PDA

View Full Version : Dal Mori(3.5 race)

dota600
2010-03-26, 04:44 AM
Dal Mori

Dal Mori(called Dal Morians by other races) are a squat, brutish and stocky badger like folk. Despite their slightly small stature, their body is both bulky and powerfull. They do resemble badgers and most of them look savage and animalistic which is the largest reason why other races are quite unnerved at their sight.

They are known to be ferocious and easy to anger specially when they are mocked upon but Dal morians are not violent when it is not needed and a lot of them try to be open-minded to the other races short-comings. They do however clobber someone who mocked them some other time when they are alone or surprise them when they least expect it.

The Dal morians are said to be an off shot of the dwarves though most dwarves are not sure what are they in the first place. Eventhough with their reputation, most of the Dal morians find odd jobs either as body guards or on other physical related work. Still a lot of their kin are wild and free, accepting and being what they are, as part of nature.

Dal morians are known to be music lovers, their songs are both loud, crude yet full of energy and upbeat. Most races find their music to be noise at the best and uncultured at worst and they rather go to another tavern than listen to these song of wild abandon.

Only few people know the fact that the Dal Mori can burrow underground when needed.

Most P.C Dal Morians are known to be Barbarians, but some do tend to be rangers or druids. Only few goes other path but it is fun to note that Dal Morians enjoy music of all kinds, the largest reason why there are Dal morian bards roaming around giving entertainment to their kin and to others(though the 'others' have little chance to be entertained at all).

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8016/dalmori.jpg

Creating a Dal Morian
+4 strength, +2 constitution, -2 intelligence, +2 wisdom, -4 charisma
Medium sized humanoid
Speed 30 feet
Darkvision of up to 60 feet
Damage reduction: 5/cold iron
Tremor sense of up to 60 feet
Fast Healing: A Dalmori heals 1 points of damage each round so long as it has at least 1 hit point. Fast healing does not occur when a Dal Mori is below 0 hit points.
-2 to all charisma based skill except when used on other Dal Morians and on all Perform skills available.
-4 to all intelligence based skill except knowledge(nature)
All Dal mori are proficient on using one musical instrument, this adds an additional +2 on performance checks when said instrument is being used.
Dal Mori can speak both common and undercommon.
Favored class: Barbarian and Bard
LA+2

I dont know, is it good or OP?:smallbiggrin:

Geiger Counter
2010-03-26, 05:07 AM
name is too much like dal quori.

Zom B
2010-03-26, 05:34 AM
Dal Mori

Creating a Dal Morian
Medium size humanoid

I thought that they were small according to the fluff.

-4 to all charisma based skill except on Perform and when used on other Dal Mori

You already gave them a -4 Cha. Do you really need this extra penalty?

All Dal mori are proficient on using one musical instrument

How do you work this in game mechanics? A +2 to one Perform skill? Proficient is what people are with weapons and armor. You can't be proficient with an instrument.

Also, according to fluff, they can burrow but you don't give them burrow as a movement method.

dota600
2010-03-26, 05:40 AM
I thought that they were small according to the fluff.
Hmmm.. should I make them small, I mean would it eat another LA or is it just fine?

You already gave them a -4 Cha. Do you really need this extra penalty?

I myself think so.... but I do think reducing it to -2 would be a-okey since you noted that it is quite a heavy penalty.

How do you work this in game mechanics? A +2 to one Perform skill? Proficient is what people are with weapons and armor. You can't be proficient with an instrument.
They can make it as a weapon. Whacking a banjo to someone's head is both funny and effective if you ask me. :smallbiggrin:

Naah... just joking about using it as a weapon, but yeah, I will say that an additional +2 to performance on a single instrument does add to being adept with said instrument.

Geiger Counter
2010-03-26, 05:43 AM
being medium or small is pretty equal, it's when your tiny or large is it min maxing.

cssmythe3
2010-03-26, 07:45 AM
That is a cool illustration! Did you do it?

herbe
2010-03-26, 08:02 AM
Its defintely +2 LA

Lappy9000
2010-03-26, 08:02 AM
name is too much like dal quori.Don't see why that would be a problem. The Plane's name is Dal Quor, and the Quori inhabit it. Dal Quori doesn't mean anything as far as Eberron is concerned.

You should keep the name as-is, and I like the illustration.

dota600
2010-03-26, 08:23 AM
That is a cool illustration! Did you do it?
Not drawn by me, I just found it and thought "wow, thats cool" and kept it.

Don't see why that would be a problem. The Plane's name is Dal Quor, and the Quori inhabit it. Dal Quori doesn't mean anything as far as Eberron is concerned.

You should keep the name as-is, and I like the illustration.

I have not read Eberron so far, maybe I will when the time comes. :smallsmile:

Its defintely +2 LA
Are there any needed improvement on this creation?

The Tygre
2010-03-26, 12:37 PM
That illustration, my good lads, is by none other then the fantastic Tony DiTerlizzi. (At least I think that's how his name is spelled.) He did his best work back in second edition but mostly does independent stuff now. His art was the heart and soul of Planescape, and many a scaly, creepy, crawly, flipping, flapping, batty, feathery, furry, tentacled, slimy, and even seductive creature owe him a huge favor. That's a were-badger if I'm not mistaken.

Temotei
2010-03-26, 03:37 PM
being medium or small is pretty equal, it's when your tiny or large is it min maxing.

The mechanical benefits (and drawbacks) of being Small versus Medium aren't big. Although, just because something doesn't make much of a difference mechanically doesn't mean it shouldn't be put in place to fit the fluff.

That said, since they're like dwarves in terms of build and size, Medium probably works fine.

Calmar
2010-03-26, 06:50 PM
That illustration, my good lads, is by none other then the fantastic Tony DiTerlizzi. (At least I think that's how his name is spelled.) He did his best work back in second edition but mostly does independent stuff now. His art was the heart and soul of Planescape, and many a scaly, creepy, crawly, flipping, flapping, batty, feathery, furry, tentacled, slimy, and even seductive creature owe him a huge favor. That's a were-badger if I'm not mistaken.

Well said! :)

arguskos
2010-03-26, 07:44 PM
What a canny cutter here, not like these barmy berks! Good job carrying the chant there, Tygre! Truly, you're worm-ridden. :smallamused:

Five rainbows to the cager that tumbles to the chant above.