PDA

View Full Version : One shot cross dimention eberron campaign thing

Traveler
2010-03-26, 08:18 PM
One of my players has a paladin that he is psudo retiring. Waiting in the wings is his brand new character.
Anyway, the way the campaign is going it is really awkward to place the new character in. So I offered to make a one shot solo thing for his character so he can play the character in the mean time.
The character is a NG 2nd level Fighter/5th level Rogue/1st level Vigilante.

Basically what I was thinking for the early part of the campaign his vigilante is tracking a wizard in sharn that has been doing experiments and causing some damage to the city as a result. When the vigilante catches up to the wizard, the wizard pulls out his experiment (magic rod or something) and it rips open a whole in the fabric of reality. The wizard and vigilante are both pulled through.
Here is the part I could use the suggestions (though suggestions to the part before this is encouraged).
The place the vigilante is sent is still eberron, but without any magic. So no undead, wizards, dragonmarked, demons, and so on and so forth. General history is still the same, just without the magic (cannith didn't make warforged but instead trained elite soilders or something) All of his magic items still work, along with and abilities he has, but then so does the wizard.
Any thoughts from here?

AslanCross
2010-03-26, 08:25 PM
How'd the dragonmarked houses get to be the powers that they are in the original Eberron if they didn't have dragonmarks? A lot of the world owes the way it is to magic. How did the Last War end? How did the Dhakaani empire end? Xen'Drik wouldn't be around since the giants did get their ability to become a world power from the dragons.

No magic, no demons, no age of demons. No age of demons, no draconic involvement. No magic, no Xen'drik, no Quori invasion. No Daelkyr, no Gatekeepers. Without the Daelkyr, the Dhakaani empire would still be covering most of Khorvaire, and humans will be an oppressed minority. There wouldn't have been an opportunity for the founding of the Galifar Republic or the Five Nations.

Without the Five Nations, there wouldn't have been a Last War. There wouldn't have been a Cyre to turn into the Mournland.

Geiger Counter
2010-03-26, 09:33 PM
Eberron is magic, without the three primordial dragons the planet itself would not exist.