PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] extra hands?

Whyte_Widow
2010-03-26, 02:21 PM
more hands for multiple touch attacks in a round. is there wizard spells or alternative methods for reaching this? obviously i cant cast polymorphed. (GM specified that Natural Spell doesnt effect polymorph)

senrath
2010-03-26, 02:25 PM
You can cast polymorphed, provided the form you've taken can speak as well as do the proper gestures. At least, I'm pretty sure you can.

Anyway, take the form of a Thri-Kreen somehow. They have four arms.

Starbuck_II
2010-03-26, 02:27 PM
more hands for multiple touch attacks in a round. is there wizard spells or alternative methods for reaching this? obviously i cant cast polymorphed. (GM specified that Natural Spell doesnt effect polymorph)

You can get an incorporeal arm graft. It comes with a hand that allows incoorporeal touches as a secondary natural attack (meaning can be conbined with other attacks at -5 penalty to hit).

There is a Girallon's Blessing spell: gives subject additional pair of arms.

Spell Flower: lets you have multiple touch spells active at same time (normally you can't).

Whyte_Widow
2010-03-26, 03:04 PM
You can get an incorporeal arm graft. It comes with a hand that allows incoorporeal touches as a secondary natural attack (meaning can be conbined with other attacks at -5 penalty to hit).

There is a Girallon's Blessing spell: gives subject additional pair of arms.

Spell Flower: lets you have multiple touch spells active at same time (normally you can't).

yeah thats the idea. my wiz has the spell flower spell. and i was building the wizard as a buffer/caster killer.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-03-26, 03:16 PM
grafts and girallon blessing are the only way I know... maybe if you take shape sould meld girallon arms and open chakra feats (hands or arms I don't remember) you get another set of arms

Optimystik
2010-03-26, 03:25 PM
Don't Spellweavers (MM2) have 6 hands, and can cast with each one?

Tahoo
2010-03-26, 03:26 PM
Magic of Eberron page 110. The Spare Hand!

Whyte_Widow
2010-03-26, 03:34 PM
Girallon's Blessing could be interesting in a melee group (such as us.) tacked on with war weaver tapestry. 0_o *grabs pencil*

BenTheJester
2010-03-26, 03:36 PM
Don't Spellweavers (MM2) have 6 hands, and can cast with each one?

Yes but they must use 1 arm per spell level, so you can only cast 1 level 6 spell, one level 5 and one level 1, three level 2, etc.

mr.fizzypop
2010-03-26, 07:27 PM
An old DM of mine once homebrewed a ring that had you grow a third arm out of your back. It allowed you to be immune to flanking but you couldn't wear armor.

KillianHawkeye
2010-03-26, 07:52 PM
An old DM of mine once homebrewed a ring that had you grow a third arm out of your back. It allowed you to be immune to flanking but you couldn't wear armor.

How does an extra arm help you avoid being flanked? An eye in the back of your head, maybe, but an extra arm? :smallconfused:

Critical
2010-03-26, 07:57 PM
How does an extra arm help you avoid being flanked? An eye in the back of your head, maybe, but an extra arm? :smallconfused:
It scares the hell out of those cowardly rogues.

jguy
2010-03-26, 08:10 PM
The hand is Migi! Bonus points to who gets the reference

Lycanthromancer
2010-03-26, 08:13 PM
It scares the hell out of those cowardly rogues.Rogue: *sneak sneak sneak*

Fighter: "..."

Rogue: *sneak sneak sneak*

Fighter: "..."

Rogue: "Aha! I've caught you unarmed! SNEAK ATTACK!"

Fighter: *Extra arm smacks the rogue.* "I'm never unarmed!"

Rogue: "Oh shi-!" *SMACK!*

Whyte_Widow
2010-03-26, 11:00 PM
maybe because his back arm threatens the rogue? rofl. still sounds funny.