PDA

View Full Version : What is a good idea?

TripperdeCleric
2010-03-31, 06:58 AM
Lets say I was to aquire a ring of three wishes still containing all wishes...what would be some good things to wish for?

PinkysBrain
2010-03-31, 07:01 AM
If I got it as loot I'd probably use it to get other magic items.

Thant
2010-03-31, 07:06 AM
Wish for 20 levels of wizard and make all of your wishes come true.

MickJay
2010-03-31, 07:08 AM
I'd dump it in the nearest volcano, these things are dangerous :smalltongue:

If the DM was reasonable, though, I'd probably wish for an item or two that I needed at the moment and keep the remaining wish(es) for an emergency.

TripperdeCleric
2010-03-31, 07:09 AM
Ok didnt think I would have to say this..

Nothing that is infinite..following all rules of the wish spell and fun and interesting.

Just_Ice
2010-03-31, 07:14 AM
Wish for the Nile! Wish for the Nile!

Greenish
2010-03-31, 07:23 AM
Take the tricycle.

bosssmiley
2010-03-31, 07:32 AM
Rhythm
Music
Your girl

Coz, after all, who could ask for anything more (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiJFwIXJb-I)?

/thread Gershwinned :smallwink:

SpikeFightwicky
2010-03-31, 07:43 AM
Good idea: Wishing your dead Grandfather was livelier.

Bad idea: Wishing your dead Grandfather was more animated.

Douglas
2010-03-31, 07:51 AM
Since it was made with only the basic 5000 xp cost per Wish paid by the crafter, wishing for magic items is not an option.

I would either use it to get a +3 inherent bonus to an ability score or save it for resurrections and other emergencies where nothing else will work.

Otodetu
2010-03-31, 08:12 AM
So if you have wish as a spell-like ability you can create a magical item with unlimited worth?

Coidzor
2010-03-31, 08:16 AM
So if you have wish as a spell-like ability you can create a magical item with unlimited worth?

Yup. Efreet simulacra should be banned for this reason... Well, that and the whole infinite army of infinite wishes. Otherwise they'll create lesser artifacts which have all beneficial abilities that can be put on the same item for every body slot and several such more as slotless items.

Abd al-Azrad
2010-03-31, 02:08 PM
Hold on to it. Use it in times of dire peril only. If you accidentally let loose an Elder Evil, wish to take back your mistake, or for a sending spell warning every mid- to high-level adventurer on the planet. If you come across a scene of devastation, like a destroyed orphanage, wish for the childrens not to have perished. Stuff like that.

What you have in your hand is a way to correct three situations of nearly any magnitude. Don't blow that ability on +3 Intelligence.

Sliver
2010-03-31, 02:18 PM
I'd wish for the best sandwich, hoping some sick psion did that mind switch trick with a sandwich and that is the one I will get..

Person_Man
2010-03-31, 03:13 PM
I would just hold onto it until it becomes useful for resolving plot points. If you use it to create magic items or gp or whatnot, it just discourages your DM from giving you other treasure.

TripperdeCleric
2010-03-31, 03:24 PM
so its just a ring of safety heh...or If i mess up.

Thank you...thats what came to mind...making sure there was not a better option.

Optimator
2010-03-31, 03:30 PM
+3 to a stat.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-03-31, 03:32 PM
Lets say I was to aquire a ring of three wishes still containing all wishes...what would be some good things to wish for?

The important thing to realize is that there are no good ideas, only bad ideas properly disguised. That being said, you could wish for magic items of some sort, as that's explicitly allowed by Wish and should not be dicked with by a DM.

TripperdeCleric
2010-03-31, 03:35 PM
The important thing to realize is that there are no good ideas, only bad ideas properly disguised. That being said, you could wish for magic items of some sort, as that's explicitly allowed by Wish and should not be dicked with by a DM.

so only use it for wishes that cannot backfire as the book suggests

jiriku
2010-03-31, 04:07 PM
Here's my thinking: it's generally pretty rare to get a wish. Three is even rarer. So whatever you use them on, make it special. Make it something you can't get any other way. It'll make a great gaming memory for years afterwards, even if it blows up in your face. Using wishes on regular junk you could have gotten by other means is safer, yes. But eventually you'll forget what you even wished for, because it was something ordinary. They're wishes, man! Make them count.