PDA

View Full Version : Kobold Sorcerer prestige classes?

Dusk Eclipse
2010-03-28, 09:26 PM
I am building a kobold sorcerer, and I was wondering which are good prestige class options to go, I have access to most books but no dragon (except the compendium) so feel free to go wild.

The idea is to get more spells known.

I also have only one feat set in stone Dragonwrought and possibly Draconic reservoir (to get greater rite of draconic passage and if it is the case off-set any CL loss by a prestige class)

Thanks in advice

Aethir
2010-03-28, 09:30 PM
Sand Shaper from Sandstorm is a fantastic way to get more spells known for a Sorcerer.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-03-28, 09:31 PM
The thing is the skill requirements, knowledge the planes and survival as cross class skills means I can't take sandshaper before level 8 and I want to prestige class ASAP, I'll consider it though.

Thurbane
2010-03-28, 09:46 PM
Wild Mage and Fatespinner aren't entirely horrible, but have some (cross class) skill reqs.

Fiend Blooded is very good if you're not Good aligned, but has the same problem with Knowledge (The Planes). You can get around this with Knowledge Devotion or Planar Sorcerer sub levels.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-03-28, 09:55 PM
Wild Mage and Fatespinner aren't entirely horrible, but have some (cross class) skill reqs.

Fiend Blooded is very good if you're not Good aligned, but has the same problem with Knowledge (The Planes). You can get around this with Knowledge Devotion or Planar Sorcerer sub levels.

:Facepalm: why didn't I thought of Fiendblooded, it is on one of my favorite books, and one that I actually have right beside me ATM.... hm I usually play neutral characters so the non-good requirement is not bad... the problem is knowledge the planes... I might have to check the planar sorcerer sub levels....

Although if knowledge devotion applies to spells that have an attack roll and damage roll (orbs) it might be a good idea.

Vaecae
2010-03-31, 09:38 PM
Sense skills seem to be what is holding you back on your pres selection you might look up Bastards and Bloodlines for a few of their feats. One that could help allows you to swap one casting stat for another of your own selection. Swap Cha to cast off Int and you could buff your skills per level pretty easily.

The feat is Lost Tradition, in a nut shell: Choose a spell casting class and change the casting stat that governs spellcasting, this may only be done once. Another good one in there for a Sorc is Fey Soul: Even even level or hit die add Cha mod instead of Con to HP gained. There's dozen of other nice feats in there, but these are two standouts for this kind of caster.

The only reason to avoid them is that there are many competeing feats and not a whole lot of ways to get extras. Still even when compared to some more conventional feats these two hold up pretty nicely for the right players.

Edit: There's also a feat out of a 3.0 book I have that's called University, can only be taken at first level, but gives you 2 more skills per level and additional ones at first. Usually I pair it with a Human, for more skills then I know what to do with, but if you're starting from scratch it could be a good choice.