PDA

View Full Version : Huginormagantuan Maneater

Geiger Counter
2010-03-28, 12:32 AM
Personally I don't think there is too much to fear from colossal creatures, unless it has a wide range energy attack it's essentially just a walking earthquake, just causing buildings to fall down, and even then such activity would be a wast of energy. That is until I thought up this.
http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af289/abraxas1234/anteater.jpg
It would be great if someone could stat this for me. It is actually one size category larger than colossal. It's tongue simply kills people on mass if they fail a reflex check. However I want a level of survivability even for level 1 character, Like a 10% survival rate. It's claws smash buildings and might even be able to dig up underground shelters. Int of 1 but immune to energy drain and ability damage. Really high spell resistance and Epic DR. Unlike the tarrasque this thing is killable, but is a more reasonable threat IMO. Resonable by giant anteater standards of corse :smalltongue:

gooddragon1
2010-03-29, 01:47 AM
If I weren't going to sleep right now I'd give it a shot. Perhaps tomorrow.

and now...

Huginormagantuan Maneater

Size/Type: Colossal+ Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 40d10+800 (1020 hp)
Initiative: +9
Speed: 50 ft. (10 squares), burrow 40 ft.
Armor Class: 39 (-16 size, +5 Dex, +45 natural), touch -1, flat-footed 39
Base Attack/Grapple: +40/+100
Attack: Claw +44 melee (6d8+20)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +44 melee (6d8+20)
Space/Reach: 40 ft./40 ft.
Special Attacks: Adhesive tongue, quadruple damage against objects, rend, swallow whole
Special Qualities: Blindsense, damage reduction 20/epic, fast healing 3 (from feat), immunity to ability damage and energy drain, picky eater, scent 120 ft., spell resistance 40
Saves: Fort +42, Ref +27, Will +24
Abilities: Str 50, Dex 20, Con 50, Int 1, Wis 20, Cha 20
Skills: Listen +33, Search +13, Spot +8, Survival +15 (+27 when following tracks with scent)
Feats: Ability Focus (Adhesive Tongue), Improved Initiative, Improved Natural Attack (Claw), Iron Will, Power Attack, Run, Track
Epic Feats: Armor Skin (5), Epic Will, Fast Healing
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 20
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 41+ HD (Colossal+)
Level Adjustment: -

Possibly some experiment by a wizard gone awry, this beast is truly incredible in size. A huginormagantuan maneater is 100 feet long and 70 feet tall, and it weighs about 300 tons.

Combat

A huginormagantuan maneater attacks mainly with it's adhesive tongue to snare food but can also attack with its claws to reach hiding meals.

A huginormagantuan maneater's natural weapons are treated as epic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Adhesive Tongue (Ex)

A huginormagantuan maneater has a very long tongue that is coated with an incredibly potent adhesive. As a standard action, the huginormagantuan maneater may rapidly lash out with it's tongue and possibly snare prey within a 50 foot cone. All creatures and objects within the cone smaller than huge and weighing less than 30 tons must make a DC 52 Reflex save or immediately be swallowed whole (see picky eater). The save DC is Strength-based and includes a +2 bonus from the ability focus feat.

Picky Eater (Ex)

For whatever reason, huginormagantuan maneater's are occasionally picky about what they eat. Each creature that fails it's Reflex save against a huginormagantuan maneater's adhesive tongue has a 10% chance of having a distasteful flavor to that particular huginormagantuan maneater and being released from the tongue instead of being swallowed whole. If the huginormagantuan maneater will tend to release the subject from any future ensnaring by it's tongue and tend to avoid it (though engaging it in combat may cause the huginormagantuan maneater to retaliate). This roll may only ever be made once for a particular huginormagantuan maneater.

Quadruple Damage against Objects (Ex)

A huginormagantuan maneater that makes a full attack against an object or structure deals quadruple damage.

Rend (Ex)

If a huginormaganantuan hits with both claw attacks, it latches onto the opponent’s body and tears the flesh. This attack automatically deals an additional 12d8+30 points of damage.

Swallow Whole (Ex)

A huginormagantuan maneater can try to swallow a grabbed opponent of Huge or smaller size by making a successful grapple check or by using it's adhesive tongue. Once inside, the opponent takes 4d8+10 points of crushing damage plus 4d8+10 points of acid damage per round from the huginormagantuan maneater’s digestive juices. A swallowed creature can cut its way out by dealing 75 points of damage to the huginormagantuan maneater’s digestive tract (AC 35). Once the creature exits, muscular action closes the hole; another swallowed opponent must cut its own way out. A huginormagantuan maneater’s gullet can hold 3 Huge, 12 Large, 48 Medium, 192 Small, or 768 Tiny or smaller creatures.

Skills

A huginormagantuan maneater has a +8 racial bonus on Listen and Search checks and a +12 racial bonus on Survival checks when following tracks using scent. A huginormagantuan maneater gets a +8 racial bonus on grapple checks.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

<Insert Lore Here>

<Insert Plot Hook/Story if any Here>

=====

Prerequisites Post...

It is actually one size category larger than colossal.

Although there is no size category larger than Colossal, the oldest epic dragons deal more damage with their attacks than other Colossal dragons

Colossal+

It's tongue simply kills people on mass if they fail a reflex check.

Well it's stomach will...

However I want a level of survivability even for level 1 character, Like a 10% survival rate.

Picky eater.

It's claws smash buildings and might even be able to dig up underground shelters.

Power attack, rend, quadruple damage to structures... oh yeah. It can also burrow.

Int of 1 but immune to energy drain and ability damage.

Check, check, and check.

Really high spell resistance and Epic DR.

CR+20 and check.

Unlike the tarrasque this thing is killable, but is a more reasonable threat IMO. Resonable by giant anteater standards of corse

No regeneration so yes, but if you get into melee with it...