PDA

View Full Version : Most wanted Anime/Game/Book d20 Conversions

Real Sorceror
2010-03-31, 10:08 PM
Basically what the title says. What other anime, video game, or book series would you most like to see a d20 game based off of?

If I know the source material pretty well I'd be willing to try my hand at actually creating a system for it. Classes, races, feats, spells. The nine yards.

I wouldn't exactly call myself a master, but I've been gaming for 6 years and creating homebrew material for almost as long. I've created a very extensive Pokemon d20 system (http://pokemondtwenty.wikidot.com/), as well as smaller homages to FLCL (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144611) and Big O (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147222), all of which are pretty spiffy, if I do say so myself. :smallcool:

I think both Dragonball and Bleach have been very well covered by other online users (many of them here at this forum), but I can still work those if enough people wanted it.

Xallace
2010-03-31, 11:33 PM
Well, you already got Big O, so...

Paprika.

Real Sorceror
2010-03-31, 11:41 PM
Well, you already got Big O, so...

Paprika.
Never seen it, but it sounds similar to both Paranoia Agent and Serial Experiments Lain. Definitely an interesting idea, but I'd need to research it further to really flesh it out. Probably some kind of Dreamwalker class.

The Tygre
2010-04-01, 12:00 AM
How 'bout something simple for warm up;

Do you think you could stat. up a Miyazaki monster or two? Let's saaaay... Yu Baba from Spirited Away and the Ohmu from Nausicaa. Simple enough?

Real Sorceror
2010-04-01, 01:22 AM
How 'bout something simple for warm up;

Do you think you could stat. up a Miyazaki monster or two? Let's saaaay... Yu Baba from Spirited Away and the Ohmu from Nausicaa. Simple enough?
Now that'd be fun! I think I can have that done by this weekend. :smallamused:

TheYoungKing
2010-04-01, 01:29 AM
Get back to Pokemon d20! :p

Callos_DeTerran
2010-04-01, 02:10 AM
Basically what the title says. What other anime, video game, or book series would you most like to see a d20 game based off of?

If I know the source material pretty well I'd be willing to try my hand at actually creating a system for it. Classes, races, feats, spells. The nine yards.

I wouldn't exactly call myself a master, but I've been gaming for 6 years and creating homebrew material for almost as long. I've created a very extensive Pokemon d20 system (http://pokemondtwenty.wikidot.com/), as well as smaller homages to FLCL (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144611) and Big O (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147222), all of which are pretty spiffy, if I do say so myself. :smallcool:

I think both Dragonball and Bleach have been very well covered by other online users (many of them here at this forum), but I can still work those if enough people wanted it.

I demand proper attention to History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi. :smalltongue: Possibly with Disciple, Expert, and Master classes. Clothing damage and demon alien optional rules are optional.

IcarusWings
2010-04-01, 02:33 AM
What about the Beglariad?

or Elric actually?

Both great books

Merlin

Real Sorceror
2010-04-01, 06:39 AM
What about the Beglariad?

or Elric actually?
I went straight to wikipedia and read the summaries and, while these sound amazing, I don't feel I could do either series real justice since I haven't read the books. At first bluff, Elric sounds like a Summoner while Garion seems to have an ability similar to the Wishsong from the Shannara series.

Merlin
Having read seven books dealing with Merlin as a young man, I would (surprisingly) stat him as a Druid and not a Wizard.

ErrantX
2010-04-01, 07:18 AM
Having read seven books dealing with Merlin as a young man, I would (surprisingly) stat him as a Druid and not a Wizard.

Not so surprisingly, depending on what lore you've looked into. I'd actually stat him up as a Fochlucan Lyrist, actually. Bard, magician, and druid.

-X

Dust
2010-04-01, 07:39 AM
As much as we all eagerly await the completion of Pokemon d20, if you're really jonesing for a new project consider .HACK

I admit that I barely managed to see any of the shows, but I know enough about the series to be aware what an awesome premise this is for an RPG.

On an unrelated note, I briefly remembered the Dungeons (http://discoursology.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/dungeonsdiscourse.jpg) and Discourse (http://worldofweirdthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/philosophical_dnd_600.jpg) comic from Dresden Codak, which I can't link to due to it being April Fools today and the site being...special.
Turns out someone (http://dndis.wikidot.com/start) already started it.

Xallace
2010-04-01, 07:54 AM
Never seen it, but it sounds similar to both Paranoia Agent and Serial Experiments Lain.

It was actually concocted by the same guy who directed Paranoia Agent, which may explain a few things.

scout penguin
2010-04-02, 11:46 AM
Hmm... How about Metal Gear Solid?

NPC lord
2010-04-02, 01:49 PM
How about the Black Company? I would like to see stats for the Ten.

jokey665
2010-04-02, 02:10 PM
Pokemon. But my group is currently working on a pretty rockin' conversion, so all is well.

EvilJoe15
2010-04-02, 02:31 PM
Full Metal Alchemist is the one I want to play the most. I'm in a game of Poke'mon, but we are also making a new system for it. Using yours as a starting point.

Dante & Vergil
2010-04-02, 03:30 PM
How about the Black Company? I would like to see stats for the Ten.

There is already (http://index.rpg.net/display-entry.phtml?mainid=3028) a d20 system for the Black Company.

EdroGrimshell
2010-04-02, 04:14 PM
I'd like to ask for a shin megami tensai persona 4 translation

Real Sorceror
2010-04-02, 07:08 PM
Get back to Pokemon d20! :p

As much as we all eagerly await the completion of Pokemon d20...

Pokemon. But my group is currently working on a pretty rockin' conversion, so all is well.

I'm in a game of Poke'mon, but we are also making a new system for it. Using yours as a starting point.
You guys are trying to tell me something, aren't you? C'mon, just spell it out. I'm not good with suttle hints.

Gensh
2010-04-02, 09:28 PM
I'd like to ask for a shin megami tensai persona 4 translation

This (http://www.scribd.com/doc/29347495) could be used as a starting point or whatever. It's based off of the YATA (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67489) Bleach system, but I didn't really have a clear concept of game balance when I wrote it. The fluff is still pretty solid, I think.

I'd be more interested in a more general system for transformation-style characters so that I don't go having to dig into like five different system's taint mechanics to get something decent. Where're my Claymore, Zetman, and Xam'd fans?

The Tygre
2010-04-03, 04:08 AM
You guys are trying to tell me something, aren't you? C'mon, just spell it out. I'm not good with subtle hints.

I can't be sure, but I'm almost positive they want some Monster Rancher.

Yeah.

That's definitely what I'm picking up here.

Dante & Vergil
2010-04-03, 01:12 PM
A while back on the old wizard forums, I saw a guy doing a Devil May Cry conversion, but it was never finished. Do you, Real Sorcerer, or anyone else know of the game series to do something like this?

DracoDei
2010-04-03, 05:46 PM
[url=http://www.scribd.com/doc/29347495]I'd be more interested in a more general system for transformation-style characters so that I don't go having to dig into like five different system's taint mechanics to get something decent. Where're my Claymore, Zetman, and Xam'd fans?

I think someone recently did base classes for magical girls and/or sentai and such things for the d20 system (so NOT talking about the Exalted thing).

Real Sorceror
2010-04-03, 06:30 PM

Yeah.

That's definitely what I'm picking up here.
Tiger was f-ing metal. Mochi can go to hell.

A while back on the old wizard forums, I saw a guy doing a Devil May Cry conversion, but it was never finished. Do you, Real Sorcerer, or anyone else know of the game series to do something like this?
That would be boss hog, but alas, I don't know of a game like that. Even BESM didn't have a Dante-esque class.

dota600
2010-04-03, 06:47 PM
Do my pic and signiture

Taffeta
2010-04-03, 06:50 PM
For something on a significantly shorter-term note, how about a creature-ization of Ganondorf (Humanoid, shapeshifter, ala Ocarina of Time and later 3D incarnations).

The Dark Fiddler
2010-04-03, 06:53 PM

MONSTER RANCHER.

YES. THIS. FOR SERIOUS.

erikun
2010-04-03, 08:26 PM
Monster Rancher would be interesting, mainly to see what you do with it.

I'd also like to see some Familiar of Zero, Slayers, or Record of the Lodoss War.

Binary Stars
2010-04-04, 10:20 AM
Fist of the North Star? :smallconfused:

dota600
2010-04-04, 12:27 PM
A friend of mine had done him, though I do not know how.

Real Sorceror
2010-04-04, 04:19 PM
For something on a significantly shorter-term note, how about a creature-ization of Ganondorf (Humanoid, shapeshifter, ala Ocarina of Time and later 3D incarnations).
Ganon (and anything LoZ) would be fun as hell, especially since I've played 8+ Zelda games. And, if you just change his name and theme, he'd make a killer boss encounter for any other campaign.

The main thing that would make this idea interesting is the breeding/fusion aspect of Monster Rancher. Having expansive rules for hybrid creatures is something that a lot of people would like to see. Green Ronin made a very good template to this affect.

I'd also like to see some Familiar of Zero, Slayers, or Record of the Lodoss War.

From that list, I only know about Slayers. I know, I'm uncultured. :(

Samm
2010-04-06, 06:04 AM

Familiar of Zero... Yeah good anime, but it sounds rather hard to d20erize. Full Metal Alchemist would be really cool though, it sounds like it has potential. We could make the classes; fighter (guy who fights stuff, martial artist maybe), rifleman (Lt. Hawkeye style), alchemist (of differing sorts), whatever Scar was etc. I'm not sure about feats though. Races could be Chimeras and Humans... The list goes on and on.

Granted, I don't think I'd be good enough to create this sort of thing.

ScionoftheVoid
2010-04-06, 08:16 AM
Personally I'd like to see a Digimon D20. It's not really a serious suggestion (it would take a lot of effort) but I'm always disappointed by the lack of support for the series here. Mentioning it might also get me a link without having to look, and reminds me that I should probably google stuff like this before posting. *Wanders off to google*

ThumbBlighter
2010-04-06, 01:46 PM
Though it would be really funky, a Mononoke (not Princess Mononoke the movie, the anime Mononoke spun off from Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Stories :smalltongue:) d20 system would be awesome.

imp_fireball
2010-04-06, 09:59 PM
I think both Dragonball and Bleach have been very well covered by other online users

Dragonball? Really? Who did that?

Real Sorceror
2010-04-07, 11:50 PM
Dragonball? Really? Who did that?
I'll see if I can dig up the pdfs or the original websites. :smallwink:

I'm just about finished with a ....da da da!
Legend of Zelda d20 pdf!

Is there anything class/race wise anyone would like to see? I think I've got all the races covered. I made a Hero of Hyrule base class thats compatible with Pathfinder. Its sort of Bard/Fighter/Rogue-esque. I'll also have a few monsters stated up, and hopefully the infamous Ganondorf as well.

The Tygre
2010-04-07, 11:57 PM
Are there Twili? Did you remember Twili? Oh, god of love help you if I get there and I don't find any Twili...

Real Sorceror
2010-04-08, 05:41 AM
Are there Twili? Did you remember Twili? Oh, god of love help you if I get there and I don't find any Twili...
Yes, yes, how could I forget Twili? I'm thinking Twili in their natural state should be modeled after the Drow? Darkvision, Light-Blindness, Darkness 1/day, +2 Charisma? Sound ok so far?
I also have Hylia, Goron, Zora, Rito, Kokiri, Gerudo, Deku, and Sheikah, plus various Moblins. Did I cover everybody important?

Weimann
2010-04-08, 06:08 AM
If you are still looking for a project, it would be sweet to see how you'd interpret the Ace Attorney games in d20 .

Real Sorceror
2010-04-08, 05:53 PM
If you are still looking for a project, it would be sweet to see how you'd interpret the Ace Attorney games in d20 .
As comedic as that would be in the short term, I think the novelty of a lawyer-based d20 game would wear off after a while. Would this be a stand alone setting or have it in addition to the existing D&D material?

DM: The Tarrasque appears.

Player: OBJECTION!!

DM: Overruled, roll initiative.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-04-08, 06:00 PM
Personally I'd like to see a Digimon D20. It's not really a serious suggestion (it would take a lot of effort) but I'm always disappointed by the lack of support for the series here. Mentioning it might also get me a link without having to look, and reminds me that I should probably google stuff like this before posting. *Wanders off to google*

Also yes this. Yes this.

I really hate how nobody seems to care about Digimon these days. It was just as big a part of my childhood as Pokemon, dammit! :smallfrown:

industrious
2010-04-08, 06:05 PM
Metroid would be nice. Also, I'd like to see stats for The Authority.

draco_nite
2010-04-08, 06:29 PM
Touhou Project.
...is what I was was going to say, but it looks like someone has already done it. Damn.

In that case,
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha.
...which is something I'd personally like to work on, but don't have the time or experience to do.

EDIT: Wait, you convert to 4e? Never mind. I hate 4e with a vengeance.

Kyuu Himura
2010-04-08, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binary Stars View Post
Fist of the North Star?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dota600 View Post
From that list, I only know about Slayers. I know, I'm uncultured. :(

Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the Norht Star) is a manly story set on a manly post-apocalyptic world where your manly fists can take you to power or to a manly and glorious death... with manlyness.
Although I don't think d20 is a good sistem for HnK, due to the rate of deaths in the series (think Bleach, but with everyone but Ichigo, Ishida, Orihime and Rukia dying at some point), people in d20 can take an awfull amount of punishment on the higher levels, and HnK had high level guys dying (think Bleach, with Byakuya and Kenpachi dying).
That being said, it would be a d20 world with casters not being the only powerfull guys, so, if anyone can do it, go for it.

Also, a Rurouni Kenshin style campaign would be really awesome

draco_nite
2010-04-08, 06:34 PM
As comedic as that would be in the short term, I think the novelty of a lawyer-based d20 game would wear off after a while. Would this be a stand alone setting or have it in addition to the existing D&D material?

DM: The Tarrasque appears.

Player: OBJECTION!!

DM: Overruled, roll initiative.

I've actually played a lawyer that played kind of like this. You could sue anyone (or anything) for anything, and literally bend reality through lawsuits.

Suffice to say, it was probably the most broken class in existence.

Weimann
2010-04-08, 06:57 PM
Naturally, such a game would take a step away from the physical fighting and bring it more towards battles of wills, charisma and factual evidence.

It's quite a large step, in fact, and it might not be fitting of a d20 system.

ScionoftheVoid
2010-04-08, 07:09 PM
Also yes this. Yes this.

I really hate how nobody seems to care about Digimon these days. It was just as big a part of my childhood as Pokemon, dammit! :smallfrown:

Anyone who posts at midnight to support Digimon has to be awesome!

I should probably suggest something, even if I don't play 4e myself. Hmmm... I have no original ideas. Huh.

Anyway, someone in this thread reminded me that I should get around to finding out what Monster Rancher was. I'd seen it mentioned before but couldn't remember it. I went to its page on Wikipedia and immediately recognised it. It died so fast out here I doubted that it had actually existed at one point. I am so glad I found out about it again, and now have something else to save up for. ToB is underway as soon as I can be bothered to actually buy it. Anyone got any info. on Mutants and Masterminds or The Returners FFRPG? Then it's on to Monster Rancher (which will hopefully be out here by then) and/or Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers (which I also need to find info. on)!

To various areas of the internet, in particular book and/or videogame reviewing sites!

Kiren
2010-04-08, 07:23 PM
Percy Jackson and the Olympians (The Book not the movie)

The book series was a masterpiece and a enjoyable look at modern interpretations of Ancient Greek mythology, continuing the legends within the U.S..

Ok so the book is geared towards around age 11 (Around that I started the series, I forgot how many of the books were out at the time, I think 3 of them were out but I am not quite sure.)

If some childish language doesn't bother you then its a good book.

TheYoungKing
2010-04-08, 07:25 PM
Samurai Champloo.

Real Sorceror
2010-04-09, 04:29 AM
Also yes this. Yes this.

Don't get me wrong, I love Digimon. Its just that theres a buttload of them, they can easily reach level 40, and the fusion and armor mechanic makes for nearly limitless combinations. I may try and stat out the Aguman line at least. If I get the itch I may try my hand at season 1.

Metroid would be nice. Also, I'd like to see stats for The Authority.
That would rock socks.

Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the Norht Star) is a manly story set on a manly post-apocalyptic world where your manly fists can take you to power or to a manly and glorious death... with manlyness.
Although I don't think d20 is a good sistem for HnK, due to the rate of deaths in the series (think Bleach, but with everyone but Ichigo, Ishida, Orihime and Rukia dying at some point), people in d20 can take an awfull amount of punishment on the higher levels, and HnK had high level guys dying (think Bleach, with Byakuya and Kenpachi dying).
That being said, it would be a d20 world with casters not being the only powerfull guys, so, if anyone can do it, go for it.

Also, a Rurouni Kenshin style campaign would be really awesome
If you want the game to remain dangerous at all levels of play, I'd suggest using the d10 system. Lord of the Five Rings is especially lethal.

Samurai Champloo.
Love the show, but those characters are pretty easy to accomplish with existing 3.5 material.

draco_nite
2010-04-09, 05:18 AM
Also, Elfen Lied. Want. Now. I can see it now: invisible unarmed strike hits you for 9d20 damage. You die.

Did...did you just call it Familiar of Zero? Did you...did you watch the English release? In...English?

The Tygre
2010-04-09, 01:45 PM
Also, Elfen Lied. Want. Now. I can see it now: invisible unarmed strike hits you for 9d20 damage. You die.

You rang? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110315&highlight=Elfen+Lied)

Did...did you just call it Familiar of Zero? Did you...did you watch the English release? In...English?

I did as well. Well, a dubbed version actually. There was no third season. Period. At all. You may claim that there is a third season, you may even remember watching it or say you have physical evidence of it, but I can assure you that you do not. There is no mind control here. And if you claim otherwise, I'll kill you.

erikun
2010-04-09, 02:00 PM
To be fair, I wanted him to be able to find it on Wikipedia easily if he wasn't familiar with the series. And no, I watch my Zero no Tsukaima in subtitles. The english voices just aren't as appealing.

draco_nite
2010-04-09, 02:28 PM
You rang? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110315&highlight=Elfen+Lied)

Talk about weak. +2 LA? One diclonius could easily wipe out a group of professional soldiers. It should be more like +10 LA.

I did as well. Well, a dubbed version actually. There was no third season. Period. At all. You may claim that there is a third season, you may even remember watching it or say you have physical evidence of it, but I can assure you that you do not. There is no mind control here. And if you claim otherwise, I'll kill you.
You mean like how there's no second season of Minami-ke?

Also, how much of a sadist do you have to be to watch a dub?

Real Sorceror
2010-04-09, 04:16 PM
Hey, hey. There are plenty of respectable English translations of anime series. For example, I only watch Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, and The Big O in English. Of course, the male leads in all of those series was voiced by Steven Blum, so that may have something to do with it. :smallconfused:

The Tygre
2010-04-09, 04:58 PM
Talk about weak. +2 LA? One diclonius could easily wipe out a group of professional soldiers. It should be more like +10 LA.

Any higher and they wouldn't be a reasonable option for a PC race. And when it comes to diclonius, which do you want to be; the diclonius, or the guy who's about to become your new summer wardrobe? I guess a feasible option would be a monster class. Good luck pulling that out of cold spot in Hell, though...

Sorry. Meant 'sub' there. My bad. *headdesk* There's still no third season.

draco_nite
2010-04-09, 05:24 PM
Hey, hey. There are plenty of respectable English translations of anime series. For example, I only watch Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, and The Big O in English. Of course, the male leads in all of those series was voiced by Steven Blum, so that may have something to do with it. :smallconfused:

I meant aside from those. 90-95% of English dubs are crap.

Also, to be on-topic, I did make a Pathfinder conversion for Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148418 If anyone could tell me how broken this is, that'd be great.

Real Sorceror
2010-04-10, 02:22 AM
So I stated up the Agumon line and started on a DigiDestinied base class. I actually like how it turned up.

Botamon CR 1/4 (XP 135)
Fresh Data Digimon 1
TN Tiny digital monster
Init +3; Senses Low-Light Vision; Perception -2
--------------------------------
AC 15, touch 15, flat-footed 12 (+3 Dex, +2 size)
hp 13 (1d10+3)
Fort +2, Ref +5, Will –2
Speed 10 ft.
Ranged Bubble Blow +4 (1d4 acid dmg/Χ2); 20ft range
Str 6, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 6, Cha 6
Base Atk +1; CMB +1; CMD 13
Feats: Toughness
Skills: Perception -2, Stealth +10
Languages: None
Environment: Digital World
A Botamon advances using the rules presented under Partner Digimon. Its evolutions act as templates and are presented below. Each evolution stacks with the previous one unless otherwise noted.
Partner Digimon: Each Tamer receives a Digimon egg that hatches into a Fresh stage Digimon from those available in the campaign. It gains experience and advances at the same rate the Tamer, except that it has full BAB, uses d10’s for its HD, and has two good saves based on its species. The Tamer also chooses 4 class skills for her Digimon. It gains one additional class skill for each point of its positive Intelligence modifier and gains 2 + Int mod skill points per level. While in Champion or Ultimate form its hit dice improve to d12s.

Koromon (Basic)
Size: Increase to Small size (Strength +4, Dexterity -2).
Abilities: Add +2 to all mental ability scores.
Speed: Land speed increases by 10ft.
Melee: Bite – 1d4+Str mod damage.
Ranged: Acid Bubble – 1d6+Con mod acid damage, 30ft range
Special: Its natural attacks improve to +1 weapons.

Agumon (Rookie)
Size: Increase to Medium size (Strength +4, Constitution +2, Dexterity -2, and Natural Armor +1).
Abilities: Add +2 to all mental ability scores.
Melee: Sharp Claw - two claw attacks, each dealing 1d4+1/2 Str mod damage.
Ranged: Pepper Breath - 1d8 +Con mod fire damage, 40ft range
Special: Its natural attacks improve to +2 weapons.

Greymon (Champion)
Size: Increase to Large size (Strength +8, Constitution +4, Dexterity -2, and Natural Armor +1).
Abilities: All mental ability scores improve by +2.
Melee: Great Tooth - Bite attack dealing 1d8+1-1/2 Strength mod damage. Horn Impulse - Gore attack dealing 1d8+Str mod damage.
Ranged: Nova Blast - 1d10 +Con mod fire damage and has a range of 50ft.
Special: Its natural attacks improve to +3 weapons.

Real Sorceror
2010-04-10, 02:30 AM
So hows this for an explosive nerdgasm? A campaign settings using Pokemon Trainer, Digimon Tamer, and Monster Rancher as base classes? :smallamused:

Now thats a project. Thats like two projects. But those Yu-Gi-Oh blighters aren't invited.

draco_nite
2010-04-10, 03:25 AM
So hows this for an explosive nerdgasm? A campaign settings using Pokemon Trainer, Digimon Tamer, and Monster Rancher as base classes? :smallamused:

Now thats a project. Thats like two projects. But those Yu-Gi-Oh blighters aren't invited.

The three need to be at war, and the lower planes need to be run by 4Kidz Entertainment.

ScIaDrd
2010-04-10, 07:45 AM
I think someone recently did base classes for magical girls and/or sentai and such things for the d20 system (so NOT talking about the Exalted thing).

Would that be this supplement (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140247) or maybe this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148418) Pathfinder class based on Magical girl Lyrical Nanoha?

Kaigen
2010-04-10, 02:45 PM
Did anyone find a Dragonball d20 system? Pref. version 3.5(don't much care for 4e yet).

Real Sorceror
2010-04-10, 04:16 PM
Did anyone find a Dragonball d20 system? Pref. version 3.5(don't much care for 4e yet).
Heres one of the ones I found: DBZ Compendium (http://www.scribd.com/doc/6908976/DBZ-v51)
I'm having trouble tracking the other, more complicated one.

The Tygre
2010-04-10, 05:29 PM
The three need to be at war, and the lower planes need to be run by 4Kidz Entertainment.

It isn't already?

Kyuu Himura
2010-04-10, 07:29 PM
If you want the game to remain dangerous at all levels of play, I'd suggest using the d10 system. Lord of the Five Rings is especially lethal.

You mean Legend of the Five Rings, yes, I know, I DM that, still, it goes well with RK, but no HnK, the reason is that high rank characters in L5R are pretty Kenshin-like (there's actually an advanced school called Kenshinzen), but the rules still don't bring them to the crazy level of HnK, I still remember Kenshiro (HnK main guy) making a guy decapitate himself....

I think BESM d20 (with some MASSIVE revisions) could get where HnK fans want to get, tough guys can be... well, tough, and still be one-shotted by a super-secret-deadly-marvelous-divine-over 9000!!!-fist.

Real Sorceror
2010-04-10, 09:31 PM
You mean Legend of the Five Rings...
Did I say Lord of the Five Rings? Man, thats a hell of a typo. Frodo and Sam would get slaughtered if they went past the Crab Wall.

yes, I know, I DM that, still, it goes well with RK, but no HnK, the reason is that high rank characters in L5R are pretty Kenshin-like (there's actually an advanced school called Kenshinzen), but the rules still don't bring them to the crazy level of HnK, I still remember Kenshiro (HnK main guy) making a guy decapitate himself....

I think BESM d20 (with some MASSIVE revisions) could get where HnK fans want to get, tough guys can be... well, tough, and still be one-shotted by a super-secret-deadly-marvelous-divine-over 9000!!!-fist.
I use the 3.5 rules in the Immortal's Handbook: Ascension (http://www.immortalshandbook.com/ascension.htm). Basically it picks up where the ELH leaves off and provides full support for levels 31-1000 or so. Once you hit around Elder One I usually find that combat doesn't last for more than a round or two if there is any difference in power between the combatants. Critical hits and spells at that level usually do deal "over 9,000!" damage, if not more.
I never really got a good look at BESM. I bought their 3.0 handbook a while back but I wasn't experienced enough at the time to really take it all in.

DracoDei
2010-04-10, 11:20 PM
Would that be this supplement (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140247) or maybe this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148418) Pathfinder class based on Magical girl Lyrical Nanoha?

The first one.

The Tygre
2010-04-11, 04:35 AM
*cough* Any progress on Yubaba and the Ohmu?

Real Sorceror
2010-04-11, 08:05 PM
*cough* Any progress on Yubaba and the Ohmu?
As a matter o' fact, yes. I only saw the movie once, so hopefully this looks ok:

Yubaba (CR 18)
LE Medium Outsider (Spirit)
Initiative: +3; Senses: Darkvision, Low-Light Vision
----------------------------------------
AC: 28 (+5 Deflection, +4 Dexterity, +4 Mage Armor, +5 Natural)
HP: 18d6 +128 (271)
Fort +16 Ref +16 Will +21
Resist: Spell Resistance 24, Damage Reduction 5/magic
Speed: 30 ft, fly 60 ft. (average)
Attack Bonus: +11 melee, +13 ranged; CMB +11, CMD 25
Melee: 2 claws +11 (1d6+3)
Spellcasting: As an 18th level Witch.
Spells: 4/6/5/5/5/5/4/3/3/2
1st – Cause Fear, Charm Person, Identify, Mage Armor, Ray of Enfeeblement, Reduce Person, Sleep, Unseen Servant
2nd – Alter Self, Augury, Hideous Laughter, Zone of Truth
3rd – Bestow Curse, Deep Slumber, Suggestion, Tongues
4th – Baleful Polymorph, Charm Monster, Lesser Geas, Scrying
5th – Blight, Dominate Person, Feeblemind, Hold Monster
6th – Cone of Cold, Eyebite, Geas/Quest, True Seeing
7th – Chain Lighting, Harm, Insanity, Mass Hold Person
8th – Antipathy, Demand, Irresistible Dance, Power Word Stun
9th – Astral Projection, Foresight, Mass Hold Monster, Refuge
Languages: Common, Spirit Tongue, Sylvan, Giant, Celestial, Draconic, Infernal, Goblin
Skills: Bluff +21, Craft (alchemy) +20, Disguise +8, Diplomacy +18, Fly +17, Heal +8, Intimidate +21, Knowledge (arcana) +20, Knowledge (history) +20, Knowledge (nature) +20, Knowledge (planes) +20, Profession (bathhouse manager) +18, Spellcraft +22, and Use Magic Device +21.
Feats: Combat Casting, Craft Wondrous Item, Deceitful, Eschew Materials, Improved Familiar, Magical Aptitude, Natural Spell, Persuasive, Spell Penetration
Str 16 (+3), Con 18 (+4), Dex 18 (+4), Int 24 (+7), Wis 20 (+5), Cha 22 (+6)
Familiar: Yubaba has a hideous but mostly harmless familiar consisting of three disembodied heads. These creatures cannot speak but can use Polymorph once per day to disguise themselves as other beings.
Hex (Su): Yubaba knows a number of magical tricks and curses that can be used to weaken foes or empower herself. Most often, using a hex is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
Charm (Su): Yubaba can charm an animal or humanoid creature within 30 feet by beckoning and speaking soothing words. This improves the attitude of an animal or humanoid creature by 2 steps for 6 rounds, as if she had successfully used the Diplomacy skill. A Will save negates this effect. Whether or not the save is successful, a creature cannot be the target of this hex again for 1 day. This is a mind-affecting charm effect.
Cauldron (Ex): Yubaba receives Brew Potion as a bonus feat and a +4 insight bonus on Craft (alchemy) skill checks.
Evil Eye (Su): Yubaba can cause doubt to creep into the mind of a foe within 30 feet that she can see. The target takes a –4 penalty on one of the following: AC, ability checks, attack rolls, saving throws, or skill checks. This hex lasts for 9 rounds. A Will save reduces this to just 1 round.
Flight (Su): Yubaba can use feather fall at will and gains a +4 racial bonus on Swim checks. For 18 minutes per day she can fly, as per the spell. These minutes do not need to be consecutive, but they must be spent in 1-minute increments.
Agony (Su): With a quick incantation, Yubaba can place this hex on one creature within 60 feet, causing them to suffer intense pain. The target is nauseated for 18 rounds. A Fortitude save negates this effect. If the saving throw is failed, the target can attempt a new save each round to end the effect. Whether or not the save is successful, a creature cannot be the target of this hex again for 1 day.
Old Crow (Su): Yubaba can transform herself into a hideous buzzard-like creature. This otherwise functions as if she had the wild shape ability of a Druid equal to her level. This requires a standard action and can be used for 18 hours each day.
Hag’s Eye (Su): A witch with this hex can create a magic sensor that she can see through for 18 minutes per day, as per the spell arcane eye. These minutes do not need to be consecutive, but they must be spent in 1-minute increments.
Enslavement (Su): Yubaba can write a magical contract to bind a creature to her service forever. The creature must sign the contract willingly, and thus does not receive a will save. However, Yubaba is free to use mundane persuasion and misrepresentation to convince them. Once signed, the target’s name changes, usually to a shorter version. The creature forgets nearly all of its life before signing the contract, including its original name. It cannot regain these memories or break the terms of the agreement until it remembers its true name.
Gear: Amulet of Natural Armor +3, Belt of Physical Perfection +2, Cloak of Resistance +5, Headband of Mental Perfection +2, Ring of Protection +5