PDA

View Full Version : The right four words (no, the other ones)

Ancalagon
2010-03-26, 04:43 PM
I have not seen this before but it might be it also has been discussed to death and back:

Vaarsuvius said the "right four words" to get the soulsplice, now we see basically the same words as "last words" before the splice ended.

The first four words were very symbolic and describe Vaarsuvius' character, I guess this is also true for second four words (especially the changed word shows something quite new)...

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0653.html

That said, I think such an obvious observation cannot be new (in general)... I am just a bit confused I did not stumble about it before (or maybe I did not just forgot about it again). ;)

Harr
2010-03-26, 04:46 PM
Heh, I'd actually not noticed that. Pretty cool :smallsmile:

Thomar_of_Uointer
2010-03-26, 05:25 PM
Interesting. It definitely shows some character development for V. I can't wait for Durkon to come home so we can get more out of him.

ThePhantasm
2010-03-27, 02:12 PM
Never noticed that. Nice catch.

Kaytara
2010-03-27, 02:22 PM
Nice catch, but not quite, I think.

"I... I must succeed" has two separate repetitions of "I" to emphasise V's hesitation.

"I-I must retreat" has one unsteady instance of I, sort of broken and stuttery, to emphasise how physically and psychologically wrecked he is at that point. It's not really four words. XD

NerfTW
2010-03-27, 03:22 PM
That is really interesting. I completely missed that.

It does really foreshadow V's imminent realization that power doesn't solve everything.

Ancalagon
2010-03-27, 04:07 PM
"I-I must retreat" has one unsteady instance of I, sort of broken and stuttery, to emphasise how physically and psychologically wrecked he is at that point.

With this author? Sorry, what are the chances Rich writes something like that just by chance? At that place in the story? I find that not impossible but surely highly unlikely.

It's not really four words. XD

Nice try. ;)