PDA

View Full Version : M&M: The Doctor

Sliver
2010-03-26, 06:23 AM
I have seen a few threads pop up here and there, trying to give the Doctor D&D stats, but Mutants and Masterminds seems like such a nice fit..

How would you stat him in M&M?

A few Regeneration ranks for Resurrection with the power feat of Reincarnation is obvious, with adding some Disabled + Regrowth with the fade flaw.

The Time Stop power (ultimate power) seems appropriate, but I recall only once it was used so packing a few flaws of Action (believe it took him some time to get it on..)

2 easy to lose Device, but with what powers? His psypaper is probably an enhanced trait giving him bonus to diplomacy and bluff.. What about the screwdriver?

Good Mental stats and solid physical ones.

What else? :smallbiggrin:

Revlid
2010-03-26, 06:44 AM
Let's see... He's ridiculously intelligent and charismatic, able to speak near-every language in existence even without his TARDIS, tougher than a normal human and able to resist most poisons, able to regenerate bodyparts and grievous wounds, able to Regenerate from death (instant reincarnation), technologically apt to the point of ridiculousness, especially when improvising... Low-level psychic abilities, enhanced perception of time and other dimensions... Sonic screwdriver, psychic paper, bottomless pockets...

One of the more important things, I think, is that he must be able to talk someone into suicide.

Eldan
2010-03-26, 07:05 AM
Let's see...

The Screwdriver, I'd say, gives just ridiculous bonuses to repair, craft, disable and similar mechanical skills. He also has the inventor feat (it was some time since I last played. Was that the one that let you make up gadgets on the spot?)

Apart from that and regeneration (and the Tardis, but that's more a plot device than a bought device), he seems to have spent almost all his points on attributes and skills.

Sliver
2010-03-26, 07:08 AM
Gadgets is the power that lets you produce gadgets on the spot.. Inventing (as in, with the feat) takes a lot of time..

How about luck control? Looks like he has the power to override fiat with hero points! :smallsmile:

Beleriphon
2010-03-28, 06:46 PM
http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?p=633162#p633162

Try that for somebody's version of the stats.

The Big Dice
2010-03-29, 04:18 AM
http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?p=633162#p633162

Try that for somebody's version of the stats.

That's not a bad build for the Doctor. And the best bit is, it doesn't matter which incarnation you choose to use it for, they're all more or less the same guy.

Sliver
2010-03-29, 04:20 AM
Quite nice, but won't the feat reincarnation combined with the flaw of it being uncontrolled make more sense? (well, limited uncontrolled, most stats remain)

Orannis
2010-03-30, 10:25 AM
For a M&M game I went with (someone had to) the Master (we were bad guys). Been a while but I recall that we made the LASER screwdriver an easy to lose device with blast (and such like to cut through steel or whatever, or kill people) Went REALLY tech savey and also went with all the immunities and regens mentioned. One thing I didn't see in your post is he is at least mildly psychic, sometimes more than a little. Also for the Regen I went fo reincarnate so you could redo anything that wasn't working. Psy paper could be mild hypnosis or something, the people always seem to just do whatever for him after he shows it to them. Build a Tardis (teleport only, time loops cause cancer and headaches) and I think you have mostly got it. K-9 maybe? Or a pet Daelek? j/k