PDA

View Full Version : Psiforged as a race, rather than a feat

Trekkin
2010-03-27, 05:34 AM
In several references to Psiforged (including the charts in MoE) one finds evidence that they were intended to be a race, rather than a warforged feat. Purely out of curiosity, are there any data on what that race's other features were to be, or a way of reverse-engineering those stat blocks into stats for a player character psiforged?

Traveler
2010-03-27, 08:10 AM
Looked through a few books and articles, didn't find anything for psiforged being a race without the feat. I personaly don't see an issue with just making it a race on it's own, maybe switch con +2 for int +2 and keep the cha -2. The only thing is that I think they made it a feat instead so there wouldn't be a psion walking around at first level with +8 adamantine armor. I also think that it is more of a fluff thing more then anything. I love how they discribed the psiforged differently then standard warforged, don't get me wrong. Fluff is good.
As for other features it might have once had prior to being knocked down a peg, not a clue. Hope this helped a little.

Optimystik
2010-03-27, 08:59 AM
Psiforged are really not much better at psionics than Warforged, they just get a free cognizance crystal at level 1 that they can carry around with them, and that scales with their level. And a bonus PP.

I think 4e is going to separate them, with Shardminds being the 4e equivalent of Psiforged.

An unorthodox but handy use for psiforged is actually not taking a psionic class. That way, you can be a member of a different class and still qualify for psionic feats. Say, a Psiforged Scout Scout with Psionic Shot :smalltongue:

AslanCross
2010-03-27, 05:16 PM
Looked through a few books and articles, didn't find anything for psiforged being a race without the feat. I personaly don't see an issue with just making it a race on it's own, maybe switch con +2 for int +2 and keep the cha -2. The only thing is that I think they made it a feat instead so there wouldn't be a psion walking around at first level with +8 adamantine armor. I also think that it is more of a fluff thing more then anything. I love how they discribed the psiforged differently then standard warforged, don't get me wrong. Fluff is good.
As for other features it might have once had prior to being knocked down a peg, not a clue. Hope this helped a little.

Actually, this looks like what they wanted to do originally. The statblocks in Magic of Eberron show Psiforged without the feat, and they don't seem to have the same penalties that the Warforged have. They also seem to be naturally psionic.

Matamane
2010-05-04, 06:34 PM
What would the racial traits be for a psiforged. Effectively as it was intended to be.

Draxar
2010-05-04, 08:37 PM
What would the racial traits be for a psiforged. Effectively as it was intended to be.

Losing the penalty to one/both of the stats they get a penalty to. Not getting bonus constitution. Getting the extra power points. That's about it.