PDA

View Full Version : Ways to become an Outsider

SethFahad
2010-03-31, 11:55 PM
There is a PrC in BoVD named Mortal Hunter. One of the requirements is:
Type: Any outsider.

How many ways are there, to become an outsider, or simply qualify for this PrC?

Well, there is a regional feat in named Otherworldly (or something) that gives you the outsider type (i think), but you must be Deep Imaskari.

I don't want to many LA. So, Half-fiend, Half-elementals, Half-celestial, Half-rakshasa and half-janni are out of the question.

Are there any other solutions?

herrhauptmann
2010-04-01, 12:02 AM
Faerun elves get it with a feat.
Various planetouched, genasi, tiefling etc.
Gith races.
Bariaur (MotP or Planar Handbook) have 1 RHD and 1 LA, so not too bad.
edit
Fiendish and Celestial in MM also have a lower LA than the halfbreeds.
THere's also lawful and chaotic planetouched somewheres.

Dexam
2010-04-01, 12:03 AM
Neraph is a +0 LA Outsider race from Planar Handbook.

Other than that, there is a sizeable selection of +1 LA Outsiders available for selection, including Aasimar and Tiefling (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/planetouched.htm).

HunterOfJello
2010-04-01, 12:20 AM
leave your plane and you become an outsider

BobVosh
2010-04-01, 12:26 AM
Two polymorph any objects, asimar or tiefling, go plane exploring.

Malificus
2010-04-01, 12:30 AM
Obviously you need to take a few levels of monk. Just enough to get Perfect Self.

Sophismata
2010-04-01, 12:57 AM
Well, there is a regional feat in named Otherworldly (or something) that gives you the outsider type (i think), but you must be Deep Imaskari.

Elves can take this.

SethFahad
2010-04-01, 12:58 AM
Obviously you need to take a few levels of monk. Just enough to get Perfect Self.

lol that was a nice one... it was a joke right? :smallbiggrin:

In fact seeing the 3 last posts*... I'm kind of jealous... afterall I'm tha Jester! :smallannoyed:

*except Sophismata...

Deca
2010-04-01, 01:02 AM

And then you can weep over your wasted life.

arguskos
2010-04-01, 01:10 AM
leave your plane and you become an outsider
No, if you leave your plane you gain the Extraplanar subtype.

Mongoose87
2010-04-01, 01:12 AM
And then you can weep over your wasted life.

Generally, if you weep over your wasted life enough in public, you'll become an outsider.

LibraryOgre
2010-04-01, 01:18 AM
Becoming an outsider is a very simple ritual... I'm surprised no one has mentioned this, yet.

First, you need a masterwork short sword. Ideally, it should have a good edge on it... a gladius is pretty good. Your assistant should have a slashing weapon... a bastard sword is traditional, but a two-handed sword, a long sword, or even an axe will work. These should also be masterwork. For magical reasons, you should not haggle on the price.

Then, you should have some expensive incense. This is a pretty potent ritual, so I'd say the total value of incense should exceed the value of the two swords.

Lastly, you'll need a priest of your chosen religion, and a decent sized church. Again, for a ritual of this magnitude, you should rent the church for the day, and you shouldn't haggle. You'll want to consult an Augury, at the very least, to determine the most auspicious day for this ritual... the Augury sticks should be new, and you should pay for them, again without haggling.

The priest should be standing about 10 feet from you, and be casting Bless, Chant, and other buff spells on you and your assistant continuously... but not Aid. Aid will totally mess up this ritual. Your assistant should be within five feet of you, his slashing weapon shouldered. Your short sword should be on the ground before you until the penultimate round of your ritual, at which point you should pick it up, speak words of blessing upon it...

And coup de gras yourself. If you fail, your assistant should follow (with a delayed action) to coup de gras you as well.

Congratulations! You are now a petitioner, and therefore an outsider. :smallbiggrin:

SethFahad
2010-04-01, 01:23 AM
Did you...did you just cast Tasha's Hideous Laughter in my thread? :smallconfused:

Allright... I give up. ROLFMAO