PDA

View Full Version : Psicrystal Affinity Field Abuse

Wings of Peace
2010-03-25, 04:59 AM
I'm creating a character for a thought exercise who abuses looping Affinity Fields with his Psicrystal and then manifesting Synchronicity to generate actions (an old news combo but I find it fun to play with).

The part I am having difficulty with is that I would like for the Psicrystal to be embedded into the character in some way be it slotted into his armor or his body, however, I am drawing blanks. I am aware there is a Dragon Magazine feat for Warforged that allows them to store things inside an extra dimensional space within their bodies however I'm searching for a non Dragon way of accomplishing this right now. Ideas?

magic9mushroom
2010-03-25, 05:33 AM
I'm creating a character for a thought exercise who abuses looping Affinity Fields with his Psicrystal and then manifesting Synchronicity to generate actions (an old news combo but I find it fun to play with).

The part I am having difficulty with is that I would like for the Psicrystal to be embedded into the character in some way be it slotted into his armor or his body, however, I am drawing blanks. I am aware there is a Dragon Magazine feat for Warforged that allows them to store things inside an extra dimensional space within their bodies however I'm searching for a non Dragon way of accomplishing this right now. Ideas?

There's one trick with putting it in a compartment inside your shield and then melding the shield into your body, not sure if it works. Taken from the Truenamer Handbook.

Wings of Peace
2010-03-25, 05:36 AM
There's one trick with putting it in a compartment inside your shield and then melding the shield into your body, not sure if it works. Taken from the Truenamer Handbook.

Linky? All I've found is the Gleemax Optimization Guide which doesn't mention shield tricking.

magic9mushroom
2010-03-25, 05:42 AM
Linky? All I've found is the Gleemax Optimization Guide which doesn't mention shield tricking.

Here, though I got the name wrong. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114269)

Wings of Peace
2010-03-25, 05:53 AM
Here, though I got the name wrong. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114269)

I like it thankie. The Oil Chamber part actually caught my attention the most. Storing the Psicrystal in an Oil Chamber on a Weapon Graft (FF) would be pretty damn awesome for a Psiforged character, or at least in my mind it is awesome.

Edit: Idea! Modify Legacy Weapon Mau-Jehe (WoL) to have the Oil Chamber and turn it into a weapon graft. RAW it's legal I think if not somewhat perplexing but in that way we can simply store the weapon away when we don't want it out given that it can be used as a mind blade.