PDA

View Full Version : Good job, Rich!

waterpenguin43
2010-03-27, 12:55 PM
I'm glad to see you're publishing with 50% recycled paper.
I support undead trees too. :smallamused:

Starscream
2010-03-27, 01:51 PM

I think you just discovered Durkon's worst nightmare.

Beowulf DW
2010-03-27, 02:05 PM
I'm glad to see you're publishing with 50% recycled paper.

0_0

Mr. Burlew is a Botanist Necromancer! Run!

Kish
2010-03-27, 02:14 PM
I think Durkon's more scared of trees that don't collapse when he waves his holy symbol at them.

Starscream
2010-03-27, 02:22 PM
I think Durkon's more scared of trees that don't collapse when he waves his holy symbol at them.

Yeah, but trees can't run away in fear because they don't move. And he says himself that they have a ton of HD, so his odds of rolling high enough to destroy them are slim. Even if he could, a forest has hundreds of them.

Now add in the fact that now every wooden object is at risk of suddenly coming to life and attacking.

Kaytara
2010-03-27, 02:23 PM

Aye. 'Tis the wrongness of trees being so obviously unholy and yet not responding to his holy powers that terrifies him so.

shadowkiller
2010-03-27, 04:18 PM
Watch out, because when you start undeadifing trees both druids and paladins start showing up to stop you.

waterpenguin43
2010-03-27, 04:43 PM
Watch out, because when you start undeadifing trees both druids and paladins start showing up to stop you.

The druids would have done so anyway, and as it's to recycle products humans would have left to rot, I'm sure the druids would be more pleased than with most undead.

Surprise!
2010-03-28, 11:42 AM
Dwarven tree fear; my least favorite running gag :smallsigh:

Magnor Criol
2010-03-28, 11:45 AM

To be fair, I don't think it's dwarven tree-fear, just Durkon tree-fear.

Kish
2010-03-28, 11:51 AM
To be fair, I don't think it's dwarven tree-fear, just Durkon tree-fear.
No. See OtOoPCs. :smalltongue:

Also, the cleric of Loki specifically rejected "he hates trees" as anything that would distinguish Durkon from every other dwarf, remember?

Nimrod's Son
2010-03-28, 12:11 PM
No. See OtOoPCs. :smalltongue:

Also, the cleric of Loki specifically rejected "he hates trees" as anything that would distinguish Durkon from every other dwarf, remember?
There's this strip, too... (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0150.html)

Hurkyl
2010-03-28, 12:20 PM
Aw c'mon, it's been the source of some of the most terrible puns in the strip! :smallbiggrin:

OmegaDonut
2010-03-28, 12:35 PM
The druids would have done so anyway, and as it's to recycle products humans would have left to rot, I'm sure the druids would be more pleased than with most undead.

SOD spoilers

Xykon thought so too. But Lirian wasn't too happy with him recycling reanimated human corpses for his army, and not just because he was attacking her. "Even a dead body is part of the cycle of life. It fertilizes soil, feeds scavengers..."

denthor
2010-03-28, 01:24 PM

Plus 1 rep for you starscream I am still laughing out loud at this.

That is just funny

Just how do you tell the difference between undead trees and normal trees?

Are they former trents that become shambling mounds?

waterpenguin43
2010-03-28, 01:33 PM
Just how do you tell the difference between undead trees and normal trees?

They are made from paper.