PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Unseen Seer build last 5 levels

LaughingRogue
2010-03-31, 11:28 PM
Alright so i'm making an unseen Seer rogue

Rogue 1 / Wizard 4/ Unseen Seer 10/ XXX-5

i haven't really gone into feat picking yet, the build is pretty simple to look at,
preferably something gish, that continues both spell progression and BAB,

The only thing good I have come across here is maybe:

Abjuration Champion

I was really hoping I could find some good suggestions on here,

Thanks in advance,
The laughing Rogue

tyckspoon
2010-03-31, 11:33 PM
Abjurant Champion is an obvious choice for any build at all that qualifies for it easily. Which you do, with the expense of one feat, so.. yeah. Do that. If you prefer to continue advancing Sneak Attack+skills instead, you are pre-qualified for Arcane Trickster (and probably some of the other magical thief-type PrCs that I'm not remembering at the moment.) Swiftblade is worth considering as well, although the dropped caster levels during progression and the horrible feats required to enter are pretty obnoxious.

LaughingRogue
2010-03-31, 11:38 PM
Yeah, i don't know how i forgot about Arcane Trickster, It is certainly worth considering (as i would really like to continue skill progression as much as I can).

Godskook
2010-03-31, 11:42 PM
Daggerspell mage is another one you're pre-qualified for, although that loses a caster level. On the other hand, it has better skill points than Arcane Trickster, so for certain builds, it can be the more attractive choice.

marjan
2010-03-31, 11:52 PM
There is also Spellwarp Sniper from CS.

EvilBloodGnome
2010-04-01, 01:39 AM
Mixing and matching might be good. If you'd prefer skill progression and sneak attack over a full BAB, it might be an idea to quit Abjurant Champion after lvl 3 (4th is an empty level, if I remember, and the capstone isn't great as your CL will be greater than your BAB), then take 2 levels of AT for +1d6 SA and ranged legerdemain.

dobu
2010-04-01, 03:41 AM
hm. When I played an Unseen Seer, I filled the last levels with Loremaster and Divine Oracle. I would probably go Divine Oracle 2 / Loremaster 3; giving 2 secrets, lore, prescient sense (some kind of evasion), trap sense, the oracle domain (more casterlevel for hunter's eye, and some spells), and scry bonus.

Eldariel
2010-04-01, 04:02 AM
Spellwarp Sniper is great if you have Able Learner. Particularly with stuff like Frost Breath; you just gotta dig a bit for gems to Spellwarp. Arcane Trickster is a natural continuation, but has horribly strict skill entry costs, hurting your skill monkey aspect quite bad.

Incantatrix is as good as ever; 3 levels gets you the ability to persist buffs which enables you to become a sick archer with Divine Power & US SA. 2 levels could e.g. get you Divine Power in class through Wyrm Wizard (though Arcane Disciple exists too).

And yeah, Loremaster or Divine Oracle isn't horrible. But I personally like Spellwarp Sniper the best. It depends on what you want. SA? Arcane Trickster. Rays? Spellwarp Sniper. Divinations? Loremaster/Divine Oracle. Buffs? Incantatrix. Etc.

LaughingRogue
2010-04-02, 12:54 AM
So i think i'm going to go with

Rogue 1/Wizard 4/Unseen Seer 10 / Daggerspell Mage 5

I love the idea of Daggerspell and double Daggerspell at 5

does anyone think this is a horrible choice?

Keld Denar
2010-04-02, 06:13 AM
Its generally put forth that "thou shalt not lose caster levels". Given that you lose one for the Rogue dip at the start, losing another at 16 when you take Daggerspell Mage1 is kinda...not as optimal. Also, at those levels, you'll have better things to do than mix it up in melee as Daggerspell Mages are wont to do. Best to stay back at around the 30' max range to SA and snipe with spells like Orbs and Rays while invisible.

Thusly, I'd suggest the 5 levels of either Arcane Trickster or Spellwarped Sniper.

Also, have you considered Spellthief1 + Master Spellthief as an alternative to Rogue1 + Practiced Spellcaster?

Optimystik
2010-04-02, 07:46 AM
Thirding (or fourthing or w/e) Spellwarp Sniper. Pewpew!