PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Psionist (PEACH) [3.5] plz

lianightdemon
2010-04-01, 04:24 AM
Ultimate Mentat

Psions channel the raw power of their mind. Psychic warriors channel it in combat. Lurks do it from the shadows striking sensitive areas. Wilders channel the raw emotion in an unstable nature. However few psionic characters can do a combination of the two. By combining two psionic arts a psionic character gains even more versatility and power.

Becoming an Ultimate Mentat
Due to the specific requirements of the ultimate mentat, levels in either Psion, wilder, or Ardent as well as at least 1 level in Lurk, Psychic warrior, or divine mind. It is possible for other members of other psionic classes to do so under specific conditions but are rare.

Entry Requirements
Skills: Knowledge (psionics) 4 ranks, Psicraft 8 ranks.
Feats: any metapsionic feat.
Manifesting: Able to manifest 1st level powers with one restricted manifesting class and manifest 2nd level powers with one full manifesting class.

Full Manifesting Class: Classes that gain up to 9th level powers by level 20 (Psion, Ardent, Wilder )
Restricted Manifesting Class: Classes that gain only up to 6th level power by level 20 (Lurk, Psychic warrior, various monk based prestige classes, divine mind, etc)

The Ultimate Mentat Hit Dice d4

{table]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Manifesting
1st|+0|+0|+0|+2|Psionic Power +1|+1 level of lower-level existing manifesting class
2nd|+1|+0|+0|+3|Bonus feat|+1 level of existing full manifesting class +1 level of existing restricted manifesting class
3rd|+1|+1|+1|+3|-|+1 level of existing full manifesting class +1 level of existing restricted manifesting class
4th|+2|+1|+1|+4|Psionic Power +2|+1 level of lower-level existing manifesting class
5th|+2|+1|+1|+4|Bonus Feat|+1 level of existing full manifesting class +1 level of existing restricted manifesting class
6th|+3|+2|+2|+5||+1 level of existing full manifesting class +1 level of existing restricted manifesting class
7th|+3|+2|+2|+5|Psionic Power +3|+1 level of lower-level existing manifesting class
8th|+4|+2|+2|+6|Bonus Feat|+1 level of existing full manifesting class +1 level of existing restricted manifesting class
9th|+4|+3|+3|+6||+1 level of existing full manifesting class +1 level of existing restricted manifesting class
10th|+5|+3|+3|+7|Psionic Power +4|+1 level of existing full manifesting class +1 level of existing restricted manifesting class
11th|epic|epic|epic|epic|Bonus Feat|+1 level of existing full manifesting
12th|epic|epic|epic|epic||+1 level of existing restricted manifesting class
13th|epic|epic|epic|epic|Psionic Power +5|+1 level of existing full manifesting
14th|epic|epic|epic|epic|Bonus Feat|+1 level of existing restricted manifesting class
15th|epic|epic|epic|epic||+1 level of existing full manifesting
16th|epic|epic|epic|epic|Psionic Power +6|+1 level of existing restricted manifesting class
17th|epic|epic|epic|epic|Bonus Feat|+1 level of existing full manifesting
18th|epic|epic|epic|epic||+1 level of existing restricted manifesting class
19th|epic|epic|epic|epic|Psionic Power +7|+1 level of existing full manifesting
20th|epic|epic|epic|epic|Bonus Feat|+1 level of existing restricted manifesting class
[/table]

Class skills (2+int modifer per level): Concentration, Craft, Autohyponous, Knowledge (all skills taken separately), Profession, Psicraft, Use Psionic Device.

Class Features

An Ultimate Mentat not only learns powers of two psionic classes simultaneously but you can use the combined power point tools to augment and apply metapsionic feats.

Manifesting: At each level except 1st, 4th, and 7th, you gain new power points and an increase in manifesting level (and powers known) as if you had also gained a level in both a full manifesting class and a restricted manifesting class to which you belonged to before adding the prestige class level. You do not, however, gain any other benefit a character of those classes would have gained.
At 1st, 4th and 7th level, you gain power points and an increase in manifesting level ( and powers known) as if you also gained a level in your manifesting level with the lowest manifesting level. For example, a 4th level psion/ 1st level psychic warrior who gained one level of ultimate mentat would gain increased manifesting ability as if he had gained a level of psychic warrior (since that class’s caster level is lower than his psion manifester level). If all your manifesting classes have equal manifester levels, you can apply this benefit to any of your existing manifesting classes. You do not however gain any other benefit a character of those classes would have gained.

Psionic Power (Ex): At 1st level, your manifesting level for all psionic powers increases by 1. It increases again at 4th level, 7th level, and 10th level (to a maximum of +4)

Bonus feat: At 2nd level, and again every 3 levels, you can select a bonus psionic or metapsionic feat for which you meet the prerequisites.

Zovc
2010-04-01, 04:42 AM
{table]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Manifesting
1st|+0|+0|+0|+2|Psionic Power +1|+1 level of lower-level existing manifesting class
2nd|+1|+0|+0|+3|Expanded Power Knowledge (1st level or lower)|+1 level of existing full manifesting class +1 level of existing restricted manifesting class
3rd|+1|+1|+1|+3|-|+1 level of existing full manifesting class +1 level of existing restricted manifesting class
4th|+2|+1|+1|+4|Psionic Power +2, Expanded Power Knowledge (2nd level or lower)|+1 level of lower-level existing manifesting class
5th|+2|+1|+1|+4|Bonus Feat|+1 level of existing full manifesting class +1 level of existing restricted manifesting class
6th|+3|+2|+2|+5|Expanded Power Knowledge (3rd level or lower)|+1 level of existing full manifesting class +1 level of existing restricted manifesting class
7th|+3|+2|+2|+5|Psionic Power +3|+1 level of lower-level existing manifesting class
8th|+4|+2|+2|+6|Expanded Power Knowledge (4th level or lower)|+1 level of existing full manifesting class +1 level of existing restricted manifesting class
9th|+4|+3|+3|+6|Bonus Feat|+1 level of existing full manifesting class +1 level of existing restricted manifesting class
10th|+5|+3|+3|+7|Expanded Power Knowledge (5th level or lower) Psionic Power +4|+1 level of existing full manifesting class +1 level of existing restricted manifesting class[/table]

Copy that and paste it in place of your table. In order to see my post in "code" just quote it.

lianightdemon
2010-04-01, 02:50 PM
thank you!

Had no clue how to make the chart

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-04-01, 04:17 PM
You need to properly define what "full manifesting" and "restricted manifesting" mean, as, by RAW, there is no deference as far as "manifesting class" goes between a psion, wilder, psychic warrior, ardent, lurk, divine mind, or anything else that may exist.

lianightdemon
2010-04-01, 04:33 PM
I did any class that gets up to 9th level powers in 20 levels.
Psion, Wilder, Ardent, any other variants, or sources.
Point is they will get 9th level powers.

Restricted Manifesters never do, their powers only go up to 6th level. And you can choose all those Prestige classes that grant their own progression, which is similar to the psychic warriors.

The Arcane verison lets you combine sorcerer and wizard or other full casters together but I felt since psionics lacks spontaneous and preparation I would separate the psionic classes by their maximum possible power level. They also lose the 3rd level ability but their power points merge anyhow so I figured that was a fair trade off.

FishAreWet
2010-04-01, 05:00 PM
Why bother separating the two? Why not just let it advance any two psinoic classes?

nxwtypx
2010-04-01, 05:46 PM
Seems fine for a psionic flavored Ultimate Magus.

If I might pick on the name (and that's just chrome trim on an otherwise sturdy model), might I suggest Ultimate Mentat?

lianightdemon
2010-04-01, 06:45 PM
Why bother separating the two? Why not just let it advance any two psinoic classes?

I thought combining two full manifesting classes would make it too powerful. Since psionic classes merge all their power points.

erikun
2010-04-01, 07:55 PM
Psionic Power (Ex): Your powers don't have manifesting levels; your classes do. I suppose you could just increase manifester level, although it does bring up the question of what happens when your manifester level becomes higher than your HD.

Expanded Power Knowledge (Ex): Except in very unusual builds, this ability is quite pointless. Not only do you gain a power you already know, but you can now manifest it with a lower cap than your usual full manifester class! The only time I can see it being useful is a very strange Ardent/Psychic Warrior/Ultimate Mentat who continues to progress as a Psychic Warrior.

Yes, I realize this class is based on the Ultimate Magus, but the tricks that worked on the Magus don't work quite as well with this. I'd find it of questionable use for a full manifester/full manifester, and certainly not practical for a Psion/Lurk or Ardent/PsyWar, unless you're just trying to obtain the largest number of powers known.

FishAreWet
2010-04-01, 08:10 PM
Psionic Power (Ex): Your powers don't have manifesting levels; your classes do. I suppose you could just increase manifester level, although it does bring up the question of what happens when your manifester level becomes higher than your HD.What's the question...?

erikun
2010-04-01, 08:21 PM
It isn't a question. It's a statement that the Psionic Power ability doesn't make sense. Powers don't have a manifesting level to increase.

lianightdemon
2010-04-01, 08:34 PM
Psionic power: yeah sorry it increases your manifester level for both of your classes, and it will go higher then your HD. (and thats how WOTC worded it too I simply altered spells to powers and spellcasting to manifesting )
I think they meant for it to increase the caster level of both classes were you get your spells.

Expanded Psionic Knowledge: While this is less useful to a psionic character. However if your a psion/lurker. You could add one of your psion only powers to your lurker then psychic reform your psion for anouther power. Not as powerful as with magic but overall still useful as you can load up the lurker with powers you don't need a high manifester level for and take powers otherwise only an option for a lurker.

Jallorn
2010-04-01, 09:37 PM
Seems a bit weak for a PRC, needs more special features, and the ones it does have, I agree they don't really fit.

lianightdemon
2010-04-01, 10:42 PM
Psionic Power (Ex): At 1st level, your manifesting level for both your manifesting classes increases by 1. It increases again at 4th level, 7th level, and 10th level (to a maximum of +4) This will allow your manifesting level to go beyond your HD. This only applies to determining a powers range, duration, and the maximum amount of power points that can be spent on a power of that class.

Expanded Power Knowledge (Ex): At 2nd level, you can select one 1st level power from either class list which you add to your Restricted manifesting class's power list. This is a bonus power and does not go against the number of powers known for each of your classes. You can add another power every two levels thereafter. At 4th level, this can be a 1st, or 2nd level power. At 6th level this power can be of 4th level or lower, and at 10th level it can be of 5th level or lower. This ability allows you to manifest a power of the level even if you could not normally manifest a power of that level. You need not have previously learned any of these powers in order to choose them. You are still limited by your discipline or mantles.

Power Point Surge (ex): At 3rd level, your Restricted Manifesting class allows you to gain much more power points. You lose all power points you previously received from your Restricted class. You use your Full manifesting power points per level chart to determine how many power points you gain. This only determines your power points each level, powers known are still determined by your Restricted class. So a psion 3/lurk1/ultimate mentat3 would determine his power points as a level 5 psion and a level 4 lurk, so he would gain 25+17=42 power points rather then 25+5=30 which he would normally have as a level 5 psion and level 4 lurk. However he still only has 4 powers known as a lurk + the bonus one. Bonus power points gained from high ability scores are still added to this for both classes.