PDA

View Full Version : Finding books for 3.5

huttj509
2010-03-30, 02:19 PM
Mutter mutter out of print.

So I'm trying to find dead tree copies of the Spell Compendium and Magic Item Compendium, for ease of paging through, etc.

Unfortunately, Half-price books doesn't have them (at least not the Ft. Wayne store or 2 of the 3 Indianapolis stores), and on Amazon they're going for over $100 new, and $40 used for the spell, $70 used for the MIC!

Any thoughts on where I might be able to check to find them at reasonable prices? By reasonable I mean near the suggested retail price that was before the end of 3.5. Though I guess the lower supply and high demand kinda would jack up the price anyway, huh...

*grumble*

Mystic Muse
2010-03-30, 02:21 PM
possibly Ebay?

and you live in Fort wayne?

TripperdeCleric
2010-03-30, 02:22 PM
Mutter mutter out of print.

So I'm trying to find dead tree copies of the Spell Compendium and Magic Item Compendium, for ease of paging through, etc.

Unfortunately, Half-price books doesn't have them (at least not the Ft. Wayne store or 2 of the 3 Indianapolis stores), and on Amazon they're going for over $100 new, and $40 used for the spell, $70 used for the MIC!

Any thoughts on where I might be able to check to find them at reasonable prices? By reasonable I mean near the suggested retail price that was before the end of 3.5. Though I guess the lower supply and high demand kinda would jack up the price anyway, huh...

*grumble*

Go ahead and check ebay..otherwise I can barely find any books for suggested retail anymore. It is simply that they are out of print so worth more...

huttj509
2010-03-30, 03:32 PM
possibly Ebay?

and you live in Fort wayne?

Indianapolis, actually, but was in Ft. Wayne visiting a friend so stopped by half price books on the way back.

Mystic Muse
2010-03-30, 03:35 PM
Indianapolis, actually, but was in Ft. Wayne visiting a friend so stopped by half price books on the way back.

ah.

you going to be at Gencon this year?

huttj509
2010-03-30, 03:40 PM
ah.

you going to be at Gencon this year?

Oh that's right, I'm actually in Indy now, I CAN GO TO GENCON!

Well, if money and time allow *dashes off to find when it is*

Mystic Muse
2010-03-30, 03:44 PM
Oh that's right, I'm actually in Indy now, I CAN GO TO GENCON!

Well, if money and time allow *dashes off to find when it is*

August 5th to the 8th.

Orran
2010-03-30, 05:12 PM
I was very lucky to pick up a copy of ToB for £20 (~$30) a week or two ago, from a seller on amazon, now the lowest priced ones are £50+ I'm seriously contemplating buying some of the completes from there, as everything else has gone up as much, or more!