PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Looking for a spell...

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-03-28, 04:31 PM
I have vague memories of having found a spell that I'd like to locate again. All I can remember about it is that it basically made a chunk of ice with a fireball in it and when the firball melted the ice it went BOOM. I like spells that go BOOM! Anyway... if anybody knows what spell this is and what book it's in I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks all.

Tyger
2010-03-28, 04:40 PM
Delayed Blast Fireball?

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-03-28, 05:00 PM
Ummm... I don't think so. The SRD doesn't mention ice, and that's the only part of the spell I remember for sure. (I only really want to know cuz I can't remember what it was and that's bugging me.)

herrhauptmann
2010-03-28, 05:02 PM
Try an exhaustively slow search of crystalkeep? http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/index.php Still can't believe they haven't been shut down.

It almost sounds like it might be a combo of a spell and an obscure feat.

BRC
2010-03-28, 05:03 PM
That sounds like a refluffed version of Delayed Blast Fireball.
DBF basically sits for a period of time, then goes Boom. You could easily describe that as a block of ice melting.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-03-28, 05:08 PM
Try an exhaustively slow search of crystalkeep? http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/index.php Still can't believe they haven't been shut down.

It almost sounds like it might be a combo of a spell and an obscure feat.

Yup, it is exhaustive, lol, that's what I've been doing. Haven't found it again so far, and I don't think it was in a 3rd party book, but meh. If nobody here knows it off the top of their head I guess I'll just forget about it.

AslanCross
2010-03-28, 05:25 PM
Complete Magic has a spell that's something along the lines of "Storm of Fire and Ice" or something. Rains both burning debris and ice on the area. That's the only one I can think of.

herrhauptmann
2010-03-28, 06:36 PM
What's that feat that lets you change how a spell looks? Also gives a penalty to people trying to ID the spell as it's cast.
It could be that feat and a DBF.

taltamir
2010-03-28, 06:45 PM
Yup, it is exhaustive, lol, that's what I've been doing. Haven't found it again so far, and I don't think it was in a 3rd party book, but meh. If nobody here knows it off the top of their head I guess I'll just forget about it.

what kind of boom are we talking about her? a bunch of d6 fire damage boom with reflex save for half? a boom that involves cold AND fire damage? a boom that involves physical damage?

Emmerask
2010-03-28, 06:47 PM
What's that feat that lets you change how a spell looks? Also gives a penalty to people trying to ID the spell as it's cast.
It could be that feat and a DBF.

Spell Thematics

Lysander
2010-03-28, 07:00 PM
Maybe it's a delayed fireball spell with an energy substitution feat to make it deal cold damage?

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-03-28, 08:45 PM
what kind of boom are we talking about her? a bunch of d6 fire damage boom with reflex save for half? a boom that involves cold AND fire damage? a boom that involves physical damage?

I don't remember, but it was definately just a spell. It was in a section of spells, no feats or anything. I was hoping someone else would have come across it, but it doesn't look that way. IDK, maybe it was a description of DBF and the ice stuff was just fluff for why it's delayed. I don't really remember any of the spell beyond that image of a chunk of ice with a fireball in it.