PDA

View Full Version : 3.0 Interesting Question.

Shadwen
2010-03-25, 04:20 AM
Hi im playing in a home campaign and want to create one of the following.

The rules are level 5 any book. But try and stay in PHB/DMG/MM1/Sword and Fist/Defenders of the Faith/Song and Silence/Tome and Blood/Masters of the Wild. you dont have to but they are the ones I have on hand.

Ok here is the list of things I want to attempt.

Monk/Barbarian - Insane Damage Dealer
Paladin/Ranger - Holy Archer Batman!
Barbarian/Ranger - No. You go out there. Dude..its only 7 arrows at a time.
Monk/Cleric - ??? not sure ??

Im not sure what would be the best but im tired of playing single class...yes ive done the wizard control, the infinite gold wizard, the super cleric, a duskblade infinite hit. I just want something interesting and not so bland.

Please assist me in telling me why these will/wont work and if you have any that will. Also if you see that it might work please give me a race/feats/general concept.

Thank you very much.

Geiger Counter
2010-03-25, 04:29 AM
Play a barbarian or cloistered cleric with a monks belt.
You could play a monk and drink rage potions.
Playing a shifter is good if you want to play a self buffing savage while still playing a monk.
Take devoted hunter for a ranger paladin (CAd).
There is also this.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm

Also the name of this thread is outright false advertisement.
On a scale from 1 to 10 on how interesting it is, it is a 2.5 tops.

Drend
2010-03-25, 04:37 AM
Hi im playing in a home campaign and want to create one of the following.

The rules are level 5 any book. But try and stay in PHB/DMG/MM1/Sword and Fist/Defenders of the Faith/Song and Silence/Tome and Blood/Masters of the Wild. you dont have to but they are the ones I have on hand.

Ok here is the list of things I want to attempt.

Monk/Barbarian - Insane Damage Dealer
Paladin/Ranger - Holy Archer Batman!
Barbarian/Ranger - No. You go out there. Dude..its only 7 arrows at a time.
Monk/Cleric - ??? not sure ??

Im not sure what would be the best but im tired of playing single class...yes ive done the wizard control, the infinite gold wizard, the super cleric, a duskblade infinite hit. I just want something interesting and not so bland.

Please assist me in telling me why these will/wont work and if you have any that will. Also if you see that it might work please give me a race/feats/general concept.

Thank you very much.

Monk/Barb - Opposing alignments. Depending on how you do it, you could potentially waste levels, and lose a LOT of class abilities. Human. Extra feat.
Pally/Ranger - Devoted Tracker feat in Complete Adventurer. I personally like these, and I'd probably go Elf. Maybe Halfling for fun.
Barb/Ranger - TWF + Rage = Fun. (1st level barb, rest ranger, or 2 lvls ranger, rest barb) I'd go Dwarf and take the Oversized TWF feat.
Monk/Cleric - Holy spells + Unarmed damage + High wisdom = good. I like these as well.

Personally, I'd go with the Ascetic mage. (Sor/Mnk) Replaces the wisdom score bonus to AC with Charisma, and gives a couple other cool abilities.

HunterOfJello
2010-03-25, 04:45 AM
If you want to play a character based on hybrids then...

Tome of Battle!

Swordsage = Rouge/Monk/Wizard super synergy
Crusader = Paladin/Fighter super synergy
Warblade = Ranger/Barbarian/Fighter super synergy

also, i think several of the books you mentioned are actually 3.0e

Shadwen
2010-03-25, 04:49 AM
They might be heh. Not quite sure...just got a box of them from an old friend.

Im liking the Barb/Ranger and Ranger/Paladin that was listed above that seems pretty nice.

and what is Cad?

Keld Denar
2010-03-25, 05:18 AM
Probably Complete Adventurer. Its the 3.5 version of Song and Silence, essentially. The rogue book.

What are you trying to do? Pool together ideas for characters? I'm confused. If you want help with anything specific, we need more details.

Shadwen
2010-03-25, 05:30 AM
ahh nice.

Yeah im trying to pool some character ideas to see what would be the best in a mid-high power campaign. I want to be able to stand with a good team and do well.

Im leaning heavily on Paladin/Ranger right now...possibly Barb/Ranger if at all possible.

Here is what the dm sent me.

Your rolls are 18,18,17,15,15,13

also we are level 5, and I have a feeling alot of people are going to be optimizing and I want to have fun.

Godskook
2010-03-25, 05:38 AM
Have you read about the Horizon Tripper yet? Try it here:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80415

Shadwen
2010-03-25, 05:42 AM
Just looked over it. It is a nice idea. I just prefer not to trip anymore. I did the whole tripping bit and it just got old. Im trying for fun but effective.