PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] What are some solid psywar powers/feats

Touchy
2010-03-25, 09:30 PM
I'm loving psychic warrior right now, but with our fighter/ranger's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=50412)(Thinks magic is superior in every way) constant insults towards psionics and how I am currently thinking if I'm taking my build the right way.
Here is a current link
http://www.roguepenguin.com/castellar/profiler/view.php?id=4885
I can remake at level 6 if badly needed, but I'm currently in-love with psionics. I'm trying to stick in SRD for powers and I'm using a site with a feat list for feats.
Posting in combat, so not that detailed.

Temotei
2010-03-25, 09:32 PM
Vancian spellcasting is generally better than psionics, but he's using a ranger, so psionics shouldn't be too hard to beat that with. :smallamused:

I'm not too great with the psionics system yet. I'm working on it, but I'd rather stay out of this until I learn more. :smallsmile:

Touchy
2010-03-25, 09:34 PM
Vancian spellcasting is generally better than psionics, but he's using a ranger, so psionics shouldn't be too hard to beat that with. :smallamused:

I'm not too great with the psionics system yet. I'm working on it, but I'd rather stay out of this until I learn more. :smallsmile:

Well it's better than everything, simply because of all the tricks, psionics is more balanced IMO.(Not going to argue or support my points, just because I'm not going to argue when I need build help)
He does have an over-powered greatsword though, 5d6 damage I think

mikej
2010-03-25, 09:45 PM
He's just a Fighter/Ranger, how is that saying magic is superior? I'd understand if this was discussion not related to the classes just mentioned. Magic is stronger than Psionics. Given the ammount of support it has. However, Psionics is way more balanced.

I hear that "Expansion" is pretty good :smallwink:

Touchy
2010-03-25, 09:50 PM
He's just a Fighter/Ranger, how is that saying magic is superior? I'd understand if this was discussion not related to the classes just mentioned. Magic is stronger than Psionics. Given the ammount of support it has. However, Psionics is way more balanced.

I got expansion, currently being useful by grappling a nercomancer that frooze most of the party through ghoul's touch. It's dead and now we are dealing with undead.

Touchy
2010-03-25, 09:53 PM

Because I died with my psion from him not being a meatshield to spite me for making him pay 500 for me to join the party(Bad, bad idea, for RP or for Crunch, and I learned that). And I failed against a homebrew class for a moment becuase I forgot to step back to heal and failed a few concentration saves, and took a critical level drain for 8 levels at level 5(Dm let me live through it).
Despite 1 being his/my fault, 2 being my stupidity, and 3 being critical level drain.

mikej
2010-03-25, 09:54 PM
Good than, In all fairness you shouldn't have much problems with the Ftr/Rng.
yeah, I have a habit of not reading the links properly. My bad.

Also, how does that Greatsword do that much? Is it some giving ability from the DM or some game method?

Touchy
2010-03-25, 09:55 PM
Good than, In all fairness you shouldn't have much problems with the Ftr/Rng.
yeah, I have a habit of not reading the links properly. My bad.

Also, how does that Greatsword do that much? If some giving ability from the DM or some game method?

We can buy enchantment through slots, which he is abusing with 3 different slots. 500 per 1d6 elemental damage. Grabbing it when we get out of this long dungeon.

Temotei
2010-03-25, 09:56 PM
Well it's better than everything, simply because of all the tricks, psionics is more balanced IMO.(Not going to argue or support my points, just because I'm not going to argue when I need build help)
He does have an over-powered greatsword though, 5d6 damage I think

That's my point. More balanced means less powerful than spellcasting. :smalltongue:

Of course, since he's a ranger (and not even full ranger), spellcasting will be weaker than it could be by quite a bit. Divine spellcasting is weaker than arcane, and rangers have very small amounts of spells available unless you go into the Spell Compendium.

Touchy
2010-03-25, 09:59 PM
That's my point. More balanced means less powerful than spellcasting. :smalltongue:

Of course, since he's a ranger (and not even full ranger), spellcasting will be weaker than it could be by quite a bit. Divine spellcasting is weaker than arcane, and rangers have very small amounts of spells available unless you go into the Spell Compendium.

It's probably his greatsword and his bab that are beating me/ his animal companion.

I'm also an idiot and didn't notice I could wear all types of armor, probably grabbing heavier armor too, for increased AC.

Edit: Apparently he's full ranger, and just uses a great sword and a bow.
He's ranger 7 and refuses to let me see his sheet, so no comparing, but I know he's taking occult slayer PrC when he can take it.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2010-03-25, 10:10 PM
First of all, critical hits with level drains, ability drain, ability damage, etc. do not simply double the effect. The critical hit damage is never anything but HP damage, in this case in the form of negative energy.

Second, if you grapple someone with a touch spell active you automatically get hit with the touch spell. Touch spells automatically hit whoever you touch next regardless of why or how you touch them, and if you grapple him he's touching you.

The other player may be playing a Mystic Ranger with Sword of the Arcane Order. He could already be casting 2nd level Wizard and Ranger spells on a full BAB character. If he's level 6 like the linked character, he could be a TWF Ranger 4/ Dungeoncrasher Fighter 2 with Knock-Back and be absolutely destroying anything they encounter.

A Psion is extremely hard to kill with Psicrystal Affinity, Vigor, and Share Pain. Share your Vigor with your Psicrystal, so you and it each get 5 hp per powerpoint, and with Share Pain on it all damage to either of you is split between you. You effectively get 10 hp per powerpoint spent on Vigor, and once it runs out/low just manifest it again fully augmented.

For your current character, you don't need Wild Talent. It's intended to make a nonpsionic character into a psionic character, but with even one level in Psychic Warrior makes the feat redundant. If you got it for the extra powerpoints, switch it for Psionic Talent, at least that gets better if you take it again.

He's wearing five sombreros?

Touchy
2010-03-25, 10:15 PM
Long post
He's wearing five sombreros?
YES, FIVE SOMBREROS! Earlier we fought 5 Mexican (samurai) banditos.
Also alot of rule clarifications, thanks for all of this, will take share pain next level and psicrystal affinity next bonus feat. I also don't trust him to be THAT optimized, clearly I'll ask for a feat swap from my DM.

BIRDMANﺕ [BTC]: We can buy enchantment through slots, which he is abusing with 3 different slots. 500 per 1d6 elemental damage. Grabbing it when we get out of this long dungeon.
BIRDMANﺕ [BTC]: fun fact
BIRDMANﺕ [BTC]: that entire statement is wrong
BIRDMANﺕ [BTC]: I do an extra d6 thunder
BIRDMANﺕ [BTC]: from a base thunder sword
BIRDMANﺕ [BTC]: something YOU helped me pay for I might add
Touchy: Well thats an informative
BIRDMANﺕ [BTC]: I have 2 slots
Touchy: k
Touchy: Well that helps

Clarifications from him, he has 2 slots and a thunder greatsword.

Tinydwarfman
2010-03-25, 10:27 PM
All this time and no handbook (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19539114/Psychic_Warrior_Build_Guide_38;_Compendium_Revised )? I am surprised. Lay the smack down on him with a teleporting trip lockdown build.

Touchy
2010-03-25, 10:45 PM
All this time and no handbook (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19539114/Psychic_Warrior_Build_Guide_38;_Compendium_Revised )? I am surprised. Lay the smack down on him with a teleporting trip lockdown build.

The thread wasn't even orginally around about beating the fighter, I just want to rival him, just to keep up with him and make him realize psionics don't suck, and are infact a viable option. But I didn't say stop. :smallamused:

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-03-25, 11:00 PM
Expansion is good. Later on, it gets hella good with 2 size category increases. This significantly increases both reach and damage.
Psionic Lion's Pounce. Why do you not have this?

Also, why have you not tried to go into Slayer? 9/10 manifesting, with full BAB and nice class abilities. It's like EK, with more awesome, and less suck.

You may have to dip one level of Ranger to qualify for Slayer, or blow a feat on Track.

With EWP: Spiked Chain + Expansion, you can be a Gatling Tripper nightmare. Rival? Hell, you can out tank him any day at this point. Plus being immune to Rogues, as once they get close enough to Sneak Attack, they are also provoking AoO from movement.

BIRDMANﺕ
2010-03-26, 02:52 AM
{Scrubbed}

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-03-26, 03:23 AM
Okay, then it sounds like what he has problems with is PsyWar Optimization.

First off, let's get down to basics:

If your GM allows LA Buyoff, grab Half-Giant for Powerful Build. You're wielding a Large weapon now, although you don't have Reach.

Grab Expansion. Now you've got 10' reach. 20' with Spiked Chain

Now then, are opponents doing lots of damage per hit, or lots of hits for little damage? If the latter, you may wish to invest in some DR. Otherwise, you need some method of avoiding attacks. Easiest way for that is simply a Lesser Cloak of Displacement. By the way, it also negates sneak attack, since you have a Miss Chance due to Concealment.

Now then, here's the next thing you want to consider:

PsiWar is a 3/4 BAB class. Nice, but... umm... let's do better than that. It's called Slayer. Really, there's no reason to NOT get into it, although you may need a level dip in Ranger to qualify. Failing that, grab the Track feat, and some cross-class ranks.

Okay, so, how do we want to do this? You have options:

1) Charger! You want Power Attack, Leap Attack, Shock Trooper, Combat Reflexes, and Karmic Strike. You don't care if you get hit. In fact, you WANT to get it. Because when they hit you, then you get to hit back. And your hits are doing like +100 damage.

2) Gatling Tripper! Take EWP: Spiked Chain and Combat Reflexes and Karmic Strike. Also get Improved Trip and Knockback. Anything else that increases reach is also fun. Basically, you are Battlefield Control, a walking swath of "No, you are NOT getting through". A one-level dip in Crusader so ANY movement provokes AoO is a handy addition, though not necessary.

Ways to increase damage output:

1) Well, Expansion does a fine job. Two size categories higher, particularly if you are wielding a Large Greatsword to begin with, is something like 4d8 damage. Not bad, eh? Oh, let's not forget the 1.5 * Str Mod. And then Power Attack + Leap Attack for 3 * your BAB, then Shock Trooper so you won't keep missing. So at level 8, you should have a BAB of something like 6. That's +18 damage per hit just from that alone. Worth something like 4d6, effectively.

2) There's a +2 Enhancement which gives a flat +5 to damage. Always a good thing.

3) STR boosting stuff increases damage output significantly.

4) See if you can get some buffs. Specifically, Greater Magic Weapon. It means you never need more than a +1 weapon.

Anyways, I hope this has helped.

For another way to see how effective psionics is, try looking at Shinji Ikari (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=153286), the most Emo man alive. In effect, you hurt him, and he hurts you back, healing himself in the process. Empathic Feedback: It's a Damage Shield, every time they hit you, they get hurt. Empathic Transfer, Hostile: You deal damage to them, and heal the same amount of damage. Both of these can be boosted to stupid levels.

With Overchannel and Talented, you can, at Manifester Level 8, be returning 11 damage every time an opponent hits you, with the ability to dish out 90 damage, which you then heal from. Or you can heal 50 damage, and dish that damage to every opponent within 20' of you.

For the ranged combatants, we have Energy Retort, which shoots bolts of energy at anyone who uses ranged attacks against him.

So go ahead. You hurt me, I hurt you, then I hurt you again and heal up.

mikej
2010-03-26, 03:32 AM
Refuting some pitty argument from a friend/fellow player/Stuff

This is GiTP forums, not marital court. You two need to seriously resolve things. Like how old are you both? Also what is the DM doing about this?

You two are obviously both locked into some sort of PvP mindset. To which I can relate since I also come from similiar group. At least not bad as this. Just snap yourself out of it and come to some mutual understanding of one another. D&D is not a game to one up your friends.

For future campaigns, if you two play together again, I suggest the whole party discusses what roles should be filled. So everyone is not stepping on each other's feet.

I few things I noted that's probally ( unless this thread is closed ) going to net you backlash

1: Insulting past player's characters isn't a good way of going about things.
2: From what I could make out of it, you mentioned 4e < 3.5. Which is a matter of personal opinion
3: Dragging Psionic's name through the mud. Which isn't appropriate giving that it's a fairly good system. Also user Touchy is a poor example of it being used.
4: Insisting your character is better over an public forum. Which is just a Ranger that's nothing really special.

PhoenixRivers
2010-03-26, 03:34 AM
{Scrubbed}

First: Straight Ranger is worse than Straight fighter, or fighter/ranger, generally.

Second? A psywar level 8 or so can generally take most other melee combatants, ranger included. In fact, with the right ability selection, said character can be practically unbeatable for short bursts each day. At least, to physical damage.

A psion can do the same around level 7, due to powers that don't attack HP. Possibly sooner, with the right feat/power selection. He'll burn a lot of PP to do so, but it's not that hard to set up. It's conceivable at that level, that a level 7 psion could have 10d4 charisma damage, every 2d4 is a will save for half (average of 12-13 if you pass every save, Save DC = 14+int)... And that's all between the time you say that you charge, and the point you reach him.

Yeah, it'll burn most of his PP reserve, but it's doable.

Touchy
2010-03-26, 06:46 AM
This is GiTP forums, not marital court. You two need to seriously resolve things. Like how old are you both? Also what is the DM doing about this?

You two are obviously both locked into some sort of PvP mindset. To which I can relate since I also come from similiar group. At least not bad as this. Just snap yourself out of it and come to some mutual understanding of one another. D&D is not a game to one up your friends.

For future campaigns, if you two play together again, I suggest the whole party discusses what roles should be filled. So everyone is not stepping on each other's feet.

I few things I noted that's probally ( unless this thread is closed ) going to net you backlash

2: From what I could make out of it, you mentioned 4e < 3.5. Which is a matter of personal opinion
3: Dragging Psionic's name through the mud. Which isn't appropriate giving that it's a fairly good system. Also user Touchy is a poor example of it being used.
4: Insisting your character is better over an public forum. Which is just a Ranger that's nothing really special.
I'm in high school and he's some where in art college I believe. The DM doesn't try and enter this, and generally responds with the usual "**** over birdman" attitude. I try to be civil about this, I see this as unfair targeting, despite the fact he nearly lost to our cleric the DM has some idea that he has not told me, he's been pretty open about other things and sometimes activately tells us about what we are up against if we were talking with us for awhile.

Despite this I meta'd and even told him that the DM gave me some artifact that got benefits when he is hurt, this is mostly because I both don't want to be counter-productive and I believe his mostly aimed at him attacks are annoying, and the fact the barbarian as well has been given an artifact like this, and my previous sorcerer almost got one but beat the willsave. I don't want us to argue, it hurts the game, infact I try to help you IC and OOC.

I don't want to be in his shadow, but I should of stopped this argument from coming at the second post. All I really wanted to do was make sure I had a solid selection of feats and powers, and generally see if I was doing it right/wrong.

Ps: Birdman, because I'm lazy, I'mma tell you now that I'm going to write a character background whenever I get back.

BIRDMANﺕ
2010-03-26, 01:15 PM
I'm in high school and he's some where in art college I believe. The DM doesn't try and enter this, and generally responds with the usual "**** over birdman" attitude. I try to be civil about this, I see this as unfair targeting, despite the fact he nearly lost to our cleric the DM has some idea that he has not told me, he's been pretty open about other things and sometimes activately tells us about what we are up against if we were talking with us for awhile.

Despite this I meta'd and even told him that the DM gave me some artifact that got benefits when he is hurt, this is mostly because I both don't want to be counter-productive and I believe his mostly aimed at him attacks are annoying, and the fact the barbarian as well has been given an artifact like this, and my previous sorcerer almost got one but beat the willsave. I don't want us to argue, it hurts the game, infact I try to help you IC and OOC.

I don't want to be in his shadow, but I should of stopped this argument from coming at the second post. All I really wanted to do was make sure I had a solid selection of feats and powers, and generally see if I was doing it right/wrong.

Ps: Birdman, because I'm lazy, I'mma tell you now that I'm going to write a character background whenever I get back.

I'm in a Community College, and yes I want to major in Graphic Design; but im not getting my degree there. I am getting my degree later

I didn't nearly lose to that cleric. I bored the cleric to death, he gave up. Also our DM sucks touchy. sucks more than pam anderson on a Saturday night (thats a lot of sucking). Well I got a surprise for him! In the words of the Demoman "IM A GRIM BLOODY FABLE!" That artifact he gave you was wrong... specifically targeting players is unacceptable. He is however of course forgetting his place, being as he his DM I organized the whole DND grouping. BIRDSNEST DND is basically mine... I'm thinking we thwart him on this then im going to bring this up to his attention. Conspiring against players out of characterly is unacceptable. Which I will have to bring this his attention eventually seeing as I organize these games. I'm also going to write a dungeon masters contract to prevent this from happening to other people. Out of Character Conspiracy is wrong. If something is going to happen in game its going to happen in the actual game. Going to suspend him from DMing till he signs it as well.

Btw I think the DM is giving Darpa immunity... I don't know why but I have a good feeling Darpa isn't ever going ot be targeted

Greenish
2010-03-26, 01:19 PM
You might want to take the offtopic conversion to private.

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-26, 01:24 PM
Feat-Wise, Here's my flyweight combo.

Race: Favorite Elven race
Class: Swashbuckler 4/Psi Warrior 4/Duelist 2/Slayer 10

Feats: Combat Expertise, Exotic Proficiency (Elven Courtblade), Improved Feint, Psychic Weapon, Deep Impact, whatever else you need

Swashbuckler WF: Elven Courtblade

Here's what's what (I think. Don't feel shy to correct me):
You Use Improved Feint with Deep Impact, basically to have to beat a 10 to hit. Enjoy

satorian
2010-03-26, 01:37 PM
This I'm-awesome-my-DM-sucks-no-I'm-awesome crap should really be dealt with over email. We don't care about your tiff. People here can help with the psychic warrior build. They have. They can also give advice on smoothing over game tensions, but only after you get to the point where you are ready for such advice, and you have not.

So for the time being, for all our sakes, please take all non-build advice to PM or email. This is just making you both look petty.

erikun
2010-03-26, 01:43 PM
Good 1st level powers:

Expansion, Force Screen, My Light, Vigor, Astral Construct (Expanded Knowledge feat)

Good 2nd level powers:

Body Adjustment, Concealing Amorpha, Psionic Lion’s Charge

Besides using Expanded Knowledge to gain extra powers, Psionic Meditation + Psionic Weapon and such allows you to gain a focus and immediately use it, and Psicrystal Affinity + Psicrystal Containment allows you to carry around more than one focus. You also have access to whatever feats Birdman has, if you really want to try playing the same game. I'm not even sure how a 26 HP wolf with a +5 attack is causing you such trouble.

As for other classes, the Slayer PrC is an excellent way to easily increase your BAB. You can also go into War Mind, but that means you don't get the higher level Psychic Warrior powers (and you can't augment them to the same level).

Also, agreed on the personal conversation. That's probably best held in PMs.

BIRDMANﺕ
2010-03-26, 02:38 PM

We arent locked into any PVP mindsight. Touchy didn't ask for a comparrisson between characters orginally he just asked for a way to prove psionics use for me.

1. Don't give me **** about insulting people when you do it in your own post "touchy is a poor example of the use of psionics"
2. Even if it is a matter of personal opinion lets be honest, the ratio of people who prefer 3.5 to 4E is higher in 3.5's favor. In fact I haven't met a single person who throughly enjoys and believes 4E to be superior to 3.5 until just a few days ago.
3. From what I seen it should be dragged through the mud. So far it has been kinda worthless. Also I do not doubt touchy's ability he is an experienced player from my knowledge.
4. Oh you can insist someone else's but I can't defend myself? hahaha your funny.

As for our party we have a horrible track record and a horrible Dungeon Master. It is all we got though, and we have a lot of new people who don't know what there doing and make a huge burden on the party. These people are the people in our party who like to roll sense motives on enemies that are clearly attacking us and have clear motives to kill us or he will sense motive a brick or he will make checks when the DM doesn't tell him to like spot and listen every time we enter a door.The RP level is also pretty bad there is only 4 or so people who have intense characters which would be our party leader, me, touchy, and our friend Zelda a rogue. Also many people die... the only people who haven't had a character die is me and the party leader...

satorian
2010-03-26, 03:15 PM
Dude, you are on a board filled with experts on both theoretical and practical optimization. They are telling you that ranger, while you can still have fun playing one, is one of the weakest classes. By the numbers, they are right. Psychic Warrior, by the numbers, is stronger, though not as strong as any straight spellcaster, including psion. If you wish, simply search the forum for discussion after discussion of class tiers.

What this means is that the player of the psywar is not optimizing very well. You say his HP are low. Is that because he rolled poorly for HP? That would not be his fault. Is it because he dumped CON? That would be foolish for any class, at least from an optimization perspective (But see, e.g., Raistlin Magere).

Your insistence that the DM and the other players suck is not informative, nor is it germane to the discussion. Well, whatever the discussion is. What is it? Player x is poopyface? No player y is a butt-poopy-face? Psionics suxx0r? This guy isn't making correct use of the weird video game weapon houserule? This other guy is using it correctly, and that makes me sad?

4e vs. 3.5 has been hashed out here plenty, and nobody is really interested in the fight anymore. My gut tells me the popularity is regional. It seems some people only know people who play 4e, and some people only know people who play 3.5/Pathfinder. Anyway, the edition wars are entirely unrelated to whatever else is being discussed here. Which, as I said, remains unclear.

Anyway, to answer what I think are the questions, and to do so succinctly: psionics don't suck. Psions are slightly weaker than wizards, sorcerers, druids, and clerics, but not much. This comparative weakness mostly arises from psions being less abusable. Rangers out of the box are weaker than psywars out of the box, especially as they go up in level. Both can be optimized more or less, changing which specific character is stronger. If you want to learn to optimize a psywar, look at the handbook linked above.

And most of all, don't be an aggressive and defensive jerk.

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-03-26, 03:46 PM
Advice was requested for psywar build. Advice was given.

This thread is rapidly devolving into a flame war, and I refuse to participate any further.

BIRDMANﺕ
2010-03-26, 03:47 PM
Dude, you are on a board filled with experts on both theoretical and practical optimization. They are telling you that ranger, while you can still have fun playing one, is one of the weakest classes.

Read about this far in. I lol'd.

AtwasAwamps
2010-03-26, 03:49 PM
IT is very clear that touchy has either rolled extremely poorly on his rolls for HP or something else is afoot, because from what I can see, his HP should be quite solid, at the very least comparable or greater than the rangers. He receives 8 for his Psionic Body Feat, 18 for his con bonus, and 8 for max dice at level 1. This means before even rolling the remaining 5d8, he should have 34 hit points. Since he currently only has 47 totally, that means he rolled 13 for a 5d8 roll, which is below average. On top of that, your donkey is screwed up. With the con he has and what that sheet says, he cannot have 50 hit points at “level 5” (and as noted on the sheet, he is ECL 3 and one of those levels is WIZARD, so he’s rocking 2d10+1d4+3 so what the HELL?). Now, if you were following the rules for awaken straight, he’d actually be 4d10+1d4+5, which would be 49 hitpoints IF HE ROLLED MAX ON EACH DIE.

So your entire hit point argument is moot and probably houseruled somehow? I don’t know. That donkey is fricking crazy.

Anyways, touchy, there’s a lot of good advice here. I’d really suggest you take that rebuild option and pick a few stronger powers and alter your feats around a bit (ditching wild talent and cleave, perhaps) and narrowing your focus a little bit. Psychic Warriors are easily one of the stronger and more fun psionic-gish style classes to play around with, and become extremely potent if you can slip into the Slayer prc. Give it a shot!

Birdman – Seriously, dude. Relax. Calm down. Take a nap. Something. You scare me.

BIRDMANﺕ
2010-03-26, 03:51 PM
Advice was requested for psywar build. Advice was given.

This thread is rapidly devolving into a flame war, and I refuse to participate any further.

Yep it was supposed to be about a build then it became Warrior Ranger VS Psychomantis

then it became about in game stuff which im sure you guys hardly understand whats going on (being we are in a hardley completed campaign setting and with a crazy dm who felt gigantic sombreos give mexican samurai's 20% concealment. (This makes for a really goofy story)

and now its all about etiquette with people. People saying "no this guys wrong" "no that guys a ***** example" "no hes a moron" "he doesent know how to post"

This is slowly becoming flame war. good thing is its a slow flame which means it still has time to be preemptivley put out before the actual fire begins. Either way I am done here on this thread.

mikej
2010-03-26, 03:54 PM
1. Don't give me **** about insulting people when you do it in your own post "touchy is a poor example of the use of psionics"

O rly? That's pretty tame compared to what you originally posted. For what I've seen it was merely an accurate observation and not any insult.

2. Even if it is a matter of personal opinion lets be honest, the ratio of people who prefer 3.5 to 4E is higher in 3.5's favor. In fact I haven't met a single person who throughly enjoys and believes 4E to be superior to 3.5 until just a few days ago.

The majority doesn't necessarily mean it's right. By that logic than the witchhunts were justified or for that matter lynch mob. As for myself I prefer 3.5 but I respect others views for as they don't force them upon me.

3. From what I seen it should be dragged through the mud. So far it has been kinda worthless. Also I do not doubt touchy's ability he is an experienced player from my knowledge.

One person doesn't represent the total sum of Psionics. Also good that you faith in your friends abilities.

4. Oh you can insist someone else's but I can't defend myself? hahaha your funny.

I never said you couldn't, did I? I was just pointing out a few details. You two should really resolve your personal matters via PM. If you two want build or advice on how to work with your DM than discuss it here.

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-03-26, 03:58 PM
Yep it was supposed to be about a build then it became Warrior Ranger VS Psychomantis

then it became about in game stuff which im sure you guys hardly understand whats going on (being we are in a hardley completed campaign setting and with a crazy dm who felt gigantic sombreos give mexican samurai's 20% concealment. (This makes for a really goofy story)

and now its all about etiquette with people. People saying "no this guys wrong" "no that guys a ***** example" "no hes a moron" "he doesent know how to post"

This is slowly becoming flame war. good thing is its a slow flame which means it still has time to be preemptivley put out before the actual fire begins. Either way I am done here on this thread.I don't think you have much room to talk, considering you apparently registered for the expressed and implicit purpose of starting and fueling the flame war...

BIRDMANﺕ
2010-03-26, 04:00 PM
I don't think you have much room to talk, considering you apparently registered for the expressed and implicit purpose of starting and fueling the flame war...

Not really. I was being talked about behind my back which isn't really courteous. Also people way before I joined turned the thread into something it wasn't about. I came in and clarified information which my friend Touchy had left out.

Either way im out of this thread and this thread should be locked imho.

elonin
2010-03-26, 04:06 PM
Just play what you want to play. Psionic warriors win due to flexibility, but that has to do with the difference between powers and arcane/divine. I'm a bit surprised that nobody has mentioned deep impact. Expend your psionic focus to make your next attack vs touch, count me in.

Roland St. Jude
2010-03-26, 04:12 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Please don't drag your external baggage onto this forum.