PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre template stacking

Trekkin
2010-03-25, 12:52 AM
Browsing through Obeah's Races thread, a repost of which is linked here (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19869050/Obeahs_Races_thread_disappeared_?post_id=338294526 #338294526) I have come across the following:

Petal Captured One(shrapnyl) incarnate construct
Str 18(18 not +18) Dex 11, Con +4, Int +4, Wis 19, Cha +8

I'd very much like to use this, but what falls out from the process beyond the ability scores eludes me, so I must ask you all: Firstly, is this a legal use of the template, and secondly, what LA and size does the resulting once-construct have?

I've found a better way, but I'll let the post alone should anyone come hunting for means of boosting their Int through moderately cheesy templates:

Half Giant -> Deep -> Primordial ->Captured One -> Incarnate Golem, for +6 to Int.

Darrin
2010-03-25, 07:27 AM
Firstly, is this a legal use of the template

Magical panties you wear on your head that turn you into a construct? I think the word "legal" left the party a long, long time ago and is no longer returning our phone calls.

and secondly, what LA and size does the resulting once-construct have?

The Incarnate Construct template is really, really oddball... but if you tried to cast awaken construct on a creature under the Ragamuffin template, I'd probably rule it was a "temporary construct" and thus not a legal target for the spell. (Polymorph any object might get around that, though.) If you just apply Incarnate Construct without the spell... I guess you can use the LA -2 to offset the Petal LA. I don't see anything in the templates that changes the size, though. It would still be tiny.

Half Giant -> Deep -> Primordial ->Captured One -> Incarnate Golem, for +6 to Int.

Needs more Tauric + Necropolitan.

Tytalus
2010-03-25, 08:58 AM
Petal is not a race that can be used for a PC, so no (disturbing mental images aside).

Starbuck_II
2010-03-25, 09:16 AM
Petal is not a race that can be used for a PC, so no (disturbing mental images aside).

Why?
Oh they have Cohort LA, so they can be a cohort but not a PC.

So just get a cohort: Petal Captured One(shrapnyl) incarnate construct

No one said Cohorts can't be weird.

Trekkin
2010-03-25, 09:38 AM
Technically though, by removing cohort LA don't you remove the cohort-only restriction?

Ravens_cry
2010-03-25, 09:52 AM
Considering that cohorts are generally weaker then the main dude, it wouldn't take that much to convince a DM to allow it.
Rule Zero is also RAW.

Trekkin
2010-03-25, 11:40 AM
To minmax this even further, is it possible to repeatedly go back and forth between Captured One and Incarnate Construct? By my math that makes the maximum int bonus 31 through Kwisatz Haderach-esque breeding programs to gain all the half templates.