PDA

View Full Version : Elder Scrolls d20

BIRDMANﺕ
2010-04-01, 01:34 AM
Does it exist? as a campaign setting? if so where can I find it cause I would like to run an Elder Scrolls Campaign

TheYoungKing
2010-04-01, 01:36 AM
Funny enough, it started out as a D&D group's campaign setting.

It shouldn't be too hard to work up some simple homebrew [3.5]. I'd be willing to help with such a venture.

BIRDMANﺕ
2010-04-01, 01:42 AM
Funny enough, it started out as a D&D group's campaign setting.

It shouldn't be too hard to work up some simple homebrew [3.5]. I'd be willing to help with such a venture.

Did it really?

and im pretty sure someone did it but im not sure where I would find it. Also I wouldn't mind at all if you wanted to work together to construct one. I mean the lore the maps and all are practically done for us

only thing thats missing is races and fixing rules like makeing all demons and devils Daedra

EvilBloodGnome
2010-04-01, 01:44 AM
I'd be willing to help, too.

It wouldn't be too hard. They have lots of races and monster that are taken pretty much out of the MM.

And the world itself it easy to build because of the vast amount of information laying about.

In fact, I'll venture to pick the playable races of Oblivion into 3.5 races off memory.

Races:
Imperial - Human
Khajit - Catfolk, with a nerf
Nord - Human, perhaps with some Dwarven or Neanderthal qualities (not that Nords are stupid)
Orc - Half-Orc
Redgaurd - Human, use Dwarf ability mods perhaps and trade bonus feat for weapon prof.
Wood Elf - Elf
Argonian - Lizardfolk, drop nat. armor, hit die, and proficiencies, change stat mods to +2 Dex, -2 Cha. Perhaps take away natural weapons.
Breton - Deep Imaskari-ish. +2 Int, -2 Dex might work, or -2 Con. Trade Hide bonus for human skill points.
Dark Elf - Lesser Drow, give Low-Light vision and remove day blindness
High Elf - Gray Elf

Elves sleep in Cyrodil, so they might get something if they lose resitence to sleeping spells.

Inhuman Bot
2010-04-01, 01:45 AM
. I mean the lore the maps and all are practically done for us

Really? 'cause I recall TES' schtick being none of it's lore was really defined, and all of it was biased and incomplete.

BIRDMANﺕ
2010-04-01, 01:47 AM
Really? 'cause I recall TES' schtick being none of it's lore was really defined, and all of it was biased and incomplete.

There is tons of info on the setting I mean whole cities are all done with leaders etc.

BIRDMANﺕ
2010-04-01, 01:48 AM
I'd be willing to help, too.

It wouldn't be too hard. They have lots of races and monster that are taken pretty much out of the MM.

And the world itself it easy to build because of the vast amount of information laying about.

Sure you could help if you guys want to make a project out of it

Hand_of_Vecna
2010-04-01, 05:49 AM
If you want to capyure the feel on ElderScrolls you may want to try something like my housrules. Allowing characters to build up skills and stats organically over time independent of level and having xp spent to level in various classes instituting a gestalt system.

Volthawk
2010-04-01, 05:54 AM
Funny, I made the Argonian once as a race.

Here it is. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134893)

It's for 3.5 D&D, and I made it real early in my gaming career. Think I'd played ~3 games beforehand.

But yeah, I'd be willing to help in general.

JohnnyCancer
2010-04-01, 11:05 AM
Some of the Daedra Lords would make good Warlock patrons.

Sinfire Titan
2010-04-01, 11:15 AM
Oddly enough, the actual Oblivion character creation is relatively simple. The hardest part is translating the Magic/Fatigue regen and the spell/magic item creation stuff over. Along with the level up mechanics.

Do you have a copy of the Oblivion strategy guide? It has everything you need to stat out a PnP version of TES in the first two chapters or so.

Darkfire
2010-04-01, 11:38 AM
If you don't have a strategy guide, have a look at the unofficial wiki: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page

It's pretty comprehensive.