PDA

View Full Version : Primordial Warforged

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-03-29, 05:26 PM
A little while ago I hit upon the idea of getting to a Primordial Warforged through numerous templates and Incarnate Construct with the end goal of +4 Int on a LA 0 race.

Inital (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8143351&postcount=14) thoughts can be found here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8143804&postcount=20)

Irreverent Fool possibly hit upon something in this thread, but I'm still not entirely sold on it working by RAW. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147075) Although, assuming that Loredrake Dragonwrought White Dragonspawn Kobold works, then chances are this would work, too.

My thoughts on the subject can be found in both places, but, outside of an artifact component in Xen'drik or short duration, personal spells I haven't found a solid way to make a 'Forged large before using Incarnate Construct. The obvious answer - Warforged Charger - is out due to the racial HD, +4 (+2, after Incarnate Construct, LA), and base Int penalty.

So, I turn to you, Playground. Are there any sort of templates I may be forgetting that would either make a 'Forged large or a better template than half-minotaur to make a post incarnate'd 'Forged large for the purposes of getting at least +4 Int for essentially free?

FishAreWet
2010-03-29, 05:36 PM
There is no template better then Half Minotaur.

Critical
2010-03-29, 05:44 PM
Not usable on Warforged.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-03-29, 05:50 PM

Well, the goal was to end up with moar Con and moar Int, rather than the usual glory that is Half Minotaur.

Not usable on Warforged.

Out of the box, no, but it does work after being Incarnate Construct'd.

Eldonauran
2010-03-29, 05:55 PM
Out of the box, no, but it does work after being Incarnate Construct'd.

That depends on your DM.
Incarnate is an acquired template (after creation).
Half-Minotaur is an inherited template (during creation).

Probably would only work if the Incarnate Warforged got busy with a minotaur after it was made flesh and blood.

Lycanthromancer
2010-03-29, 05:59 PM
That depends on your DM.

Probably would only work if the Incarnate Warforged got busy with a minotaur after it was made flesh and blood.That's hot.

Seriously, the friction would likely make them burst into flames.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-03-29, 05:59 PM
That depends on your DM.

Probably would only work if the Incarnate Warforged got busy with a minotaur after it was made flesh and blood.

Considering that I'm trying to throw Primordial Giant, which is another inherited template, on top of whatever mixture works, I'm okay with this.

Sinfire Titan
2010-03-29, 09:10 PM
That's hot.

Seriously, the friction would likely make them burst into flames.

And if that doesn't, the DM will.

Geiger Counter
2010-03-29, 09:17 PM
If a warforged can be modeled after a human it can most certainly be modeled after a half minotaur.

Sinfire Titan
2010-03-29, 09:23 PM
If a warforged can be modeled after a human it can most certainly be modeled after a half minotaur.

Except that all Warforged are Medium. Warforged Scouts and Chargers, both specific races, are the only exceptions. Warforged Titans are not a playable race.

The OP is asking because he needs his Warforged to be Large sized, something altering fluff just won't do.

Geiger Counter
2010-03-29, 09:37 PM
Except that all Warforged are Medium. Warforged Scouts and Chargers, both specific races, are the only exceptions. Warforged Titans are not a playable race.

The OP is asking because he needs his Warforged to be Large sized, something altering fluff just won't do.

that house canneth guy is supposedly secretly testing new kinds of warforged.

Also, nonplayable race, that word does not exist to any DM with a little innovation.

The Glyphstone
2010-03-29, 09:47 PM
There is very little that altering fluff cannot accomplish, mostly things that would require too much fluff alteration for a certain percentage of people's tastes/suspension of disbelief. I, personally, would be perfectly fine with a 'Half-Minotaur Warforged' as a unique, experimental creation of Merrick D'Cannith, or a renegade from the Lord of Blade's malfunctioning creation forge. Other people might not.

Geiger Counter
2010-03-29, 09:49 PM
What would be awesome if they made a warforged mind witness army.

Sinfire Titan
2010-03-29, 10:10 PM
There is very little that altering fluff cannot accomplish, mostly things that would require too much fluff alteration for a certain percentage of people's tastes/suspension of disbelief. I, personally, would be perfectly fine with a 'Half-Minotaur Warforged' as a unique, experimental creation of Merrick D'Cannith, or a renegade from the Lord of Blade's malfunctioning creation forge. Other people might not.

Except that Fluff != Mechanics. The OP requested a way to make a Warforged Large size, and altering fluff doesn't grant the Half-Minotaur template, nor does it remove restrictions on said template.

While the DM is free to House Rule it, that's Rule 0 and Rule 0 alone. It doesn't help the OP to ask his DM because this is a theoretical exercise.

TheMadLinguist
2010-03-29, 10:12 PM
Psionic equivalent of wand/potion + expansion -> warforged is now large. Cast incarnate construct quickly.

Sinfire Titan
2010-03-29, 10:14 PM
Psionic equivalent of wand/potion + expansion -> warforged is now large. Cast incarnate construct quickly.

Well, that does work. The spell's duration is Instantaneous...

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-03-29, 10:16 PM

Thank you! I knew I had to have been forgetting something on the size changing bit.