PDA

View Full Version : Bionicle.

Last Rampage
2010-03-30, 03:28 PM
A place to talk about bionicle.

Ichneumon
2010-03-30, 03:35 PM
I had the complete first 5 (it were 5 right? Red, Blue, Green, Black, Brown?) And I had a few of the second series, the ones in which the story took place in a giant city. I also had half of the leggy Raksha-thingies... forgot their name. They were awesome. I also had 2 of those more ball-shaped bug thingies, with masks inside them.

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-30, 03:39 PM
I "had"* the first 5, plus their little versions. Never looked into it after that.

My favourite was the green one with an arm for an axe.

*My little brother bought them, but I assembled them so I claim them as my own :smalltongue:

DraPrime
2010-03-30, 03:40 PM
I had the complete first 5 (it were 5 right? Red, Blue, Green, Black, Brown?) And I had a few of the second series, the ones in which the story took place in a giant city. I also had half of the leggy Raksha-thingies... forgot their name. They were awesome. I also had 2 of those more ball-shaped bug thingies, with masks inside them.

I think they were called the borok? Either way, I loved these things when I was in elementary school. Onua was without a doubt the coolest toa.

Last Rampage
2010-03-30, 03:40 PM
my newest moc is ghost ash
dark red
phantoka red chest ball for head
titan form
wing blade wepons
dual elbow arms

also here is normal ash
http://i1.ytimg.com/i/p3bBwftG8pJ_HMkAQPRYPg/1.jpg?v=8c78cf
flame blade
assasin laser sight

Morty
2010-03-30, 03:41 PM
I had the rock/earth one when I was in elementary school. Good times, good times.

Mystic Muse
2010-03-30, 03:43 PM
The Rahkshi and Bohrok. The Rahkshi are the sons of the Makuta. the Bionicle equivalent of the devil.

I had the first five, most of the Toa nuva, a bunch of those little ones, a bunch of Bohrok, all the Rahkshi, the big T- rex things, the big bug things, Makuta, the recent big axe guy and his friend and that's all I can think of at the moment.

.....Is it pathetic that I know all that?

Woodsman
2010-03-30, 03:48 PM
Weren't there six original ones?

There was a white one in there too.

Mystic Muse
2010-03-30, 04:01 PM
Weren't there six original ones?

There was a white one in there too.

let's see, Onua, Kopaka, Tahu, Gali, Green guy who's name starts with an L and hmm. Yes, there is a white guy but I can't remember his name.

White guy might actually be Kopaka.

Last Rampage
2010-03-30, 04:05 PM
let's see, Onua, Kopaka, Tahu, Gali, Green guy who's name starts with an L and hmm. Yes, there is a white guy but I can't remember his name.

White guy might actually be Kopaka.

toa mata
Tahu red fire
Gali blue water
Pohatu brown stone
Lewa green air
Kopaka white ice
Onua black earth

yeah i know stone and rock were a bad choice, should have been gray not brown and for metal.

Inhuman Bot
2010-03-30, 09:00 PM
I admit, I still like Bionicle.

I regret nothing.

Szilard
2010-03-30, 09:09 PM
I kind of got lost and uninterested after like the fifth island, but I'm always rooting for the brownish rock one. I'm glad they're bringing back some of the older Bionicles though.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2010-03-30, 09:11 PM
Heh. I've still got the classic Pohatu. And by Pohatu, I mean the brown dude from the original assortment of six. Y'know, big feet, upside down torso, funky hands.

I've got a few too many of them, really, and most of the parts for a few too many more. What? They're cool! Plus they live in a giant mechanical Worf.

Yeah, too bad Bionicle is dead.

Zexion
2010-03-30, 09:16 PM
Is bionicle dead? I thought the series is nearly over, but not quite yet...

Szilard
2010-03-30, 09:22 PM
I still have my copy of the comic when the Bionicle of Light (Takanuva or something like that) reveals himself.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2010-03-30, 09:27 PM
Is bionicle dead? I thought the series is nearly over, but not quite yet...

The toys definately are, if the fiction isn't quite done yet. But if it isn't it's almost done.

Zexion
2010-03-30, 09:32 PM
The toys definately are, if the fiction isn't quite done yet. But if it isn't it's almost done.

Ah, yes. That's what I thought.

The Tygre
2010-03-30, 09:37 PM
Oh... oh God. So many memories. SOOO MAAANY MEMORIEEES... Bionicle was my thing before I got into D&D, like, around the time I stopped collecting Bionicle was around the time I started reading Lovecraft.

So... High School. :smallredface:

I've tried to get back in once or twice, but honest John I have no idea what's going on right now. Like, at all.

Teutonic Knight
2010-03-30, 10:46 PM
I've tried to get back in once or twice, but honest John I have no idea what's going on right now. Like, at all.

There's always Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bionicle). Or if you don't like Wikipedia there's always BIONICLE Wikipedia (http://bionicle.wikia.com/wiki/The_BIONICLE_Wiki).

As for our collection, brother and I, it began strong: 6 Toa Mata, 4 Bohrok, 3 Bohrok-Kal, 6 Toa Nuva, 6 Rahkshi, 6 Toa Metru, 6 Vahki, Toa Lhikan and Kikanalo.

Then it began shrinking: 2 Toa Hordika, 6 Rahaga, Sidorak, Roodaka, Keetongu, Toa Iruini, 6 Toa Inika, 5 Piraka, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon and Fenrakk, 3 Toa Mahri, 2 Barraki, 1 Toa Mistika and Fero and Skirmix. I think that's it.

Guess how money we spent. :smallbiggrin:

Mystic Muse
2010-03-30, 10:49 PM
$1000+?ten characters

druid91
2010-03-30, 10:55 PM
I lost interest after I beat that adventure game they had up on the lego website ,the one that they finished peice by peice so that you had to keep coming back to see if it was done, and then got completely confused after the borok stopped being the current bad guys.

Reverent-One
2010-03-31, 12:04 AM
I freaking loved Bionicle, still do to an extent, though I haven't looked into what's happening lately. I know the sets are done being made but the fiction is continuing at bioniclestory.com. I do plan on looking at that eventually, Greg what's-his-face, the writer for the Bionicle universe, has done some rather amazing stuff given he's working with bio-organic robot lego toys. From what I do know, I think Bionicle wins my award for most out there and wierd fantasy/sci-fi world/universe that's not Japanese.

Last Rampage
2010-03-31, 11:27 AM
I lost interest after I beat that adventure game they had up on the lego website ,the one that they finished peice by peice so that you had to keep coming back to see if it was done, and then got completely confused after the borok stopped being the current bad guys.

borok were a log time ago back when bionicle began and now its still good.

druid91
2010-03-31, 04:59 PM
I didn't say it wasn't good just that I got confused and lost interest.

Inhuman Bot
2010-03-31, 05:03 PM

That was fun, yeah.

Now, I will admit to haveing: Most of the books, the first 6 Toa, 4/6 Rhakshi, 3/6 Bohrok, and Makuta. :smalltongue: Few more things, probably, but those are what I have displayed.

latwPIAT
2010-04-04, 06:46 AM
...I sort-of felt that the story got silly after the nth iteration of "six new heroes" (which I can hardly fault them for; it's a commercial product after all) but I really liked the world-building they did for the first line, especially in the flash-based game they had on the offical website were you played as a mataroan and collected allies all over the island to fight off the evil creatures...

Oh gods, that game was beautiful; you could actually make the creatures they'd built in the game in reality.

Warpwolf16
2010-04-09, 10:36 AM
Like many I was a big fan of bionicles but lost flavor after a while.

The current setting is all post apocalyse like, and just add new flavor to it...I like it but cant buy it.Feels odd :smalltongue:

Ranger Mattos
2010-04-09, 10:50 AM
Oh man, I used to love those. Me and my cousin still make some MoCs when I go ove to his house, but nearly all of my figures are disassembled. I have tons of them, lots just lying in the basement.

I haven't been into the story very much recently. I stopped payign attention probably around 2008 or so. Personally, I liked the first years in Mata Nui the best.

Reshbj
2010-04-09, 05:22 PM
Hm. The new sets have obviously been made to save money. Something tells me they're going to release a new line of toys, which nobody will be interested in.

Not that I've bought Bionicle for years.

Fargazer
2010-04-10, 12:04 AM
Bionicle? I heard they were canceling the whole toy line in favor of something new and fresh. Personally, I do have a bunch of them stuck in a box somewhere, but I won't lament their loss. I never really understood them. They got far to complicated after the first set.