PDA

View Full Version : Best modules? [3.5e]

Lord of Syntax
2010-03-26, 12:28 AM
What are the best modules for a new DM to run?

Munchkin-Masher
2010-03-26, 02:07 AM
I Really like the 4 part series of Ebberon Modules starting with the level one Adventure in Eberron Campaign Setting followed by Shadows of The Last War, followed by Whispers of the Vampire's Blade, Followed by Grasp of the Emerald Claw.

They are classy and imaginative and give great background for new adventure to think up yourself.

Egiam
2010-03-26, 02:45 AM
I Really like the 4 part series of Ebberon Modules starting with the level one Adventure in Eberron Campaign Setting followed by Shadows of The Last War, followed by Whispers of the Vampire's Blade, Followed by Grasp of the Emerald Claw.

They are classy and imaginative and give great background for new adventure to think up yourself.

Those are nice, but I have an even better suggestion.

The Scourge of the Howling Horde is hands-down the most DM friendly module I have ever put my hands on. The plot is easy to comprehend, engaging, and simple to run. The maps are clear and the statistics well presented. Another nice thing is the little details included for beginning DMs, such as a guide for distributing XP, and a checklist of supplies for starting a game. It has a simple story, but does not railroad too bad at all. I have ran it three times, each one a success.

Summary (Not much in the way of spoilers at all)
The adventure takes place in a single western Europe styled village and the nearby forest. The characters must face an invading band of goblins, track them back to their lair, and find the source of the goblins aggresion.