PDA

View Full Version : Been gone a while but... Force Missile Mage

Glyde
2010-03-29, 01:07 PM
Something that's always appealed to me thematically. Lots of lasers and stuff. So, with one of my characters taking a bit of a break in a long-running campaign, I've decided to create one. Starting level is 6th (though that's lower than the average level of the party).

I'm thinking about going sorcerer as a base, but stuck on a race and feat selection. I'm guessing various metamagics are the best when it comes to that. Human is probably the better choice, though I make too many of those. An alternative would be something with a charisma (or intelligence, if I get talked into wizard instead) bonus and interesting racial features would be well welcomed. I'm always interested in being 'different' than a Human.

As for spells, I'm not going to go *completely* blasty, but mostly. The party would be losing a heavy damage dealer in the first place, and I don't expect to match what the party is losing, honestly. Power level doesn't matter too much, the party is a mostly tier 3/2 at this point if I had to put an absolute on it.

Anyway, so yeah... Any suggestions?

Optimystik
2010-03-29, 01:16 PM
I would start with a Mailman (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19868534/The_Mailman:_A_Direct_Damage_Sorcerer) base, but tailor it towards MM rather than Orbs. So you'd be relying less on spells like True Strike, and more on ones like True Casting (CM). Some spells work just as well for you as they do for an Orber, like See Invisibility, Primal Senses and Heart of Water.

So in summary, read that guide :smallsmile: