PDA

View Full Version : How do Thralls and Believers act? [3.5]

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-31, 12:11 PM
Are Thrallherd's Believers automatically Fanatical (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/skills.htm#diplomacy) in their attitude? The EPH says:

Thrallherds manipulate the minds of others as if they were clay in the hands of a sculptor. Some creatures are more susceptible than others to the thrallherd’s unconscious, but continual, call to service. And so they come, eager to be led, happy to follow, and completely under the thrallherd’s control.

Emphasis mine.

Thanks,

K-B

Sinfire Titan
2010-03-31, 12:14 PM
The way all Steves should act: Like the Mindslaves they are! (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Yu-Gi-OhTheAbridgedSeries)

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-05, 05:54 PM
Bumping this, any thoughts?

Lord Vukodlak
2010-04-05, 05:56 PM
Like cultist devoted to the church of the thrallherd.

Jack_Simth
2010-04-05, 05:59 PM
They act as directed. They're not technically dominated, so unless otherwise ordered, they act as normal.

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-05, 06:04 PM
They act as directed. They're not technically dominated, so unless otherwise ordered, they act as normal.

So they'll sort of sit around feeling grumpy about this weird urge they have to follow me around, then I tell them to make me a sandwich/fight to the death and they'd run though shark infested acid to do it?

That's how I basically see it, right or wrong-ish?

alisbin
2010-04-05, 07:27 PM
i think lord vukodlak has the right take, the thrallherd implants a fanatical belief in his followers. they WANT to serve the thrallherd, so they won't be unhappy unless they are forced to do something that they think will harm you, they will be ecstatic just to be in your presence. like any zealot there won't be any doubt in their mind unless someone uses magic or psionics to cancel your effect on them. when they aren't busy doing your bidding they'll do whatever they feel like, so if a believer likes to go drink coffee or watch dancing girls in his spare time, thats what he'll do. assuming you allow him spare time.
thralls... well their whatever you make them, remember a thrall is another pc under your control, but basically they'll be the same as a believer except more powerful.

Optimystik
2010-04-05, 10:11 PM
The XPH contains more text that didn't make it to the SRD:

In this way, thrallherds keep a minor menagerie of enthralled servants that are anxious to do their will.

Sounds fanatic to me.

krossbow
2010-04-05, 10:11 PM
Like cultist devoted to the church of the thrallherd.

Excuse me, do you have x'THORGgh in your life?

Lord Vukodlak
2010-04-05, 11:20 PM
Excuse me, do you have x'THORGgh in your life?

What does x'THORGgh mean?

krossbow
2010-04-05, 11:40 PM
What does x'THORGgh mean?

Generic eldritch abomination/lovecraftian horror name. Just mash a bunch of random keys and its more or less going to end up like what one of those things gets named.

Lord Vukodlak
2010-04-05, 11:43 PM
OH well in that case no, I like to keep my names semi-pronounceable

magic9mushroom
2010-04-06, 04:42 AM
Mechanically, they act like cohorts and followers. But that's RAW silliness.

I'd probably run them as charmed.

Optimystik
2010-04-06, 05:47 AM
Charmed people are friendly, not "anxious to do your will." Big difference there.

magic9mushroom
2010-04-06, 05:54 AM
Charmed people are friendly, not "anxious to do your will." Big difference there.

Hmm, I guess.