PDA

View Full Version : Dominate anf Fly powers in an E6 game

Yora
2010-03-31, 05:56 PM
I like E6 and I like psionics and it works together wonderfully.

But you can never have a telepath that is as cool as Psycho Mantis without the dominate power.

It's really just these two powers which I think are just two iconic to not have in a psionic campaign and there are really no other powers or spells of 4th level that I think really have to have in the game.

Fly is exactly the same as an arcane spell and a psionic power, so I just handwave it and make it a 3rd level power.

But Dominate is allready downscaled to get if from 5th level down to 4th. But for E6, I need it down to 3rd. And having it limited to a duration of Concentration isn't that great either.

I guess I could just come up with a special Feat that can only be taken by 6th level telepaths and allows to cast Dominate with a duration of 1 minute/level by expending ones psionic focus, but I'd like to know if there's maybe a way to do this by just using standard psionic feats?

Tinydwarfman
2010-03-31, 05:58 PM
I like E6 and I like psionics and it works together wonderfully.

But you can never have a telepath that is as cool as Psycho Mantis without the dominate power.

It's really just these two powers which I think are just two iconic to not have in a psionic campaign and there are really no other powers or spells of 4th level that I think really have to have in the game.

Fly is exactly the same as an arcane spell and a psionic power, so I just handwave it and make it a 3rd level power.

But Dominate is allready downscaled to get if from 5th level down to 4th. But for E6, I need it down to 3rd. And having it limited to a duration of Concentration isn't that great either.

I guess I could just come up with a special Feat that can only be taken by 6th level telepaths and allows to cast Dominate with a duration of 1 minute/level by expending ones psionic focus, but I'd like to know if there's maybe a way to do this by just using standard psionic feats?

Be an Ardent and boost your ML. That is the only thing which restricts an Ardent's powers.