PDA

View Full Version : Your ideas on a group

TripperdeCleric
2010-03-30, 11:03 PM
Playing a 3.X game and so far we have the following

Artificer - focused on creation of items...and has a few contructs for battle.
Druid - Shifter focused
WarBlade - TWF "dancer"

Need 2-3 more to go along with these depending on if we get a 6th or not..what are yalls suggestions..please explain why and what type if there are multiple types of the same class...

Any/All Books.

Level 10 Characters.

jiriku
2010-03-30, 11:08 PM
factotum, beguiler, or bard - access to knowledge and social skills. Any would be able to take advantage of the many items built by the artificer.

TripperdeCleric
2010-03-30, 11:14 PM
Now to convince them to play something like that heh.

Toliudar
2010-03-30, 11:37 PM
Some one focused on ranged damage or battlefield control would be useful - a sorcerer/conjuror/warmage. They'd help lay the groundwork for your two tanks to finish encounters off.

TripperdeCleric
2010-03-30, 11:40 PM
Im thinking a wizard is what we really need...thinking most of my group has ranged as backup i know me the artificer does and has two minions to deal with issues...and the druid has a bow.

Kylarra
2010-03-30, 11:43 PM
Given the fact that you've been asking for help on really basic things for the entirety of your group so far, I'd really highly recommend starting off at level one and not worrying too much about optimization or all that.

TripperdeCleric
2010-03-30, 11:46 PM
This has nothing to do with recent posts.

This has to do with what would be of good assistance for a group such as ours.

We will be starting at level 10 and that is set.

Now any ideas on what could improve the group before we end up sending out these characters into the wonderful world of D&D?

Wings of Peace
2010-03-30, 11:49 PM
Changeling X/Warshaper.

Appeal: Alex Mercer

TripperdeCleric
2010-03-30, 11:55 PM
Changeling X/Warshaper.

Appeal: Alex Mercer

Explain this Alex Mercer appeal thing...

Kylarra
2010-03-30, 11:58 PM
I was addressing the overarching issue displayed by your recent threads rather than the specific issue of this given thread.

But eh, whatever:
To keep it relatively on par with the rest of the party you're probably looking at moderately optimized tier 1-2/decently optimized 3.
So...

Spellcasters: probably want an actual arcanist, sorc or wizzie fits fine here. Sorc is simpler to play if you already know spells you want, wizard is obviously another one of the big 5(6).

Then again, you may want the tankier cleric or the archivist to split the difference. There I've covered the non-contentional big 5.

Psion is also a good choice for mixing things up a bit, higher nova power at the cost of versatility.

Skillmonkey: Factotum really shines here. Relatively simple to play and feat choice can be as simple as just taking font of inspiration at every blip. Bard/Beguiler is also a possibility for a more spellcaster feel for your monkey.

Tank/Beatstick: Crusader/Swordsage/Duskblade/Wildshape Ranger/PsyWar

Always on: DFA, Warlock

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
tl;dr - You already have half the big 5 in your party. The rest of them can be whatever they want out of tier 3+ and your party would be fine.

Wings of Peace
2010-03-31, 12:00 AM
Explain this Alex Mercer appeal thing...

It is a joke. Alex Mercer being a character from the game Prototype who can rapidly shift his body into an assortment of weapons and other things. Changeling is the quickest way into Warshaper, and Warshaper lets you grow lots of nasty natural weapons. It's very nice if you like nasty mean looking characters.

TripperdeCleric
2010-03-31, 12:01 AM
I was addressing the overarching issue displayed by your recent threads rather than the specific issue of this given thread.

But eh, whatever:
To keep it relatively on par with the rest of the party you're probably looking at moderately optimized tier 1-2/decently optimized 3.
So...

Spellcasters: probably want an actual arcanist, sorc or wizzie fits fine here. Sorc is simpler to play if you already know spells you want, wizard is obviously another one of the big 5(6).

Then again, you may want the tankier cleric or the archivist to split the difference. There I've covered the non-contentional big 5.

Psion is also a good choice for mixing things up a bit, higher nova power at the cost of versatility.

Skillmonkey: Factotum really shines here. Relatively simple to play and feat choice can be as simple as just taking font of inspiration at every blip. Bard/Beguiler is also a possibility for a more spellcaster feel for your monkey.

Tank/Beatstick: Crusader/Swordsage/Duskblade/Wildshape Ranger/PsyWar

Always on: DFA, Warlock

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
tl;dr - You already have half the big 5 in your party. The rest of them can be whatever they want out of tier 3+ and your party would be fine.

Ok so thinking of a cleric and sorcerer but wasnt sure...we do need a skill monkey now that you say it...I really do need to ask the dm about the dungeons and game and see what would be more important.

Thank you for you input in my numerous threads..was easier to ask a bunch of questions in them than search for hours and get it going.

Kylarra
2010-03-31, 12:04 AM
Your cleric can easily be a skillmonkey by being a cloistered cleric (UA variant) and taking the right domains. Additionally the summon elemental reserve feat (CM) negates the need for a trapfinder (mostly).

TripperdeCleric
2010-03-31, 12:06 AM
Your cleric can easily be a skillmonkey by being a cloistered cleric (UA variant) and taking the right domains. Additionally the summon elemental reserve feat (CM) negates the need for a trapfinder (mostly).

Issue solved then so we can have our sixth focus dmg...

Ok emailing this long link to the DM. and all others..maybe he can piece together characters.

Thank yall for your input...My 3 sheets for my buddy and gf and myself of course should be quite powerful and I thank you for that...lets hope everyone else can keep up.