PDA

View Full Version : Swift or Move Action spells

Loki Eremes
2010-03-31, 02:35 AM
Hi there folks.

Im using 2 Scimitars with Wand Chamber (dungeonscape) and i wanted recomendations for spells.

Little info 'bout my BUILD:
-Got rogue, ranger and scout lvls plus Dervish PrC
-Two weapon fighting & improved. (got about 5 attacks at 15th level, nice Attack Roll bonus too)

Tough about Spells like Blade of Blood (PHB II) or Divine Sacrifice (Defenders of the Faith) for increasing damage but them only last 1 attack.

Why not standar action spells?
Cause i wanted to use a Cat's Grace wand to boost my AC and Attack Roll.

BUT...
IF YOU GOT ANY OTHER RECOMENDATION JUST SAY IT :smallsmile:

Loki Eremes
2010-03-31, 01:31 PM
wow....
77 reads...no suggestions :smalleek:

jiriku
2010-03-31, 01:34 PM
Wand of wraithstrike. Power Attack. It's hawt.

RiOrius
2010-03-31, 01:38 PM
Swift Invisibility comes to mind (although I'm not entirely sure--if you have non-improved Invisibility, do you get Sneak Attack on all your attacks or just the first?)

Loki Eremes
2010-03-31, 01:48 PM
Swift Invisibility comes to mind (although I'm not entirely sure--if you have non-improved Invisibility, do you get Sneak Attack on all your attacks or just the first?)

Each attack get to sneak, with craven xD

But, dont bother about sneak attack, ive got lots of ways dealing it.

Abd al-Azrad
2010-03-31, 02:03 PM
Pretty much the bulk of the Duskblade's (PHBII) spell list. If you don't have a PHBII, you're doing this wrong; I'd say about 50% of all swift- or immediate-action spells came from that book.

If you want to try a slightly different route, you could also dip into Enchantment for Stay the Hand and Hesitate. Immediate-action, interrupt an enemy's turn to stop them from doing anything. Transmutation has Halt, which works for one round but isn't mind-affecting (it's a plus).

There are no spells that can be cast as a move action.

sofawall
2010-03-31, 02:29 PM
Each attack get to sneak, with craven xD

But, dont bother about sneak attack, ive got lots of ways dealing it.

Craven does not do what you seem to think it does.

Also, Bite of the Wererat is a great spell instead of Cat's Grace.

Loki Eremes
2010-03-31, 02:36 PM
Pretty much the bulk of the Duskblade's (PHBII) spell list. If you don't have a PHBII, you're doing this wrong; I'd say about 50% of all swift- or immediate-action spells came from that book.

If you want to try a slightly different route, you could also dip into Enchantment for Stay the Hand and Hesitate. Immediate-action, interrupt an enemy's turn to stop them from doing anything. Transmutation has Halt, which works for one round but isn't mind-affecting (it's a plus).

There are no spells that can be cast as a move action.

Got PHBII, going to check it out.

Craven does not do what you seem to think it does.

Also, Bite of the Wererat is a great spell instead of Cat's Grace.

Where's it? i mean "bite of the wererat"

sofawall
2010-03-31, 02:46 PM
Where's it? i mean "bite of the wererat"

Spell Compendium.

Curmudgeon
2010-03-31, 03:15 PM
Just the first one. You add sneak attack damage whenever you qualify. On the first blow Invisibility or Swift Invisibility ends, and for the remaining blows of your full attack you're not invisible anymore, and thus don't qualify for sneak attack.

deuxhero
2010-03-31, 03:22 PM
Someguy's Quickblast is a first level blasting spell that does up to 5 energy damage, it's in some web article.

Loki Eremes
2010-03-31, 03:29 PM
Just the first one. You add sneak attack damage whenever you qualify. On the first blow Invisibility or Swift Invisibility ends, and for the remaining blows of your full attack you're not invisible anymore, and thus don't qualify for sneak attack.

Yup, but thats not the case.
i dont need swift Invisibility when ive got Blinking Armor Property.

What i wanted to know about were Spells for increasing Damage on each attack.

[Thx for bite of the wererat :smallamused:]

sofawall
2010-03-31, 03:37 PM
Someguy's Quickblast is a first level blasting spell that does up to 5 energy damage, it's in some web article.

Kaupaer's, I believe.

Weezer
2010-03-31, 03:57 PM
If you've got a decent charisma how about Ruin Delvers Fortune, immediate action and has some nice 'oh crap i really need to make this save' effects.

Darrin
2010-03-31, 04:46 PM
Kaupaer's, I believe.

Yep, from Kaupaer's Quickbook (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050112a).

I really like Instant of Power from Forge of War (Eberron). +4 to a save, attack, or damage roll as an *immediate* action.

I also Blades of Fire (Spell Compendium), +1d6 fire damage on all your attacks. Swift Fly and Swift Invisibility are very nice, but unlike those other spells, Swift Haste has a duration of 1d4 rounds.

Abaddon87
2010-03-31, 04:56 PM
Swift Haste lasts 1 round only.

Sinfire Titan
2010-03-31, 04:59 PM

And you're better off with Boots of Speed anyway. Grab 2 of them, they'll last you all day.

Darrin
2010-03-31, 10:19 PM

Spell Compendium says duration is 1d4 rounds. Did they erratify this?

Loki Eremes
2010-04-01, 12:18 AM
about Haste spells: we got a Swiftblade in the party
(i know i cant depend on him always but **** it xD)

5 points of damage as a free action seems good...at low lvls....
and its only 1 cast per round.

im searching for things like Divine Sacrifice or Blade of Blood, but its effect has to last for a round, so i can make a full attack while dancing.

Sophismata
2010-04-01, 01:08 AM
im searching for things like Divine Sacrifice or Blade of Blood, but its effect has to last for a round, so i can make a full attack while dancing.

They've both been mentioned, but bear repeating:

Wraithstrike and Instant of Power.

Loki Eremes
2010-04-01, 02:04 AM
They've both been mentioned, but bear repeating:

Wraithstrike and Instant of Power.

WraithStrike banned

Instant of Power...where is it?

Loki Eremes
2010-04-01, 06:42 PM
so....there isnt Damage dealing spells like Blade of Blood or Divine Sacrifice that last a full attack?