PDA

View Full Version : NarutoITP OOC V: F Dosn't mean Fail, it Just Means Try Again!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Innis Cabal
2010-03-31, 11:37 AM
The official tag for NarutoITP threads is simply [NarutoITP]. Put that on any threads for this.

Questions and answers:

What is NarutoitP anyway?

NarutoitP is a FFRP universe which is heavily influenced (read: alternate version of the universe of) by the Japanese manga/anime Naruto.

Okay, but how is it different from, say, the Town or ACRONYM?

It differs in several important ways.
First, it is a lot more uniform that the Town and ACRONYM. NarutoitP has ninja, shinobi, samurai, and jinchūriki of various countries and clans. It does not have, say, cyborgs or sniper kittys.
Second, the plot of NarutoitP is going to be more directed. There are the good, the bad, and the ugly, and they are mostly organised. As such, most plots and stuff will be interwoven into one big plot. Or at least that's the intention.
Third, NarutoitP is NOT in any way connected to the Town, at least not in the way ACRONYM is. i.e. you cannot have a character travel between the two. If you want a character in NarutoitP, it is for NarutoitP. You can have a version of the same character for both ACRO/Town and NarutoitP, but they are different characters.

How do I start?

Well, you want to post a character in this thread, and the character registry when it goes up, so everyone can find information on your character and so people can give you helpful criticism on it.
To prevent a pattern that is all too easy to fall into, it's good to point out the fact that passive actions don't tend to get much attention.
With that in mind, make a post and begin!

There are rules, right?

Yes, there are.
Firstly, no godmodding (or godmoding). A far better explanation of godmodding than I can give is here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1633965&postcount=5)
Second, please remember that we plan to have a far more directed plot than ACRO or the Town. Please run any major spanners in the works past guys on this thread first.
Third, don't ruin anyone else's fun. I can't stress this enough.
Fourth, have fun!

What the hell is going on?

The Third Great Shinobi War has only been ended for thirty years, but already the peace seems to be rankling under the skin of the countries that found themselves on the losing side. But the advent of new weapons, jinchūriki, and the awesome power of the beasts contained within them has kept open hostilities from breaking out once more. Now these fledgling weapons are growing into lives of their own, to the gain or detriment of their villages, and are causing chaos in the world of shinobi.

Will another Great Shinobi War erupt from the stale peace? Or will the shinobi of the world figure out a way to live in harmony with one another? Only time will tell but evil always lurks just out of sight, waiting for weaknesses to exploit.

Not a terribly enlightening history overview, but I'm leaving a lot of it to be determined by the players as a whole beyond a few basic guidelines of...

-Every village is on their third or fourth kage.
-The tailed beasts are unlikely to hold the same forms, but the same general power level.
-Smaller countries and villages do exist but not in over-abundance.
-An organization similar to Akatsuki exists as well under a different name and goal (though has a similar means)
-This is alternate universe, the canon characters do NOT exist.

Anything else can be determined as the game goes on and will be added to that summary as it becomes relavent.

New and Improved (but loose) Rules v.1.1!
These "rules" are more loose guidelines that serve another FFRPG very well so I adopted them into this one, because they work.

Consider asking to join in fights before jumping in.
Please respect that all plots might not be open. Alternatively, if you yourself want to keep a fight cordoned off from other participants, say so in the OOC, at the beginning of your post, or both.
TALK major fights over with your opponent!
This is to keep arguments about who's the better fighter, who should win, blablablablabla, out of the OOC. Of course, talk these things over in PM, or some kind of IM service. While arguments might break out over said PM/IM... It keeps it out of the OOC. Which is what we're trying to do here. On that note...
Don't argue in the OOC!
They make the atmosphere oppressive, they make things less fun, and generally unpleasant and maybe even make the arguments larger than they need be. So, if you have a problem with someone, try to talk it out in PM or IM before using the OOC.

These guidelines/loose rules might be viable to change or be added on to as issues come up, but the bases are covered pretty well.

And, just so there is an example for people to follow for character entries...

There, an example of the format and a character to be finished later as well. Due to a logical worry brought up to me over an IM though, I suggest we stick to one Hidden Village at this time to keep people from spreading out too much. If, say, Kirigakure only had two PC's playing in it, then chances are it's going to die off very quickly because of lack of activity. In other words, once/if the game gets going good and you want to introduce one of the other villages or some other faction into the game, give your idea in the OOC and make sure you have enough people so the village or faction doesn't just disappear from inactivity before you go and set it up. This will ensure that a given faction or village gets the attention it deserves by the players in it, hopefully. This does NOT mean you can't have a character from such places, just try to keep from making a completely separate thread for them until you have enough interest.

Elemental Combination Bloodlines
{table]Element|Fire|Water|Earth|Wind|Lightning
Fire|Fire|Boil|Lava|Poison|Plasma
Water|Boil|Water|Wood|Ice|Storm
Earth|Lava|Wood|Earth|Dust|Crystal
Wind|Poison|Ice|Dust|Wind|Cloud
Lightning|Plasma|Storm|Crystal|Cloud|Lightning[/table]

Konohagakure (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130223)
NarutoITP Wiki (http://narutoitp.wikidot.com/start)
Character Registry Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130260)

That said, have a ball!

The password for the Wiki I'm trying to set-up is 'shiki fuujin no jutsu'.

OOC's
OOC I: Cha (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130155)
OOC II: Sexy No Threadjutsu (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132766)
NarutoITP OOC III: Flashbacks and orphans ahoy! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7645695#post7645695)
NarutoITP OOC IV (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142374)

IcemanJRC
2010-03-31, 11:40 AM
That was kind of fast...

BTW: Purple, for the discovery of your character episode, would you like a relatively normal ninja, or is my Shaman gonna be cool?

In case you didn't see it in the old one...

Moon Wolf
2010-03-31, 11:46 AM
Zis OOC...eet has no title...

Innis Cabal
2010-03-31, 11:46 AM
I'm thinking of one. The one I wanted wasn't all forum friendly.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-03-31, 11:49 AM
Er...yeah. You went from strong to a genin to OMGWHYISN'THOKAGE?! :smalleek: Try not to deal in absolutes like 'cut through anything' or 'reduces down to atoms when it hits'. There is always wiggle room. More importantly, a lightning bolt that disintegrates what it hits? That...doesn't really fly considering 'Xing to atoms' is pretty much the trademark of the Dust Release and, more importantly, powerful as hell.

More importantly, it's not really a Cloud jutsu if it fires a lightning bold (raiton jutsu), now is it? :smallwink:

I'd give more helpful advice but...well...I'm not entirely sure how clouds CAN be used in combat.

Moon Wolf
2010-03-31, 11:50 AM
Ooh, what was it? 'Cuz know I want to know. :smalltongue:

EDIT: Haha, like the new title.

Lord Raziere
2010-03-31, 11:55 AM
gah, I'm sorry, I edited it to be less powerful ok, sorry I keep coming up with overpowered stuff ok? jeese I'm trying, stupid Naruto world is not exactly clear on this stuff....

:smallannoyed:

Innis Cabal
2010-03-31, 11:57 AM
Ooh, what was it? 'Cuz know I want to know. :smalltongue:

Half the fun is guessing.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-03-31, 11:58 AM
gah, I'm sorry, I edited it to be less powerful ok, sorry I keep coming up with overpowered stuff ok? jeese I'm trying, stupid Naruto world is not exactly clear on this stuff....

:smallannoyed:

:smallwink: No need to get frustrated, we all know that the Naruto world is...not as fleshed out as it could be. That's we critique stuff here so that it suits our game.

Lord Raziere
2010-03-31, 11:59 AM
Er...yeah. You went from strong to a genin to OMGWHYISN'THOKAGE?! :smalleek: Try not to deal in absolutes like 'cut through anything' or 'reduces down to atoms when it hits'. There is always wiggle room. More importantly, a lightning bolt that disintegrates what it hits? That...doesn't really fly considering 'Xing to atoms' is pretty much the trademark of the Dust Release and, more importantly, powerful as hell.

More importantly, it's not really a Cloud jutsu if it fires a lightning bold (raiton jutsu), now is it? :smallwink:

I'd give more helpful advice but...well...I'm not entirely sure how clouds CAN be used in combat.

well its wind and lightning so I guess why would it just be the wind part of it?

Moon Wolf
2010-03-31, 12:01 PM
Half the fun is guessing.

Oh. My. God. :smalltongue:

Lord Raziere
2010-03-31, 12:07 PM
:smallwink: No need to get frustrated, we all know that the Naruto world is...not as fleshed out as it could be. That's we critique stuff here so that it suits our game.

yea, they could have made a good arc out of racing to protect all the Jinchuriki
and would have introduced the rest of the villages sooner, you could still have Sasuke take revenge on Itachi after the first four were caught, then after the last two would be caught, you could still have Killer Bee evade capture then end up with the current situation it is in the manga.

I mean if the Bijuu are like powerful enough to give Kage trouble and everyone knows that the Akatsuki are gathering them, why isn't the entire ninja world running around in terror and going holy frack! kage level guys are after the bijuus! we have to do something!

Callos_DeTerran
2010-03-31, 12:16 PM
yea, they could have made a good arc out of racing to protect all the Jinchuriki
and would have introduced the rest of the villages sooner, you could still have Sasuke take revenge on Itachi after the first four were caught, then after the last two would be caught, you could still have Killer Bee evade capture then end up with the current situation it is in the manga.

I mean if the Bijuu are like powerful enough to give Kage trouble and everyone knows that the Akatsuki are gathering them, why isn't the entire ninja world running around in terror and going holy frack! kage level guys are after the bijuus! we have to do something!

Because that's the world of shinobi and possibly the daimyo of each land, not of regular people who probably don't even know what a bijuu is (besides 'that big monster') or who the Akatsuki are. :smallwink:

Purple Rose
2010-03-31, 12:17 PM
In case you didn't see it in the old one...

What was your shaman idea again? I think I might have missed it. I'm looking for a somewhat mid level powered team for this one. Too strong and there won't be much challenge in it, too weak and why are they on this mission again? :smalltongue: Do what you want, I guess. Just make sure you have fun with whatever character you come up with.

13_CBS
2010-03-31, 12:17 PM
:smalleek::smallfrown: WA~H! You called vikings stupid! You are stupid! Stupid! Stupid! STUPID! [/Childish rant]

No: I'm saying that berzerkers, while berzerking, were stupid. "Run at enemies in a screaming fury with only an axe, your clothes, and balls of steel no matter the odds" is...somewhat limited in terms of thinking. :smalltongue:

P.S: I'm aware that there was far, far more to Scandinavian and Germanic societies during the Early-High Middle Ages than just angry dudes with axes, but then playing a guy whose only significant features are blonde hair with a beard and a mustache might be a little odd.

Slicing Lightning Jutsu: Fires a powerful long range Cloud chakra-powered lightning bolt at the foe, piercing through their defenses and cutting them clean in half, his most powerful jutsu, which he can currently only use four times before running out of chakra

As the others have said, this might be a little too powerful; it has range, and though it's not demonstrated, excellent penetration, and might not fit the Cloud theme quite as well since it looks much more like a Raiton jutsu than a Cloud Release.

Here's an idea: what about interpreting "really good at cutting" as "grinding things into atoms", and converting the lightning bolt into a fluffy cloud that grinds up anything in its way?

Suggested weaknesses and limitations:

1) It's a cloud, so if the opponent thinks quickly he could blow it away with an explosion or anything that displaces a lot of air

2) It could be slow, so trying to hit someone directly with it is tricky

3) Usable only twice, maybe three times a day

4) Harmful to the user; if he accidentally runs into it...

And so forth.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-03-31, 12:23 PM
No: I'm saying that berzerkers, while berzerking, were stupid. "Run at enemies in a screaming fury with only an axe, your clothes, and balls of steel no matter the odds" is...somewhat limited in terms of thinking. :smalltongue:

That's not limited...it's direct. :smalltongue:

Mina Kobold
2010-03-31, 12:37 PM

P.S: I'm aware that there was far, far more to Scandinavian and Germanic societies during the Early-High Middle Ages than just angry dudes with axes, but then playing a guy whose only significant features are blonde hair with a beard and a mustache might be a little odd.

They did have armour mind you. And from their perspective it seems pretty smart to me
"I'm wiping out the enemies of my people and if I die here I can go to Valhalla!":smalltongue:

Did you know that a lot of vikings weren't blond? A lot of slaves were given freedom and joined the vikings such that it wouldn't be more surprising that the crew-members where from Spain or France than from Scandinavia :smallsmile:

The viking fighting style, armour and battle rituals would be quite different from the regular ninjas', but being a big guy who charges mindlessly into battle and relies ultimately on strength would not :smalltongue:

IcemanJRC
2010-03-31, 12:55 PM
What was your shaman idea again? I think I might have missed it. I'm looking for a somewhat mid level powered team for this one. Too strong and there won't be much challenge in it, too weak and why are they on this mission again? :smalltongue: Do what you want, I guess. Just make sure you have fun with whatever character you come up with.

I never posted an actual idea, but rather just a vague concept, I was thinking of this sort of primal, shamanistic character who manifests his chakra into differenet animals to either surround himself in something like a cloak or to manifest them sepperatly as companions. The chakra animals would be limited in number, size and power as to be balanced, but they'd be stronger than an actual animal of that... I guess type? Species? I think you get what I mean though.

I'm gonna post up something for him in a bit.

Lord Raziere
2010-03-31, 12:58 PM

As the others have said, this might be a little too powerful; it has range, and though it's not demonstrated, excellent penetration, and might not fit the Cloud theme quite as well since it looks much more like a Raiton jutsu than a Cloud Release.

Here's an idea: what about interpreting "really good at cutting" as "grinding things into atoms", and converting the lightning bolt into a fluffy cloud that grinds up anything in its way?

Suggested weaknesses and limitations:

1) It's a cloud, so if the opponent thinks quickly he could blow it away with an explosion or anything that displaces a lot of air

2) It could be slow, so trying to hit someone directly with it is tricky

3) Usable only twice, maybe three times a day

4) Harmful to the user; if he accidentally runs into it...

And so forth.

how can a fluffy cloud cut things? that doesn't make sense....

maybe its a really thin cloud.... how about I remake it so its more of a cloud spear that can only be twice a day? and be renamed "Cloud Spear Jutsu" or something like that?

Mina Kobold
2010-03-31, 01:15 PM

Look at the iron clouds of One Piece, they can change shape ad still be hard as steel.

Innis Cabal
2010-03-31, 02:10 PM
Yohitsu Ren
Classification: Chuunin
Affiliation: ((No idea))
Elemental Affinity: Wind

Appearance: Ren is bestial in his appearance, with dark soot stained skin, wild red hair that flows almost to the floor and a powerfully muscled lean frame that is only clothed by a tattered pair of baggy pants and a collection of bracelets that reach up to his elbow on each arm.

Personality: Getting to know Ren could be explained as an uphill battle on a downward slope. Due to his bizaree combat style, it is impossible to say who the real Ren is, or if any truly are. Ren changes between emotions and states of mind fluidly, seemingly without warning.

Bloodline: The Yohitsu family has long been known for their use of chakra infused charms that allow the user to summon forth sections of their mental workings, infusing them with chakra creating “Animus”. While this is not a bloodline jutsu, the Yohitsu family is the only ones who know how to create the powerful charms.

Jutsu

Taijutsu: The strongest suit of Ren’s combat ability

Genjutsu: Ren knows no Genjutsu

Ninjutsu: Ren knows no Ninjutsu.

Animus: The keystone to his powers, Animus allows Ren to increase the length and range of his physical attacks and jutsu as if used by a man twice his size with twice the reach. He can use this power for grabs, punchs, kicks and other technical maneuvers requiring his body. He seems to be able to switch between body parts subconsciously, even manifesting simply feet or hands in his attack.

These attacks appear as misty, hazy arms, lets or other body parts that hover just around his body. They can be blocked as physical attacks.

Genjutsu Misdirection: Due to the fractured and layered state of mind that makes up Ren, genjutsu techniques generally fail, or seem to be working perfectly, depending on the state in which Ren is at the time. This is often not the case, Ren being highly resistant to the powers of mental suggestion, domination or trickery.

My concept start for Purples plot.

Frozen_Feet
2010-03-31, 02:20 PM

maybe its a really thin cloud.... how about I remake it so its more of a cloud spear that can only be twice a day? and be renamed "Cloud Spear Jutsu" or something like that?

About all-annihilating lightning bolt of doom - take a look at Kirin (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Kirin). It's a horribly strong jutsu, but it's weakness is that it requires existing clouds to use. There is one other character who knows the jutsu in question, Matsuyama Kazuma (look at my sig), but he can't make clouds himself. As the character in question is a weapons merchant, it doesn't bother me if someone else has the jutsu too.

However, I second the notion of taking a look at One Piece. That series did all sorts of wacky things with clouds.

IcemanJRC
2010-03-31, 02:26 PM
Here's my ninja for Purple's plot. If your curious, umbra means spectral image or ghost in this context. I have feeling he's a little too good, but we'll see.

Kurokuma
Classification:C-Rank?, Chunin
Birthdate:January 2
Height:5'10"
Weight:153 lbs.
Blood Type:AB+
Affiliation/Kage:
The Village we decide on...
Appearance:
Kurokuma is a muscular man with shoulder length black hair. His complexion and features are akin to that of a native American. Kurokuma wears a pair of black pants and black shinobi sandles with not much else. Only his headband across his forehead.
Personality:
Kurokuma is nice enough. He is a person who will go with the flow and is very nonresistant. He will often take on a mediator role in arguments and avoid conflicts. But if he does get into an argument it won't last very long, he will usually concede to the other person. He is submissive and willing to try anything once. It's an easy life when people make the tough decisions for you.
Bloodline: Kurokuma is unaware of any other shinobi in his family or bloodline.
Notable Jutsu:

Nature's Umbra: Totem Armor: This cloaks him in a manifestation of his chakra, taking the form of an animal which, depending on which animal, will grant him certain abilities. In using this technique he sits cross legged inside the image and controls it through the control of his chakra. This has four versions.

Nature's Umbra: Spirits Manifest: This creates a companion made of Kurokuma's chakra that will fight with him. This has four versions.

Nature's Umbra: Laughing Pack: When used with his Totem Armor technique, he will be cloaked in a large image of a Hyena. This is a fast moving yet slightly weaker and one of his most common options. When used with his Spirits Manifest, this creates a group of three hyenas made of his chakra that work in a fast moving, pack style of combat.

Nature's Umbra: Elder Giant: When used with his Totem Armor technique, he will be cloaked in a accurately sized image of a Mammoth. This is his most defensive option and his largest. When used with his Spirits Manifest, this technique creates a slightly smaller mammoth that he will use to help protect or transport things, usually. This is not a purely defensive technique however.

Nature's Umbra: Charging Swine: When used with his Totem Armor technique, he will be cloaked in a large(slightly larger than the hyena) image of a Boar. This is his most aggressive option. When used with his Spirits Manifest, this technique makes three accurately sized boars that he uses to charge and overwhelm his enemies.

Nature's Umbra: Ursa Major: When used with his Totem Armor technique, he will be cloaked in a large(approximately the same size as the boar) image of a Bear. This is his most balanced option, providing the size and power to be both a great defender or fighter. When used with his Spirits Manifest, this technique makes an accurately sized brown bear that he uses for almost anything. He doesn't use this technique often because it's great power and versatility is draining.

General Abilities:

Ninjutsu: Kurokuma is skilled in the use of his Umbra's but not much else.

Genjutsu: Kurokuma usually spots and dispels average genjutsu but has none of his own.

Taijutsu: Kurokuma's sufficient in this category, he is quite adaptable in this area.

Frozen_Feet
2010-03-31, 02:35 PM
Iceman, Kurokuma's powerset seems solid enough, but you really ought to expand on his personality. That one line you have there doesn't really tell anything of the character.

Innis Cabal
2010-03-31, 02:38 PM
It always surprises me when I post a character no one has anything to say. I know its been a short period but its an odd trend. Am I just that awesome? :3

IcemanJRC
2010-03-31, 02:38 PM
Yea I know, didn't want to devote to much into it if I wasn't sure it was gonna work out so I'm gonna work out something if it seems good enough for everyone else. Mostly I wanna know what purple thinks cause it's their plot I'm making it for.

It always surprises me when I post a character no one has anything to say. I know its been a short period but its an odd trend. Am I just that awesome? :3

You are awesome... But Ren seems solid. Very interesting those Animus things. It's certainly different. I like it.

Frozen_Feet
2010-03-31, 02:43 PM
@Innis: Ren changes mind outside of battle too? He sounds rather... scithzophrenic. Also, why did you not classify his charms as ninjutsu? It seems bit of an odd division to make, since ninjutsu includes so many kinds of other **** already.

Mina Kobold
2010-03-31, 02:43 PM

Well, I think it's because you know what you're doing. You know what the limits are and don't make the character unbalanced, see it as a compliment :smallsmile:

IcemanJRC
2010-03-31, 02:55 PM
Iceman, Kurokuma's powerset seems solid enough, but you really ought to expand on his personality. That one line you have there doesn't really tell anything of the character.

Hey, I gave him a more fleshed out personality. He seems like he'd be kind of easy to RP. But I'll see out it goes.

Innis Cabal
2010-03-31, 02:55 PM
Well, I think it's because you know what you're doing. You know what the limits are and don't make the character unbalanced, see it as a compliment :smallsmile:

I do! Its just sad sometimes people don't have -anything- to say.

@Innis: Ren changes mind outside of battle too? He sounds rather... scithzophrenic. Also, why did you not classify his charms as ninjutsu? It seems bit of an odd division to make, since ninjutsu includes so many kinds of other **** already.

Because their not -really- a jutsu. Their an item. I'm sure ninjutsu goes into making them though somewhere down the line.

He'd actually have DID's (Disassociated Identiy Disorder). Schizophrenia actually has nothing to do with split personalities :smalltongue: I know thats a nit pick, but the actual mental disorder known as Schizophrenia has alot of misconception around it.

IcemanJRC
2010-03-31, 02:58 PM
Yea, I actually did research on that for my MPD ninja, scitzophrenia, I found out, is almost nothing like what most people think...

Frozen_Feet
2010-03-31, 02:58 PM
@Iceman: much better.

@Innis: I know scitzophrenia was not the right term, but with such limited knowledge of psychology, I couldn't remember the correct one for the life of me. Thanks for the info.

Innis Cabal
2010-03-31, 03:05 PM
No prob :smallsmile:

And yes, he would have DID's outside of battle as well as in battle. Though, I think I've shown I can roleplay a character who is far into the depths of mental derangment.

Sadly, I have to reign Kyo back. As Callos could tell you, were the rules around here not so strict, Kyo would be -much- worse.

IcemanJRC
2010-03-31, 03:35 PM
Could the henge technique turn a person into a small animal, like a rabbit?

Callos_DeTerran
2010-03-31, 03:38 PM
Sadly, I have to reign Kyo back. As Callos could tell you, were the rules around here not so strict, Kyo would be -much- worse.

And not just because of the forum rules. :smalltongue: The moment Kyo scares away an actual poster, you and I are having a talk. :smallwink:

Frozen_Feet
2010-03-31, 03:40 PM
Henge can thoeretically turn people to anything. I mean, Naruto himself has changed to woman, a fence, and a shuriken, and turned a giant frog into a giant fox with the jutsu. It even seems to give physical qualities to a being (Gamabunta sure put those claws to good use), but is at least partially illusory and does not hold against attacks.

Innis Cabal
2010-03-31, 03:47 PM
And not just because of the forum rules. :smalltongue: The moment Kyo scares away an actual poster, you and I are having a talk. :smallwink:

Well....everyone -said- they wanted to see what is happennig to Hana...

IcemanJRC
2010-03-31, 03:54 PM
I just wanted to know if you could do it...

Mina Kobold
2010-03-31, 03:54 PM
Henge can thoeretically turn people to anything. I mean, Naruto himself has changed to woman, a fence, and a shuriken, and turned a giant frog into a giant fox with the jutsu. It even seems to give physical qualities to a being (Gamabunta sure put those claws to good use), but is at least partially illusory and does not hold against attacks.

Didn't Gamabunta's keep up for the entire battle?

Frozen_Feet
2010-03-31, 04:07 PM
Didn't Gamabunta's keep up for the entire battle?
It held for a long time, but not the whole way through. As marked by the Boss Toad's own words, it was a race against time. The jutsu was also using Gamabunta's own chakra, which explains its longevity somewhat - I'd also say it's something not everybody can do.

Lord Raziere
2010-03-31, 04:33 PM
hasn't anyone ever thought of making the Henge more durable? I mean how useful can it be if it can only stand one hit? its practically the only jutsu in all of Naruto that can actually be used for stealth and other ninja-type stuff, yet its probably one of the least useful.

Prime32
2010-03-31, 04:35 PM
hasn't anyone ever thought of making the Henge more durable? I mean how useful can it be if it can only stand one hit? its practically the only jutsu in all of Naruto that can actually be used for stealth and other ninja-type stuff, yet its probably one of the least useful.I'm pretty sure Yamato's Mokuton Henge (which he used to disguise himself as Sasori) is more durable.

Moon Wolf
2010-03-31, 04:38 PM
Until Kabuto smashed it. :smallwink:

Prime32
2010-03-31, 04:39 PM
Until Kabuto smashed it. :smallwink:Yeah, but that was Kabuto, man. Kabuto!

Frozen_Feet
2010-03-31, 04:42 PM
hasn't anyone ever thought of making the Henge more durable? I mean how useful can it be if it can only stand one hit? its practically the only jutsu in all of Naruto that can actually be used for stealth and other ninja-type stuff, yet its probably one of the least useful.

Tsunade, and in our game, Momo and Rei supposedly use a persistent version of Henge, so yes. And even without it, it's still immensely useful - no-one's just bothered to be creative with it yet. Expect that shuriken trick Naruto and Sasuke used against Zabuza - that was something.

KnightDisciple
2010-03-31, 04:44 PM
Tsunade, and in our game, Momo and Rei supposedly use a persistent version of Henge, so yes. And even without it, it's still immensely useful - no-one's just bothered to be creative with it yet. Expect that shuriken trick Naruto and Sasuke used against Zabuza - that was something.

It may be easier to hold a henge when the form is "me, but younger" or something of that nature. I highly doubt you could turn into a sword long term, for instance. At least not with just Henge.

Lord Raziere
2010-03-31, 04:53 PM
hmmm..... how about a trick where you disguise yourself as one of your enemies weapons and when they pull you out, you can be like BAM! unhenge and punch them in the face!

or, if you are guarding something important, you can always move the thing somewhere else then henge yourself as that thing where its supposed to be, another surprise waiting for the enemy.

and of course, in a forest you can always just become a tree.

and in theory you could become a grain of sand on some guys shoulder or something where you can wait until the time is right, then strike.

though you probably can't henge yourself into a liquid or a gas, that would open a up a whole different can of worms...

13_CBS
2010-03-31, 05:27 PM
They did have armour mind you. And from their perspective it seems pretty smart to me
"I'm wiping out the enemies of my people and if I die here I can go to Valhalla!":smalltongue:

Did you know that a lot of vikings weren't blond? A lot of slaves were given freedom and joined the vikings such that it wouldn't be more surprising that the crew-members where from Spain or France than from Scandinavia :smallsmile:

Well, duh. :smalltongue: I'm playing off the berzerking, blond, mustachioed stereotype here (which I kind of have to or otherwise, as I said, we're dealing with regular, mundane people who happened to have a different fashion sense and set of values from Naruto ninjas, which, for our purposes, is a little dull.)

How does a cloud of smoke slice things? That doesn't make all that much sense either, but Bleach thought it was great and had one of the character's powers be just that.

You could justify it by saying that the cloud is composes of highly charged chakra particles that grind and annihilate any solid matter it comes into contact with, or something.

That could work too.

In any case, here's a prototype ninja of mine that I thought up of for Purple Rose's thing (I suspect that this, combined with Purple's character's amplification powers, could make for a deadly combo). Some of his powers are ripped wholesale from Fate/Zero. :smallwink:

Name/Rank: Toki Aida, 鴇 (Toki: "Japanese Ibis") 藍田 (Ai: "Indigo" and Da: "Field") The Meaningful Name part comes into play when you realize that the Japanese characters for "jikan", or "time", is made up of the characters 時 and 間. 時 by itself is pronounced "Toki", while 間 by itself is pronounced "Aida".
Classification: C Class
Birthdate: February 13th
Height: 5'5'' (165 cm)
Weight: 132
Blood type: AB-
Affiliation/Kage:
?
?
???

Appearance: Toki appears as a somewhat short young man of average build. His appearance seems unremarkable save for the unusual amount of gray hair, but a closer investigation reveals that the nature of his skin seems to fluctuate over time; in one moment it'll appear smooth and pure like a child's, while in another it'll seem wrinkly and spotted like an old man's.

His hair is chock full of white hairs, to the point that it's a very light gray with the occasional flecks of black. It is short and typically messy.

For clothing, Toki prefers a long-sleeved, dark colored gi and pantaloons with the leggings tucked into his boots. Overall, he looks pretty much like this, sans the sword and the long hair (http://vb.arabseyes.com/members/314007-albums133-picture864.gif). He typically carries a hand-wound watch on a chain at all times, which he can use as an impromptu weapon.

Personality: Concentrated, focused, grim. For Toki, time and events pass along slightly differently than for others, since he experiences the world around him as fluctuating in terms of time. In one moment, time might slow down; in another, the world accelerates. Normally, the fluctuations aren't enough to give him any real advantage: the world moves slowly, but he moves slowly with it, or the world moves quickly, but he moves quickly with it. Nonetheless, the experience is always a little disorienting for him, so he makes sure to keep his concentration up at all times. This has made him somewhat blunt and unsociable since most people who talk to him see him as someone poor at talking and wants the conversation to end as soon as possible.

Bloodline: Time manipulation. Through the usage of (vast amounts of) chakra, Toki is able to manipulate the flow of time in and around himself and nearby objects. Despite the potentially overwhelming power of such an ability, so far Toki has been rather inept at using it; in particular, he is unable to overcome the "Temporal Feedback" rubberbanding effect (to be explained later). It is unknown why Toki has his time-manipulating abilities. Neither of his parents nor his known ancestors in his clan have exhibited such a thing.

Notable Jutsu: Toki is poor in ninjutsu, taijutsu, and genjutsu, so he must compensate for his overall lack of skill with his powerful Jiton techniques. Unfortunately for him, Jiton requires a lot of control and chakra, neither of which Toki really has...

The primary drawback to Jiton, aside from its stringent requirements, is the Temporal Feedback effect; every stretch and adjustment to the timeline requires an equal and opposite reaction once the effect is over. Each technique has its own Temporal Feedback effect, described below.

Also, due to his lack of control over his techniques, Toki can only have 1 Jiton technique active at once.

時遁 (Jiton: Time Release):

External Acceleration: Toki speeds up the movement of an object that he makes physical contact with, such as shuriken. Inanimate objects are the easiest to perform this on, while organic things (such as people) are much more difficult. With this technique, Toki can make thrown objects move faster or give a teammate the Internal Acceleration effect described below. When used on thrown objects, External Acceleration typically lasts only a second or two. See Internal Acceleration below for External Acceleration applied to organic creatures. Note: External Acceleration increases the object's kinetic energy since it's moving faster. Toki can accelerate objects to twice their normal speed.

Temporal Feedback effect: The object moves slowly, proportional to the speed at which it was moving before. For example, if a shuriken was thrown and was accelerated to move twice the speed that it normally would, the Temporal Feedback effect would cause it to move twice as slowly than normal and with half the kinetic energy.

Internal Acceleration: Toki speeds up all bodily processes, thus increasing speed and all neural activity, including reaction time and thinking. He moves faster, thinks faster, reacts faster. Since he moves faster, his physical attacks strike harder. He can move up to two times his normal speed, and can keep this up for precisely ten seconds.

Temporal Feedback effect: Toki's body moves more slowly to compensate for the acceleration. For ten seconds, he becomes sluggish, moves twice his normal speed, and thinks more slowly. The effects are uneven, so parts of his body decelerate at different rates, leading to, in essence, erratic organ behavior. Each use of Internal Acceleration leaves Toki deprived of oxygen, screaming muscle pain, dizziness, nausea; Internal Acceleration isn't exactly easy on the body.

External Deceleration: The exact opposite of External Acceleration; things move more slowly, losing kinetic energy, or people slow down. When applied to people, see Internal Deceleration. Toki can keep this up for 10 seconds for each use.

Temporal Feedback: Inverse of External Deceleration; during Temporal Feedback, affected objects and creatures are accelerated in proportion to the amount that they were decelerated. This means that decelerated opponents will be accelerated for ten seconds and suffer none of the Internal Acceleration drawbacks.

Internal Deceleration: Exact opposite of Internal Acceleration; body functions are slowed. In combat, this is normally useless except in very specific situations. Outside of it, it can be used as a tool to play dead by making the body appear to be lifeless (he can lengthen the time that the jutsu affects him by fueling more chakra into it).

Temporal Feedback: Inverse of Internal Acceleration. If Toki uses Internal Deceleration, his body plays catchup by going into overdrive mode. Again, very unhealthy, especially with the strain on the heart and blood vessels.

Deceleration Sphere: Toki creates a 10 foot radius "time bubble" around himself, where all objects that come within it are slowed. The effects are, essentially, External Deceleration applied to a broader area. Toki must stand still and concentrate for this jutsu to work.

Temporal Feedback: Same as External Deceleration, except that it's applied to everything within the sphere (except for Toki) instead of the object or creature.

Acceleration Sphere: Same thing as Deceleration Sphere, except that it accelerates.

Temporal Feedback: Same as External Acceleration.

Rewind: Toki rewinds everything that ever happened back 10 seconds. The advantage is that Toki still remembers what happened (though no one else does), so surprises that happened are reversed and any damage taken is undone. The disadvantage is that he still loses massive, massive amounts of chakra performing this technique, and in practical terms he can really only perform it once in a battle before he loses too much chakra to continue battling.

Temporal Feedback: Once the 10 seconds is over, time fast forwards to 10 seconds into the future. This effect is extremely disorienting for Toki: he behaves normally during those 10 seconds between the beginning and the end of the Feedback, but when those 10 seconds are over, he forgets what happened to him during those seconds.

Example: After using Rewind during a battle and during the Temporal Feedback, Toki punches a ninja in the face and runs into a cave. He'll perform these actions normally and fully under his control, but when those 10 seconds are over, he'll experience a jolt and fail to remember everything and anything that happened, including punching a ninja and why he ran into a cave. I he's lucky, he could reconstruct what happened (the ninja sports a bruise that he doesn't remember seeing there before, and he can see the battlefield outside the mouth of the cave), but if he's isn't, then the disorientation could cost him his life.

Ninjutsu: Aside from Jiton, Toki is passable at Suiton. He can only perform up to C rank techniques.

Genjutsu: Minimal; Toki is too poor at chakra control to really do much in genjutsu.

Taijutsu: His best, though not really by much. He prefers kunai, since they let him switch quickly between melee and ranged combat, which synchs well with his acceleration abilities.

Special Abilities: Aside from Jiton...

Concentration: Due to having to concentrate pretty much all the time, Toki is unusually focused and not easily distracted. This is good because he has little else going for him.

Backstory to come later.

KnightDisciple
2010-03-31, 05:40 PM
Um, Lord Raziere?

Your character is a Chuunin, yes?

It's just that Callos has established pretty strongly that the only ones allowed onto the Exam Grounds (including the Observation Tower therein) are Kages and a few attendants, or the proctors.

If the Hokage has not explicitly invited your character, he wouldn't be allowed to view this section of the exams.

Lord Raziere
2010-03-31, 06:55 PM
Um, Lord Raziere?

Your character is a Chuunin, yes?

It's just that Callos has established pretty strongly that the only ones allowed onto the Exam Grounds (including the Observation Tower therein) are Kages and a few attendants, or the proctors.

If the Hokage has not explicitly invited your character, he wouldn't be allowed to view this section of the exams.

huh...whatevs I'll delete it.

13_CBS
2010-03-31, 07:04 PM
@ Purple: Do you have any plot ideas at the moment? Right now I'm not sure which country's chuunin are supposed to be involved, hence the lack of Affiliations for Toki...

Also, I somehow missed the new posts on the Exam thread. Apologies for the delay. >_<

Innis Cabal
2010-03-31, 07:12 PM
Name/Rank: Toki Aida, 鴇 (Toki: "Japanese Ibis") 藍田 (Ai: "Indigo" and Da: "Field") The Meaningful Name part comes into play when you realize that the Japanese characters for "jikan", or "time", is made up of the characters 時 and 間. 時 by itself is pronounced "Toki", while 間 by itself is pronounced "Aida".
Classification: C Class
Birthdate: February 13th
Height: 5'5'' (165 cm)
Weight: 132
Blood type: AB-
Affiliation/Kage:
?
?
???

Appearance: Toki appears as a somewhat short young man of average build. His appearance seems unremarkable save for the unusual amount of gray hair, but a closer investigation reveals that the nature of his skin seems to fluctuate over time; in one moment it'll appear smooth and pure like a child's, while in another it'll seem wrinkly and spotted like an old man's.

His hair is chock full of white hairs, to the point that it's a very light gray with the occasional flecks of black. It is short and typically messy.

For clothing, Toki prefers a long-sleeved, dark colored gi and pantaloons with the leggings tucked into his boots. Overall, he looks pretty much like this, sans the sword and the long hair (http://vb.arabseyes.com/members/314007-albums133-picture864.gif). He typically carries a hand-wound watch on a chain at all times, which he can use as an impromptu weapon.

Personality: Concentrated, focused, grim. For Toki, time and events pass along slightly differently than for others, since he experiences the world around him as fluctuating in terms of time. In one moment, time might slow down; in another, the world accelerates. Normally, the fluctuations aren't enough to give him any real advantage: the world moves slowly, but he moves slowly with it, or the world moves quickly, but he moves quickly with it. Nonetheless, the experience is always a little disorienting for him, so he makes sure to keep his concentration up at all times. This has made him somewhat blunt and unsociable since most people who talk to him see him as someone poor at talking and wants the conversation to end as soon as possible.

Bloodline: Time manipulation. Through the usage of (vast amounts of) chakra, Toki is able to manipulate the flow of time in and around himself and nearby objects. Despite the potentially overwhelming power of such an ability, so far Toki has been rather inept at using it; in particular, he is unable to overcome the "Temporal Feedback" rubberbanding effect (to be explained later). It is unknown why Toki has his time-manipulating abilities. Neither of his parents nor his known ancestors in his clan have exhibited such a thing.

Notable Jutsu: Toki is poor in ninjutsu, taijutsu, and genjutsu, so he must compensate for his overall lack of skill with his powerful Jiton techniques. Unfortunately for him, Jiton requires a lot of control and chakra, neither of which Toki really has...

The primary drawback to Jiton, aside from its stringent requirements, is the Temporal Feedback effect; every stretch and adjustment to the timeline requires an equal and opposite reaction once the effect is over. Each technique has its own Temporal Feedback effect, described below.

Also, due to his lack of control over his techniques, Toki can only have 1 Jiton technique active at once.

時遁 (Jiton: Time Release):

External Acceleration: Toki speeds up the movement of an object that he makes physical contact with, such as shuriken. Inanimate objects are the easiest to perform this on, while organic things (such as people) are much more difficult. With this technique, Toki can make thrown objects move faster or give a teammate the Internal Acceleration effect described below. When used on thrown objects, External Acceleration typically lasts only a second or two. See Internal Acceleration below for External Acceleration applied to organic creatures. Note: External Acceleration increases the object's kinetic energy since it's moving faster. Toki can accelerate objects to twice their normal speed.

Temporal Feedback effect: The object moves slowly, proportional to the speed at which it was moving before. For example, if a shuriken was thrown and was accelerated to move twice the speed that it normally would, the Temporal Feedback effect would cause it to move twice as slowly than normal and with half the kinetic energy.

Internal Acceleration: Toki speeds up all bodily processes, thus increasing speed and all neural activity, including reaction time and thinking. He moves faster, thinks faster, reacts faster. Since he moves faster, his physical attacks strike harder. He can move up to two times his normal speed, and can keep this up for precisely ten seconds.

Temporal Feedback effect: Toki's body moves more slowly to compensate for the acceleration. For ten seconds, he becomes sluggish, moves twice his normal speed, and thinks more slowly. The effects are uneven, so parts of his body decelerate at different rates, leading to, in essence, erratic organ behavior. Each use of Internal Acceleration leaves Toki deprived of oxygen, screaming muscle pain, dizziness, nausea; Internal Acceleration isn't exactly easy on the body.

External Deceleration: The exact opposite of External Acceleration; things move more slowly, losing kinetic energy, or people slow down. When applied to people, see Internal Deceleration. Toki can keep this up for 10 seconds for each use.

Temporal Feedback: Inverse of External Deceleration; during Temporal Feedback, affected objects and creatures are accelerated in proportion to the amount that they were decelerated. This means that decelerated opponents will be accelerated for ten seconds and suffer none of the Internal Acceleration drawbacks.

Internal Deceleration: Exact opposite of Internal Acceleration; body functions are slowed. In combat, this is normally useless except in very specific situations. Outside of it, it can be used as a tool to play dead by making the body appear to be lifeless (he can lengthen the time that the jutsu affects him by fueling more chakra into it).

Temporal Feedback: Inverse of Internal Acceleration. If Toki uses Internal Deceleration, his body plays catchup by going into overdrive mode. Again, very unhealthy, especially with the strain on the heart and blood vessels.

Deceleration Sphere: Toki creates a 10 foot radius "time bubble" around himself, where all objects that come within it are slowed. The effects are, essentially, External Deceleration applied to a broader area. Toki must stand still and concentrate for this jutsu to work.

Temporal Feedback: Same as External Deceleration, except that it's applied to everything within the sphere (except for Toki) instead of the object or creature.

Acceleration Sphere: Same thing as Deceleration Sphere, except that it accelerates.

Temporal Feedback: Same as External Acceleration.

Rewind: Toki rewinds everything that ever happened back 10 seconds. The advantage is that Toki still remembers what happened (though no one else does), so surprises that happened are reversed and any damage taken is undone. The disadvantage is that he still loses massive, massive amounts of chakra performing this technique, and in practical terms he can really only perform it once in a battle before he loses too much chakra to continue battling.

Temporal Feedback: Once the 10 seconds is over, time fast forwards to 10 seconds into the future. This effect is extremely disorienting for Toki: he behaves normally during those 10 seconds between the beginning and the end of the Feedback, but when those 10 seconds are over, he forgets what happened to him during those seconds.

Example: After using Rewind during a battle and during the Temporal Feedback, Toki punches a ninja in the face and runs into a cave. He'll perform these actions normally and fully under his control, but when those 10 seconds are over, he'll experience a jolt and fail to remember everything and anything that happened, including punching a ninja and why he ran into a cave. I he's lucky, he could reconstruct what happened (the ninja sports a bruise that he doesn't remember seeing there before, and he can see the battlefield outside the mouth of the cave), but if he's isn't, then the disorientation could cost him his life.

Ninjutsu: Aside from Jiton, Toki is passable at Suiton. He can only perform up to C rank techniques.

Genjutsu: Minimal; Toki is too poor at chakra control to really do much in genjutsu.

Taijutsu: His best, though not really by much. He prefers kunai, since they let him switch quickly between melee and ranged combat, which synchs well with his acceleration abilities.

Special Abilities: Aside from Jiton...

Concentration: Due to having to concentrate pretty much all the time, Toki is unusually focused and not easily distracted. This is good because he has little else going for him.

Backstory to come later.

Holy block of text 13! I'll tackle this later.

Purple Rose
2010-03-31, 07:27 PM
Hmmm... Lots of interesting ideas... :smallsmile: A bit more high powered than I was expecting, but it is easy enough scale up the enemies.

As for the ascociation of these ninja, I hadn't decided yet. Seems easy enough to say Konaha, but I think the feel of the characters so far is not really something expected of Konaha. Sand ninja sound okay? Give them a little more love.

IcemanJRC
2010-03-31, 07:29 PM
I now feel the need to reskin the appearence of my guys attacks... perhaps desert animals?

13_CBS
2010-03-31, 07:33 PM
Hmmm... Lots of interesting ideas... :smallsmile: A bit more high powered than I was expecting, but it is easy enough scale up the enemies.

Hrm...is Toki that powerful? I was hoping that, with the Temporal Feedback drawbacks of each Jiton technique, plus the fact that they're fairly inflexible, require lots of chakra, and only really there to boost the rest of Toki's shoddy
combat abilities, Toki would be on the lower end of the scale. I'll be happy to adjust things if you'd like.

As for the ascociation of these ninja, I hadn't decided yet. Seems easy enough to say Konaha, but I think the feel of the characters so far is not really something expected of Konaha. Sand ninja sound okay? Give them a little more love.

Suna sounds fine.

IcemanJRC
2010-03-31, 07:40 PM
I just learned that black bears are sometimes found in the desert...

13_CBS
2010-03-31, 07:41 PM
I just learned that black bears are sometimes found in the desert...

http://jeremiejordan.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/bear-cavalry.jpg

(Granted, it's snowy terrain, but pretend that they're all riding black bears in a desert.)

IcemanJRC
2010-03-31, 07:42 PM
I love that...

horngeek
2010-03-31, 08:02 PM
Newest chapter is out.

:smalleek:

Revenge of Edo Tensei.

That is all.

Purple Rose
2010-03-31, 08:04 PM
I think your animals could work well despite being Suna ninja.

I think we are waiting on Horngeek for the character now. No rush though.

IcemanJRC
2010-03-31, 08:08 PM
I just changed brown bear to black bear and mammoth to African elephant. It seemed better to me.

Moon Wolf
2010-03-31, 08:13 PM
You could do hyenas! They're common in deserts. Or desert dogs.

Where do you people get the latest chapters? Gah, the suspense is killing me! :smalltongue:

Callos_DeTerran
2010-03-31, 08:14 PM
I am...unsure how okay I am with Jiton...on the one hand, they seem well-thought out with obvious drawbacks to them. But even then they ARE Time jutsu which...can even inadvertently be the source of all sorts of problems just by accident. And, being time manipulation, those problems can be massive. Give me some time to think about them. :smallfrown:

13_CBS
2010-03-31, 08:15 PM
I am...unsure how okay I am with Jiton...on the one hand, they seem well-thought out with obvious drawbacks to them. But even then they ARE Time jutsu which...can even inadvertently be the source of all sorts of problems just by accident. And, being time manipulation, those problems can be massive. Give me some time to think about them. :smallfrown:

Well, one thing to consider is that, due to Temporal Feedback, the timeline is pretty much never messed around with, except in the case of Rewind which only affects things that happened 10 seconds before. Since no one remembers the rewinding except for Toki, the effects of Rewind really directly affect only him. Everything else is just speeding things up or slowing things down.

IcemanJRC
2010-03-31, 08:16 PM
You could do hyenas! They're common in deserts. Or desert dogs.

Where do you people get the latest chapters? Gah, the suspense is killing me! :smalltongue:

Way ahead of you...

I love Hyenas...:smallbiggrin:

13_CBS
2010-03-31, 08:17 PM
Way ahead of you...

I love Hyenas...:smallbiggrin:

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/2800000/scars-hyenas-the-lion-king-2801552-688-400.jpg

Comedy!

IcemanJRC
2010-03-31, 08:18 PM
Yes, those hyenas specificly...

I just remembered the new show on the Disney cruislines I got to preview, it's cool...

Moon Wolf
2010-03-31, 08:29 PM
Oh. My. God. Sasodei is baa-aack! :smalltongue:

Prime32
2010-03-31, 08:35 PM
@New chapter: "You will meet an octopus." Yay! :smallbiggrin:

Also: ohcrapohcrapohcrap. :smalleek:

KnightDisciple
2010-03-31, 08:40 PM
@New chapter: "You will meet an octopus." Yay! :smallbiggrin:

Also: ohcrapohcrapohcrap. :smalleek:

"Oh Crap" doesn't even begin to cover this one. Not in the slightest. This is....this is like a couple chapters ago in bleach, as far as the "pinging the bad stuff o-meter". Freaky **** is about to go down.

...Wonder what corpses he used....Because we know none of those are the original corpses...

Moon Wolf
2010-03-31, 08:46 PM
Dude, the 'octopus' is probably referring to KillerBee's hachibi...right? At least, that's how I interpreted it...

KnightDisciple
2010-03-31, 10:16 PM
Ought to spoiler that, Moon Wolf. Some people may not be that far.

At first glance, this is really bad.

It brings Akatsuki back to nearly full strength, with them lacking only Hidan and Konan from before.

But on further examination, it's either a.)not as bad as we think, or b.)a sign things will be drawn out for a while.

Why?

Consider this: Of those now brought back, only Deidara and Itachi are at peak or nearly peak condition (assuming Itachi isn't missing his eyes, which is doubtful, considering how this jutsu works).

Kakuzu will be around 60% effective; he's powerful, but he'll likely have only 1 heart. He may not even be able to add more, considering his, ah, condition.

And Sasori and Nagato will be nearly useless.

Sasori is in a regular fleshy body, and has no puppets. He likely won't be able to make himself into a puppet again (I point to his...condition). He will have to spend lots of time making more puppets, even if they're just regular ones, and not people-puppets.

And Nagato...doesn't have any of his, well, "stuff". He doesn't have that weird harness thing which he used to control his bodies from. He doesn't have any of those chakra rods, either loose or in himself. And most importantly, he doesn't have any of the 6 Paths bodies. Thus, he is left with only the Rinnegan. Admittedly powerful...but he also looked like he was 1 step above "moving skeleton".

So, either these guys aren't going to be the threat we think....Or this is going to take a while longer (at the very least, longer "in-universe").

Innis Cabal
2010-03-31, 10:23 PM
Itachi won't have his eyes. Sauske has them.

KnightDisciple
2010-03-31, 10:28 PM
I thought that at first, but consider. The First and Second Hokage were brought back completely in tact, with all knowledge, jutsu, and bloodline abilities. And it wasn't even with the original corpses. Which may well be dust by now.

I mean, I doubt any of these are original corpses. Nagato's body was with Konan, who would have put up a hell of a fight. Even Kabutomaru would have had some trouble. Kakuzu's body is in Konoha. Deidara blew himself to ash. Sasori's body was/is a puppet...that Kankuro now uses. And Itachi's body is...likely in the lab they're standing at the entrance to.

Maybe I'm wrong. But I'd wager Itachi will have eyes, and they'll be at least 3-tomoe Sharingan, if not Mangekyo Sharingan.

Because presumably this Edo Tensei works just like the last one, and uses a completely different body, with crazy ninja necromancy, to then make a new body for the "soul" or...something. Hard to say. But yeah. That's my bet, that Itachi's body has eyes. Might be wrong, but there it is.

Innis Cabal
2010-03-31, 10:35 PM
Not disputing he'll have eyes. I'm saying he won't have his own eyes, because Sauske is using them currently. He'll have HAX powers regardless. I must say I'm not nearly as freaked as everyone else. I just find it trite.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-04-01, 12:48 AM
Of those now brought back, only Deidara and Itachi are at peak or nearly peak condition (assuming Itachi isn't missing his eyes, which is doubtful, considering how this jutsu works).

See below. :smallwink:

Kakuzu will be around 60% effective; he's powerful, but he'll likely have only 1 heart. He may not even be able to add more, considering his, ah, condition.

It's a non-issue. Remember how the Second and First were able to regrow lost limbs like it was a non-issue? The fact that he lacks his in life ability is irrelevant considering he'll have even better longevity in a fight. Especially considering how none of the heroes have a way to off ANY of new villains.

And Sasori and Nagato will be nearly useless.

Sasori is in a regular fleshy body, and has no puppets. He likely won't be able to make himself into a puppet again (I point to his...condition). He will have to spend lots of time making more puppets, even if they're just regular ones, and not people-puppets.

It'd actually be easier for him to make people-puppets since the supplies or actual combat puppets are likely to be noticed when bought. More to the point there are...114 puppets lying in a cave in the River country, there'd be 115 but Kankuro obviously took Sasori's shell. Plenty of spare parts to work with.

And Nagato...doesn't have any of his, well, "stuff". He doesn't have that weird harness thing which he used to control his bodies from. He doesn't have any of those chakra rods, either loose or in himself. And most importantly, he doesn't have any of the 6 Paths bodies. Thus, he is left with only the Rinnegan. Admittedly powerful...but he also looked like he was 1 step above "moving skeleton".

If anything, Nagato is even more dangerous now. He is no longer a cripple. He no longer is constrained by his jutsu taking up his lifespan. And most importantly, he may very well be capable of using the 'combat-version' of the Nine Illusory Dragon seal once more. You know, the one that rips out souls when the fast ghost dragon touches you? Not to mention, he's likely capable of using all of the jutsu he was capable of using through the Pain bodies.

If anything, I can't help but think how those four make for excellent one-on-one duels.

Nagato-corpse and Naruto
Sasori and Sakura
Itachi and Sasuke
Kakuzu and Shikamaru
Deidara and Kakashi

Silverraptor
2010-04-01, 01:04 AM
Hey, guys.

Alot seemed to have happened from yesterday. Anyways, I just skimmed, so anyone want to summurize what happened recently?

All I noticed was that Purple has a plot or something. What's that about?

13_CBS
2010-04-01, 01:23 AM
Alot seemed to have happened from yesterday. Anyways, I just skimmed, so anyone want to summurize what happened recently?

All I noticed was that Purple has a plot or something. What's that about?

Long story short...

1) We have a new player, Lord Raziere. Kidney harvest time!

2) Updates on the Exam thread.

3) Innis is moving in early May; he expects to lose internet access around May 4th.

4) Purple Rose is cooking up another sweet idea in the form of a separate Episode, involving 4 new characters. Unfortunately, she's not taking any more players, I think, 5's a bit of a crowd...FYI, I think the players are Purple, Innis, Horngeek, Iceman, and me. (I posted my character for this escapade earlier in the thread, as did Iceman and Innis.)

5) New Naruto manga chapter up. We've been discussing some...things. Go read it for yourself. :smallwink:

And...I think that's about it.

horngeek
2010-04-01, 01:32 AM
My question: Will they control these five corpses?

Because Nagato... doesn't really believe in the goals of Akatsuki now, if you remember.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-04-01, 01:42 AM
My question: Will they control these five corpses?

Because Nagato... doesn't really believe in the goals of Akatsuki now, if you remember.

That depends on if Kabutimaru remember to make the special red tags that controls the will or not. :smallwink: Which I will find hilarious if he didn't since the first time he gives his 'soldiers' an order, he'd experience so much pain he'll wish Orochimaru HAD taken him over.

More importantly, something that seems to have been over-looked...the Second Hokage knew Edo Tensei! Why on earth would he know that?!

Lord Raziere
2010-04-01, 01:57 AM
whatevs, harvest my kidneys all you want or whatever, I'm just sitting back and waiting for an opportunity to make a discreet entrance.

Mina Kobold
2010-04-01, 09:41 AM
whatevs, harvest my kidneys all you want or whatever, I'm just sitting back and waiting for an opportunity to make a discreet entrance.

Well thank you, too bad I was way ahead of you.

You might want to see a doctor about it, though :smalltongue:

Oh and: Somebody do something in the land of Fire!

So many characters and not one is reacting.

Purple Rose
2010-04-01, 12:58 PM
Lets see... for my plot, I am waiting on Horngeek's character to be ready and I think Callos had some issues with 13's character he wanted to think over and respond to. As for characters in the main thread, their all hung up waiting for other character's to respond, I believe.

Moon Wolf
2010-04-01, 01:56 PM
Seriously, I don't care what anyone says, Kakuzu looked like a freakin' caveman in that last chapter. :smalltongue:

Maximum Zersk
2010-04-01, 01:56 PM
Hey guys, unfortunately I won't be on as much. For some reason, the internet company cancelled our internet at my house, so I might not have it for a while.

I won't be able to come on as much. Sorry!

Mina Kobold
2010-04-01, 02:00 PM
Hey guys, unfortunately I won't be on as much. For some reason, the internet company cancelled our internet at my house, so I might not have it for a while.

Dang it!

I was waiting on you with the Kazekage, curse those squarish establishment Internet-companies!

Moon Wolf
2010-04-01, 02:04 PM

Ew...the internet out there sucked when I lived there...don't feel down. There's someone else here who shares your all-consuming pain. :smalltongue:

But I was kind of imagining Mira scolding the Kazekage...god, they could be a sitcom, with the way the student keeps scolding the teacher and he never listens. :smallbiggrin:

Silverraptor
2010-04-01, 04:43 PM
Darn. Too bad I was late for Purples episode thread.:smallsigh:

Moon Wolf
2010-04-01, 05:13 PM
?

Wow, I'm so out of it today...

13_CBS
2010-04-01, 09:13 PM
*Twiddles thumbs*

So...what's new with you guys?

Moon Wolf
2010-04-01, 09:15 PM
Sssh...the threads here have all died...we're having a moment of silence. :smalltongue::smallwink:

Lord Raziere
2010-04-01, 09:17 PM
let us hope a necromancer does not come along then.

Moon Wolf
2010-04-01, 09:19 PM
This is Naruto. Plus, I'd like to see them get past Alilah. :smalltongue:

13_CBS
2010-04-01, 09:19 PM
let us hope a necromancer does not come along then.

*Wonders what the thread would look like with an application of Edo Tensei would look like*

Moon Wolf
2010-04-01, 09:21 PM
With an application of Edo Tensei? Let me tell you...

Yoshi: F*** YES!

:smalltongue:

Innis Cabal
2010-04-01, 10:33 PM
*Twiddles thumbs*

So...what's new with you guys?

Well, if your asking. Your plot to take over when I leave has been foiled. Look in the third draw down in your dresser. And thank me later.

13_CBS
2010-04-01, 11:08 PM
Well, if your asking. Your plot to take over when I leave has been foiled. Look in the third draw down in your dresser. And thank me later.

Ah, but my dorm room is so shoddy that it doesn't have a dresser.

Ha ha.

Ha ha ha!

A HA HA HA HA! Pathetic fool! Your plan has been foiled once again!

Innis Cabal
2010-04-01, 11:29 PM
Look under your bed. I believe you'll find I've out thought you once again my worthy adversary. I had one installed just for my plot.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-04-01, 11:34 PM
Hmm? Who's trying to take over now?

13_CBS
2010-04-01, 11:43 PM
Look under your bed. I believe you'll find I've out thought you once again my worthy adversary. I had one installed just for my plot.

Nope, sorry. The sheer amount of filth and trash under there will shield me from whatever explosion that will result from your bomb.

Hmm? Who's trying to take over now?

Moon Wolf's gone megalomaniac on us again.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-04-02, 12:02 AM
How many times am I going to have to put down usurpers? :smallsigh:

13_CBS
2010-04-02, 12:11 AM
How many times am I going to have to put down usurpers? :smallsigh:

Well, if you make a particularly poignant example out of Moon Wolf, I'm sure there won't be any more.

Moon Wolf
2010-04-02, 09:23 AM
Moon Wolf's gone megalomaniac on us again.

Come....closer...:smalleek::smallbiggrin:

Callos_DeTerran
2010-04-02, 10:31 AM
Come....closer...:smalleek::smallbiggrin:

...:smallsigh: Hold on, I'll get my clue-bat. :smalltongue:

Moon Wolf
2010-04-02, 10:47 AM
Not in that way, Callos. Gosh...:smallwink::smalltongue:

Mina Kobold
2010-04-03, 12:06 PM
No posts for an entire day!

We need something new, maybe some more teams could fight each other in the second exam? It's quite weird that nothing has happened to more than two teams.

Perhaps team Silk can fight someone, we need plates/Plaques/whatever-they-are

Frozen_Feet
2010-04-03, 01:26 PM
For some reason, I imagine this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKSPs5RTGAM) playing on the background of Ryoma's and Hoshiko's current chat. For those inept in Finnish, it's a story about a boy whose parents have divorced, and he ends up witnessing how his father drinks himself to death. So now I have to wonder why I picked it in the first place. :smalltongue:

Also:

Mori Ryoma: "Shiro never told you what happened to your father."
Anahera Hoshiko: "He told me enough! He told me you killed him!"
Mori Ryoma: "No, I... wait, that's exactly what I did. Sorry about that."

Silverraptor
2010-04-03, 01:26 PM
We also need Shades of Gray to take control of her characters. For that matter, we also need to check on who has a character in the second exam.

So, 13? List please.:smallamused:

Innis Cabal
2010-04-03, 01:49 PM
No posts for an entire day!

We need something new, maybe some more teams could fight each other in the second exam? It's quite weird that nothing has happened to more than two teams.

Perhaps team Silk can fight someone, we need plates/Plaques/whatever-they-are

I'm waiting for Zersk to reply to Purple. I have been...for like, a week I think. :smalltongue::smallbiggrin:

I also think we should move it to the main thread.

13_CBS
2010-04-03, 02:27 PM
We also need Shades of Gray to take control of her characters. For that matter, we also need to check on who has a character in the second exam.

So, 13? List please.:smallamused:

I had already made one in the last thread. :smalltongue:

PC Teams currently participating in the 2nd exam:

Team 1, from Konohagakure: Ito Kaede (Shades_of_Gray), Nara Hari (OverWilliam, though OverWilliam seems to be AWOL at the moment), Yua Rin (Callos_de_Terran)

Team 4, from Konohagakure: Yasuko (Purple_Rose), Watanabi Takeshi (Falgorn), Tenyama Ryuu (Zersk)

Team Silk, from Kumogakure: Nero Kachi (SilverRaptor), Kita Miku (Shades_of_Gray), Aokigami Yuu (Keveak)

Team from Sunagakure (name unknown): Matsu Moroha (godmoded by Moon_Wolf), Fuuyama Ayame (Zersk), Sunadou Kyougo (Lord_of_Asmodeus)

Team from Sunagakure (name unknown): Arezawa Kai (Dorizzit), two unknown team members

False genin team led by Ishida (name unknown): Ishida (not a genin, Innis_Cabal), two unknown false genin. Failed to show up for the 2nd exam.

False genin team led by "Momo" (name unknown): "Momo"/Chinatsu Rei (false genin, Callos_de_Terran), Kurotou Shikaku (Fan), Katsurou (Rebonack, this character seems to be AWOL)

Team from Sunagakure (name unknown): Raikou Haru (IcemanJRC), Kichiro (Callos_de_Terran), Takehiko (Sucrose)

Team Kakougan, from Iwagakure: Coro (SilverRaptor), Iwao (KnightDisciple), Gan (13_CBS)

Team Riptide, from Kirigakure: Tanaka (KnightDisciple), Yana (SilverRaptor), Hayase (13_CBS)

Still waiting on Callos for the green light on Toki.

Silverraptor
2010-04-03, 02:40 PM
Alright, good.

So who are the people who haven't posted in the episode thread? We need to prepare the angry pm's for them.:smallbiggrin:

13_CBS
2010-04-03, 02:43 PM
So who are the people who haven't posted in the episode thread? We need to prepare the angry pm's for them.:smallbiggrin:

I think you might be one of those people; Iceman, Callos, and Sucrose have posted something to which Knight and I have responded to.

Silverraptor
2010-04-03, 02:44 PM
I think you might be one of those people; Iceman, Callos, and Sucrose have posted something to which Knight and I have responded to.

I already posted for Coro in that thread.

Moon Wolf
2010-04-03, 02:44 PM
No, we don't.

Shoku coat and boots: $50.

Head cloth and eye contacts: $75.

Scaring the crap out of ******* at two in the morning: priceless.

For everything else in life, there's Mastercard. :smalltongue::smallbiggrin:

*names have been changed to protect the guilty innocent.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-04-03, 03:00 PM

And then we all posted again. So KD, Silver, and you are all at fault. :smallwink: For once it's not me!

Mina Kobold
2010-04-03, 03:01 PM
I already posted for Coro in that thread.

*Cough* Nero *Cough*

Though we need someone to fight as I said, is there a set number of teams who will get through or can we just beat up an NPC team for one of the Plates?

Callos_DeTerran
2010-04-03, 03:02 PM

And then we all posted again. So KD, Silver, and you are all at fault. :smallwink: For once it's not me!

And...I guess I'm cool with 13's time manipulator. I have some...reservations about that sort of stuff, and the ten-second one in particular...but I guess the least I could do is see them in action before demanding they change.

13_CBS
2010-04-03, 03:19 PM
And then we all posted again.

Yes, but Coro has yet to make some sort of reaction to your group's posts. THAT is what I've been waiting for.

Once Coro makes his move, Gan will.

And...I guess I'm cool with 13's time manipulator. I have some...reservations about that sort of stuff, and the ten-second one in particular...but I guess the least I could do is see them in action before demanding they change.

Alright.

Silverraptor
2010-04-03, 10:00 PM
Coro is the silent type. I couldn't figure out anything he would do then follow the other teammates example.

And I'm waiting for Shades to get on so Nero could interact with his character.

13_CBS
2010-04-03, 10:10 PM
Very well, I guess I'll post something to get things rolling again.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-04-04, 08:59 AM
Silverraptor, Shades won't be coming back to this game, he just doesn't have much interest in it. In that same line, a spot has opened up in the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist as well.

Moon Wolf
2010-04-04, 09:46 AM
Eh, Shades is gone? Well, that sucks. Gonna miss you, Shades m'boy. :smalltongue::smallwink:

Frozen_Feet
2010-04-04, 03:30 PM
"Motah! Block off Ryoma! Don't go on the offense unless you have to! Momo, I'll stop Hoshiko's sword, you try to hold her down! She's the one on offense right now."

Is it just me, or is there something funny with Shiro's speech?

13_CBS
2010-04-04, 03:33 PM
Silverraptor, Shades won't be coming back to this game, he just doesn't have much interest in it. In that same line, a spot has opened up in the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist as well.

Hrm...I really should be doing school work/VN work instead of this, but this is an opportunity that I can't pass up...

I'll try to come up with a character later.

Edit: If no one has any further objections to Aida Toki, then I'll add him to the character registry.

Purple Rose
2010-04-04, 10:48 PM
Okay, so Zersk is MIA for a while and I still need Horngeek to make a character for my plot.

KnightDisciple
2010-04-04, 10:52 PM
Is it just me, or is there something funny with Shiro's speech?

"Motah! Block off Ryoma! Don't go on the offense unless you have to! Momo, I'll stop Hoshiko's sword, you try to hold her down! She's the one on offense right now."
No idea what you mean. >.>

Innis Cabal
2010-04-04, 10:53 PM
I was going to give it another day till I posted for Ishida.

Purple Rose
2010-04-04, 11:18 PM
Okay. Sounds like a plan. :smallcool:

Silverraptor
2010-04-05, 09:01 AM
Sucks that Shades is gone.:smallfrown: So, who wants to take over his character?

KnightDisciple
2010-04-05, 09:03 AM
Sucks that Shades is gone.:smallfrown: So, who wants to take over his character?

*Points up a couple of posts* Sounds like 13 is going to create another character for the spot. I'll try to brainstorm with Callos over the best way to introduce him when things are lined up.

Silverraptor
2010-04-05, 09:07 AM
*Points up a couple of posts* Sounds like 13 is going to create another character for the spot. I'll try to brainstorm with Callos over the best way to introduce him when things are lined up.

Okay. Thanks 13.:smallsmile:

13_CBS
2010-04-05, 09:09 AM
I don't want to hog a character as big and important as one of the Seven Swordsmen, though...if anyone else wants to make a character instead, I'll be more than willing to step aside.

Kasanip
2010-04-05, 09:12 AM
I don't want to hog a character as big and important as one of the Seven Swordsmen, though...if anyone else wants to make a character instead, I'll be more than willing to step aside.

"There's only one person that's big and important in the seven swordsmen."
http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af188/umbrellako/Other%20Oekaki/mo03.png

Silverraptor
2010-04-05, 09:12 AM

Why? Is Hoshiko going to die?

13_CBS
2010-04-05, 09:15 AM
Why? Is Hoshiko going to die?

Huh? :smallconfused: No, it's just that I kind of got lucky in "securing" a spot in the Seven Swordsmen since I just happened to be checking the forum at the right time, and I was just wondering if anyone else also wanted to make a character for the Seven Swordsmen.

"There's only one person that's big and important in the seven swordsmen."

I'm sure. :smallamused:

Silverraptor
2010-04-05, 09:18 AM
Ya, but I'm trying to find out why there would be an opening for a swordsman?:smallconfused:

KnightDisciple
2010-04-05, 09:22 AM
Ya, but I'm trying to find out why there would be an opening for a swordsman?:smallconfused:

...Because if Shades has stopped playing this game (which he has), we might as well retire Endo Daichi, and let someone (be it 13, or someone else) else be a member of the 7.

Sucrose
2010-04-05, 09:23 AM

Because ShadesOfGray has quit the game, meaning that his swordsman character no longer exists. Anyway, are Coro's rocks really fast enough to deflect an arrow-speed object that's not directed at him? Particularly when reaction time is included?:smallconfused:

The speed reference that I gave was not just hyperbole.

Edit: ninja'd. How fitting.:smallwink:

Kasanip
2010-04-05, 09:24 AM
We really have five, and then Kanaye... he's a little more active than Endo :smallconfused:

Silverraptor
2010-04-05, 09:24 AM
...Because if Shades has stopped playing this game (which he has), we might as well retire Endo Daichi, and let someone (be it 13, or someone else) else be a member of the 7.

Ah! That makes sense.:smallcool:

13_CBS
2010-04-05, 09:27 AM
So...yeah. If anyone else wants to make a Swordsman, go right ahead. If no one wants it, I'll be happy to take it.

Silverraptor
2010-04-05, 09:39 AM
Take it! Take it!

Your one of the best candidates for one, 13!:smallbiggrin:

Callos_DeTerran
2010-04-05, 10:03 AM
Ah! That makes sense.:smallcool:

KD has the right of it, I asked Shades about it over IM yesterday and specifically about the Swordsmen problem and he agreed to letting someone else take Daichi's spot.

As to the 'who' for whom takes the spot, I leave that up to the community to provide an interesting idea. :smallwink:

Kasanip
2010-04-05, 10:29 AM
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af275/umbrellako2/mmreck.jpg
"We're not looking for show stealing swordsmen."

Silverraptor
2010-04-05, 01:43 PM
So, does that mean Hoshiko is going to end up killing Daichi in her insane rage? That would solve the problem on how to get rid of Daichi.

KnightDisciple
2010-04-05, 01:46 PM
So, does that mean Hoshiko is going to end up killing Daichi in her insane rage? That would solve the problem on how to get rid of Daichi.

Daichi's not even with the other swordsmen. He stayed behind when Shades was losing interest, but still theoretically hadn't dropped.

Like I said, we'll figure something out.

Maximum Zersk
2010-04-05, 08:05 PM
Hey guys, back. Too lazy to read through the threads, what's been happening?

13_CBS
2010-04-05, 08:17 PM

Last time on Naruto ITP:

Team Riptide: "Evulz!"

Team Granite: "It's a trap!"

Kichiro, Takehiko, Raikou: "It's indeed a trap!"

Rest of the genin: "Exams suck."

Kigeku: "A new challenger has appeared!"

Tomoya and N13: "Shopping!"

Hoshiko: "I am deeply angered and feel betrayed by the revelation that Ryoma has confessed to murdering my father in the distant past, and would like to settle these grievances in a civilized, mannerly way." 1
1Translation: *extreme violence*

...and Shades of Gray apparently has dropped out, or at least dropped out of the Seven Swordsmen thread. Thus, there's an opening for a new Swordsman.

13_CBS
2010-04-05, 10:43 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I actually have some questions about the Seven...

1) What is the overall "moral" attitude of the Seven? Are they mostly selfless and/or heroic? Are they mercenary? Heartlessly cruel? How willing are they to, for example, go out of their way to help someone? How willing are they to inflict pain and suffering?

2) What is their current reputation in the ninja world? Good? Bad? Feared? Ignored? Unknown?

3) How recognizable are they? If, say, your run of the mill chuunin were to come across one or more of the Seven, would they be all like, "Woah, it's (one of) the Seven!" or, "Oh hello, generic ninja with sword. How've you been?" What about ninja from Kirigakure?

Innis Cabal
2010-04-05, 11:58 PM

Waiting for you to reply to Purple in the Episode thread so our characters can progress into their fight.

Kasanip
2010-04-06, 03:35 AM
Sorry for the double post, but I actually have some questions about the Seven...

1) What is the overall "moral" attitude of the Seven? Are they mostly selfless and/or heroic? Are they mercenary? Heartlessly cruel? How willing are they to, for example, go out of their way to help someone? How willing are they to inflict pain and suffering?

They are violent and dangerous, but honestly are very nice to each other. Momo is the most selfless of all :smallamused:

2) What is their current reputation in the ninja world? Good? Bad? Feared? Ignored? Unknown?

They are 'wild card' - feared for their skill, but 'mercenary'...so maybe approachable.

3) How recognizable are they? If, say, your run of the mill chuunin were to come across one or more of the Seven, would they be all like, "Woah, it's (one of) the Seven!" or, "Oh hello, generic ninja with sword. How've you been?" What about ninja from Kirigakure?

They are certainly wanted criminals.
I know my intention was that, part of the reason Momo is always in kid form is that it is her 'disguise' so people don't recognize her. I would think some, like maybe Shiro and Hoshiko (her sword), may be more recognizable than others (like Momo, Kanaye, or Motah) who either joined later, or are actively doing something to reduce being noticed.
I guess I think it would be something to talk with the player of the chuunin what they may know.

Moon Wolf
2010-04-06, 07:10 AM
There you people go...you get to see Kaguya and Alilah fight! :smalltongue:

Silverraptor
2010-04-06, 09:06 AM
Two things:

1) We need someone to take over Shades character on Team Silk.

2) Is there someone who would take over Falgorn's character, Takeshi? If not, I will.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-04-06, 09:13 AM

1) Childlike-selfishness for Hoshiko. She works for money, will kill people who get in the way, but views the other Swordsmen as family while having an overly fond interest in candy. Hell, Kyo secured her help in killing Yoshi because he promised vast amounts of sweets to her.

2) I'd figure it's somewhere between 'Bad' and 'Feared' myself. They are missing-nin, something usually considered a horrible to bad thing in the ninja world. But they are also rather skilled and really good at working together which makes it...difficult to fight them. Shinobi from Kiri (if loyal) likely despise them, what with their views on loyalty (as written in the wiki), or if they aren't loyal admire them for avoiding the Hunter-nin for so long. really depends on the ninja in other words.

3) Depends on the swordsman...Motah, Momo, Kanaye, and Shiro don't do much to stand out. Though a sword-wielding genin IS a bit peculiar. Daichi is/was probably the most recognizable of them being...really big with a rather striking arm. Ryoma stands out like a sore thumb as well, what with looking like a mummy and all. Hoshiko would be as unremarkable as the above four but Daisuijiken is a rather peculiar sword and her mannerisms are off.

Hoshiko: "I am deeply angered and feel betrayed by the revelation that Ryoma has confessed to murdering my father in the distant past, and would like to settle these grievances in a civilized, mannerly way." 1
1Translation: *extreme violence*

"Whaaa~? I don't even know what half of that means!"

Frozen_Feet
2010-04-06, 09:35 AM

Ryoma is relatively affable. He used to kill for fun and profit. During his "retirement", he has dropped the profit part, for the benefit of poor folks and dismay of other mercenaries.

As a group, I'd say bad and feared, even legendarily so. Invidual members run the whole gamut.

I'd actually say Motah is one of the more recognizable members, as he's quite aggressive about his job and possesses a very unique combat style.

Ryoma is of course very visible, but he is pulling a sort of refuge in audacity - he's old and notorious enough for there to be halloween-costume-equivalents of him, and some kunoichi might use her to scare their children. Who really believes the funny old guy offering drinks to everyone is a legendary war criminal?

KnightDisciple
2010-04-06, 09:38 AM
Kasanip and Callos have already spoken, but I'll go from the "Shiro Angle", as it were.

1) What is the overall "moral" attitude of the Seven? Are they mostly selfless and/or heroic? Are they mercenary? Heartlessly cruel? How willing are they to, for example, go out of their way to help someone? How willing are they to inflict pain and suffering?Overall, as the others said, they're dangerous, violent people. Shiro is still fairly selfish, if not for himself, than for his group. Any people outside the Swordsmen (or really, besides Momo, Hoshiko, and Ryoma) are a notably secondary concern.
His willingness to help kind of depends on his mood. If there are thugs beating a dude up in an alley, it's a toss up if he'll help the victim. If it's a pretty lady, it's nearly assured; otherwise, it's a coin toss.
On the flip side, he doesn't go out of his way to be violent, cruel, etc. to anyone besides his designated targets. His default operating mode is "cool and uncaring". He thinks needless cruelty (ie, not to defend self or the group, or performed on a specific target) is beneath ones such as the Seven Swordsmen. He dislikes Motah's petty theft. Not because he has some great moral imperative against stealing (notice he didn't stop Motah physically). He just thinks it's petty. It's what cements Motah in his mind as "not really worthy of the Swordsmen". (No offense, Silver!:smalltongue::smallwink:)

2) What is their current reputation in the ninja world? Good? Bad? Feared? Ignored? Unknown?Like the others said: Feared, but known to be mercenary. They're the Seven Swordsmen after all.:smalltongue:

3) How recognizable are they? If, say, your run of the mill chuunin were to come across one or more of the Seven, would they be all like, "Woah, it's (one of) the Seven!" or, "Oh hello, generic ninja with sword. How've you been?" What about ninja from Kirigakure?Shiro is typically easy to spot as a ninja, but hard to identify beyond that, unless someone has the bingo book mugshots memorized. His face isn't particularly remarkable, so long as he doesn't show off his teeth. Kusanagi stores as a dagger, so it doesn't stand out unless he's using it.
The one "tell" he has is his summons; few people use weasels. He's know to use weasels. Do the math.

Silverraptor
2010-04-06, 04:34 PM

Motah is essentially really greedy and cocky. Think of him as a more uncaring version of Han Solo.

Generally, pretty bad. Motah does things mainly for money and doesn't show any real restraint from killing people in his way.

Motah is actually well known with how he does things. Otherwise he wouldn't have the highly popular infamous nickname "Raging Fire".:smallwink:

@Knight: No offense taken. It's all good and fun that Motah and Shiro are always at odds and ends with each other.:smallbiggrin: It's one of the few things that we can actually use as humor plots.:smalltongue:

Sucrose
2010-04-06, 05:29 PM
If I'm taking too many actions, let me know, and I'll remove the offending post in an hour and a half.

13_CBS
2010-04-07, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the info. :smallbiggrin:

So no one else wants to make a Seven Swordsmen character? :smallconfused: I'm...surprised. I thought people would be leaping for the chance...

@ Callos, Purple, and Innis: is the battle between Ishida and Yasuko happening within Proctor-observable grounds? I'm wondering why none of the proctors have been suspicious about the disqualified Ishida running around attacking people. :smallconfused:

Innis Cabal
2010-04-07, 12:44 AM
@ Callos, Purple, and Innis: is the battle between Ishida and Yasuko happening within Proctor-observable grounds? I'm wondering why none of the proctors have been suspicious about the disqualified Ishida running around attacking people. :smallconfused:

Well, Ishida himself wasn't disqualified, the alias and co. were.

Presumably, the proctors should be dealing with the diversion Ishida created for just a chance they -might- catch on to what he's doing. Unless it was dealt with and I missed that post.

Purple Rose
2010-04-07, 12:46 AM
Probably for the same reason they didn't catch onto Orochimaru during the cannon exams. <.< >.> Plot. :smallwink:

KnightDisciple
2010-04-07, 12:47 AM
Was there a post that specified the hog illusion distraction was started? How long ago was that in relation to the moment now?

He may be off observed areas at the moment (it's been established there's not 360 coverage), but it's not impossible they'd figure out something is going on. They'll be "conveniently late", more so than "so stupidly incompetent they never suspect anything".

At least, that's the way I see it.

Lord Raziere
2010-04-07, 12:48 AM
Thanks for the info. :smallbiggrin:

So no one else wants to make a Seven Swordsmen character? :smallconfused: I'm...surprised. I thought people would be leaping for the chance...

normally I would, but I still feel too "new" around here, and I feel that making a 7S character would be infringing a little too early.

13_CBS
2010-04-07, 12:54 AM
Well, Ishida himself wasn't disqualified, the alias and co. were.

Presumably, the proctors should be dealing with the diversion Ishida created for just a chance they -might- catch on to what he's doing. Unless it was dealt with and I missed that post.

That's true, and I did miss the "boars rutting" illusion...but how long can the illusion be kept up? I don't know much about the mating process of boars, but depending on how long it's been since the illusion went up, boar-sex can only go on for so long :smalleek:

Probably for the same reason they didn't catch onto Orochimaru during the cannon exams. <.< >.> Plot. :smallwink:

...but they did catch on, though. :smallconfused: Anko was alerted of the Grass genin corpses, and so she went off into the forest to catch Orochimaru.

(Plus, Orochimaru was one of the 3 Sages; fooling security cameras probably wasn't too hard for him.)

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-07, 12:55 AM

Hmmm...maybe. I have a character I'm using for something else that is very sword-oriented, so I might be able to bring him over. The thing is, his abilities in his current state deal with manipulating shadows. Like moving them, moving through them, and using them to see. He is blindfolded, and he uses the shadows to see everything. Normally, he carries five swords with him. Guess I'd have to reduce that.

I'll think about it.

You know, do any other characters have anything dealing with shadows? Not Shikamaru style. But what I said for my character. Who's name is Selvik.

Innis Cabal
2010-04-07, 12:58 AM

I'm going to go with this, honestly. If coverage isn't 360...why break up an intended fight purely because you can when its more then possible its not even being -viewed-.

He may be off observed areas at the moment (it's been established there's not 360 coverage), but it's not impossible they'd figure out something is going on. They'll be "conveniently late", more so than "so stupidly incompetent they never suspect anything".

Well, its pretty clear its not meant to be a full "haha I slipped past all your defenses" sort of thing...not sure how it was precived as such as he actively had to work on getting through in the first place.

But, as to how I feel on it, see above. I don't mind the "Late" part, but the battle's end has been decided so, it won't change that really.

That's true, and I did miss the "boars rutting" illusion...but how long can the illusion be kept up? I don't know much about the mating process of boars, but depending on how long it's been since the illusion went up, boar-sex can only go on for so long

Well, there were more then just one...at least I'm pretty sure I made it plural...I might not have but it was intended as such. So, sorry if I didn't.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-04-07, 01:03 AM
That's true, and I did miss the "boars rutting" illusion...but how long can the illusion be kept up? I don't know much about the mating process of boars, but depending on how long it's been since the illusion went up, boar-sex can only go on for so long :smalleek:

We are not going to discuss boar mating habits on this thread. :smalltongue: I draw the line here, gentlemen and women. I have no desire to learn how long it takes a boar to do the dirty deed, cause I know someone is going to look it up as a point of reference.

(Plus, Orochimaru was one of the 3 Sages; fooling security cameras probably wasn't too hard for him.)

Also, the one of canon didn't have video cameras scattered about the Forest of Death.

13_CBS
2010-04-07, 01:04 AM
But, as to how I feel on it, see above. I don't mind the "Late" part, but the battle's end has been decided so, it won't change that really.

Of course; I didn't mean to trash your party (apologies if it sounded like it was). It's just late over here, I'm tired, and I can't think right at the moment. :smallfrown:

Well, there were more then just one...at least I'm pretty sure I made it plural...I might not have but it was intended as such. So, sorry if I didn't.

Fair enough.

Innis Cabal
2010-04-07, 01:06 AM
Of course; I didn't mean to trash your party (apologies if it sounded like it was). It's just late over here, I'm tired, and I can't think right at the moment. :smallfrown:.

No need to say sorry, it was more intended for KD's line of questioning, not your own.

13_CBS
2010-04-07, 01:10 AM
We are not going to discuss boar mating habits on this thread. :smalltongue: I draw the line here, gentlemen and women. I have no desire to learn how long it takes a boar to do the dirty deed, cause I know someone is going to look it up as a point of reference.

NarutoITP: Contemplating kidney harvests is fine! Discussing boar mating is not.

Also, the one of canon didn't have video cameras scattered about the Forest of Death.

...really? :smallconfused: I could have sworn that they had video cameras here and there.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-04-07, 01:10 AM
Hmmm...maybe. I have a character I'm using for something else that is very sword-oriented, so I might be able to bring him over. The thing is, his abilities in his current state deal with manipulating shadows. Like moving them, moving through them, and using them to see. He is blindfolded, and he uses the shadows to see everything. Normally, he carries five swords with him. Guess I'd have to reduce that.

I'll think about it.

You know, do any other characters have anything dealing with shadows? Not Shikamaru style. But what I said for my character. Who's name is Selvik.

None, yet, have had a jutsu sort like that (though I've thought about it on occasion). :smallwink: I'm on the opinion that 13 and Kerfuffle should both make their Swordsmen and then either a) fight to the death in an 'audition' or b) get voted on here for which becomes one of the 7 Swordsmen of the Mist and which doesn't get the fancy title.

...really? :smallconfused: I could have sworn that they had video cameras here and there.

They had video cameras inside the central tower to tell them when genin arrived, I don't remember any of their monitors showing the forest itself.

Innis Cabal
2010-04-07, 01:14 AM
NarutoITP: Contemplating kidney harvests is fine! Discussing boar mating is not.

Oddly enough, it led a MSN convo to create the term "Horizontal Truffle". So I now have to echo. We won't be discussing the mating patterns of porcine creatures in the OOC thread statement.

Purple Rose
Was there a post that specified the hog illusion distraction was started? How long ago was that in relation to the moment now?

At least, that's the way I see it.

There was a post. And though it's been a while out of game since it went up, the characters involved have been stuck waiting on other people to post, so there is a relatively small time line working here.

... I... assumed rutting referred to how board dig up the ground in search of food and whatnot... :smalleek: .-.

...but they did catch on, though. :smallconfused: Anko was alerted of the Grass genin corpses, and so she went off into the forest to catch Orochimaru.

Hyperbole.

I'm going to go with this, honestly. If coverage isn't 360...why break up an intended fight purely because you can when its more then possible its not even being -viewed-.

Well, its pretty clear its not meant to be a full "haha I slipped past all your defenses" sort of thing...not sure how it was precived as such as he actively had to work on getting through in the first place.

Going to second this sentiment. Sure, the observers could have spotted it, though it was never posted after the initial post, but... what exactly would the purpose of it be aside from a somewhat arbitrary application of OOC clerical duties? Sure they can be interrupted, but would it make for the best story? Especially considering this is a bit of plot between me and Innis. :/

I guess... If the need to intervene for propriety's sake is felt then go ahead, but if you would be willing to entertain the plot as is without troublesome interference, I would very much appreciate it. :smallredface:

KerfuffleMach2
I like both ideas, Callos. And even if Selvik didn't get the title, I think I'd keep him around anyways. He should be fun to play.

So, guess I'll get started on making him.

On his post, should I put "potential Swordsman", or something like that?

Innis Cabal
2010-04-07, 01:16 AM
... I... assumed rutting referred to how board dig up the ground in search of food and whatnot... :smalleek: .-.

Rut

–noun
1.the periodically recurring sexual excitement of the deer, goat, sheep, etc.
–verb (used without object)
2.to be in the condition of rut.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!! Now quick! To the Bleach threads! Only -they- have the power to cleanse your brain!!!

13_CBS
2010-04-07, 01:18 AM
None, yet, have had a jutsu sort like that (though I've thought about it on occasion). :smallwink: I'm on the opinion that 13 and Kerfuffle should both make their Swordsmen and then either a) fight to the death in an 'audition' or b) get voted on here for which becomes one of the 7 Swordsmen of the Mist and which doesn't get the fancy title.

I would argue that the voting method would be best, with you and the current Swordsmen players having the biggest say. (Besides, the audition method's probably going to require a vote anyway.)

They had video cameras inside the central tower to tell them when genin arrived, I don't remember any of their monitors showing the forest itself.

Fair enough.

Warning: due to schoolwork, I'm afraid that I won't be able to get a character posted until Thursday at the earliest. :smallfrown:

Going to second this sentiment. Sure, the observers could have spotted it, though it was never posted after the initial post, but... what exactly would the purpose of it be aside from a somewhat arbitrary application of OOC clerical duties? Sure they can be interrupted, but would it make for the best story? Especially considering this is a bit of plot between me and Innis. :/

I guess... If the need to intervene for propriety's sake is felt then go ahead, but if you would be willing to entertain the plot as is without troublesome interference, I would very much appreciate it. :smallredface:

Oh! I most certainly don't want to interrupt your and Innis' story :smalleek: I'm just tired, and thought that I saw a plot hole (and I have a burning, burning grudge against plot holes)--it obviously isn't the case, though.

Pretend that I didn't say anything about the matter. (Except for the boar rutting part: watching you guys scramble for the brain bleach is hilarious. :smallamused:)

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-07, 01:48 AM
So, I have a few questions about being a Swordsmen.

With this apparent opening of a Swordsmen position, does that mean one of the previous ones died? If so, who?

Is it alright if I have Selvik not wear any headband? Mostly to make his home area a mystery.

Also, for now, I didn't put any affiliation with the Swordsmen. Mostly cause that's not set.

Okay, his post is up. Could I ask you guys to review it?

Kasanip
2010-04-07, 08:24 AM
For those who want to submit a new swordsman...if you would please write down a little bit on how do you think they will fit in with the group, it would be nice to see. :smallsmile: How would they react to Shiro, or Motah, or Momo and Hoshiko...

And if you don't post your character sheet here for review, could you please link it? Thank you! :smallredface:

Shades of Gray
2010-04-07, 08:45 AM
So, I have a few questions about being a Swordsmen.

With this apparent opening of a Swordsmen position, does that mean one of the previous ones died? If so, who?

Nobody died, I just left this game. Daichi likely went off on his own, being independent of the swordsmen (most were just getting on his nerves anyway.)

Silverraptor
2010-04-07, 09:06 AM
For those who want to submit a new swordsman...if you would please write down a little bit on how do you think they will fit in with the group, it would be nice to see. :smallsmile: How would they react to Shiro, or Motah, or Momo and Hoshiko...

And if you don't post your character sheet here for review, could you please link it? Thank you! :smallredface:

Yes, I second this.

If those who are creating characters look at the current swordsman, you'll see each has relative relations to each other. Such as Motah's mild crush on Momo while she's in adult form, or Motah and Shiro constantly at odds and ends with each other.

Frozen_Feet
2010-04-07, 09:54 AM
Why I'm suddenly convinced Ishida wants Yasuko dead because she dumped him?

Moon Wolf
2010-04-07, 10:10 AM

Oh noooo...:smallwink:

Purple Rose
2010-04-07, 11:13 AM

It was a sordid affair. Something akin to Wuthering Heights. But with less incest.

Frozen_Feet
2010-04-07, 03:24 PM
New Naruto chapter is on on Manga Stream. Who do you think Kabuto had in that chest? My bets are on a) Madara's brother, and b) the real Madara Uchiha. Does anyone else consider it suspicious Kabuto still refers to Madara as Tobi?

Innis Cabal
2010-04-07, 03:37 PM
Zetsu also calls Madara Tobi. Its a plausible theory...but I don't know. I've seen some suggest Jiriya.

Prime32
2010-04-07, 04:02 PM
My bet is on
Madara Uchiha's original body - "Tobi" is his ghost. Either that or the Sage of the Six Paths.

13_CBS
2010-04-07, 06:03 PM
Hmm...you know, I did actually say that I'd step aside if anyone else wanted to make a Swordsman. I'm going to withdraw from making one, so I guess at the moment Kerfluffle is the only cadidate a seventh Swordsman.

Lord Raziere
2010-04-07, 06:44 PM
ey guys, I've almost got the thing for the Jounin guy who taught Kigeku finished, I just need some help.

namely, dust elemental affinity, how do ya think that should work? Gaara already demonstrated that sand type of stuff is under Earth release stuff so I'm a bit at a loss of how to make dust release stuff work.

13_CBS
2010-04-07, 06:54 PM
ey guys, I've almost got the thing for the Jounin guy who taught Kigeku finished, I just need some help.

namely, dust elemental affinity, how do ya think that should work? Gaara already demonstrated that sand type of stuff is under Earth release stuff so I'm a bit at a loss of how to make dust release stuff work.

Well, Dust has been demonstrated in the manga already...

It's essentially disintegration. The only real example we've seen so far is the Tsuchikage making a giant cube of...transparent stuff...and hitting someone with it.

Anything that makes contact with the transparent cube gets disintegrated. No muss, no fuss.

Silverraptor
2010-04-07, 07:09 PM
Hmm...you know, I did actually say that I'd step aside if anyone else wanted to make a Swordsman. I'm going to withdraw from making one, so I guess at the moment Kerfluffle is the only cadidate a seventh Swordsman.

Awww...:smallfrown: Come on, 13. Make a swordsman. We only have to wait until tomorrow, and I REALLY want to see what kind of swordsman you'd make.

Also, I was expecting someone to say something along the lines of:

Silver, you somehow managed to make a character that is dual-wielding machine guns in Naruto. Well done.

...or something along those lines.:cool:

Lord Raziere
2010-04-07, 07:11 PM
Well, Dust has been demonstrated in the manga already...

It's essentially disintegration. The only real example we've seen so far is the Tsuchikage making a giant cube of...transparent stuff...and hitting someone with it.

Anything that makes contact with the transparent cube gets disintegrated. No muss, no fuss.

ooook......I think that is little overpowered....think crystal would be good?

Callos_DeTerran
2010-04-07, 08:02 PM
ooook......I think that is little overpowered....think crystal would be good?

Crystal is what Goro uses, so I can say with some honesty it is a powerful bloodline limit to have. That said, that was a singular technique of the Dust bloodline. Ryoma is a user of that kekkei genkai as well and he can't disintegrate anyone yet. Or at least it's not easy for him.

KnightDisciple
2010-04-07, 08:11 PM
Coro

Coro looks at his opponent and then back at Iwao. Then he notices that Iwao had still delivered him what he wanted and he grinned.

Thanks Iwao! These will work just as well.

He leaps forward and positions himself so that the two rock pillars are behind him. He holds up his hands steadily, focusing on them. Quickly, they both glow slightly with chakra as he looks at all of his opponents. Then with a surprising move, he swings his arms back behind him and hits a pillar each. From the point of contact, the pillar begins to crack all the way up and around it. However, everyone notices that the cracks aren't all that natural. They were roughly the exact same and size everywhere around it.

Coro smiled at his enemies.
Now it's time for you guys to dodge around.
He holds up both arms in front of him, with his palms facing toward his enemies. He spreads his fingers apart, looking through them as if he was using them to aim. Then, Coro began to yell mightly and one by one, a small rock fragment from each pillar would shoot out at the enemies quickly and continuously. As his enemies would dodge, he would move his arms with them, to keep the rocks flying at his targets.
YAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!

The rocks already launched were mostly forgotten, for they would fly off and impact onto the rock wall baracade they errected earlier. Most would shatter upon hitting the walls with such impact, but they would leave a small dent or chip away a tiny portion each.

Uh, Silver? A couple of things.

1.)There are a whole load of random rock walls strewn across the battlefield; what was special about those pillars?

2.)Uh...while they're in 2 groups, there are more than just 2 pillars. They're twisted around Kichiro and his puppet. Which leads to...

3.)Why is he weakening the pillars holding his enemies back, after Iwao just trapped them? That seems to be a pretty glaring tactical error, one I should have spoken up on sooner.

Silverraptor
2010-04-07, 08:21 PM
Huh... I thought those pillars damaged the puppet or something. Also, I didn't think we wanted to weaken the walls on the battlefield. Should I change it to the walls?:smallconfused:

KnightDisciple
2010-04-07, 08:27 PM
Huh... I thought those pillars damaged the puppet or something. Also, I didn't think we wanted to weaken the walls on the battlefield. Should I change it to the walls?:smallconfused:

Ok. Let me give you a rough idea of things.

This battle is taking place on a street in the "town".

A section of the street is surrounded by 7' high walls of stone, about 1.5' thick. This forms a long rectangular shape.

Inside this rectangle is the fight. Scattered around the battlefield current are 4' high, 1' thick walls of stone. Probably just a few feet wide. None of them stretch all the way from one side to the other.

As well, there are two sets of stone pillars. One has the canon puppet, with the "muzzle" pointed skyward and to one side. The other has Kichiro, with arms stretched out to one side.

I would recommend using material from the 4' scattered walls.

Silverraptor
2010-04-07, 08:31 PM
Ok. Let me give you a rough idea of things.

This battle is taking place on a street in the "town".

A section of the street is surrounded by 7' high walls of stone, about 1.5' thick. This forms a long rectangular shape.

Inside this rectangle is the fight. Scattered around the battlefield current are 4' high, 1' thick walls of stone. Probably just a few feet wide. None of them stretch all the way from one side to the other.

As well, there are two sets of stone pillars. One has the canon puppet, with the "muzzle" pointed skyward and to one side. The other has Kichiro, with arms stretched out to one side.

I would recommend using material from the 4' scattered walls.

Righto! Going back to edit it then. Thank you.:smallcool:

@Purple: Since Falgorn has apparently forsaken us. I will be taking over Takeshi for him. Just send me a pm when/if you want Takeshi and Ryuu to get involved with your very special "You dumped me!" fight.:smalltongue:

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-07, 09:45 PM

Well, here's Selvik's sheet, then.

Name/Rank: Selvik aka "The Shadow Dancer", Missing-nin
Classification: A-class
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 170 lbs.
Blood Type: A
Affiliation: Self

Appearance:

Selvik is kind of on the lanky side. He wears military-style boots, dark pants, and a sleeveless shirt. He also wears a black blindfold. He has dark hair that is cut short and spiked up. He has two leather straps that cross each other over his chest. Both straps have a buckle. These hold the sheath for his swords.

Most of his visible skin is covered in black, swirling tattoos, very similar to "tribal" style. These even travel up to his face, visible both above and below his blindfold.

He keeps a pouch for kunai on his belt, but he never uses them much.

Personality:

Selvik loves messing with people. He is extremely laid back, and usually won't do something unless he gains from it.

He loves to taunt his opponents. And he does that a lot.

He has a very confident air about him. Most people would probably say over-confident. But he wouldn't.

Bloodline: None known yet.

Notable Jutsu:

- Shadow Manipulation - Selvik can move shadows near him. He can even cause a shadow to climb up a person and cover their eyes. This takes more effort, as a moving person makes it more difficult. He can raise a shadow off of the ground a short distance, but this is difficult. He is training with this to make that distance greater.

- Shadow Form - Selvik can step into a shadow, and literally become that shadow. He cannot stay in the shadow indefinitely, as staying in the shadow constantly uses chakra.

- Shadow Travel - Selvik can step into one shadow, and out of another. This does have a limited range, being no more than a hundred yards away. He can also throw an object into a shadow and have the same result, though the range on this is about half. He uses this jutsu in battle fairly often, diving into one shadow, then quickly appearing from another to get a quick hit in, before disappearing again. This battle style helped him earn his nickname.

Special Abilities:

- Shadow Sight - Selvik uses his shadow abilities to see everything around him. This has some disadvantages, such as the inability to read, or differentiate colors, while using this. However, this makes it easy for him to find anything hidden near him. Such as somebody trying to sneak up on him. This also means that he does not have to be facing his enemy to know where they are. Or to fight them. This also seems to reduce the effectiveness of genjutsu. But, somebody skilled with it can still get him.

- Duel Hook Swords - Selvik has trained himself extensively with his duel swords. He is extremely skilled with them. And, since he was not trained in any conventional style, he has developed creative ways of using them.

Skills:

Ninjutsu - His shadow abilities stem from here, so he is very skilled in this area.

Genjutsu - He has a fairly good knowledge of this area, but he never uses it. He finds it too boring.

Taijutsu - He uses this when needed. But he relies more on his swordplay.

As for relations, here's those.

In general, Selvik thinks of the others as both comrades and tools. He wouldn't say any of them are his friend. And he'll use any one of them as he sees fit. Course, that's mostly just for his own gain. And he'll excuse any act of kindness as "planning for the future".

Shiro: Selvik feels kinda sad for Shiro. He feels the man needs to have more fun in life. Or, at least show it. But, he also knows that Shiro will do whatever needs to be done. And he likes that.

Hoshiko: Selvik thinks Hoshiko is funny. She's fun to have around. And fun to mess with. Though, he knows not to mess with her too much. He's seen that end bad for others.

Momo: Selvik really wishes she wouldn't take on the child form. Course, he'd never say this to her, for fear of being stabbed. He respects her resolve when it comes to battles.

Motah: Selvik thinks Motah is too arrogant. Probably because he is as well. He respects Motah's abilities, but that doesn't mean he has to like him.

Mori: Selvik has his own set opinion of old people. They should stay at home and have cats, or something. However, even he'll admit that Mori has more than enough experience for several people. Won't stop him from making the old jokes, though.

Kanaye: Selvik think's he's too quiet. He'll often mess with the youngster, just to get him to be more vocal. But, just like with Hoshiko, he knows the limit.

Lord Raziere
2010-04-07, 09:50 PM
Crystal is what Goro uses, so I can say with some honesty it is a powerful bloodline limit to have. That said, that was a singular technique of the Dust bloodline. Ryoma is a user of that kekkei genkai as well and he can't disintegrate anyone yet. Or at least it's not easy for him.

so we just have to figure out how it works in general, since that was just a high-end Dust thing?

great, now to try and fill in the blanks....namely wind is slicing and earth is smashing, so how would Dust work? would it have both? neither? combination of the two? hmm.....

Silverraptor
2010-04-07, 10:55 PM
So we have another person who doesn't like Motah.:smallamused: The list is still growing then.:smalltongue:

And I would like to see what kind of character you would come up with 13.

PLEEEEEEEAASSEEE???

*Does horrible in trying to make Bambi eyes*

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-07, 11:14 PM
So we have another person who doesn't like Motah.:smallamused: The list is still growing then.:smalltongue:

But, at least with Selvik, it's cause they act the same way. Hilarity always comes with that.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-04-07, 11:35 PM
so we just have to figure out how it works in general, since that was just a high-end Dust thing?

great, now to try and fill in the blanks....namely wind is slicing and earth is smashing, so how would Dust work? would it have both? neither? combination of the two? hmm.....

I think it would be both, and how one gets the 'disintegrating' effect. The earth part of it bashes the target up while the wind part slices. Rinse, lather, repeat. Though I will say, anyone who makes one of the bloodlines that hasn't been seen in the manga/anime has their work cut out for them. For exactly this reason of 'wanting to play Dust but only having what looks like a Kage-level jutsu to base it off of'.

And yes 13, let us see what sort of Swordsman you'd make.

*Does a better job of the Bambi eyes. By way of holding Bambi's head*

Maximum Zersk
2010-04-07, 11:51 PM
Please?

*Holds up a picture from the game Eversion*
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/PBKvtQtKf0s/0.jpg
Would you resist something like this?
Of course, if your smart, you would. Heh.

Silverraptor
2010-04-08, 09:00 AM
Awww, man.:smallfrown: You guys are WAY better at doing bambi eyes then me. Although, Callos that was kinda creepy.:smalleek:

13_CBS
2010-04-08, 04:22 PM
Your attempts at Bambi eyes might work on someone with a heart and soul, but unfortunately I had long ago given those up for immortality and a jerkish demeanor. :smalltongue:

More seriously, though; I did say that I'd step aside if someone else wanted to make a Swordsman, and I must keep my word. I shouldn't be hogging all the interesting RP roles, anyway. :smalltongue:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/PBKvtQtKf0s/0.jpg

OH GOD EVERSION

WHY HAVE YOU BROUGHT MY NIGHTMARES TO LIFE

Frozen_Feet
2010-04-08, 04:48 PM
What's wrong about Eversion?

13_CBS
2010-04-08, 04:57 PM
What's wrong about Eversion?

EVERYTHING

Eversion spoiler (if you read this, the entire point of the game Eversion is spoiled, so be warned)

Take a look at that screenshot. It looks like a cutsey platformer, right?

It's...not.

Go to youtube and find a let's play of Eversion; Deceased Crab's playthrough ought to work.

13_CBS
2010-04-08, 05:06 PM
Gan really cares little for pattern recognition, doesn't he?:smallbiggrin:

His "thing" is being...kinda dumb. The only things he has going for him are his incredible strength (which is why he has yet to really land a solid blow on anyone; it'll take some doing to convert such a heavy blow into something that won't incapacitate a genin for the rest of the thread) and incredible toughness.

It's...worked out alright so far. :smalltongue: He's not dead yet, at least, even though a ninja of a weaker constitution ought to have died by now. :smallbiggrin:

Sucrose
2010-04-08, 05:09 PM
His "thing" is being...kinda dumb. The only things he has going for him are his incredible strength (which is why he has yet to really land a solid blow on anyone; it'll take some doing to convert such a heavy blow into something that won't incapacitate a genin for the rest of the thread) and incredible toughness.

It's...worked out alright so far. :smalltongue: He's not dead yet, at least, even though a ninja of a weaker constitution ought to have died by now. :smallbiggrin:

Ah, fair enough.:smalltongue:

Frozen_Feet
2010-04-08, 05:10 PM
About Eversion: I want to play, dammit! But the developer's site is down, so I can't get it.

Maximum Zersk
2010-04-08, 05:25 PM
Here, a link. (http://zarat.us/tra/offline-games/eversion.html)

Play and be careful. :smallamused:

Moon Wolf
2010-04-08, 05:27 PM
Oh, Zersk, and we aren't being careful already? :smallamused::smallwink:

Maximum Zersk
2010-04-08, 05:30 PM
Oh, Zersk, and we aren't being careful already? :smallamused::smallwink:

How careful are you?

Not enough yet.

Hmm, I'm trying to think of something for the Kazekage to say now that he found out that the Hokage isn't there.

Moon Wolf
2010-04-08, 05:38 PM
Wait, then where is the Hokage? (Can Mira come with the Kazekage perhaps? She's got nothing to do...she could show him around...That's the hotel we're staying at...please don't break our door upon entry...) :smalltongue:

Silverraptor
2010-04-08, 10:01 PM
Oh come on, 13. We all love your characters.:smallsmile:

On a different note, amoung the seven swordsman, I can't help but notice that we have atleast one in each element except lightning. We need a lightning swordsman to complete the set.:smalltongue:

Maximum Zersk
2010-04-08, 10:09 PM
Oh come on, 13. We all love your characters.:smallsmile:

On a different note, amoung the seven swordsman, I can't help but notice that we have atleast one in each element except lightning. We need a lightning swordsman to complete the set.:smalltongue:

Someone say lightning?

http://ascplteens.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/070517_lightningthief_vmed_11a-thumb-298x4473.jpg

Silverraptor
2010-04-08, 10:11 PM
YOU STOLE IT!!:smallfurious:

Then that means there's quite a big bounty on your head. Hold still, I need to collect.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-04-09, 12:33 AM
Wait, then where is the Hokage? (Can Mira come with the Kazekage perhaps? She's got nothing to do...she could show him around...That's the hotel we're staying at...please don't break our door upon entry...) :smalltongue:

The Hokage has been where he has been for a while...In the tower at the middle of the training grounds observing what he can of the exams in the rooms for him and the other Kages. :smallwink:

EDIT:

Goro: Kch. Ding dong, is the beetle man home?

Mina Kobold
2010-04-09, 08:45 AM
How careful are you?

Not enough yet.

Hmm, I'm trying to think of something for the Kazekage to say now that he found out that the Hokage isn't there.

He could react to Rakki yelling KAZEKAGE?

Moon Wolf
2010-04-09, 10:17 AM
Eh, and Miragata trailing after him like some kind of motherly figure, even though she's fifteen or more years younger than him. :smallbiggrin:

Frozen_Feet
2010-04-09, 11:47 AM
Play and be careful. :smallamused:
You know, playing it brings back delightful memories from time when I was just a kid and old MS-DOS platformers scared the hell out of me. All the traumas caused by Abuse, Cosmo and Commander Keen... fun times.

Innis Cabal
2010-04-09, 01:08 PM
Sorry for the slow reply speed Purple. Busy Busy Innis /flop

Moon Wolf
2010-04-09, 02:20 PM
I will be very very busy (perhaps not posting at all busy) starting around mid-May through until mid-June and then won't be posting for any of July...that's how busy I will be...:smalleek:

Mina Kobold
2010-04-09, 02:25 PM
I will be very very busy (perhaps not posting at all busy) starting around mid-May through until mid-June and then won't be posting for any of July...that's how busy I will be...:smalleek:

Aw, too bad :smallfrown:

My birthday's in July, this could be a bad sign... To the Tarot cards :smalltongue:

Silverraptor
2010-04-09, 06:21 PM
Goro: Kch. Ding dong, is the beetle man home?

Of course! What do you need?

Moon Wolf
2010-04-09, 07:59 PM
Leech sounding helpful. That makes him go up around five notches on the 'Creepy Meter'. :smalltongue:

horngeek
2010-04-09, 09:03 PM
By the way, I've forgotten, what happened to the Haruka/Taiki/Sokaku conversation?

KnightDisciple
2010-04-09, 09:05 PM
By the way, I've forgotten, what happened to the Haruka/Taiki/Sokaku conversation?

Callos hasn't replied in a while for it. Sokaku had made a comment about how his hands didn't look like the hands of a puppeteer. There it is sitting in stasis.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-04-10, 09:07 AM
I've gotten distracted with other things. :smalltongue:

Purple Rose
2010-04-10, 11:30 AM
Horngeek: Just wondering if you were still interested in participating in my plot or not. I know things IRL have been not too conducive to RPing of late, so I just wanted to see if you were still in or not. No pressure though.

Innis Cabal
2010-04-10, 12:41 PM
I'll have a post up tonight Purple. I promise.

Now. I'm going to do this publically because, when I woke up this morning to 2 PM's I thought "Hey! Lookie there!" Only to find it wasn't 2 from 2 different people but 2 from a single person. He knows who he is.

HOLY BLEEDING WALL OF TEXT!!!

Moon Wolf
2010-04-10, 12:53 PM
Holy bleeding wall of text?

I'm going to have to guess that one...:smallwink:

horngeek
2010-04-10, 02:22 PM
Horngeek: Just wondering if you were still interested in participating in my plot or not. I know things IRL have been not too conducive to RPing of late, so I just wanted to see if you were still in or not. No pressure though.

I very much am. :smallsmile:

Silverraptor
2010-04-10, 04:29 PM
I'll have a post up tonight Purple. I promise.

Now. I'm going to do this publically because, when I woke up this morning to 2 PM's I thought "Hey! Lookie there!" Only to find it wasn't 2 from 2 different people but 2 from a single person. He knows who he is.

I got it too Innis. And my reaction was quite similar.:smalleek:

Purple Rose
2010-04-10, 10:17 PM
Aww, I didn't get wall of text PMs. Anyways, do you have any ideas for the character yet?

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-10, 10:18 PM
So, is this Swordsman thing set, then?

If so, when should I bring him in? I don't wanna just have him wander in at any point. Wouldn't be right.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-04-10, 10:29 PM
Silver, you know when I said Goro took off, I mean took off, right? He's booking and didn't stick around for chitchat.

Maximum Zersk
2010-04-10, 10:43 PM
So, is this Swordsman thing set, then?

If so, when should I bring him in? I don't wanna just have him wander in at any point. Wouldn't be right.

I have no idea.

How 'bout after the Episode Thread is finished? Of course, Retconning Daichi might be a bit wierd..

Silverraptor
2010-04-10, 10:48 PM
Silver, you know when I said Goro took off, I mean took off, right? He's booking and didn't stick around for chitchat.

Ah, I see.

Editing.

13_CBS
2010-04-11, 07:55 PM

I got it too Innis. And my reaction was quite similar.:smalleek:

Music to my ears. :smallcool:

Callos_DeTerran
2010-04-11, 08:00 PM
It ain't music unless said wall of text was good...which in this case it was. So bravo. I still think you should submit the character.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-11, 10:38 PM
It ain't music unless said wall of text was good...which in this case it was. So bravo. I still think you should submit the character.

*nods*

I concur. Very much so.

Fan
2010-04-12, 08:06 AM
Gan

Having been blinded, Gan takes the full force of the kicks. He manages to shove Raikou back, but his breathing sounds wet and heavy with fluids, and his posture sags with pain.

It was time, he decided, to take the gloves off.

The rocks covering Gan's arms and legs fly off of him and reform into a huge hammer, long as Gan was tall and with a solid stone head bigger than Gan's own.

"RAIKOU, HIKARI NI NARE!"

He screams and charges headlong at Raikou, swinging his colossal hammer in a downward arc.

Fixed that for you. :smalltongue:

KnightDisciple
2010-04-12, 12:02 PM
Fixed that for you. :smalltongue:

Nah. No offense to 13_CBS, or Gan, but Gan isn't nearly badass enough for that.:smallwink:

Fan
2010-04-12, 01:47 PM
Nah. No offense to 13_CBS, or Gan, but Gan isn't nearly badass enough for that.:smallwink:

You apparently missed Papilion's last monolouge at the end of FINAL.

Everyone has the potential to be as bad ass as Gai, they just need to go forward, together, with the oath sworn through courage.:smallcool::smallwink:

Except Shinji Ikari outside of Fan Fiction. He is most certainly, NOT, capable of being that bad ass. Though he is an interesting character in a entirely different way.

KnightDisciple
2010-04-12, 01:51 PM

Everyone has the potential to be as bad ass as Gai, they just need to go forward, together, with the oath sworn through courage.:smallcool::smallwink:

Except Shinji Ikari outside of Fan Fiction. He is most certainly, NOT, capable of being that bad ass. Though he is an interesting character in a entirely different way.

Haven't watched FINAL yet.

Nonetheless, at this moment in time, Gan isn't quite badass enough for that attack. :smallwink:

Fan
2010-04-12, 01:53 PM
Haven't watched FINAL yet.

Nonetheless, at this moment in time, Gan isn't quite badass enough for that attack. :smallwink:

Well, the real question is. Does he know that victory goes to. THE COURAGEOUS?! :smallwink::smalltongue:

Pretaining to FINAL, Here it be if your interested. (http://www.animecrazy.net/king-of-braves-gaogaigar-final-ova)

KnightDisciple
2010-04-12, 01:57 PM
Well, the real question is. Does he know that victory goes to. THE COURAGEOUS?! :smallwink::smalltongue:

Pretaining to FINAL, Here it be if your interested. (http://www.animecrazy.net/king-of-braves-gaogaigar-final-ova)

*Shrugs*

And I have it. I just haven't sat down and watched it yet.

Fan
2010-04-12, 02:12 PM
*Shrugs*

And I have it. I just haven't sat down and watched it yet.

*shrug*

Just trying to provide to those without vast amounts of time devoted to these sorts of things.:smalltongue:

Purple Rose
2010-04-12, 08:23 PM
[Zel]

Zel meant for more of an approximation, but she doesn't press the matter.

Sounds good to me. She looks at N13. You know if you've ever had ramen?

Um...

Zel

Zel returns to the Hokage's office with a bowl of ramen for both the Hokage and N13.

Here you go, She hands N13 her bowl. And one for you, too, sir. She hands the Hokage's his.

:smalltongue:

Maximum Zersk
2010-04-12, 08:37 PM

That's a good reason to like Fan Fiction, I guess.

Shinji and Warhammer 40K. :smallbiggrin: