PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst!

Grimlock
2010-03-26, 10:19 AM
Okay people, what do you think you are best and worst at!
This is mine;
Best- acting...or making bacon sandwiches.
Worst- Scrabble! In 10 years I have only beaten my wife once at Scrabble, and I have feeling that only happened because she was ill. (What makes this worse is that I teach English and Drama for a living, oh the shame!)

Anuan
2010-03-26, 10:57 AM
Best; Languages, Martial Arts, Being Awesome.
Worst; Maths, Anything related to aforementioned maths. Goddammit I'm bad at maths :smallfrown: Like, embarassingly bad..

Mauve Shirt
2010-03-26, 11:34 AM
Best: Languages, Scrabble, various card games, embroidering, being annoying and unlikeable.
Worst: Science and math, meeting people, being tolerable, being organized.

Rutskarn
2010-03-26, 11:35 AM
Best: Writing thing.

Worst: Mattermatics, bookkeeping.

Yora
2010-03-26, 12:14 PM
Best: Creativity.
Worst: Getting stuff done.

But I have to say I'm still a bit worse when it comes to piloting supersonic fighter jets.

Yes, I'm actually going to get myself checked for ADS next month.

Asta Kask
2010-03-26, 12:17 PM

But I have to say I'm still a bit worse when it comes to piloting supersonic fighter jets.

Yes, I'm actually going to get myself checked for ADS next month.

ADS? What's that?

Anuan
2010-03-26, 12:24 PM
Best: Languages, Scrabble, various card games, embroidering, being awesome and cuddly.
Worst: Science and math, meeting people, being not-awesome, being organized.

Fixed that for ye :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2010-03-26, 12:25 PM

Yup, this or:

Best: Improvise(/) Bull****
Worst: Everything else, except being a lazy procrastinator, I rock at that.:smallfrown:

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-03-26, 01:00 PM
Best
- Writing/twists of prose
- Creativity/design
- Soccer
- Surviving
- Kids and animals. Both instinctively trust and get along with me. I'm an instinctive teacher, guardian and caretaker. Being the eldest of 10 siblings helps.
- Righting wrongs and singing songs

Worst
- Luck. Folks, you have never met someone with my luck. As a kid my Dad said I carried Murphy in my pocket. If it can go bad, it will... but worse. Every silver lining has a storm.
- Names. I cannot remember names for the life of me. After 20 years I might remember you by a smell, a face or a mannerism, but never a name. That's why when y'all change avatars I'm left struggling :smalltongue:

Graymayre
2010-03-26, 01:10 PM
Best: Writing/language

Worst: speech

It's such an annoying situation. :smallannoyed:

Thajocoth
2010-03-26, 01:18 PM
Best
- Physical senses (All 9)
- C++
- Luck
- Diplomacy (Not purposefully... Like, people and cats are friendlier to me on average than to other people, but I don't really do anything I'm aware of to cause this.)
- Fast Learner
- Health despite diet
- Give too many details (I never know which details are important, so I just spew them all off.)

Worst
- No culinary tolerance
- Thinking too much
- Can't sticking to a regular schedule (like a regular sleep schedule or sticking to doing something regularly for health reasons)
- Bluff (I've got, like, a -50 penalty here. So many tells when I try to lie...)
- Straight-up memorization
- Anything too complicated, like knowing anything about dealing with my taxes. It's too much to try to keep in my head at once.

SDF
2010-03-26, 01:58 PM
BEST: Cats, Girls, and Spaceships

WORST: Energy efficient lightbulbs

albis
2010-03-26, 02:08 PM
Best: drawing (somewhat), cosplay-making, graphic work in general (photoshop, illustrator and such) and dancing... oh, and I also always keep promises!

Worst: ice-skating, css, keeping my room tidy, staying calm, relating with people I don't know well.

chiasaur11
2010-03-26, 02:29 PM
Best: What I do.

Worst: Making it pretty.

arguskos
2010-03-26, 02:40 PM
Best: Existing.
Worst: Everything not listed above.

I am a grim person.

Asta Kask
2010-03-26, 02:41 PM
Best: What I do.

Worst: Making it pretty.

You're Wolverine?

Elder Tsofu
2010-03-26, 02:54 PM
Best: Arrogance.
Worst: Names.

tcrudisi
2010-03-26, 03:06 PM
Best: Air hockey, tap dancing (used to be the 3rd best amateur tap dancer in N. America), spades (card game), good luck

Worst: losing weight, getting things done ahead of schedule (I get them done at the exact moment they are due... blah), remembering names

Elm11
2010-03-26, 04:25 PM
Best: Looking after small children, History, Video Games, Making moral decision and doing what i really think is right.

Worst: Not accepting consequences of my actions when things go badly wrong, Any sport, getting fit, keeping promises to get fit, making promises to get fit, not being fat, Maths, Temper, tact, timing and Luck.

Egiam
2010-03-26, 05:51 PM
Best: Negotiating, bluffing, being nice and gentle, aerobic activity, creativity, writing stuff, and performing.
Worst: Math, brute strength activities.

V for Victory
2010-03-26, 06:36 PM
Best: Reading People
Worst: Trusting People

Concrete
2010-03-26, 06:48 PM
Best: Procrastination
Worst: Things I could do later.

MethosH
2010-03-26, 08:51 PM
Best: Paradox and deadlocks.
Worst: Paradox and deadlocks.

Dancing_Zephyr
2010-03-28, 01:12 AM
Best: Being stubborn
Worst: People

Serpentine
2010-03-28, 01:23 AM
Worst
- Luck. Folks, you have never met someone with my luck. As a kid my Dad said I carried Murphy in my pocket. If it can go bad, it will... but worse. Every silver lining has a storm. Bor. The Barbarian. Monk.
:tongue:

Me, Best: Nothing v.v I'm adequate, even good, at most things, if I try hard enough, but I'm the best at nothing. There are a few things I'm particularly good at, though:
Magic Eyes. If I recall correctly, the Magic Eye in Mall Rats is not a boat. Can't remember what it was, though. Also, anyone ever used one of those things, where there's two photos of a piece of land from above side-by-side, and you look through a special viewer and they look 3D? I can do that without the special viewer.
Empathy. I think I'm pretty good at putting myself in other people's shoes.
Something not forum appropriate.
Something I can't remember.
Something else I can't remember.
Getting my baby nephew to sleep, apparently. My sister kicked up a pretty big fuss when she came home to find him asleep, and in his cot.

Bad:
As above, getting things done.
Memory.
Letting things go.
Resisting kitty and doggy bellies.

RebelRogue
2010-03-28, 01:40 AM
Best: Science, Music.
Worst: Getting stuff done, sports.

albis
2010-03-28, 04:33 AM
Bad:
As above, getting things done.
Memory.
Letting things go.
Resisting kitty and doggy bellies.

Kitty and doggy bellies are irresistible, so don't feel bad for that XD

Lioness
2010-03-28, 05:57 AM
Best: English, dancing (ballroom ftw), cuddles, carrying dice everywhere (I keep them in my handbag)

Worst: Maths, Physics.

Boo
2010-03-28, 06:23 AM
Best: Photography
Worst: Photography terminology

I can get you some nice shots with the proper equipment (that I am lacking), but I just can't tell you what all that equipment is called (save for some lenses and a tripod).

Other things I suck at include:

Playing musical instruments
Shading (art)
remembering equations
cleaning the house
Performing heart surgery (but you already knew that)

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-28, 07:34 AM
Best: Procrastinating. Seriously, I could be in the Olympics if it was an event.
Memorising useless/highly situational trivia.
Throwing playing cards with accuracy.

Worst: Human contact, I have the social skills of a brain damaged lemming that was already a bit awkward to begin with.

Also maths, suck at it.

Serpentine
2010-03-28, 07:42 AM
Best: Procrastinating. Seriously, I could be in the Olympics if it was an event.If you turn up, you lose.

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-28, 07:49 AM
If you turn up, you lose.

No, if you turn up on time you lose. If I spend the day alphabetising my DVDs and then go tomorrow instead then it's all good :smalltongue:

drakir_nosslin
2010-03-28, 08:59 AM
...Worst
- Names. I cannot remember names for the life of me. After 20 years I might remember you by a smell, a face or a mannerism, but never a name. That's why when y'all change avatars I'm left struggling :smalltongue:

Yea, I'm pretty much like that myself, I'm still struggling with the names of the people in my class, despite meeting them more or less 7 days a week for the last 8 months. Gah!

Best: Irony (dangerous to use on the internet, sadly).

EDIT: Btw, Tribble, I noticed that your avatar is upside down, nice touch!

waterpenguin43
2010-03-28, 09:07 AM
Best: -Penguin Knowledge -Being accepted -Being odd -Acting -Cretivity -Intuition -Commanding troops (In gaming, of course.) -Playing with canines
Worst: -Anything that could be described as "hands-on" -Shutting Up -Memory -Controlling my moodswings -All sports requiring Strength

Serpentine
2010-03-28, 10:56 AM
EDIT: Btw, Tribble, I noticed that your avatar is upside down, nice touch!He did that bit. I like that, too.

drakir_nosslin
2010-03-28, 04:00 PM
He did that bit. I like that, too.

Ah, I missed that you're the avatarist, nicely done!

Serpentine
2010-03-28, 08:07 PM
Well, I only put a spacesuit and background on his usual avatar... But thanks anyway :smallbiggrin:

Remmirath
2010-03-28, 08:27 PM
Best: Drawing, acting, computer games, reading at least twice as fast as most people do, getting computers to work, various artistic or technical things.
Worst: Talking to people, not being blinded by bright lights, making myself heard if I'm not on stage, being at all patient, having any rythm at all and thus playing music.

Raiki
2010-03-28, 08:32 PM
Best:
-B/Sing complete strangers (YOU try working hospitality without it).
-Being a generally congenial person
-Writing godawful haiku.
-knowing when to actually us a ;
-I actually blow a pretty mean Sax

Worst:
-Any maths beyond addition, subtraction and multiplication (but that seems awfully popular in here)
-not sticking my foot in my mouth on a daily basis
-writing any poetry that doesn't make the listener's ears bleed
-being at all noteworthy :smallfrown:

~R~

Serpentine
2010-03-28, 09:00 PM
Oh yeah! I'm good at touch typing. I'm typing this while I talk to my hboyfriend about shopping and lunch, looking over my shoulder.

Partof1
2010-03-28, 10:10 PM
Best:
-Potentially anything I try.
-getting good at things quickly
-finishing things quickly under pressure

Worst:
-following through on what isn't absolutely necessary
-names
-getting done ahead of time.

Grimlock
2010-03-29, 01:45 AM
I'm impressed at the number of amazing procrastinators!
Maybe we could get some kind of Championship going!

I'll begin organising that tomorrow!

Agamid
2010-03-29, 03:19 AM
Best:
Drawing and Writing (helps that i love them)
Cooking
Doing nothing for extended periods of time
Remembering random facts that will never be useful
Shopping for second-hand clothes and shoes (am the envy of all my friends - helps when you are small and can fit into all the vintage stuff)
English-language studies

Worst:
Study, and anything to so with uni work actually (evident by my being on here the night before an exam and this close to an assignment being due)
Relationships
Running (i tend to hurt myself rather badly if i try)
Anything to do with numbers, especially remembering them
Expressing myself in a non-visual way

Rongoo
2010-03-31, 02:25 AM

Or you know... eventually. :P

absolmorph
2010-03-31, 02:47 AM

We shall unite tomorrow!

Best:
Luck. I'm really lucky. I think I might have stolen Tribble's luck. I'd return it, if I knew how.
Being really, really... strange. I can't think of a better way to describe how I combine various traits.

Worst:
Not being creepy. One of my friends will always think I look creepy. They won't be creeped out, because I always look creepy, but I always look creepy. And my grins are apparently disturbing to some people. Also, I lurk in photos.
Resisting the temptation of Mountain Dew. Seriously. It's not even 2 bucks for a two liter bottle. And it's absolutely delicious! How can I resist that?!

Grimlock
2010-03-31, 04:05 AM
We shall unite tomorrow!

Hmmm, I can't do tomorrow, how about next week?

Kaiser Omnik
2010-04-04, 06:19 PM
Best at...
- Logic
- Creativity
- Irony
- Memory (remembering facts and events)
- Writing
- Honesty
- Being a good listener
- Analyzing politics
- Roleplaying

Worst at...
- Not procrastinating
- Lying
- Not engaging in heated arguments
- Knowing what I really want
- Choosing between too many options (not so for moral choices, though)
- Memory (mostly names)
- Dancing
- Strength-related activities
- Any type of craft requiring wood or metal
- Conquering the world (for now anyway)