PDA

View Full Version : Weird, WEIRD dreams

waterpenguin43
2010-03-28, 10:19 AM
Post any weird dreams you had here. Recently I had one that went like this:
A bunch of people I knew were zombies, and we were at a pool. They went blue and stuff, but they didn't really do anything to try and eat my brain. They just said they would. I had a backpack full of gobstoppers, and if I threw a yellow one at them, they were burned and started screaming. If I threw a green one, they would go mad to try and eat it. Suddenly I had a vision of a trap door dropping into a pool, and a doll pressed a button that made a girl on it plunge into the pool. I threw a green gobstopper on to the trapdoor and all the zombies went after it. I pressed the button and they plunged into the water and dissolved. The others still went after the gobstopper and dissolved too. Eventually all the zombies were gone.

Makensha
2010-03-28, 10:40 AM
I had a dream just last night about a ghoulish thing that couldn't be killed by conventional means and her power was based on the fear of those around her. A group including myself tried to ambush her. As she went after the others I stuck a sword in her from the part where the neck meets the shoulder down to some bone it got stuck on. She ignored me, so I took it out and sent it through the other shoulder in the same fashion. Then I took another sword (not sure how I got it) and stabbed her in the back at an upward angle so that it also went through her head. The others were trying to banish her with magic. She took the swords out of her and enslaved the others, still ignoring me.
I came to visit them days later (though only seconds in the dream) and they were split in to two groups and playing a game where they would pick cards that had numbers on one side (how they identified the card they chose) and on the other side there was food. Not a picture of food, but the food itself. They would then add that to their food supply for the coming week. As one of them passed my I discretely gave her some M&Ms.

Lord Loss
2010-03-28, 10:45 AM
I only have weird dreams. For Instance:

I am being chased through a city by a giant, five headed multicolered worm (one head is blue, another red, another green, the other two I cannot see properly but I know one is blue and the last I've no idea). The chase goes on (on the way, there are manystrange things like merchants selling dragons, but I won't go into details) I arrive at a dock, and leap off the end, landing on a pirate ship I could only dimly see on the horizon (Fsr, far away). A multitude of pirates congradulate me, take hearty sips of ale. I leap op, arm in the air, mario-style and

Wake Up.

I'd recount the strangest dream I've ever had, but it took me 20 minutes to tell my friends the whole, and I am a slow typer.

Serpentine
2010-03-28, 11:05 AM
The other night, I dreamt that my boyfriend proposed to me. I said yes, but extremely reluctantly.
The really weird thing is: I think I've had a dream like that before. Not the proposal, but the feeling it gave me - being trapped and panicky, in a situation I can't get out of, at least not with a lot of trouble. It's hard to describe, but it was unpleasant...

thubby
2010-03-28, 11:05 AM
in a recent one i had flight that was powered by my furry. thus i went everywhere roaring at the top of my lungs. "oh honey could you go pick up some milk?" "oh, yeah, sure" :smallfurious:

CrimsonAngel
2010-03-28, 11:08 AM
Last night I drempt that Belkar and my DnD halfling were fighting a dragon Xykon had found. I took out Tsukiko and Redcloak, then held off the minions while Belkar killed the dragon and Xykon. Then we finished off the minions and left.

But then I fell off a cliff.

Mr. Mud
2010-03-28, 12:29 PM
I've have some very odd dreams, but they mainly involve me and the "minor characters" of my life, so to speak.

For instance, my mother and I met my girlfriend's bestfriend's older brother and mother at the BWI baggage claim, and then we went to see a United States Navy football game, and Eminem played at halftime, then my mom broke her knees gardening...

Also, do any playgrounders practice Lucid Dreaming? I've been reading up on it recently, as I've always wanted my own personal virtual reality machine :smalltongue:. Any tips for a beginner?

Yora
2010-03-28, 12:30 PM
Recently, I keep dreaming about indoor waterparks. Usually closed with a fish monster in the pool.

In the past I had department stores, and waking up in the "wrong" of the two beds of my single person apartment (which of course, has only one in reality). I've figured them both out after a while, but this one is really something new.

Remmirath
2010-03-28, 03:10 PM
I tend to have slightly unusual dreams. The most recent one I can remember...

I was going on a tour in some manner of museum along with my family. The tour guide was taking us on a tour in a fairly dark room, and there didn't seem to be very much in the room. It was dark, and there was a TV playing a crackling black-and-white movie. The exhibit was supposedly dedicated to the mayor/founder of the town.
At some point, the tour guide pulled back a curtain to reveal that the mayor's mummified leg was on a stand in the middle of a small room. For some reason, after talking amongst ourselves, my brother and I decided that taking the leg was the thing to do, and waited until the tour guide had moved on and snatched the leg.
About at that point I had that sort of feeling you have in dreams where you know something and there's no reason for you to, and I knew that legend said that if the four peices of the mayor were ever united he would destroy the world.
So I decided I had to destroy them.
I took the leg bold as you please out the front door of the museum, and as I walked down the long steps of it there were many people and they reached out towards me and told me not to do it because it would attract the other peices.
I then was about to get on a tour bus when it started to drive away. I quickly jumped on to it and clung on, and then managed to get inside. At that point I realised that the bus was empty except for me and six other people, and that the head of the mayor was behind the wheel, glowing and cackling.
The bus turned into a train at some point which went very, very fast and I somehow knew was in fact intelligent and fused with the cackling skull of the mayor, but still stopped at the stop which I wanted it to stop at, which was apparently a dock.
Then while I was waiting for a water taxi to go back to my hotel (apparently no longer concerned about destroying the peices of the mayor), it started to storm. My mom decided to try to just hang-glide off the pier, but thought better of it and told us we should go into the shelter.
In the shelter were three cave-men huddled up and discussing how they were going to invent fire and whether or not they were going to eat us. They had thick, fake Scottish accents.
At that point somebody woke me up.

My dreams mostly alternate between bizarre/surreal and terrifying. I prefer the weird ones. They're a lot more fun. :smalltongue:

Strawberries
2010-03-28, 04:30 PM
I dreamed my boyfriend (whom I live with) was kidnapped.
We were in a sort of ranch (that in itself it's weird, because we live in a city), when we saw armed people at the end of the road. My boyfriend makes me hide, actually physically shoving me in a closet despite my protests, then goes to check what's happening. The people restrain him and bring him away.
The next part is a bit fuzzy, but I remember going to the police, telling my friends and my parents, saying we had to do something. Nobody would believe me. I was terrified. Then, I decided to go find him by myself. Unfortunately I remember nothing else after.

Apparently, after I dreamt this, I huddled close to my boyfriend and told him “I had a bad dream”, he asked what was it about and I mumbled “They brought you away…” and fell asleep again. I have no memory of this conversation, though.

Concrete
2010-03-28, 05:14 PM
I was dreaming that after having failed an evening class to become a nurse through nothing but neglect, uncountable times, I returned to the hospital where the course was taken to sneak into class, only, I decided to eat lunch, so I snuck into a room, and heated up some lasagna.
Problem was that trapped in the room was one of the midget guards that guarded the hospital, so I killed it.
As it was dying, it told me in a solemn voice that it had called the police, and I had to make a run for it. But I couldn't fit all of my pillows into my bag, so I was caught and brought to a snow-covered football field, where homeless people and doctors bought were drinking in a pub. I took one of the doctors beers, thinking for some reason that it was meant for me, so I was told to buy a new one, but the bartender would only give me hot cocoa and laugh at me, so I ran away into the icy cave, where I was chased by something huge and terrifying that chanted "We will, we will, we will never surrender, we will, we will, we will never die".
Then I woke up.

:/

mucat
2010-03-28, 06:30 PM
I dreamed that I was a doctor and some bastard stole my beer. :smallwink:

Haruki-kun
2010-03-28, 06:59 PM
Related xkcd.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/brain_worms.png

Yarram
2010-03-28, 07:11 PM
Also, do any playgrounders practice Lucid Dreaming? I've been reading up on it recently, as I've always wanted my own personal virtual reality machine :smalltongue:. Any tips for a beginner?
It's really not what it's cut out to be, because you know exactly what's going to happen because you decide what's going to happen.
To start having a lucid dream, usually I have to be in the middle of a regular dream and then disturbed somehow, either b what's in the dream, or by waking up. You then continue to sleep, and expect things to happen, and so they do.
I don't know how to better describe it than that.
But seriously. No dramatic tension at all.

Dogmantra
2010-03-29, 10:21 AM
Last night I dreamt I did ballroom dancing to Gilbert and Sullivan with two people. When I woke up I was sure that those two people were Thufir and CurlyKitGirl...

Thajocoth
2010-03-29, 12:45 PM
It's really not what it's cut out to be, because you know exactly what's going to happen because you decide what's going to happen.
To start having a lucid dream, usually I have to be in the middle of a regular dream and then disturbed somehow, either b what's in the dream, or by waking up. You then continue to sleep, and expect things to happen, and so they do.
I don't know how to better describe it than that.
But seriously. No dramatic tension at all.

Every time I've done that, I've assumed I was "awake" and simply "finishing what started". I never knew THAT'S what Lucid Dreaming was.

Tirian
2010-03-29, 12:54 PM
Every time I've done that, I've assumed I was "awake" and simply "finishing what started". I never knew THAT'S what Lucid Dreaming was.

I think that having a dream where you're just running around doing the errands that you needed to do in the real world and then waking up thinking you've done those things is something different. Lucid dreaming is when you're being chased by a scary clown or your teeth are falling out and you think "Wait a minute, this only happens in dreams. So that means I can fly now, wheeeee!"

Thajocoth
2010-03-29, 12:59 PM
I think that having a dream where you're just running around doing the errands that you needed to do in the real world and then waking up thinking you've done those things is something different. Lucid dreaming is when you're being chased by a scary clown or your teeth are falling out and you think "Wait a minute, this only happens in dreams. So that means I can fly now, wheeeee!"

Finishing what I started = finishing the dream. Closing all open plot points. I don't like to leave things open. "Let me just finish this so I can wake up."

Mystic Muse
2010-03-29, 01:32 PM
in a recent one i had flight that was powered by my furry. thus i went everywhere roaring at the top of my lungs. "oh honey could you go pick up some milk?" "oh, yeah, sure" :smallfurious:

you had a jetpack that was powered by furries?:smalltongue:

Timberwolf
2010-03-29, 02:08 PM
I once had a dream that I was on trial for lion poaching. The prosecution tried to get a lion called Brian to testify against me. He wore a top hat and a monocle and had been to Oxford University.

I woke up before Brian the Lion could give evidence which was probably as well really.

druid91
2010-03-29, 02:28 PM
I had a dream where I was running around a tiny fenced in yard being chased by a giant mechanical tyrannosaurus and then I did my usual lucid dream thing and used super jumping powers to leap onto the deck, that was as tall and had about as many layers as your average sky-scraper, then the tyrannosaurus sent its mole people minions to get me then I went in the house that the deck was attached to and got the 7 dwarves inside to build me a water power plant and then plugged a wire into it and electrocuted the mole men who told me that they were just a distraction and that the real enemy was in the room.
Then I noticed the dwarves were running away and something big smashed through the power-plant and knocked me through the wall and out over the porch then some guy,
who looked like an Asian neo, kicked my hand off of the edge of the porch saying that he would miss having such a worthy adversary as me.
I fell hit the ground and then that broke and I was falling until I hit the ground again and got up and ran from the tyrannosaurus again. then I climbed over the fence and it didn't follow me.
Also some random guy was standing on the deck the whole time babbling about something or another.

RandomNPC
2010-03-29, 02:48 PM
I've had the dream of an undefeatable foe, but the dream went lucid and i went dragon ball Z on the person, who just kept regenerating, it was odd.

Volthawk
2010-04-04, 06:27 PM
I don't really dream, as it's sorta when I'm slightly conscious, and I think that's the only reason I remember them (for about an hour, but still...)

One I can really remember is when somehow London was attacked by these weird alien things, like a mix between the Crysis aliens and the Cyclops (http://pnmedia.gamespy.com/planetquake.gamespy.com/images/etqw/strogg/cyclops.png). Thing is, I could do some kind of super-jump thing, and I was just spending most my time trying not to be found, as the aliens were sorta unbeatable, and then even weirder stuff popped up, like dolls that walked around and suddenly more small versions of the aliens (just with more tentacles/spike things) burst out, a bit like in Alien. Last part of the dream was me and a few others in a room, with the door locked, and the dream ended as the alien's tentacle things were just getting around the door, and it was starting to open...

Platinum_Mongoose
2010-04-04, 06:32 PM
I think this forum is the only place in the world where other people will understand all of the moving parts of this dream. I think I've posted it here once before, in fact, a long time ago. Anyway...

I'm teamed up with Mal Reynolds and the crew of Serenity, armed with an assortment of weapons from Halo, fighting Tyranids in the streets of Mos Eisley. To save Hogwarts.

I'm not making this up. Except in that it was my dream, so I am entirely making this up. But it happened, except it didn't. But it was AWESOME.

Volthawk
2010-04-04, 06:33 PM
I think this forum is the only place in the world where other people will understand all of the moving parts of this dream. I think I've posted it here once before, in fact, a long time ago. Anyway...

I'm teamed up with Mal Reynolds and the crew of Serenity, armed with an assortment of weapons from Halo, fighting Tyranids in the streets of Mos Eisley. To save Hogwarts.

I'm not making this up. Except in that it was my dream, so I am entirely making this up. But it happened, except it didn't. But it was AWESOME.

Yay for game/film/TV inspired dreams!

Rattine
2010-04-04, 06:42 PM
Just last night, I had a very odd dream, indeed. In the real world, I'm a massive squirrel fanatic. Don't ask. >.> Anyways, in my dream, I was looking out my window at this squirrel that was in the street. Then, it started walking on it's front 2 paws, then on it's back 2 paws. It was running back and forth across the street on 2 legs, and I was laughing really really hard. Then a bunch of other squirrels joined in. If you see any symbolism in that, PLEASE let me know; otherwise, I'm filing it under "excessive sugar and pop induced dream". :smalltongue:

Partof1
2010-04-04, 11:04 PM
I've had rather vague, and unnerving, if not scary ones. I've dreamt I've been in fights, not getting hurt really myself, and landing hit after hit, though none are of any significance. I just feel...weak, not tired, just unable to exert force.

Not scary, just general bad feeling.

Winter_Wolf
2010-04-04, 11:38 PM
Rattine, your dream clearly means that you're completely nuts, and the squirrels are going to eat you! :biggrin:

On another front:

Personally I hate lucid dreaming. It ruins the dream for me, and pretty much the second I know I'm dreaming, it forces me to wake up.

Most of the weirdness of my dreams comes from something small --inconsequential, really-- that just shatters my carefully subconsciously constructed dreamscape. Rude awakening, indeed.

For example, I've had this recurring dream where the entire known world is a giant maze, most of which is underground. The underground portion is basically uninhabited except by nasty things like undead and a four legged scorpion shaped moss creature with four legs about the size of a large house cat that will turn any living creature it touches into another of its own kind (think of it like mobile, intelligent, and malevolent green slime). All of this is totally believable at the time. So what shatters the illusion? The leaves on the trees aren't supposed to be red, it's the wrong season for that! Despite the fact that not only am I still in the Undercity, but also there are no seasons in the Undercity.

Another dream, one of my more favored ones in fact: I and a good life long buddy are driving through Canada and stop over in Vancouver. Suddenly we're being chased by zombies and animate skeletons! Totally believable. My buddy crashes his little pickup truck through a chainlink fence, and it gets hooked on the truck bed, which allows some of the skeletons to grab on and start pulling themselves onto the vehicle. Where in the hell did that shotgun come from? Yeah, dream over. Still managed a few potshots at the undead before I was forced into consciousness, though.

Elm11
2010-04-06, 05:26 AM
Winter, your problem is very, very clear. Your subconcious hates you, and never wants you having any fun with shotgun zombies.

As far as i go, i've rarely had any particularly wierd dreams. Most of those i remember are based off of several fantasy settings i've created or thought of for D&D, and also a couple of games (Neverwinter nights, dragon age etc). These in particular are great because i appear as a character, and can make my own decisions as in a lucid dream, but have no control over anything else. So i'm in my own little fantasy world where i can stuff round doing quests and things... for about 2 hours. then this terrible thing called waking up decides to interupt my fun.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-09, 10:51 PM
Thread revival (Not necromancy just yet.Plus I misread the month.:smallredface:)Just had two last night.

1. Ian Mckellan (not sure how you spell his name. The guy who played Gandalf in The lord of the rings and Magneto in the X-men movies) was Signing Autographs at the local YMCA.
2. My parents were telling me I should model. I responded that unless they wanted to spend the $10,000 necessary for the surgery to "change" my sex I wouldn't be doing that. They paid the ten grand.:smalleek:

Thajocoth
2010-05-09, 11:15 PM
I had an odd one recently... I don't remember most of it. Just two separate completely unrelated scenes. There were scenes before the first one I remember, as well as between the two. These make me kinda glad I don't usually remember my dreams... I didn't, before this, think you could feel pain in a dream.

In the first of them, there were only women, so being male was considered to be a strange disorder... A woman who wanted to date me decided to help fix my condition to make it acceptable for her to do so. The treatment was a little NSFW (gross, painful), so spoiler tag.
Essentially the treatment was to buy a boob from a small vendor stand and tack it with a long pin to the left side of my chest. Having it just hanging there would somehow make me acceptable.
However, the woman didn't have enough money to buy it, and I couldn't have money 'cause I was still a guy.

-----

The second, completely unrelated scene that I remember, happened much later in the dream, but I forget everything between the two. They may as well have been from two different dreams. Whole thing's a little gross and painful, so I'm spoilering this whole scene:
I had a hair caught in my left nipple. It hurt a bit, so I go to pull it out and notice that it's actually a metal spring, and several coils of it are outside my body. I don't know how deep it goes, but I figure if it's not too deep, and I pull while rotating in the direction of the spring's coil, it should come right out. It did not budge, but the attempt hurt a LOT.
I awoke shortly after.

Soterion
2010-05-09, 11:31 PM
I had one last night where I was on a riverboat casino run by Emerson and Lake of Emerson, Lake, & Palmer, and I won $1000 in a poker tournament. Afterward, Emerson came by and congratulated me; apparently he ran the casino side of things. Then I went back to have dinner at Lake's restaurant. Lake, as it turns out, was a humorless, raging [jerk], who treated me like crap and was a bigot to boot. (Please note, I am sure that in real life, Greg Lake is a perfectly warm, kind, and caring human being. In the dream, though, he was an utter kneebiter.)

So having had enough of that, I grabbed my winnings, made to leave, and told the maitre d' "Please tell Mr. Emerson that he runs a wonderful casino and that I had a marvelous time, and please tell Mr. Lake to go [expletive deleted] himself."

albis
2010-05-10, 12:25 PM
Last night I dreamt I had to go to a concert... but when I reached the destination it was my mother's bedroom... and it really ws there where the concert would take place... but then I (for no reason I can remember) go away and next thing I know I'm someplace I can't recognize, eating boar stew and talking with a guy who was a reindeer smuggler...
...the rest I can't recall.

Coplantor
2010-05-10, 12:32 PM
My last dream involved me trying to defeat some sort of silly Dan Brown like conspiration, for some reason, I filled my pockets with rocks, suddenly, a weird and terrifying sensation in my pockets, something is crawling inside! Spider! Coming out fom my pockets! I wake up and fell the same sensation! It was the cell phone :smalltongue:

Also, at some point in the dream, I notice a small black dot on my left arm, I squeeze it like a zit and a small stone pops out, the skin and the flesh around it feels lose, so I scratch it and start tearing the skin and the flesh out, skin, flesh and sotones come out from the small hole I'm making through my arm untill I find an air bubble/compartment inside my arm full of money! Yay for me!

Mystic Muse
2010-05-10, 12:35 PM
Last night I dreamt I had to go to a concert... but when I reached the destination it was my mother's bedroom... and it really ws there where the concert would take place... but then I (for no reason I can remember) go away and next thing I know I'm someplace I can't recognize, eating boar stew and talking with a guy who was a reindeer smuggler...
...the rest I can't recall.

Did the Stew at least taste good?

albis
2010-05-10, 12:41 PM
I can't really remember... but there were potatoes in it, and I like potatoes, so I guess it wasn't bad. XD

Mauve Shirt
2010-05-10, 02:22 PM
I had an interesting one the other night. Copypasted from my dream blog.
Herr Rotter wanted to take Death Class on an excursion to this giant cemetery in California. I was late coming out of my classes, and missed our ride to the airport. I called one of the girls in the class and she said she had my tickets, I needed to get to the airport before 4 though. I called a few people, asking for a ride, but they all said no so I had to walk. There was an airport in College Park, so it would be no problem. I started the walk along college avenue, which was a straight shot, but really really long, and it passed some sketchy areas. It got dark when I was only halfway there. I got a call from the girl who had my tickets, she said I'd missed the plane and I'll have to make it up over the weekend. Disappointed with myself, I turned back.
My phone started buzzing in my pocket. I looked at the caller ID and of all people it was a random chick from high school. I answered it, but got no response so I hung up.
I was walking on College Avenue, but the graveyard from William Street was on my left, where the school should have been. I looked across the street and saw Meredith and Erin and Matt, (Matterinedith?) and ran over to meet them. They took me to this building I didn't recognize. We went inside it, and Erin led us to this one room. Behind the door was a lever, which would cause some of the ceiling tiles to come down and form a door in the wall. Outside the door was a beach.
We lifted the lever and closed the door to the beach. Then we turned around and found a dragon sitting on the opposite end of the room. It was large and green and sitting in that way that dragons do. It told us we had a job to do, and we had to go back out to the beach.
We went through the door. I looked around and found that I recognized this spot, and it wasn't far from the beach entrance to the house we usually rent. The sky was gray, it looked like the sun might be coming up but it was difficult to tell because it was cloudy. I found my family, the whole beach crowd, wandering around on the beach looking for something. My father told me and my friends to pick up driftwood, because we were building a fence. I asked where and why, and he pointed out at the ocean. It looked like the ocean, and acted like the ocean, but it was a field, covered in skeletal ghosts. Only some of them looked like pirates. They had a leader who wore a black cloak and had a sword (not a scythe!). We were building a fence along the shore to keep them away, and we seemed to have their approval. It was pretty easy work, though the skeleton in the cloak kept glaring at us, and wouldn't let us stop. There was a line of smaller ghosts directly on the border, keeping us working. The sun didn't rise, and no one else came out of the beach.
Matterinedith and I were building toward the door where we'd come in, hoping to escape. The guy in the cloak told us to stop building right across from that door. That seemed suspicious. I'd called my cousin Reilly over at some point. We bolted for the room on the other side.
Of course, there was a dragon on the other side. He was red now, instead of green. He looked at us with a bored expression on his face, and set the lever on fire before we could close the portal. The skeleton in the cloak glared through the portal at us with red eyes, and a few of the smaller skeletons rushed at the door, and then I woke up.

Teddy
2010-05-10, 03:11 PM
Whe I was a lot smaller, I dreamt a series of nightmares about a green elevator trying to kill me and my family (I have no idea about where that came from, because I've always liked elevators). The last one of them is the only one I actually remembers a small part of:
We were going downwards, when suddenly we were hanging in ropes below it and it tried to crush us against the bottom of the shaft. Somehow, we managed to get out from the shaft, though.

Sometimes when I dream about my everyday life, I spot some new "critical information" that I haven't gotten in the real world yet, but when I try to make sense of it, the dream fades and I wake up. My first reaction use to be to try to remember what I read/saw, but it tends to get jumbled and unrealistic. The last dream I remember was about me being on this forum, when I noticed that there was a new comic, but before I managed to read the title, I woke up, and when I tried to remember it, it became something else. There wasn't any new comic in the real world that morning, though... :smallfrown:

icastflare!
2010-05-10, 07:41 PM
The wierdest one to date was one where I was a drider on a subway,talking to L from death note.We had a good discussion then light came along and someone pulled out an electric guitar. If that isnt wierd, what is? I cant make this stuff up.