PDA

View Full Version : Stay Warforged, add Int

Trekkin
2010-03-30, 02:29 AM
There have been multiple threads recently about how to take Warforged, Incarnate Construct them, and combine size bonii with Primordial Giant to get +4 to Int. This would be perfect for my character, only...I'd rather like it to stay a warforged. Is there any way to apply the template or gain an equivalent without ending up as a flesh and blood Giant, retaining the original living construct subtype? Is there a way to get that subtype back?

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-03-30, 02:45 AM
Sandstorm should have a template to turn a creature back into a sentient construct, sans Con, but it comes with +2 LA.

Other than that, you could take levels in Renegade Master Maker to "reforge" yourself.

EDIT: So, game plan: be a Primordial Phrenic (or something else worth a total of +2 LA that boosts Int and doesn't hurt con) Incarnate Construct'd Warforged, whom was enlarged by Expansion at the time Incarnate Construct finished. Then either tack on Dustform from Sandstorm or set out to reforge yourself via Renegade Master Maker. ???? PROFIT!!!

Thurbane
2010-03-30, 02:54 AM
There have been multiple threads recently about how to take Warforged, Incarnate Construct them, and combine size bonii with Primordial Giant to get +4 to Int. This would be perfect for my character, only...I'd rather like it to stay a warforged. Is there any way to apply the template or gain an equivalent without ending up as a flesh and blood Giant, retaining the original living construct subtype? Is there a way to get that subtype back?
Green Star Adept?

...what, you didn't say it had to not suck! :smallbiggrin:

Tytalus
2010-03-30, 06:18 AM
Green Star Adept?

GSAs aren't actually Living Constructs - just Constructs.

TheMadLinguist
2010-03-30, 07:33 AM
Unfortunately, no.

Although allowing incarnate construct to hit green star adepts does make the class suck a lot less.

Optimystik
2010-03-30, 08:24 AM

I think they were the prototype for the Living Construct idea though. Humanoid mind in a robot body.

Thurbane
2010-03-30, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I misread his post, I thought he just wanted the Construct type...

Trekkin
2010-03-30, 10:08 PM
My apologies for too much specificity. An originally warforged full construct would be fine, as long as Int is somehow bumped...

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-03-31, 03:29 PM
My apologies for too much specificity. An originally warforged full construct would be fine, as long as Int is somehow bumped...

Probably the best way around that would be as I described below. However, to go Renegade Master Maker would require a reincarnate or two type effect to get the Humanoid creature type to qualify. Other than that, you're eating +2 LA or more from another template, least I'm forgetting something else.

Sandstorm should have a template to turn a creature back into a sentient construct, sans Con, but it comes with +2 LA.

Other than that, you could take levels in Renegade Master Maker to "reforge" yourself.

EDIT: So, game plan: be a Primordial Phrenic (or something else worth a total of +2 LA that boosts Int and doesn't hurt con) Incarnate Construct'd Warforged, whom was enlarged by Expansion at the time Incarnate Construct finished. Then either tack on Dustform from Sandstorm or set out to reforge yourself via Renegade Master Maker. ???? PROFIT!!!