PDA

View Full Version : Improving the Psiforged Body feat

Trekkin
2010-03-27, 12:09 AM
I'm looking at playing a shaper in an upcoming campaign, and for flavor reasons I want to go Psiforged, but... the feat is kind of underwhelming. Obviously I can just describe the character as being made partially of crystal, not take the feat, and not gain the bonuses of a cog crystal body, but it got me thinking: what sorts of bonuses could being psiforged imply?

The distilled version of this is, in effect, are there any houserules out there that allow variant psiforged that get more out of this feat than a cheap cognizance crystal?

Edited for grammar.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-03-27, 12:11 AM
Maybe give bonus PP? I don't know how about 1 PP/ 2 character levels?

AslanCross
2010-03-27, 01:27 AM
Yeah, you could give PP growth similar to the Kalashtar's. Alternatively you could have the slam count as a Deep Crystal weapon.

Optimystik
2010-03-27, 09:23 AM
I would probably swap out the Con bonus for an Int bonus. Being made of crystal should make you less sturdy than a traditional Warforged.

Also, unlike regular cognizance crystals, your close attunement with your own body should allow you to count the PP stored within your gems and your personal reserve as one source for the purposes of manifesting/augmenting powers. (Regular cognizance crystals can only be used in place of your natural reserve.)

Tinydwarfman
2010-03-27, 09:40 AM
I second deep crystal slam + bonus pp. Also, bonii is not a word.

AslanCross
2010-03-27, 05:05 PM
Also, bonii is not a word.

I forgot to mention that. Indeed it is not.

Trekkin
2010-03-27, 11:49 PM
My apologies on the grammatical error. I will change it immediately.