PDA

View Full Version : Swift Avenger

Fineous Orlon
2010-03-25, 09:33 PM
I love the Dragon Mag feat "Swift Avenger" in concept, and want it immediately for my gestalt druid/ monk/ scout/ dervish idea.

I, however realize its original prerequisites were a tad lenient: if you had 1 level of druid ['nature sense'] and 1 level of scout [+1d6 skirmish], you added druid and scout levels for skirmish progression and how many uses of wildshape you get each day.

This pretty well ignored other scout combination feats from PH2, in that one needed three levels of scout [+1d6 damage and +1 AC bonus from skirmish] plus 1 level of another class [sneak attk or favored enemy] to qualify for a scout combination feat that let you advance some class abilities from 2 classes at the same time.

So I thought to rewrite Swift Avenger respecting the feat precedents and the power of Wildshape to submit to my DM.

Swift Avenger [General, Scout]
Prereq: Wildshape Class ability, Skirmish [+1d6, +1 AC]
Benefit: Add your Druid level to your Scout level [up to a maximum of your character level] to determine skirmish damage and AC bonus and how many uses of wildshape you get each day.

"Up to a maximum of your character level" is included to be specific; that is to say, to limit gestalt cheese.

This could be added, but is implied already, I think:

"This feat does not grant forms you have not earned through Druid progression."

Whaddaya think?

Riffington
2010-03-25, 09:55 PM
Swift Avenger [General, Scout]
Prereq: Wildshape Class ability, Skirmish [+1d6, +1 AC]
Benefit: Add your Druid level to your Scout level [up to a maximum of your character level] to determine skirmish damage and AC bonus and how many uses of wildshape you get each day.

Seems reasonable. Druids lose more than the other +scout classes because they're full casters, but they may also gain more because of the many animal forms with pounce and multiple attacks.

"Up to a maximum of your character level" is included to be specific; that is to say, to limit gestalt cheese.
Unnecessary. If the level is druid//scout, and both would advance skirmish, you pick one to advance skirmish.

This could be added, but is implied already, I think:

"This feat does not grant forms you have not earned through Druid progression."

Whaddaya think?
Not sure if that part's needed. If you're giving up 3 levels of druid, you probably ought not fall too far behind on the wildshape. Though it's possible there's an animal out there that'll make me eat my words.

Fineous Orlon
2010-03-26, 11:23 AM
Seems reasonable. Druids lose more than the other +scout classes because they're full casters, but they may also gain more because of the many animal forms with pounce and multiple attacks.

Unnecessary. If the level is druid//scout, and both would advance skirmish, you pick one to advance skirmish.

Not sure if that part's needed. If you're giving up 3 levels of druid, you probably ought not fall too far behind on the wildshape. Though it's possible there's an animal out there that'll make me eat my words.

Sounds like I wrote it OK, then. The redundancy is because my DM seems to look for things to dislike first, so if I am explicit in what won't happen, things may go better.

Any other problems or suggestions?