PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft Graphical Difficulties

ondonaflash
2010-03-25, 03:10 PM
Okay, so I know this isn't a recent problem but I haven't found a solution that worked for me yet. There's some color inversion when I load up the Original Starcraft: Brood Wars which I downloaded off of Battle.net.

I run Windows 7, and I have a GeForce 8800GTS. I've attempted to run it in compatability mode: Windows XP (Service Pack 2) with Visual Themes and Desktop Composition shut off, I've also tried it with 256 Colors, and 640 x 480 resolution, which I did not expect to make significant difference. Any other suggestions on what I should to prevent this color inversion? Its not altering the gameplay, but it is irritating.

I am running Version 1.16.1 of the game.

EleventhHour
2010-03-25, 03:36 PM
Okay, so I know this isn't a recent problem but I haven't found a solution that worked for me yet. There's some color inversion when I load up the Original Starcraft: Brood Wars which I downloaded off of Battle.net.

I run Windows 7, and I have a GeForce 8800GTS. I've attempted to run it in compatability mode: Windows XP (Service Pack 2) with Visual Themes and Desktop Composition shut off, I've also tried it with 256 Colors, and 640 x 480 resolution, which I did not expect to make significant difference. Any other suggestions on what I should to prevent this color inversion? Its not altering the gameplay, but it is irritating.

Normally it fixes itself if you restart the game a few times, if that doesn't work... Well, I'm not great with computers, so I couldn't tell you.

Also, I'd like to direct you... to this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101411&page=37). :smalltongue:

Forbiddenwar
2010-03-25, 11:28 PM

I notice the same thing and had the same problem. It occurred right after patching it to 1.16.1 Funny thing, it seems to only show up after I try to use battlenet and get a Key has been disabled message. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it from battlenet, ignored multiplayer and now I never get the color inversion. But every time I try multiplayer, the color inversion comes back and stays until I uninstall and reinstall. I am getting a replacement key. Did you get a "CD-Key has been disabled" message while attempting to connect to battlenet for multiplayer?

Ishikar
2010-03-26, 03:09 PM
This is going to sound absolutely crazy but open the desktop resolution window and leave it open when you launch SC. I found it online and tried it on a whim since nothing else seemed to work but it does the trick.

Mad Wizard
2010-03-26, 04:59 PM
I've been having this problem, and the previous solution worked for me, at least. Thanks!

ondonaflash
2010-03-26, 06:13 PM
This is going to sound absolutely crazy but open the desktop resolution window and leave it open when you launch SC. I found it online and tried it on a whim since nothing else seemed to work but it does the trick.

I'll give it a shot, but I tried a variation of this before.