PDA

View Full Version : How many weapons can be readied?

Panigg
2010-03-26, 01:08 AM
I'm currently playing a weapons expert character, who depends on a multitude of weapons...

The question is, how many can I have readied to be drawn in a round?

I would assume the following:

Right belt side: One handed
Left belt side: One Handed
Back: Two handed
Weaponsbelt accros chest: Some thrown weapons.
Hanging over head: Ranged weapon (Bow/Xbow)

Sinfire Titan
2010-03-26, 01:41 AM
Dude, you can never have enough weapons on hand. Nor can they be too big. (http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima!/224/14/)

In all actuality, there's no limit in DnD. You could build a suit of armor out of your sheathes if you get creative enough.

absolmorph
2010-03-26, 01:57 AM
Dude, you can never have enough weapons on hand. Nor can they be too big. (http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima!/224/14/)

In all actuality, there's no limit in DnD. You could build a suit of armor out of your sheathes if you get creative enough.
A man who rides a sword like it's a surfboard shouldn't be...
Actually, that's a pretty awesome example. Never mind.

Coidzor
2010-03-26, 02:03 AM
The only real limit is what the DM'll let you get away with, as there's no imposed limit in the system itself. I believe an Ehlonna's quiver lets you draw any of the weapons stored in it (which is 2-3 one handed weapons or bows for a medium character, plus room for javelins and ammo) like a handy haversack. And I imagine between 2-4 could be worn without stretching credulity of most DMs.

Then there's all of the hidden weapons (boot blades, elbow blades, spring-loaded dealies up one's sleeves, knee blades, etc.) added in from Complete Scoundrel and the Gnomish Quick Razor...

Really, though, just take a look at Haberdash the masked.

Panigg
2010-03-26, 02:38 AM
Very nice.

The character is very weapon focused so it still not too obscene right now.

I got a Maul, Bow, Spiked Chain, Flindbar, Harpoons, Longsword and 4 Daggers.

I intend to reduce that number, tho. That longswords got to go. :D

Thanks everyone!

AslanCross
2010-03-26, 06:13 AM
All two-handed weapons can be readied if you wear Steadfast Boots. (MIC)

EDIT: I fail. I thought you meant setting versus a charge. Move along.

Curmudgeon
2010-03-26, 07:26 AM
D&D doesn't have any rules for holding more than one weapon in each hand, so that's one limit. But you can add boot blades, armor spikes, and so on, without any limit other than practicality.

Eldariel
2010-03-26, 07:33 AM
You can also have Shield with Shield Spikes; Shield Bash gives you one weapon and Spikes another. This "doubles" the number of weapons in each hand.

bosssmiley
2010-03-26, 07:45 AM
It's questions like this that make squires/sword caddies handy.

Talking ("Squire, my #7 stabbing iron if you please.") is a free action after all. :smallwink:

Person_Man
2010-03-26, 10:14 AM
Have you seen Haberdash (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5266526)? There's no reason you can't carry every exotic weapon (as long as your Str is high enough to carry them all), and use them as the situation dictates.

Kaiyanwang
2010-03-26, 10:32 AM
It's questions like this that make squires/sword caddies handy.

Talking ("Squire, my #7 stabbing iron if you please.") is a free action after all. :smallwink:

I have ABSOLUTELY to built an NPC like this for the next session, as a random encounter.

Maybe the caddie will be a Tako or Thri-kreen or something else with moar arms.

Last Laugh
2010-03-26, 11:15 AM
yes yes yes I love it
Changeling Aberrant blood, inhuman reach.
Warblade 4/Warshaper 4/Warmind X
15 ft reach so you know you can get your weapons
Fast healing to keep him alive, warmind for expansion (more reach)
Quick draw and improved initiative....
THIS IS MY COHORT, HE CARRIES MY WEAPONS...
What would you PC be?

For extra weapons look at complete scoundrel, there are wrist blades and boot blades and knee blades and probably thigh blades if you look extra hard.

Yuki Akuma
2010-03-26, 11:19 AM
Two each of wrist blades, sleeve blades, boot blades, knee blades (Complete Scoundrel), Gnome quickrazors (Races of Stone)... there's ten weapons right there, and they're designed to be unobtrusive and easy to carry so your DM can't say anything. :smalltongue:

Swordgleam
2010-03-26, 01:56 PM
I ended up with three swords on my belt one renfest (left, right, back) so that's doable, though not incredibly comfortable.

ericgrau
2010-03-26, 02:11 PM
Depends. I'd say anywhere from 2 greatswords to 30+ daggers. Comfortably I'd put two weapons across back, 2 at sides and almost unlimited daggers and shortswords and similar weapons all over the place. Plus a quiver or larger container could replace a weapon slung across the back to hold more arrows, javelins, etc.

A glove of storing can add another weapon of up to 20 pounds that can be in your hand as a free action. A quiver of elhona can hold 6 bows and a multitude of other weapons (staffs, spears, javelins, arrows, etc., etc.) at the same time.

DragoonWraith
2010-03-26, 02:23 PM
I had a character with 14 pistols once... She used Quickdraw to avoid having to reload.

Yuki Akuma
2010-03-26, 02:29 PM
I had a character with 14 pistols once... She used Quickdraw to avoid having to reload.

How entirely historically accurate of you.

2xMachina
2010-03-26, 02:45 PM
Depends. I'd say anywhere from 2 greatswords to 30+ daggers. Comfortably I'd put two weapons across back, 2 at sides and almost unlimited daggers and shortswords and similar weapons all over the place. Plus a quiver or larger container could replace a weapon slung across the back to hold more arrows, javelins, etc.

A glove of storing can add another weapon of up to 20 pounds that can be in your hand as a free action. A quiver of elhona can hold 6 bows and a multitude of other weapons (staffs, spears, javelins, arrows, etc., etc.) at the same time.

Wrap a long spiked chain around your torso too, and drape the extra over the shoulder.

Then add armor spikes, spiked gauntlets. Gnome Quickrazor on wrist.

Homebrew tonfas to attach on bracer.

Elbow/knee/boot blades too.

Maybe add horns on helmet? Claws in gloves?

Escheton
2010-04-24, 04:19 PM

THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT!!!