PDA

View Full Version : partial gestalt fighter//monk/psiwarrior//warrior

gallagher
2010-03-28, 01:07 PM
so my character in a partial gestalt game is a fighter-monk2 then psychic warrior-warrior (npc class) for 7 levels. what is partial gestalt you ask? tier 1 and 2 dont gestalt, 3 and 4 can gestalt with 6, and tier 5 can gestalt with 5 and 6.

Warrior is giving me full BAB while i am a psiwarrior, which i like because it makes the psiwarrior class seem more fighter-like, which makes him a more formidable fighting class.

here is my build. i used an online java for it, so it is a little list-y

40 point buy

Male Xeph Monk 2 / Fighter2 / Psi_Warrior 7/Warrior 7
Neutral Evil

Strength 16 (+3)
Dexterity 16 (+3)
Constitution 14 (+2)
Intelligence 14 (+2)
Wisdom 16 (+3)
Charisma 10 (+0)

Size: Medium
Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 190 lb
Skin: Tan
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Dark Brown; Straight; Light Beard

Speed: 30 feet

Armor Class: 15 = 10 +2 [dexterity] +3 [wisdom]

Touch AC: 15
Flat-footed: 13

Initiative modifier: +2 = +2 [dexterity]
Fortitude save: +10 = 8 [base] +2 [constitution]
Reflex save: +8 = 5 [base] +3 [dexterity]
Will save: +8 = 5 [base] +3 [wisdom]
Attack (handheld): +12/+7 = 9 [base] +3 [strength]
Attack (unarmed): +12/+7 = 9 [base] +3 [strength]
Flurry of Blows: +10/+10 [includes strength modifier]
Attack (missile): +12/+7 = 9 [base] +3 [dexterity]
Grapple check: +12/+7 = 9 [base] +3 [strength]

Languages: Common Draconic Xeph

Unarmed Damage: 1d6 +3 [strength]

Greatsword [2d6, crit 19-20/x2, 8 lb., two-handed, slashing]

Guisarme [2d4, crit x3, 12 lb., two-handed, slashing]

Composite Longbow [1d8, crit x3, range incr. 100 ft., 3 lb, piercing]

Feats:

Combat Reflexes [monk]
Improved Unarmed Strike [monk]
Stunning Fist [monk]
Power Attack
Cleave
Earth Sense
Psionic Weapon [psionic]
Greater Psionic Weapon [psionic]
Earth Power [psionic]
Up the Walls [psionic]
Combat Manifestation [psionic]
Psichrystal Affinity [psionic]
Weapon Focus x1 Weapon(s):

Skills: i maxed out tumble, autohypnosis, and concentration, hide, and move silently

Xeph:

* +2 dexterity, -2 strength (already included)

* Burst 3x/day

* +1 on all saves vs. magic and psi

Psi_Warrior:

* 26 Power Points/Day:
so my questions are: what kind of adjustments should i make? what kind of things do i need to buy? i know i should be getting a monks belt just for the increase in AC.

also, what are the ACF's, and where can i find them, for psiwarrior and monk? i want to do the monk ACF that allows me to do double damage instead of flurry, and the psiwarrior one that allows me to call a specific weapon (which will be my greatsword).

i know that with the psiwarrior ACF the second level feat is replaced with weapon focus, which is why i took it to reflect that.

i need to get a +4 wisdom item i am sure, and probably a +2 Str one too. maybe some strongarm bracers so i can hit people harder.

what powers should i be taking? i know i need to take call weapon as my first one, and i should also get the one that gives me a +4 armor or shield bonus. but what others should i take? i get up to 3rd level, and i need to focus on combat, as my teammates are a rogue, a sorceror, and a bard, so i am the only fighting class.

Riffington
2010-03-28, 01:49 PM
Is your DM giving you both the fighter feats and the monk ones? Just make sure he'll allow that before you base your whole character on that assumption.

Also, if the rogue's gestalted with warrior, he won't be too shabby as a combatant.

gallagher
2010-03-28, 06:24 PM
Is your DM giving you both the fighter feats and the monk ones? Just make sure he'll allow that before you base your whole character on that assumption.

Also, if the rogue's gestalted with warrior, he won't be too shabby as a combatant.

while the rogue idea is cool, i still am thinking that i want to go psionics. i have never tried it before, and it sounds incredibly interesting. i like the idea of being one, so i am going to stick with this. also, DM said that i am the first person he allowed to do psionics, too, so its gonna be fun

and yes, he is letting me keep both sets of feats