PDA

View Full Version : Feat stacking

SethFahad
2010-03-26, 05:48 AM
How do multiple feats and/or skill tricks interact concerning durations, escalation, area of effect, and many more?

Is there an official book or FAQ that covers this issue?

Runestar
2010-03-26, 05:56 AM
I am not sure if there is a all-encompassing rule governing this.

Do you have any specific scenarios. Let us see if we can tackle them on a case-by-case basis. :smallsmile:

Lysander
2010-03-26, 05:59 AM
Usually things stack, except bonuses usually don't stack with their own kind of bonus.

SethFahad
2010-03-26, 06:08 AM
ok.

Never outnumbered (10ft area, multiple foes, shaken, duration=1 round)
Imperious Command (cower 1 round, then shaken 1 round)
Intimidating Rage (single foe, 30ft, free action, duration=duration of rage)

I can add more [like Extended Intimidation(Ex), or Dreadful Wrath ], but let us stop here.

I'm more interested in duration and area, as fear effect escalation is pretty clear.

Curmudgeon
2010-03-26, 07:22 AM
Duration and area are never cumulative; instead, they always overlap. So figure each one separately.

Greenish
2010-03-26, 07:39 AM
I'm more interested in duration and area, as fear effect escalation is pretty clear.Your fears have a duration of the longest lasting effect that caused fear.

Curmudgeon
2010-03-26, 07:47 AM
Your fears have a duration of the longest lasting effect that caused fear.
That's a bit too simplistic. Your fears have a duration of the longest lasting effect that caused you fear. An area effect that didn't include you won't affect your duration or fear level. That's why I said you should just figure each separately, iterating over all creatures.

Greenish
2010-03-26, 07:57 AM
That's a bit too simplistic. Your fears have a duration of the longest lasting effect that caused you fear. An area effect that didn't include you won't affect your duration or fear level. That's why I said you should just figure each separately, iterating over all creatures.I meant "your fears" as the fears you've caused, and yes, obviously the enemies that weren't affected aren't affected.

What I tried to say is that if you use an effect that causes Shaken for 1 round on the dirty coward, and then use an effect that causes Frightened for 10 rounds for said dirty coward, he/she/it will be Panicked for the whole 10 rounds. (Not, say, Panicked one round and then Frightened for 9 more.)