PDA

View Full Version : summoner of reptiles/dragons?

Mystic Muse
2010-03-29, 03:43 PM
my friend/cousin wants to play one of these in an upcoming campaign I'll be running. however I can't think of how to do this. There are a few spells in the SPC and the summon monster line but I can't think of much else I can give him.

can somebody help?

Zaq
2010-03-29, 06:33 PM
Never forget the First Rule of Flavor:

Fluff as necessary... or as awesome.

As long as it has the stats and game effects of something on the normal Summon list, it can look like (and, indeed, be) whatever the hell you say it is. Astral Construct is especially good for this, as well.

You might also find some reptiles on the SNA list (as opposed to the SM list), but I'm not sure. Really, though, you don't need to rely on what the book says your spells look like. You only need to rely on the what the book says they do. And what they do is "create minion with traits X and stats Y."

kabof
2010-03-29, 06:55 PM
Spell Thematics: Dragons + Themed Summoning Lists.
Have fun playing Sarkhan Vol. :smallsmile:

Mystic Muse
2010-03-29, 07:34 PM
Spell Thematics: Dragons + Themed Summoning Lists.
Have fun playing Sarkhan Vol. :smallsmile:

This is an especially funny comparison since my family is a huge MTG fan. (24 people in the family play) it's probably where he got the idea from and, this is supposed to be a "planeswalking" campaign.:smallbiggrin:

Dochetwas
2010-04-03, 04:28 AM
Awesome! This solves a problem I was having trying to make a dragontouched Druid for an upcoming campaign. What fun is it to Wild Shape into a dragon if you can't summon more dragons as backup, right? :smalltongue:

The Tygre
2010-04-03, 05:24 AM
If you can find it (which you probably can't) the Spell Compendium and the Draconomicon have Summon Draconic Ally. Significantly cheaper is the Nyambe African Campaign Setting, which has just good old fashioned Summon Dragon I-IX.