PDA

View Full Version : does this work?

The Rabbler
2010-03-31, 01:11 AM
I've been wondering, would this work?

because weapon aptitude and lightning maces = ****loads of extra attacks, could weapon aptitude do the same for snap kick?

unarmed strikes are treated as light weapons, meaning they are a weapon; therefore weapon aptitude could change it to instead allow an attack with a specific type of weapon, say, a kukri.

I could see this being disallowed because it's too much of a stretch, but I wanted to know if there was any possibility of this as RAW.

Vizzerdrix
2010-03-31, 04:34 AM
weapon aptitude? WHat book is that from?

AslanCross
2010-03-31, 10:56 AM
weapon aptitude? WHat book is that from?

It's the Warblade Class feature that allows the warblade to change the "target" weapons of feats like Weapon Focus.

Kylarra
2010-03-31, 11:35 AM
Weapon aptitude doesn't work that way though. It changes targetted feats, not feats that only apply to a specific type of weapon.

Sinfire Titan
2010-03-31, 11:37 AM
In regards to this idea, you're thinking of the wrong thing. It's the Aptitude enhancement, not the Weapon Aptitude class feature, that makes Lightning Maces better than it really is.

NEO|Phyte
2010-03-31, 11:37 AM
He means the Aptitude weapon enchantment, which lets the enchanted weapon qualify for any feat that requires a specific weapon.

Kylarra
2010-03-31, 11:51 AM
Well... Snap kick says you make an unarmed attack, so no your aptitude weapon does not count as not being a weapon.

Ganurath
2010-03-31, 11:55 AM
Weapon Aptitude interacts with feats that "affect the use of a particular type of weapon, such as [examples,] or the like, and can apply the benefits of those feat to any weapon that has the aptitude quality."

"Or the like" being the key term here. I don't think that Snap Kick is a feat of the like of Weapon Focus.