PDA

View Full Version : Arcane in a Divine class?

The Pressman
2010-03-26, 11:38 PM
Forgive me if I'm being ignorant; I'm somewhat new to the game as a whole.

Is there a way to cast an arcane spell as, say, an archivist or a cleric?:smallconfused:

Dusk Eclipse
2010-03-26, 11:40 PM
Both archivist and clerics get access to the spells anyspell and greater anyspell (the latter through the spell domain) but AFAIK they are still considered divine. the only way I know it alternative spell source and southern magician but IIRC they are for converting arcane spells to divine and I am not sure if it works in reverse

AslanCross
2010-03-27, 01:36 AM
Take the Magic domain. You can use arcane scrolls and wands as a wizard of half your level.

The Pressman
2010-03-27, 02:06 AM
I'm an archivist, so no domains.

gorfnab
2010-03-27, 02:13 AM
Prestige classes can fix that. Contemplative from Complete Divine, which could get you the Magic Domain, is very easy for an Archivist to get into. Otherwise Anyspell/Greater is really nice for Archivists. Unless, what is the reason you need to cast an arcane spell instead of divine or is there a specific arcane spell that you need?

The Pressman
2010-03-27, 02:16 AM
I was just wondering and planning for a campaign I'm currently in. Archivists , however, don't need domains because they can only learn spells by scribing scrolls. I suppose that getting a domain might let you access them easier, but idk.

AslanCross
2010-03-27, 04:08 AM

Well, you did say "Or cleric."

The Pressman
2010-03-27, 04:14 AM
Well, you did say "Or cleric."

Sorry, just wanted to keep my options open. In my case, more advice is better than less.

magic9mushroom
2010-03-27, 04:29 AM
Depends on whether you need "casts arcane spells" or "casts arcane spells".

Magical Training is the general catchall for the former, though there are a few others.

For the latter, an archivist has it easy due to all those weird classes that get normally-arcane spells as divine. Clerics have their domains, and, as said, there are Anyspell and Greater Anyspell.

The Pressman
2010-03-27, 04:42 AM
Depends on whether you need "casts arcane spells" or "casts arcane spells".

Magical Training is the general catchall for the former, though there are a few others.

For the latter, an archivist has it easy due to all those weird classes that get normally-arcane spells as divine. Clerics have their domains, and, as said, there are Anyspell and Greater Anyspell.

What's an example of a class like that? ( sorry, new to the game)

magic9mushroom
2010-03-27, 04:53 AM
What's an example of a class like that? ( sorry, new to the game)

Class like what? "Requires arcane spells"? Dweomerkeeper is the biggie.

2xMachina
2010-03-27, 05:35 AM
Geomancer?

Your spells are either arcane or divine, your choice.