PDA

View Full Version : Call of Cthulhu monster help

Rowan Intheback
2010-03-27, 10:59 PM
Hey I'm running a Call of Cthulhu game for my friends and they all requested an Egyptian theme. So I wanted to use the race of jackal-headed Anubis monsters from "Imprisoned With the Pharaohs" but they don't appear in the COC source book. Does anyone know where to find them? Or how I could approximate their stats?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Warpwolf16
2010-03-28, 12:38 AM
Hey I'm running a Call of Cthulhu game for my friends and they all requested an Egyptian theme. So I wanted to use the race of jackal-headed Anubis monsters from "Imprisoned With the Pharaohs" but they don't appear in the COC source book. Does anyone know where to find them? Or how I could approximate their stats?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

what edition are we speaking? CoC by Chaosium or the d20 version?

Rowan Intheback
2010-03-28, 01:33 AM
what edition are we speaking? CoC by Chaosium or the d20 version?

Chaosium 6th so I guess 5-th really.

Lycan 01
2010-03-28, 02:30 AM
Will "The Children of the Sphinx" suit your fancy? I've flipped through the Malleus Monstrorum for about 10 minutes, and I finally found the closest thing to Anubite warriors. Specifically, the stats provided are suggested for the use of any animal/human hybrid related to Egyptian mythology, such as crocodile-headed or jackal-headed servants of the gods.

Or is there something more specific you wanted? :smallconfused:

WalkingTarget
2010-03-28, 07:17 PM
Will "The Children of the Sphinx" suit your fancy? I've flipped through the Malleus Monstrorum for about 10 minutes, and I finally found the closest thing to Anubite warriors. Specifically, the stats provided are suggested for the use of any animal/human hybrid related to Egyptian mythology, such as crocodile-headed or jackal-headed servants of the gods.

Or is there something more specific you wanted? :smallconfused:

Agreed. The Children are probably the thing you're looking for and are also included on pages 99-100 of my copy of The Complete Masks of Nyarlathotep. Jackal-headed isn't one of the examples, but the differences between the different varieties are just different bite attacks or whatever.