PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps the bucket list needs some revision

pendell
2010-04-01, 10:36 AM
From Orlando (http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/seminole_news/032910things-to-do-before-you-die-rob-a-bank)

DELAND, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - She robbed a bank and then went on the lam for three days. From behind bars, Patricia Edwards tells FOX 35 that it was on her "bucket list," or things to do before you die.

Last week, the cancer patient walked into a bank in Sanford, handing the teller a note demanding money. In surveillance video, Edwards, 51, is seen sporting a baseball cap during the heist at the Bank of America branch.

Edwards said she has leukemia but that it is not terminal. She also said she suffers from bi-polar disorder and was off of her medication.

Erm ... yeah. Next time, stay on the meds, okay?

I'd ask what bizarre things people have on their bucket list, but then the mods would come in and I will go back to my fun.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Mystic Muse
2010-04-01, 12:08 PM
Kill a Yak from three hundred yards away using mind bullets.:smalltongue:

I actually don't have anything on my bucket list. If I died right now I wouldn't care. I'd have no regrets.

arguskos
2010-04-01, 01:25 PM
Kill a Yak from three hundred yards away using mind bullets.:smalltongue:
Only the Men Who Stare At Goats (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234548/) can do that. :smallcool:

Also, my list would include gaining access to top secret files at least once, just for giggles.

Mystic Muse
2010-04-01, 01:26 PM
Only the Men Who Stare At Goats (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234548/) can do that. :smallcool:

Actually, Wonderboy and young Nasty man can do that too.:smalltongue:

KuReshtin
2010-04-01, 01:38 PM
Actually, Wonderboy and young Nasty man can do that too.:smalltongue:

Actually, it was only Young Nasty Man that can kill a yak with mind bullets. And it was only from 200 yards.

He also had the power... To move you..

Mystic Muse
2010-04-01, 01:39 PM
I guess I assumed they had the same powers. And I guess I just misheard it...

drakir_nosslin
2010-04-01, 01:51 PM
I'd like to do a base jump with a wingsuit at least once. And solve one of the millennium problems.

Then my life would be complete and I could die happy (and rich as well :smallcool:)

Aedilred
2010-04-01, 06:25 PM
Items on my list so far (that I can remember):

Fight a duel, with swords, to first blood.
Tick one of the boxes that you're obviously not meant to tick on a visa application form. You know the ones- "it is my intention to enter <country> to commit terrorist activities", and the like.
Fly the white ensign from my boat, with full entitlement to do so.
Wield a cricket bat in anger again (figuratively speaking).
Take my girlfriend to Rome.
Create and use a false identity (for philanthropic, not nefarious, purposes).
Drive through a line of traffic cones.

Obviously some of these are more ambitious, and achievable, than others.

Fay Graydon
2010-04-01, 06:38 PM
Hmmmm a bucket list...

- Drive a monster truck
- Get married to a handsome guy / Ryan Reynolds
- Go on a date with Ryan Reynolds
- Live forever or die trying.

Orzel
2010-04-01, 07:30 PM
Bathe in orange juice not from concentrate.
Get another superpower.
Defeat a single ninja.

Mystic Muse
2010-04-01, 07:38 PM
Bathe in orange juice not from concentrate.
Get another superpower.
Defeat a single ninja.

what's your first super power?

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-04-01, 07:41 PM
I'd like to do a base jump with a wingsuit at least once.
Hell YES.

* Marry the woman I love.
* Have at least one child.
* Publish a novel.
* Hike to Alaska and see the Aurora Borealis.
* Paddle the sounds of New Zealand (with hopeful viewings of the Aurora Corealis)
* Discover a new creature within the Amazon.

ClockShock
2010-04-01, 07:47 PM
Smoke on national television.

That is all.

nanobot_swarm
2010-04-01, 07:57 PM
-Buy the Green Destiny prop or a replica
-Desecrate a statue of Joseph Stalin
-Join the air-force
-Hike around in the American deserts
-Write a book or two
-Die riding the bomb

thubby
2010-04-01, 08:08 PM
-skydive
-visit new zealand (could probably do both at once)

RandomNPC
2010-04-01, 08:34 PM
I for some reason want once in my life to have such a valid reason to put someone in the hospital, that when I beat them silly and the cops show up, they ask why, and tell me to be on my way, because of my totally valid reason.

also, i want a bigger bucket, cause that's all I've got right now.

Rutskarn
2010-04-01, 08:36 PM
From Orlando (http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/seminole_news/032910things-to-do-before-you-die-rob-a-bank)

Erm ... yeah. Next time, stay on the meds, okay?

I'd ask what bizarre things people have on their bucket list, but then the mods would come in and I will go back to my fun.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Okay, in Creative Writing a month ago, I wrote a story about a guy who was near death and wanted to rob a bank because he'd always wanted to, and some clown said it was ridiculous and improbable.

Suck it.

Krade
2010-04-01, 08:41 PM
I for some reason want once in my life to have such a valid reason to put someone in the hospital, that when I beat them silly and the cops show up, they ask why, and tell me to be on my way, because of my totally valid reason.

"Well sir, you see, it really is a funny story. I was walking along, minding my own business, and this dude had the gall to look me in the eyes... What? Not cutting it, huh? Well crap... uh... *Switches to plan B* GTA MADE ME DO IT!!!"

absolmorph
2010-04-01, 08:51 PM
My bucket list includes
- Peeing off the back of a tank.
- Being in space
- Breaking the generally accepted laws of physics
- Wrestle a cougar and win.

Zocelot
2010-04-01, 09:23 PM
My bucket list is short, and almost completely illegal. Especially the part of it that says "Commit every possible crime at least once".

Raiki
2010-04-01, 09:32 PM
I'd have to go with:

Publish a novel (even if it's crap)
See GWAR live in concert
Help indoctrinate introduce the next generation to gaming.
Join a secret society
Get a tattoo
Form my own government

This is all for now.

~R~

Orzel
2010-04-01, 09:53 PM
what's your first super power?

Body elasticity, but muuuuuch weaker. Somewhat combat worthy.
But I want sand powers.

RandomNPC
2010-04-01, 10:08 PM
"Well sir, you see, it really is a funny story. I was walking along, minding my own business, and this dude had the gall to look me in the eyes... What? Not cutting it, huh? Well crap... uh... *Switches to plan B* GTA MADE ME DO IT!!!"

Thats the problem. I need to seriously find the BBEG getting in some serious puppy kicking for this to ever work out for me.

Also, I've added that I want to know what's on my friends bucket list, he says he isn't going to tell anyone the ones with names, but he's worked peoples names into everything.

snoopy13a
2010-04-01, 10:16 PM
I for some reason want once in my life to have such a valid reason to put someone in the hospital

This reminds me of a joke:

Some people say that Bobby Hull (an old time pretty boy hockey player) wasn't that tough. But one season he put three people in the hospital.

Granted, they were all in the maternity ward :smalltongue:

druid91
2010-04-01, 11:33 PM
Blow the world up,
Melt continents,
Ruin everything.
Not really,though that would be cool.

Mystic Muse
2010-04-01, 11:40 PM
Body elasticity, but muuuuuch weaker. Somewhat combat worthy.
But I want sand powers.

So, were you thinking Gaara or Sandman here?

absolmorph
2010-04-01, 11:55 PM
Blow the world up,
Melt continents,
Ruin everything.
I do this naturally.

Orzel
2010-04-02, 05:16 AM
So, were you thinking Gaara or Sandman here?

Expected response.
Gaara. Just without the 2 flaws.

RandomNPC
2010-04-04, 02:42 PM
Expected response.
Gaara. Just without the 2 flaws.

It's been a while what are the flaws again? the limit by amount of sand and inability to interact with people? or the sand demon living inside? something else?

edit:
may as well go with the powers of the guy from gen13 who gains properties of whatever he touches. Want sand powers? put some in your shoe, or get a house on the beach. Yea, the bad guys tried to take out the heroes of gen13 on a beach, it was a short fight. Haven't read it in years though.

Think of it kinda like bruce banners dad from the first hulk movie, only not horribly done.

Froogleyboy
2010-04-04, 02:54 PM
- Leave flowers on Syd Barret's grave
- Get my book published
- Learn to read music
- Smoke legal weed

Frozen_Feet
2010-04-04, 03:22 PM
I intend to dance on my brother's grave. My brother intends to never die. Yipee for sibling rivalry.

Other things that I, in general, want to do:

Get a black belt (or equivalent rank) in at least one martial art
Get promoted to Reservoir Master Soldier / Warrant Officer in army
Travel through Russia to China
Write a book
Learn to play at least one instrument
Learn to sing
Learn to dance
Succesfully complete a terror strike or other criminal operation, to show all these punks how its really done
...I'm guess I should squeeze "get significant other" here, but it sounds so much harder than the other things I might not quite manage to pull it off.

The_Librarian
2010-04-04, 03:25 PM
* drive at 70mph
* ride a horse
* finish writing and get my trilogy published (getting past p13 of the first part would be a great start)
* go to GenCon
* go to Paris
* go to Universal Studios
* get a dog

RandomNPC
2010-04-04, 05:30 PM
* drive at 70mph
* ride a horse
* finish writing and get my trilogy published (getting past p13 of the first part would be a great start)
* go to GenCon
* go to Paris
* get a dog

done the first two and last two.

when the posted speed limit on a highway is 65 and people pass you like you're doing 30 it's a safety hazzard to only go the speed limit.

Horses: I'd say take some lessons, it's not really that great unless you're THAT into it.

Universal studios is nice, I think I went when I was a tad to old to actually enjoy it though.

as for the doggie, get one tomorrow, they're great.

Felixaar
2010-04-05, 02:00 AM
- Get married to a handsome guy / Ryan Reynolds.

I approve of this like I have approved of nothing else.

As for me, there are a million things I want to do, but I'll sum up the big three.

- Get a Bachelor of Arts and force everyone to call me "Bachelor Felix", or perhaps "Lord Bachelor Felix." Use said degree to improve my journalistic skills and Diversion Magazine.

- Become a financially succesful and popular author, writing and publishing at least two dozen books as well as making many into films and video games.

- Find the perfect woman for me, trap her (see: marriage, shotgun wedding) and have many, many children (3+).

absolmorph
2010-04-05, 02:14 AM
* drive at 70mph
* ride a horse
* go to GenCon
* go to Paris
* get a dog
I dunno where you live, but 70 MPH is nothing in Southern California.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-04-05, 10:07 AM
I dunno where you live, but 70 MPH is nothing in Southern California.
That IS the speed limit where I'm from in north Georgia and also much of Tennessee. 80-90 mph is standard.

The_Librarian
2010-04-06, 01:44 PM
I've not passed my driving test yet, and so the fastest I've ever driven is 55mph. And 70mph is the fastest you can legally drive on the motorway in the UK. I think. Anyway, I can't drive at 70mph yet :smallwink:

I'm terrified of horses, so that's a bit of a challenge - but hey, you have to scare yourself sometimes.

Universal Studios is about to open Hogwarts. What can I say, I'm the nerdy type :smallbiggrin:

I think there's one more I'll add to my list:

* stroke/pat a dolphin

Arutema
2010-04-07, 08:39 PM
I'd ask what bizarre things people have on their bucket list.

The impossible:
Find love of the not unrequited variety, get married, have kids, maybe even in that order.
Sell out humanity to our robot overlords.

The possible:
Vegas.

Raiki
2010-04-07, 08:45 PM
The impossible:
Find love of the not unrequited variety, get married, have kids, maybe even in that order.
Sell out humanity to our robot overlords.

The possible:
Vegas.

I'm sorry sir, but if you look like O-Chul, I refuse to believe that the line of women waiting to ravage/be ravaged by you ends anywhere closer than the next state over.

~R~

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-04-07, 11:36 PM
Watch as many good movies and even bad movies as I can
Write a book
DM a successful D&D campaign
Play in a complete D&D campaign
Take up the violin again
Truly be happy and content for once
Become independently wealthy
Start a relationship with a feedee

The Extinguisher
2010-04-07, 11:47 PM
My bucket list:

- Write bucket list
- Do things on bucket list
- Die after doing things on bucket list

I'm not quite sure how to start this.

Arutema
2010-04-07, 11:58 PM
I'm sorry sir, but if you look like O-Chul, I refuse to believe that the line of women waiting to ravage/be ravaged by you ends anywhere closer than the next state over.

~R~
I blame it on my many crippling personality issues.

ForzaFiori
2010-04-08, 12:54 AM
-Visit every continent
-Reach Black Belt in a second martial arts
-Win a national sparring tourny
-Fight a duel (swords, first blood)
-Run a marathon
-Start a band, and become famous enough that we have: t-shirts, a true CD, and a gig that isn't in a bar or at a school dance
-Find out which town in North Italy my family is from (someone in my family knows, I just gotta find out who) and go there
-Get married, and have kids
-Buy a Lotus Exige
-Ride an Elephant
-smoke marijuana legally. Preferably in my own country, but if by the time I'm dying they're still stuck on it, I'll go to Amsterdam or something.
-break 200mph while driving any vehicle.
-Pierce something
-Tattoo something.

There are a few others, but they're religious in nature.

Zendora890
2010-04-08, 05:03 AM
- Go to the the burning man festival
- Own at least 5 different types of gecko
- Visit Japan
- Sing in a band
- Not have children

These are all I can think of for the moment, although Mum may do her best to stop the last one from happening :smallamused: