PDA

View Full Version : Eberron Books

Geiger Counter
2010-03-27, 11:23 PM
I have three
ECS- Love it if only for the tons of ideas it provides.
Races of Eberron- mostly meh, There was not much in the fluff the ECS already implied. Most of the feats PrCs are illconcieved and unoriginal. I do like a lot of the stuff on changelings though. I wish I didn't buy this book.
Magic of Eberron- I'd say it's just not worth buying.

What other books in the line would you say are worth buying?

AslanCross
2010-03-27, 11:55 PM
I actually liked Races and Magic. Oh well.

Explorer's Handbook has a lot of info on travel and how it works in Eberron, as well as providing examples of adventure points of origin, midpoints, and destinations.
It's got a lot of info on unique modes of travel as well.

Five Nations has a lot of fluff on the central nations of Khorvaire. I also like the PrCs in it.

arguskos
2010-03-28, 12:05 AM
Races of Eberron: I actually like this, thanks to the presence of a single thing: Atavist, the prestige class that taught me how to love Soulknife/Monks.

Magic of Eberron: ...BWAH?! You didn't like it?! It's awesome! It's the only Eberron book I hands-down loved.

Five Nations was a good one. The PrCs are all well conceived and interesting, and the fluff is decently written.

I liked Secrets of Xen'drik as well, for giving the continent a decent look. It also introduced artifact spells and Ingots Arcanum, both of which I really liked.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-03-28, 12:07 AM
Dragonmarked: awesome fluff, good prestige classes (Blade of Orien) etc
Secret's of Xendrik's again I love it.

Plus the Artwork for any Eberron book is simply outstanding (the first pages of dragon marked are one of my favorite RPG artwork ever, also the pic for the Revenant Blade is awesome)

AslanCross
2010-03-28, 12:13 AM
Plus the Artwork for any Eberron book is simply outstanding (the first pages of dragon marked are one of my favorite RPG artwork ever, also the pic for the Revenant Blade is awesome)

Amen. I've always liked Wayne Reynolds's splash spreads in the Eberron books. It's too bad I couldn't find an image of the Dragonmarked spread online.

Haberdashery
2010-03-28, 12:44 AM
I actually really liked Sharn: City of Towers. It's very specific in what it covers, but it really outlines Sharn very well and makes it seem much more interesting than the casual references it gets in the campaign setting.

Tinydwarfman
2010-03-28, 10:10 AM
Secrets of Sarlona if only for Tashalatora. So much win in one feat.