PDA

View Full Version : Alchemist Character Build (3.5)

EdroGrimshell
2010-03-25, 06:08 PM
Okay, so my old character died in the last session :smallfrown:

Now i am building an alchemist character, i would like to know if anyone has an effective build that would work well with this concept, all books are allowed, and i can mix campaign settings.

So far i was thinking artificer/wizard, alchemist savant, and master alchemist but would like to know of any other combinations that could work better

EDIT: We also use a homebrew alchemy system that lets us make stronger versions of alchemical items, and weak versions of normal potions.

Vizzerdrix
2010-03-25, 06:22 PM
Rogue/Wizard. Sneak attack with your flasks. Grab proficiency with the Alchemist's blade and go to town. A&EG has a weapon that ups the range on alchemists stuff. Get a master work one, but don't worry about getting the weapon prof with it.

taltamir
2010-03-25, 07:19 PM
why wizard/artificer? I would do one OR the other...
if using wizard, IIRC arcane trickster gives you some neat tricks...

Scoot
2010-03-25, 07:29 PM
There are actual Alchemist Prestige classes, and more alchemical items, in Alchemy & Herbalists (http://www.amazon.com/Alchemy-Herbalists-d20-Guidebook-BAS1003/dp/0971439249) if you've never seen it. Like all alchemy, it isn't very strong, bu it's fun.

If not, I'd probably go with the Rogue combo, you could also put alchemical capsules on for added boom.

EdroGrimshell
2010-03-25, 07:50 PM
why wizard/artificer? I would do one OR the other...
if using wizard, IIRC arcane trickster gives you some neat tricks...

The slash actually meant "either or" not both.