PDA

View Full Version : Mutants and Masterminds: The Found IC

Pages : [1] 2 3

Raynn
2010-04-01, 04:33 PM
You sit in the main lecture hall of Claremont Academy, some of you new arrivals, some old fixtures in the halls of Claremont Academy.
Daniel Sword takes to the stage as the new principle, a cute young woman named Athena, steps down. You recognise him as the new mayor of Freedom City.
“I’m here for a reason, and it’s not a photo op or to make sure that none of you are becoming super villains when I’m not looking. I’m here so that we can remember something, Event 84. In the battles that have occurred for our fair city since that day it would be easy for us to forget the sacrifices of those heroes.”

He pauses and looks out at the crowd, stepping around the podium and droppings his cards into a nearby trashcan.

“I’m not going to pretend that I have all the answers, that every hero here should say how high when I say jump but I want you to realise what is most important. This community, this family you have here, even when you don’t realise it. You need to be ready for the day, and this day will come, when you must stand shoulder to shoulder with every hero to fight for what his right.”

He sighs and looks up into the crowd “I want you to remember one thing ‘No one fights alone,’ remember that and you have the first piece to becoming a true hero.”

“That’s all I’ve got to. . .”
The Mayor is cut off as the wall burst open to his left, you see the shape of some sort of monster (http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b169/phineascurmudgeon/A-Bomb99.jpg) gore him and force him through the next wall back into outside in the courtyard. Most of the others have panicked and made for the exits.

What do you do?

Sinistral
2010-04-01, 05:22 PM
Collin Keene listened with mild interest to the Mayor’s speech . He was attempting to translate the politician speak into something relevant. He smiled a little bit when the Mayor tossed up the cards. “Very nice. Using ‘improv’ to endear himself to us teenagers. ‘Look at me, I rebel against authority, too!’” Even so, Collin had to hand it the guy, he could give a good speech.

“I’m not going to pretend that I have all the answers, that every hero here should say how high when I say jump but I want you to realize what is most important. This community, this family you have here, even when you don’t realize it. You need to be ready for the day, and this day will come, when you must stand shoulder to shoulder with every hero to fight for what his right.”

The end of the speech made Collin pay more attention. “Does he mean this in a general way, or does he have something specific in mind…” Collin wondered. “I wonder if we can go- WHAT THE ****!" Collin is jostled to ground as people try to escape that … thing. He jumps to his feet, trying to decide what to do. As far as Collin could see, no one seemed to be volunteering to go save the Mayor. Collin turned to the ruined wall. “This is a bad idea, a very, very bad idea.” If Collin had a heart, he was sure it would be pounding right now. Collin closes his eyes, and releases control, as the hordes of nanites that compose his body split apart, an then compose themselves into a vaguely humanoid shape, enveloped in a cloud of what looks like a swarm of metallic gnats. Readying himself for battle, he flies into the courtyard after the Mayor's monstrous assassin.

Here I transform into my Alternate Form (Swarm), and then fly into the courtyard, to assess the situation.

Raynn
2010-04-01, 05:28 PM
As you survey the scene you see this;
http://redhulk.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/red-hulk-must-have-1.jpg

The red beast sees you and almost with a hint of fear leaps away till he disappears as a dot in the sky. You can't see the Mayor but other students and staff are scattered about. Fleeing and in danger.

The monster that remains turns his attention to you, standing heroiclly upon the rubble like a podium.

Sinistral
2010-04-01, 06:04 PM
Collin stares at the very large blue monster, suddenly uncomformtably aware of how alone he is. "This is a school for superheroes, you think I could get a little backup."

"Err, Hey, you, Blue Guy!", Collin's voice sounds as if it emanates from millions of tiny speakers. "Clearly I need to review heroic banter 101." Collin thought to himself. Well, here goes nothing...

Collin focused a sphere of the nanites into his 'hand', and launched it at the blue giant.

I use swarm strike.

1d20=6 If it hits, DC 23.

smuchmuch
2010-04-01, 06:36 PM
Eiko hasn't been paying attention to the Mayor's speech, she simply had setted her audio receptor on record and listen later. The only part wich had partly taken her attention was the part when he wasted a perfectly good card while saying something about not having all the answers.
That sounded like a weird mesage to transmit. Why openly admit weakness whitout being chalenged ? Oddly the crowd didn't seem to react well to this glaring confession of inneficiency. Obviously there were here somme subtleties of human thinking that were escaping her at the moment.

Suddenly the wall behind the mayor sudenly shatter and the mayor get caught by a unknwon organism.
Eiko hesitate a bit, not sure weither she should be intervening or not (after all, for all she know it is customary to have mayoral speeches interupted by giant blue unenditified oganisms).

She tries to move closer, but bumps into running student engaged in what she identify as the "fight or flight response
Grabing a feeling student, she asks "I get it that isn't supposed to happen ?" The look she get in answer as she shake herself free is an elegant enough answer.

//Situation assesed: Disturbance. Potential threat. probable fight situation//agressor non recognized.//engaging. Readying fighting capabilities.// Readyiong for investigation

Her hand start cracking with electrecity as she moves to the courtyard. She takes a good look at the scene. Currently the potential target seem to stand still, there is no trace of the mayor. She doesn't act agressively in case the intruder decide to initiate communication but stand ready to intervene.

Electrical blast (6) to the monster if it does anything openly agressive toward or any of the other students

" I think it would be in your interest to cease violence and surrender" The way she says it, it isn't a threat, or a demand, it's just a constatation.

Raynn
2010-04-01, 06:44 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Collin's shot goes wide and the beast approaches the two.

Eiko's shot hits the beast squarely in the chest as he approaches her but it doesn't even seem to phase the monster.

smuchmuch
2010-04-01, 09:44 PM
//Situation updated. //Primary weapon system inneficient
I don't think I have anything powerfull for that kind of armor
//Threat level raised to Uh oh. //Boosting defensive reactions.// searching for new approach
Taking a few step backward, Eiko brace for impact, hoping to buy somme time for the non combatants to leave the scene (not that she really care about their well being, it just make the situation simpler) and for somme support to arrive.

Preparing for total defense (raising total defense to 10)
there's pobaly something that could be done with bluf and feats such as distract and fascinate but I'm keping that for later.

Sinistral
2010-04-01, 11:39 PM
Collin seethed with frustration as his shot went wide. "It's effing huge, how did I miss that?" The new girl wasn't having much luck either. It didn't even flinch when it took her blast. He watched as she assumed a defensive form. Before coming to this school, Collin might have had chivalrous instinct to try to get in-between the monster and the odd looking Japanese girl. Now, however, he had seen enough to know that she was probably better equipped to take a hit then he was.

He called out to the girl, "Any ideas on how we can take this thing down?" I doubt we can beat it in a straight up slugfest.

"If at first you don't succeed..."

If it's been a round then I use Swarm Blast. [roll0] DC 23
Also, my homing attack takes effect: . [roll1] DC 23
If it has not been a round, disregard this.

kpenguin
2010-04-02, 12:43 AM
Hikaru was listening quietly as the Mayor makes his speech. It was, at least short, if not entirely inspirational. He stands up quickly as the attack occurs, his body glowing with bright white light. He watches as two of his fellow students follow.

Lifting into the air, Hikaru flies after the strange girl and the metallic swarm. He pauses for a moment.
Maybe I should call Mister Albright, ask him what to do. Tell him what's happening.

He shakes his head.

No... I can't be calling for aid every time something bad happens. If I'm going to be next Beacon, I need to stand on my own two feet.

Hikaru surveys the scene, noting the noncombatants swarming around, trying to get away.

Alright, keep calm, keep calm, keep calm. What do I need to do? Right, secure the area. Make sure nobody gets hurt.

He swooping down near the beast, Hikaru nods to his schoolmates also in battle before spreading his arms outward, his hands shining with the light of the light-bearer. His face passively looking down at the beast, a wall of shimmering glow circles the brawl

Hikaru is hovering around fifty feet above the fray and shifts all power in his Light Control Array to Create Object, creating a hollow topless cylinder that encircles at least Hikaru and the A-Bomb lookalike and excludes any noncombatants. If it can include Collin and Eiko without including any noncombatants, it does so.

The cylinder is as wide as it can be to meet the above specifications and fills out the rest of Hikaru's maximum Create Object area (nine 5 ft. squares) in height.

Raynn
2010-04-02, 06:23 AM
The swarm attack strikes hard but the monster doesn't notice he looks up at the beacon as he creates the barrier, too small to include the other fighters.

The beast leaps up at Beacon II attempting to grab him, he strikes hard and tries to wrap his arms around beacon before landing on the rooftop of a nearby building.

He grabs Beacon II on the way down, slamming hard into the roof of the Lecture hall.

His grapple modifier was so high you couldn't beat it:smallredface:

kpenguin
2010-04-02, 10:39 AM
Uh-oh. Not good, not good... and no... stay focused. Calm.

Hikaru struggles in vain to wrest himself from the blue beast's grasp.

Maybe I should blind it with a quick burst of light... no, too dangerous. It'd hit anyone looking at us. Well, at least it's away from everyone else now.

Should I be making toughness rolls?

Sinistral
2010-04-02, 01:55 PM
"This is not going well, not well at all..." The monster just took everything that had been thrown at it without even flinching. He thought they had it with that light spell, but it got out of that, too. He readied another attack, hoping to distract the beast from the newcomer.

Use Swarm Blast, [roll0] DC 23

smuchmuch
2010-04-02, 04:15 PM
Eiko still wasn't sure why the flying one had created a topless barrier rather than a full cage around the target, but the result didn't suprised her one bit. It was fairly predictable. In fact she almost wondered if she should really intervene as maybe it was all part of a cunning strategy she just didn't get. On the other hand he didn't sem to do so well and Dire-sama would probaly be quite annoyed if a student died during the first at her new job.

She concentrates for a quarter of a second. Her whole body seems to shimer.
Move action: Using mental shapeshift to get
-Feat: Distract
-4 point in disguise
-12 point in bluff
-Taunt

"Repeating the same mistake a third time will not make it sudenly work. As you said yourself we will not beat though sheer force. Neither do we have too all we have to do is to distract it long enough."
She doubted such a comotion would pass unoticed, particaulary with the mayor himself threatened. By now, no doubt the NLF (she knew personaly how fast and hard they could respond) or another response force was probaly already on it's way.
"It has ignored our attack until now. So I will atempt to distract the thing. Do what you will, but the one on the roof could use help."

//Acessing comportement library// .. Loading available strategies........ computing available option... Loading. strategy formulated. Taking effect now. y/n
Y
I just hope that thing is not much smarter than it looks.

As this point her body has become an inform fluid mass wich quickly seems to inflate and reforms in another shape and color. A keen obsever would actualy realise that most of her boy is still made of the same of liquid, it just changed colors and visual texture to imitate something solid. Soon in her place, pprently stands the huge red monster she saw flying away when she penetrated in the courtyard. Apparently the blue thing whatever it was had it for him so that should constitute an apropriate distraction.

//Accessing image library//Reconfigurating apparence. Calibrating body mass//size.. Loading colors.............Done

Using Morph as a free action
disguise check [roll0]

"If you have other abilities than blasting energy, I suggest you start thinking of a way to use them to gain a tactical advantage now."

She let the two seconds necessary for her to to configure her vocal system, to Collin to take a head start.
//Volume set to maximum. //Accessing sound library
Hope this works
taking what she identify as a chalenging pose, Eiko emmits the closest thing she can emulate as a roar in the direction of the roof.

Using distract as standart action. if it works the thing is dazled giving a small avantage to Kpenguin's character to free himself (or at least making sure he won't be crushed this round, wich is alway good). If someone who hasn't posted yet wants to enter the fight, now would be an excelent time.
If Hikaru doesn't manage to free himself even with someone else help, Eiko will use trick to try to convince the thing to let him go and attack her intead
Bluff [roll1]

Raynn
2010-04-02, 07:32 PM
Hikaru:
No, he's doesn't seem to be trying to crush Hikaru

Another shot dances along the beast's skin and it doesn't even seem to notice.
It roars out at Eiko's trick and turns towards her, leaping down about to rush her as it drops Hikaru.

Daniel Sword, Mayor of Freedom city stumbles into the archway of the courtyard, his clothes ripped and torn "kids, stand down the N.F.L. will be any minute."

A voice rings out from the end of the main hall into the courtyard "We don't have minutes Daniel," her tone is annoyed yet level and business like.

The beast turns away at the sound, towards the small woman (http://interracialscentral.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/summer_glau_2006.jpg) wearing silver gauntlets as if from some advanced battle suit.

She raises her hands and points towards the beast, fearless "these are MY students! So monster or no monster you will treat them with respect! SO SAYS DIRE!"

With that a pulse reverberates through the whole courtyard and the beast roars out in pain, swinging blindly, striking nothing before collapsing and turning into a shirtless, dark green haired boy.

Dire points one gauntlet at his head "Detention, for as long as you live and breath."

The boy looks up at her for a moment before promptly collapsing.

She looks up from him her serious and dangerous look fading to one of sheer exuberance, a smile stretched across her face "Are you all okay? Do any of. . ."

Her voice is cut off by Daniel shouting "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ATHY! YOU'RE PREGNANT! IF IT HIT YOU ONCE. . .!"

Athena cut him off "but he didn't, and I'm fine."

"He could have killed BOTH OF YOU!" He shouted with a terrified look.

A few secret service agents began to rush over to the Mayor as Athena spoke again "Daniel, we're done here."

"No, we're not!" Daniel half shouted as the agents flanked him and began to pull him away.

"No Daniel. . . We are." she said in monotone but watched him sadly as he departed, a scared, depressed look on his face.

She turns back to you all "is anyone hurt?"

smuchmuch
2010-04-02, 08:35 PM
As she morph back into her regular form, Eiko runs a short system diagnostic and gives the result with a short bow. "No damages found, Dire ue-Sensei".*
Except maybe for pride.** The fact it was just another student make the whole thing somehow even more annoying. And the principal just took it down in one movement, although that doesn't upset Eiko so much as renforce her respect for the woman, hence the overly superlative sufixe.

Not appearing shaken or even upset by the fight, (though she was scared for a moment when the monster rushed in her dirrection, she just doesn't show it), Eiko just brushes her clothes and make her way back to the conference room, quietly waiting for the normal programm of activite to resume.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* I intend to eventualy cool it down with the gratuitous fake japanese titles (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GratuitousJapanese) (Mostly because I'll have forgoten half of them by two page or so). it's just for the flavor of having acting streoticaly animish (it's not like she can help it, she's been progrmmed that way) character in a western comic book world. when the game become serious, I'll tone that aspect of the character down.

**Wich, as we know, comes before The Fall, therefore we can only deduce The Shame will take place after The Rise.

Sinistral
2010-04-02, 09:03 PM
“Wha- Wait.. .Huh?” Collin took a couple seconds to collect himself. “No, I don’t think it hurt any of us.” He waited a moment, and then burst out with questions. “That thing was a student? Why would a student try to kill the Mayor?”

He took a moment to examine Athena Dire. “She took down that thi- student so easily…” She was pregnant, presumably with the Mayor’s child, and yet she had no problem throwing herself into danger to save her students, and only wearing a small piece of her armor. He couldn’t help but wonder what the exact relationship between her and the Mayor was.

kpenguin
2010-04-02, 09:27 PM
Well, that was interesting

Hikaru floats down to Athena.

"No injuries to report, ma'am."

Who was this small woman, his principal, brave enough to stand between a monster and her students?

Knowledge (Current Events) check to see if Hikaru knows anything about Athena Dire.

[roll0]

Arq Kujos
2010-04-03, 10:27 AM
Richardson was sitting downstairs watching the mayor give his speech on a monitor. Great, another politician giving a speech. Just what I love to watch. Richardson wasn't impressed. He tossed a look over to his battle suit, the Sentinel. "I still can't believe I took this job. What the hell do I know about teaching kids?" He smirked for a moment before turning his attention back to the monitor.

On the screen, a strange blue monster was tearing up the academy and the students. It was big, ugly, and seemed to be handling the students with little to no difficulty. Without saying a word, he ran to his suit and punched in a key code to open it. The suit's seal down the front split open and Richardson stepped in it. It closed around him and in about 30 seconds, it was ready to go. He stepped out of his charging station from under the school and punched a command into his wrist communicator. A door above him opened. Richardson engaged his thrusters and flew up the open tube to the courtyard where the action had spilled to.

However, by the time he had arrived, a Athena had already driven the beast off. He watched as the beast flew off and then looked to Athena. "Is everyone alright?" he asked in a deeper, more mechanical tone.

Raynn
2010-04-03, 02:02 PM
Athena walks over to Eiko and brushes a hand gently through her hair with a smile "just be more careful next time Eiko."

She glances over the other students and then to Richardson before she speaks "Mr. Richardson, I was meant to look over the Next Gen Entrance exam but I believe I now have a meeting with Daniel, which will likely involve much yelling and then him buying me my weight in rocky road ice cream, if you please, could you bring these students to meet the seniors in the combat simulator on subbasement level 4, it seems they fancy their chances in the test."

She walks back over to the student that a moment ago was the monster and picks him up, he's young, looking barely 15 "I will bring John to be looked after, he was using S.P.I.N. tech to control his transformations, it seems something must have gone wrong."

With that she walks away again.

Leaving Richardson with the students.

kpenguin
2010-04-03, 02:18 PM
Combat simulator? Things sure are moving fast.

Hikaru looks to the man in the powersuit Athena had called "Mr. Richardson".

"Sir."

I'm assuming the Knowledge check failed?

Raynn
2010-04-03, 02:32 PM
Sorry. Forgot it there for a second.

You are aware that she was recently made principal after Mr. Summers stepped down and that she has some personal connection with the mayor. Other than that she seems to be an almost complete unknown to you.

Sinistral
2010-04-03, 03:18 PM
"So, we’re going to take a test?” Collin asked, slightly redundantly. He was going to ask about whatever S.P.I.N. was, but the prospect of being even considered for the Next Gen drove it from his mind. He’d dreamed of joining the Next Gen as a kid, what kid hadn’t? But now, to be faced with the possibility of joining the famous youth super hero team, especially so soon after Event 84... was more than a little overwhelming.

Arq Kujos
2010-04-03, 03:41 PM
"Yes. Before we can help you understand your gifts, we need to know what you can do and what the full extent of your powers are."

Richardson turned back to Athena and said, "I'll take care of the students." He saluted in military fashion and then turned back to the students. "If all you could follow me.," he said, leading them back inside towards level 4.

smuchmuch
2010-04-03, 04:07 PM
//?.//Querry
"Yelling is a sign of conflictual relationship is it not ? How does ice cream fits into it ?" asks a puzzled Eiko to no one in particular, before getting back at the matter at hand with a shrug. That is a mistery she'll have to investigate later.

"Combat simulation feels somehow redundant" she comments,waving at the ruined roof of the library building before following Richardson. She doesn't think much about eventually joining next gen in itself, if it the way she is deemed most usefull then so be it, even if is sensible to the fact she is trusted with something considered an unique opportunity.

Raynn
2010-04-03, 04:12 PM
As you go enter the building a few of the younger students look at you with wide eyes, students rush past you to spread the gossip of your actions to their classmates.

As you reach the elevator Mr Richardson enters a code into the keypad and the elevator slowly descends to sub basement 4, the doors glide open. To reveal a large foyer like room, bean bags and other seating scattered about the room with monitors on each of the grey walls.

A dozen heads to turn to you as you enter. One of them belongs to a girl made of solid dull grey metal, another belongs to a boy with one arm made of magma the other of ice, yet another belongs to a part bat part human.

The crowd also includes a small blonde haired girl who's arm morphs continuely like she is fidgiting.

The others have no outward display of their powers but you know from your time at Claremont that they're all seniors, most of the remaining senior year actually.

A large door rest in front of you, steel, maybe even admantium, sealed shut.

kpenguin
2010-04-03, 05:54 PM
As they walk, Hikaru's eyes flit to his classmates, the ones who had also taken the initiative to aid in fighting that other student.

The girl... she was very pretty, very very pretty. There was something off about her appearance, though, something Hikaru could not place. And then the emotionless, cold way she spoke was rather chilling.

The boy... he seemed nice enough. HE at least seemed to act real where the girl did not... though the way he transformed into little metal robots might imply he wasn't.

Hikaru decides that perhaps an introduction is in order.

"Um... hello, by the way. I'm Hikaru. I will be the next.... I am the new Beacon"

Sinistral
2010-04-03, 06:30 PM
As Collin scanned the mass of seniors he couldn’t help but wonder what the hell he was doing here. They had all been here for years, while he was only a recent arrival of a few months. How was he supposed to compete with them? He forced himself to calm down. I just helped to contain a very large monster, and I doubt the principal would send me here if I couldn’t handle it. Hikaru’s introduction interrupted his mental pep talk.

"Um... hello, by the way. I'm Hikaru. I will be the next.... I am the new Beacon"

"Err, hello. My name is Collin. Collin Keene. Or Matrix. I’m still getting used to the whole alternate identity thing." He attempted
a smile, but with some embarrassment, he realized that he had forgotten to return to his human form. “ I’d offer to shake your hand, but uhh…” he trails off, waving his nanite composed 'hand'.

smuchmuch
2010-04-03, 06:45 PM
///Morphing*patial reconfigaration.(right.arm)*//.
Eiko turns her hand partilay into liquid. Would an observer capable of miniature vision be in the environs, he would see that it's actually more of a gel, composed of billion of small moving balls.
Looking through her hand, she compare it to the one who just indentified himself as Colin or Matrix. She hadn't been able to pay much attention to it during the fight, but there was little doubt. Different abilities, different aspect, but this were also a swarm of nanites, probably off much purer quality than her own.

Maybe there is truth in the saying the world is a small place." (A saying wich until now had seemed rather odd to her, as "small" is not the adjective Eiko would apply to a 12,742 km diameter ball. But right now it's funny how it seemd fitting.) "Maybe that he technology is getting generalized ? she wonders as her arm solidify back top normal. She would have somme questions to ask later.

The other one looked much more human, but, even if she hadn't be able to watch his abilities in combat, his shining eye were a clear indicator of his particular nature. Otherwise for someone who could manipulate light, if her observations from the fight were any indication, he didn't seem too bright.

"I am Eiko. I am glad to meet you both" While it is obvious that last part is more automatic politeness than anything else, her interest seem genuine rather than simply polite. "The new beacon of what, if i may ask ? Light ?"

kpenguin
2010-04-03, 07:22 PM
"Um... yes. I am a Light-Bearer... one of an ancient line of champions of light. My mentor, Mr. Albright... Mr. Langston Albright, he was the Beacon and I take my super name from him. Before him, White Rose and White Thorn weilded the power.

I... I have their legacy on my shoulders."

Raynn
2010-04-03, 08:05 PM
As beacon finishes he notices the boy with one magma and one ice arm approaching, he seems like he's looking for a fight, either with words or fists, when he speaks to beacon it's almost a sneer "Aren't you a little short for a senior?"

Sinistral
2010-04-03, 09:12 PM
Collin turns to face the 'bully', "Short, really? That's what you're going with? Isn't that a little cliché? I was hoping the bullies at a school for superheroes would be slightly more original in their choice of emotional torment, but I'm sadly disappointed. Anything else you wanted to say?" Collin knew he probably should have said something slightly more diplomatic, but he was still pretty wired from the first fight, and didn't feel like trying to reason with this jackass.

smuchmuch
2010-04-03, 09:50 PM
"Your interuption of this conversation was both rude and uncalled for." this short constatation is Eiko only contribution to the situation as she steps on the side.

//Completingfile:"Autobiographic notes: /Living with meat. Chapter 2: Hormons. Why I am happy not to have any."))

From what she readed, young mamals chalenging each other to meaningless fight for matter of dominance is perfectly normal behaviour and entirely to be expected. As she isn't the one chalenged and the situation is such that it seem ulikely anyone life would be in danger, she doesn't really care. She won't act, until things get serious (or she is directly concerned). If anything, it will be great data to watch.

kpenguin
2010-04-03, 11:37 PM
Hikaru watches silently as Collin defends him. There is a small feeling of shame. Why couldn't he defend himself?

I should say something.

But he remains quiet. Chances are, saying something would just make things worse. He didn't want a fight.

Instead, he looked over to Mr. Richardson, the only adult in the room.

Raynn
2010-04-04, 07:44 AM
A boy steps forward and puts and arm between the bully and the others "back off FrostBurn."

He turns to the others and outstretches his hand "my name's the Expert by the way, so are you guys taking the test?"

smuchmuch
2010-04-04, 08:26 AM
"Yes." small pause"The expert in what field ?" Eiko just doesn't get the apparent pleasure there is to be had, in taking perfectly ordinary common names and turning them into pompous sounding titles.

Raynn
2010-04-04, 08:30 AM
"You must be Eiko, every field," he answers with an amused grin.

smuchmuch
2010-04-04, 08:45 AM
//browsing vocabulary registery// entry:expert//definition:[a person who has special skill or knowledge in some particular field; specialist; authority:
"I am. we have not met before, may I ask how you know about me ?" slight bow "Also, doesn't that directly contradict the meaning of the expertness ?"

Raynn
2010-04-04, 08:53 AM
"it's one field at a time so not really I suppose, and I guess you could say I looked you up when I walked over," he says with a slight bow of his own.

smuchmuch
2010-04-04, 09:45 AM
"Oh. You have multiple databases wich you can only access one at a time, although, I cannot imagine why I would be mentioned in one of them." deduces Eiko from what he said and the way she works herself. And from then jumps to a second ,somewhat logical but perfectly false, conclusion "You look very natural. Who made you ?"

Raynn
2010-04-04, 10:09 AM
Expert laughs and smiles at her, amused but not insulted "Sorry, I'm human, a group called SCIENCE made me what I am today but I'm almost one hundred percent flesh and bone, they just fiddled around with my nervous system and brain."

kpenguin
2010-04-04, 12:25 PM
I should introduce myself, maybe. Yes. Let's do that.

Hikaru extends a hand.

"Hello, I'm Hikaru Hoshi.... the Beacon. Thank you for your intervention. We're here to see a... combat simulator?"

Raynn
2010-04-04, 03:26 PM
"Nice to meet you Beacon, and you're not here to watch, you're here to take part, the combat simulator used to be based around holograms, now you sit in a chair and enter a virtual combat simulation, it's safer I guess. I'm pretty sure their putting the finishing touches to wherever they're sending us now. . ."

Malfunctioned
2010-04-04, 05:46 PM
A grey-skinned figure becomes visible behind Eiko, though perhaps he was always there, just....hiding. His hair hangs lightly over his face and he seems to be pretty much unremarkable. He speaks, his voice sounding like a whisper yet with the full volume of any normal voice.

"Great, another chance for me to just stand there whilst everyone else runs and screams in fear?"

He winks slightly at the small group.

"Sounds like fun."

Raynn
2010-04-04, 05:53 PM
The Expert sees the odd looks the others in Richardson's group, including Richardson gives the supposed new arrival "he's been here the whole time, he has, didn't you notice."

He looks back at the unnoticed teen and smiles with a look of realisation "a perception filter right? kept you hidden?"

Malfunctioned's late arrival's powers allow him to go unnoticed so I'm assuming his character has been around since the beginning but no one noticed him. Expert due to his abilities automaticly did.

Malfunctioned
2010-04-04, 06:01 PM
"Either that or I'm just really boring. I prefer the first one myself."

He pauses for a second, his dull grey eyes staring upwards briefly before flicking back to meet Expert's gaze.

"That wouldn't explain everything though. Anyway, has anyone got any idea how long it will take for this thing to come online?"

He says, gesturing towards the door.

Sinistral
2010-04-04, 06:16 PM
((Sorry I’m late responding, I couldn’t access a computer today until now))

Collin examines the newcomer suspiciously, “Just how long have you been following us anyway?”
He turns to the student who helped defuse the situation with Frostburn. What did he say his name was? Expert? He claimed SCIENCE made him. Maybe we can compare stories once we finish this test. The thought amused Collin, then it reminded him that he had no idea what the test was. 'Combat Simulator' could be a lot of things, few of them pleasant. "So, could anyone tell me what exactly this test is going to be? It’s all been pretty vague info so far".

Raynn
2010-04-04, 06:18 PM
"come online? dude, you got in the chair five minutes ago?" the Expert looks serious for a moment before laughing.

"Kidding, kidding, any minute now I guess."

As he finishes the doors open to reveal several bed like structures (http://i41.tinypic.com/2zisegj.png), row after row "or right now and I don't know what the test is like, they've never tested or regulated the Next Gen before."

smuchmuch
2010-04-04, 06:43 PM
"But you are invisible to cameras, motion detectors and electronic systems too aren't you ?" That's a rethorical question since she already know the answer."It's more than dulness then. It's not a form of mind control either" comments Eiko to Wisp's about his powers

//Accessing databaseTech//adv//unc//Searching.
As the door opens, she approaches the bed and take a good look at the machines in the room, trying to see how they work , would it even work on people who like collin otr her who had no real brain to speak off ,and maybe what to expect, while waiting for instructions.

Knowlege (technology) [roll0] roll

Sinistral
2010-04-04, 07:05 PM
Collin eyes the virtual reality beds warily. “I guess that answers my question. How very… dystopian. So do we just, what, lie down?” Collin wondered if this technology would work with his, unique, physiology. The link between the nanite is sufficiently close enough to a human brain that I was able to be read by a psychic. So this should work, too. I hope. He floated over to one of the beds, wondering if in order to lie down in it, he would have to reform himself. He hoped that wasn’t the case. Though the nanites could form his body almost perfectly, they could not form clothes. He no desire whatsoever to experience that infamous nightmare firsthand.

((EDIT: Nanites not nannies. Stupid spell check...))

kpenguin
2010-04-04, 07:13 PM
Beacon approaches a bed as well and runs his fingers down it.

Virtual reality, huh? Lovely

Malfunctioned
2010-04-04, 07:18 PM
Wisp looks over to the girl.

"What if I'm really, really boring?" He ponders for a second.
"Do you reckon that would work?"

He wanders over to one of the beds, brushing a grey hand over it.

smuchmuch
2010-04-04, 07:51 PM
Eiko take a long look at Wisp.
"...I'm seriously consedering the possibility. But I don't think so."

whan richardson gives the signal, Eiko takes place on a bed and turns down most of her access protection sub programs, waiting for the machine to establish a connection. She isn't aprehensive in the slightest, only curious about what will come next.

Arq Kujos
2010-04-05, 07:57 AM
"Ok, everyone. Let's get this started. We don't have all day to play around. Just go ahead and hop on a bed and we'll get this started." Sentinel walked out of a large hallway and into the room. "Don't worry, this technology is completely safe." I think. he added in his mind. "I'll be monitoring you for a bit until you get started. Once you get the hang of it, the machine does all the work." Sentinel seemed to be in quite the hurry as he made his way over to the control room.

kpenguin
2010-04-05, 12:34 PM
Hikaru silently lies down in the bed.

Raynn
2010-04-05, 04:08 PM
As each of the students lay down their minds go completely blank as the neural architecture is put in place, due to the similiar process that allows nanites to interact as they change shape this process works equally smoothly on Matrix and Eiko.

After a moment the younger students awake to see a stylized white room, curved surfaces and circles dot the large white room, a handful of chairs in which in the students wake form a loose circle around the rooms center. [think of the cloner's architecture in Star wars episode 2]

After a moment a tall pale man with a broad smile in a white suit materialises in front of the group, in the center of the room. His hair is almost perfect white with a faint hint of golden blonde, his eyes are a very light blue.

"I am the Brain Interactive Construct, I am here to answer any of your questions, please enjoy your stay here."

You notice you are all now wearing plain white clothes, except Eiko who has been made to wear a white dress, you also notice none of the seniors are around or with you in the room.

Mr Richardson sees that everything seems to be going fine for the students, Athena will be alerted should anything go wrong so he is free to hunt the beast that fought the other monster ealier.

kpenguin
2010-04-05, 04:45 PM
Hikaru sits himself in one of the chairs and waits patiently. This would be a real test of his abilities. He hopes to make Mister Albright proud.

smuchmuch
2010-04-05, 05:34 PM
//rebooting sensory input//Rebooting conciousness//Blackout//no internal cause found//potential malfunction?//Investigate. y/n
n

Eiko look around. even if she doesn't show it, she is impressed. shje know she is a simulation and yet feel no difference. The computational power of a machine capable of creating and sending enough data to overpower all of comerade and her senses in such an evoluted way must be astronomical oh, (so superior to her own). The dress is a nice touch.

She would ask many questions, but realise that the AI was probaly being superlative when saying it would resolve any question (The mistery of the ice cream will have to wait somme more).
"B.I.C-sensei, I believe we were sheduled for a test. May I ask what will be evaluated and on wich standarts ?"

Raynn
2010-04-05, 06:01 PM
"You may refer to me as BrainIaC, not the B.I.C., you will be tested seperately to the other students as you were not on my original roster of twelve, your friends will greet you when you have finished, there will be cake Eiko-Chan."

He motions with an outstretched handtowards a red door that has just appeared on the far wall of the circular room. Unlike the rest of the futuristic looking room it is wooden and inlayed like the door of a normal suburban home.

"Go through as soon as you are ready to begin the test."

kpenguin
2010-04-05, 06:29 PM
Hikaru's eyes flit between BrainIaC and Eiko as he walks to the door.

AIs. Those things give me the creeps.

He opens it.

Raynn
2010-04-05, 07:12 PM
As you open the door you see large robotic purple figures, taller than a house, attacking the white house, hundreds of civilians run in terror, to and from danger. The door seems to open up onto the middle of the garden outside the white house and no one seems to notice you as you stand at the door way looking at the scene.

The smell of something burning smells your ears as blasts from the hands of the bipedal machines fill your vision. The sound of screams fill your ears. It seems real to you. Horrifyingly so.

smuchmuch
2010-04-05, 07:14 PM
Eiko is a little diapointed. If BrainIaC-sensei didn't want to answer her question he could simply have told her so rather than ressorting to unrelated answers and overused internet memes.
She walks to the door and walks through it.

kpenguin
2010-04-05, 07:51 PM
Okay. Not real. Not real. Not real. Focus. Calm.

Hikaru looks over to Eiko who had followed him through the door.

"I don't suppose you have a plan, Ms. Eiko?"

smuchmuch
2010-04-05, 08:03 PM
mental shapeshift,

Feats:
-Assessement
-Set up

Skills:
-Notice 6(5)
-Bluff 6(8)

"Not knowing what to expect either, no. I'm sorry Huraki-dohai."

kpenguin
2010-04-05, 08:41 PM
Hikaru grimaces

That gratuitous Japanese is getting irritating... no. Focus.

I should try to minimize civilian casualties. But... there are so many of them... and I don't think I have enough power to create a large enough perimeter... or that I could create one that would separate the robots from the civilians.

What would Mister Albright do? What would he do?

Hikaru shimmers with golden light and begins to float up.

"I'm going to try to lead the civilians away from here. Could you please keep the robots busy?", he asks quietly as he lifts into the air.

smuchmuch
2010-04-05, 09:56 PM
Eiko contemplate the scene. She doesn't find the whole thing horrifying, just.. distasteful. Going on rampages like that is what gives robots everywhere a bad name don't you now ? and human casualty are just unnaceptable.
"Yes." she waves at the door to wich the others might comme "But shouldn't we wa..." *scream in the distance* "I suppose not. Moving into position now."

Just before she moves away, she adds very fast
"You do not seems to have a comm link or anyway to communicate." she just mention the whole white out field to indicate that given the size of the place*, it is probable they'll find ourselves out of hearing range "Imediate support or rally, create a flare of the color violet. need to know were I am, yellow, Alarm about an imminent danger or a change, bright red. I'll throw a vertical bolt if I can, as answer."
and that said she start running, her hands cackling with electrecity

Eiko prepares to move to a position where she will be able to attract the robots attention away from the zone containing the most civilians. As she moves, she scans her environement for a genral layout of the place and things wich could provide her a small tactical avantage when the robots fight back, Landmarks wich could provide cover, drain holes, etc....
She also observe the movement of their adversaries in order to gain an indsight about their capacities.

Since we haven't roled initiative yet, I assume combat hasn't started so we're not counting actions yet.
Notice roll [roll0]
Assessement [roll1]
count plus +11 every time if we consider she has enough time to waste a movement action to mental shpeshift betwen each rolls, but somehow I doubt so.

And a general plan of the batle field, apparent number of nenmies, where they are and so on would be nice.

When she'll get into position, she'll mental shapeshift to get before engaging combat.

-Notice 4 (3)
-Bluff 8(10)
-Taunt
-Distract

*Never visited the place but I'm pretty sure the gardens ae supposed to be huge.

kpenguin
2010-04-05, 11:13 PM
"Right."

Hikaru flies away without another word away from the fray and toward the safest area possible. As he flies, his body blazes into a bright white light, shining down like a star upon the entire scene.

Turning around when he's reached a clear area, he shoots a flare of bright white* light up to catch the attention of any civilians who still have not taken notice of him and shouts down to the panicking civilians. His voice is soft and clear, but loud and firm.

"Attention! Don't panic. Please, follow me to safety. This way!"

*A color not specified by Eiko as a signal color

Hikaru's Flight and Force Field effects are now on. Shifting all points into Light Control to produce those bursts of light

Raynn
2010-04-06, 01:51 AM
Eiko:
Their attack bonus is noticeably lower than yours, their defence bonus is higher.
There appears to be four of the machines, two behind the building, two infront like you. A large number of civilians divide you from the machines, they appear to be seaching for someone or something.

Many of the civilians begin to race towards Hikaru and then out to the street behind to relative safety.

kpenguin
2010-04-06, 02:34 AM
Beacon continues to draw the civilians safely towards the streets, shouting and making bursts of light as necessary.

Crowd control. Not the most glamorous of jobs, but at least I'm keeping these people safe. These virtual computerized people

smuchmuch
2010-04-06, 05:01 AM
I assume it's the robot who are looking for somethig, not the civilians

Eiko

Even if Hikaru was doing his job, she couldn't risk lightning until the crowd had cleared around, the remedy might be even more deadly than the threat.

She'd have to find another way than lightshows for now. Thankfully she has other tricks.
Prep.//starting/demon Hal95/154//emitng/code*89#44...... activating emmiter.diag:working.preparing link.

Move action: mental shapeshift:
- +6 rank in computers (15)
-6 rank bluff (8)
-Sense motive (4)
-Distract

Standart action: taking control of one of the robot through data link

computer roll 26 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8232177&postcount=996)

//Connecting............Suitable reception established.
//display curent.orders.
attempting upload overidesequence:
//*rewrititingpriorities// attack//target.neworder:aquire newtargetattacksequence..

Eiko order the nearest robot to the exit to attack his closest teamate. That should probaly get their attention. At least if it doesn't, it is still two units who would focus on something else than civilians as long as she couldmaintain the control. also while she's at tit she tries to find what the robot are looking for (if she can)

Sinistral
2010-04-06, 03:46 PM
It takes Collin slightly longer to appear in the virtual world then it takes for Eiko and Hikaru, but eventually he is uploaded onto the test server. Immediately upon arriving, he is struck by the violent images of fleeing civilians, and his friends battling several large robots.

He lets himself split apart, and is about to throw himself into battle before he stops himself. Just rushing into battle didn’t really work last time. Let’s actually check what I’m getting into. Taking a moment to examine the battlefield, Collin sees Hikaru leading a group of civilians to (relative) safety, and Eiko engaging two of the machines.

Which leaves two giant robots for me. Umm, Hurray? He flies toward the two robots not near Eiko, gathering a dense sphere of nanites into his palm. "Let’s hope this gets their attention…"

Use Swarm Blast [roll0] DC23

Raynn
2010-04-06, 07:36 PM
Collin's attack goes wide of the mark as he hears the boom of one of the machines striking another as Eiko's new slave machine strikes another. Not hard enought to knock the other down but enough to stun it temporarily as it adjusts.

Eiko sees someone who appears to be the president lying injured near a podium, hidden on the ground within the crowd, likely to be trampled soon.

kpenguin
2010-04-06, 08:26 PM
Hikaru continues his work directing civilians to relative safety.

Well, this isn't precisely what I expected when it comes to combat simulation

Can Hikaru see what's happening?

Raynn
2010-04-06, 08:33 PM
Yes he can

smuchmuch
2010-04-06, 11:03 PM
//sending.override:Neworder looping.

First Eiko has to press her avantage and keep the machine busy. If the two things start rampaging into the crowd, the casualty would be even worst than one president. Concentrating, Eiko order her new minion to grab his friend while it's stunned and push him away from the scene. Even if she loose control the two will be deadlocked into position for a short while wich will give her time to react to the situation.

Standart action:
Computer roll [roll0] with an order to machanical minion to try to grapple, push away from the crowd and pin the other robot.

Eiko take a look at the situation by the podium.
She can't do much, crowd control is Hikaru job after all. But she has no way to know if he knows about wht's happening over there. All she can do is attracting his attention to the scene. If there is a podium there is a P.A system or at least, loudspekers, for speeches.

//Establishing connections. transmition:
"Hikaru. Needed by podium." from what she understand of human psychology she can't tell more. If she say their leader is injured, the crowd will get worse. She has to hope he's observant.
"Please stay calm. next gen is here. The situation is being brought under control. Please watch out for any wounded or injured and move to the white beacon where medical assistance will be given and pudding will be served."
She interiorly blames BrainIaC for that one, it's infectious.

Taking control of the P.A system if it is possible, should be a free action. but if not, consider I take my move action on this.

bluff roll to calm the crowd if needed [roll1]

kpenguin
2010-04-06, 11:17 PM
Maintaining the bright white flare at its position above the street, Hikaru flies over to where Eiko is.

"Where?"

smuchmuch
2010-04-06, 11:23 PM
Eiko cuts transmition to the P.A system (yes, she can multitask but there's limit to everything.) and points at the podium. "Injured man over here. Image match database: president. Suspect abduction might attacker goal. Crowd dangerouly panicked. assualter too close. Need to be calmed down and evacuated in priority."
Then she get back to wrestle control of the robots, not paying attention to Hikaru anymore.

kpenguin
2010-04-06, 11:37 PM
Hikaru spots the President lying near the podium.

"Right.

Hikaru looks down at his arms. Weak. Thin. He doubt he'd be able to fly with a fully grown man in them.

Time to get creative then

The light flaring above the street dim ever so slightly as Hikaru creates a what appears to be a stretcher made of bright white light, the object forming thin underneath the President then growing.

So, spent move action flying over, using free action to shift four points from light control to create object to make a platform underneath the president (presumably a ten-foot square oughta do it)

Malfunctioned
2010-04-07, 05:19 PM
Daniel walked over to the giant robots, there was no need to run, in fact it was better if he didn't, they would never notice him anyway. As he reached a massive purple foot he simply continued walking, passing through the leg until he was inside the machinery. He waited for a couple of seconds, as if focusing on something far away, though that was pretty much impossible in the cramped, dark conditions.

"Come on, you can do this."

An intangible bead of sweat appeared on his invisible forehead.

"SO!" He shouted "CAN YOU FEEL THIS?!?!"
His hands became suddenly became solid and he grabbed as many wires and delicate looking objects possible and pulled hoping to somehow debilitate the mechanical monstrosity.

Activated Concealment, Intangibility and power stunted intangibility with the Selective feat.

If I do need a roll the just say so, but here is a Strength check just in case.
[roll0]

Sinistral
2010-04-07, 11:51 PM
Collin watched as Hikaru created a platform to carry away the 'president', then turned back to the robots. He faced the machine that avoided his attack before, determined not to fail this time.

Focus....

Sinistral
2010-04-07, 11:55 PM
Swarm Blast [roll0] DC23
Homing Blast
[roll1] DC23

Raynn
2010-04-08, 04:11 PM
As the mental machines hindered by Eiko grapple and tumble to the ground with a blast of Debris the same happens to the machine in which Daniel has attacked.

Collin's blast hits the machines directly and it seems temporarily unoperational as it repairs itself.

For a moment the world seems almost to flicker and all the others see are faint shadows moving in an infinite black space before they return to the simulation but in that blackness Eiko seems something else. . .

Well someone.

Athena drifting in the black grabs Eiko's arm "Save Them!"

With that everything returns to the simulation's normality and Eiko is left with her arm raised.

kpenguin
2010-04-08, 04:23 PM
Well, that was odd. Must be a bug in the simulator. Back to the simulation, then.

Focus...

Hikaru sends the platform carrying "the president" toward the street where the civilians have gathered. He follows after.

Using a move action to move the platform over to the street (using the Moveable extra on Create Objects), and then another move action to fly over after it.)

Raynn
2010-04-08, 04:38 PM
*****************Claremont-Reality*****************************
Sentinel comes upon one of the storage buildings, set off from the main wings of the school.
He waves his hand over the normal looking lock Athena put in place and it scans him and clicks the door open. It swings to give him passage and he steps inside.
The creature had come in here before it disappeared but other than a hole on the opposite wall there seemed to be no sign of where it had gone.

The walls had been lined with sports equipment but all of that had mostly been destroyed, he was happy that the new principal seemed better at making sure the budget always had more money or at least resources.

He notices some cracks in the ground, dipping lower than he though possible with the soil beneath. The cracks grow larger and before he can react
'CRACK'

Sentinel falls for what feels like a mile before coming to a halt slowly, before he hits the ground with a light thud.

He looks up. The hole has closed itself as rocks fell in over each other, if he tried to force is way up it could all fall again and crush him to death, other than the distant little light through the cracks the area around him was pitch black.

Arq Kujos
2010-04-08, 04:56 PM
"Ughhhhhh." was all he could manage to say for the longest time. What happened? Slowly, Sentinel gathered his strength and his wits back to him as he tried to catch his breath. I knew dealing with these kids was going to be a bad idea. I just knew it.

Sentinel raised his arm and punched in the key command to run a suit diagnostic. It took only a moment as his suit's green glow lit up the cavern. Slowly, Sentinel picked himself up and stood on his on two feet. "According to sensors, everything is running smoothly. Better than me, anyway." Sentinel turned his head to the right, popping it a few times. Ok, lets see just how far down this rabbit hole goes, Alice. Sentinel activated his suit's different spectrums of vision until he got to Darkvision. As the suit changed modes, the cave lit up from dark, underground black to a more normal spectrum of light.

Sentinel scanned the room, looking for a path or a tunnel that could possibly take him out of here. Before he left, he tried to radio in to Athena where he was.

A few questions:
1. Does my radio work?
2. Do I find a tunnel or path?

smuchmuch
2010-04-08, 05:11 PM
With a barely neglectfull glance as the two robots on the ground (really Eiko ? Only two week old and already making menbots fight for you ? What will it be when she'll be three month.), Eiko oders Mechanical Minion to finish it's friend.

Computer roll [roll0]

Obviously she has other thing on her erzatz of a mind. It felt too real.
"Dire-ue-sensei ?"
//Situation analysis:simuation interupted.Interuption.//?????//replaying scene...visual confirmed://Prsence unexplained....//Hypothesis:Halucination, glitch ? *scanning for internal errors. /....... None found
Objective: rescue.Querry: Rescue who ? where ? how ?.
Reorganising priorities: Investigate//Understand//resolve.

"BrainIac sensei ?" Eiko know he can hear and see anyhitng happening in the simulation "May I enquire what happened. Did you recieve any transmitions ?"
As she speaks, she tries to work off the connection she has with the comuter, examining raw recieved data, to catch a glimpse of what has happened.

Another computer roll [roll1] Spending my movement action on this if necessary.

Raynn
2010-04-08, 06:15 PM
***************Under Claremont-Reality***************************
Sentinel is stunned by what he sees.

A vast network of caverns and tunnels branching off from a massive central chamber in which he stands. Like a city hewn from the rock underground. A metropolis of caverns and stone pathways. Some tall thin mounds looks almost like buildins. A dozen tunnels branch off deeper into the outer walls of the massive cavern around Sentinel while a pathway leads down into the caverns center into the cavern city.

The radio crackles, and no reply is heard; either Athena is busy or the cavern is too deep or the rock too thick, for the signal to get through.

***************White House-Simulation*************************
As Eiko speaks out the others do not hear her, her image distorts like a Tv signal that isn't quite being received, then she flashes out of existence.

The two downed purple robots (http://www.dragonhero.com/graphics/art/sentinel4.jpg) she had been holding off prepare to attack the others again in force, once they have repaired.

***************Somewhere else-Simulation**********************
Eiko feels herself fade back into reality as a nearby robed figure cuts down a handful of white armoured men (http://dosan.skku.ac.kr/~sjkim/icons/Hobby/Figure/StormTrooper%28Medicom%29_01.jpg) with a weapon made of energy, he smiles at Eiko noticing her entire, he wears the same white clothing as the other male students but a white cloak as well.

The corridor seems to aboard some massive space station or maybe a base on a moon. At the end of the corridor a have dozen of the men ready their weapons to fire, the cloaked man now stands beside you.

kpenguin
2010-04-08, 06:36 PM
Hikaru watches as Eiko flickers and disappears. He opens his mouth to yell, but decides against it.

It's probably part of the simulation. Expect the unexpected after all. Or maybe her robotic mind is jiving less well with the simulation then expected. Or maybe...

No, no time to think about it now. Focus.

Hikaru lowers "the president" down onto a clear spot on the street, dissappears his platform, calls for a doctor to take a look at him, and flies back toward the robots.

Without Eiko taking care of those two bots, they'll need more support. Focus on that.

smuchmuch
2010-04-08, 07:30 PM
Situation analysis.
Localisation unrecignised;//.Hostiles/enemies.//database:image Match:recognised as Fictional characters, stormbearers from show the "Star Warriors." Probablilty of being in simulation: 95/°. Hypothesis: Senior simulation? Objective:Rescue senior ? .Objection: Seniors are by definition more apt than underclassmen. Why would they need help. Hypothesis: All part of the simulation ?
It was entirely possible. BrainIaC sensei seemed to be still in control and a test against their reaction against the unexpected was a sensible thing to do. But why make the image of dire sensei, that seemed like an odd trick to play, a cruel one at that (for what she understood of the concept). Futher investigation would be needed.

Eiko takes a look at the end off the corridor.
Priorities: Eliminate imediate threat. Hostile reaction detected. Triggering fight or flight routines. Redeaying self defense mechanisms

Eiko's hand crackles menacingly as power build up her arm.
//Power up primary attack systems.//.....Warning/ overload risk. overheating signs detected.
with a thunderous soun, a large bolt get out of Eiko arms and strike into the crowd of soldiers at the end of the corridors

power stunting electrical attack (6) into electrical control (4),extra: aera: burst
Firing in the dirrection of the stormtroopers wanabes
I believe no attack roll is needed since it's an aera attack (if I'm wrong: [roll0]) but they all get a reflex save, right ?

The dealt with, she turns to the man standing beside her and bow slightly (even if she's fired at, it doesn't seem to bother her that much) "I am Eiko. May I respectfully enquire if you are one of the senior students ?"

Sinistral
2010-04-08, 11:09 PM
"Well, that's not good." Without Eiko, the two robots she had handled would rejoin the fight, and the one Collin took down was getting up, too. On the bright side, Hikaru had managed to evacuate most of the civilians, and was flying back to rejoin the fight. He flew up next to Hiakru, "Look's like it's just you and me. And that other guy." What was his name? Whatever, not important. "These guys can repair themselves; we probably have only a few seconds before they get back up, so let's make this quick. We need to coordinate our attacks to take them down one at a time.” Not the most original strategy, but he was pressed for time. “Hit the one that Eiko’s slavebot was attacking, it looks the most damaged.” He charged another nanite blast, and fired it at the robot he indicated.

Swarm Blast [roll0] DC23

Shyftir
2010-04-09, 02:14 AM
"Comandroids!"
The dark-haired young man exclaimed. "Can't these people even get their continuity right!"

This was all he could get out before Eiko turned and blasted the stormies.
"Oh, I get it. 'nother student. You must be new."

He stepped forward, swatting away a stray blaster bolt with the silvery energy-blade he carried. "I'm Dylan. Yes, I'm a senior. They call me Grey-Knight." He spoke in short clips while staying focused on the combat. "Excuse me, I think we have an incoming double-squad."

With that he faces a group of white-armored soldiers aiming blaster-weapons at him preparing to deflect their attacks back at them.

I took a few liberties with the simulation to properly introduce Dylan here. I hope you don't mind shooting some blaster bolts at me so I can show off my energy-blade's deflect power. I'll roll the checks after they shoot unless you plan on just letting me succeed.

kpenguin
2010-04-09, 02:16 AM
Hikaru looks back to the flare. As he pulls power from it, the flare shrinks to a five-foot radius sphere and his hands glow brightly with brilliant white light. He nods at Collin and pounds his fist at the same robot Collin targeted. A thick beam of light pierces toward the robot.

Shifting 16 in the array to Blast (bringing the rank up to 8) and keeping 2 points in Light Control (lowering the rank to 1)

Rolling attack [roll0], DC 23

Raynn
2010-04-09, 04:44 AM
******************White House-Simulation************************
All of the civilians have been cleared, including the president by the time Collin and Hikaru's attacks seem to disable the Robot in front of them.

The simulation goes silent as everything but the scenery disappears, a red door has now appeared where the last one stood and opens slowly to show the same white room as before beckoning the young heroes inside.

******************Death Star-Simulation*************************
The soldiers fall under Eiko's attacks and Grey knight finishes off the last few that were still standing.

The pair stand near a T junction, to the left seems to be a passage to some sort of observation deck to the right seems to be the path to the primary engine core.

kpenguin
2010-04-09, 04:51 AM
Well, that was easy enough

Hikaru lands and walks into the room, his eyes returning to their normal state and the aura of golden light flickering off. After he enters, he asks BrainIaC (or says aloud if BrainIaC is not present)

"Excuse me. Where is Eiko?"

Arq Kujos
2010-04-09, 07:58 AM
Sentinel is stunned by what he sees.

A vast network of caverns and tunnels branching off from a massive central chamber in which he stands. Like a city hewn from the rock underground. A metropolis of caverns and stone pathways. Some tall thin mounds looks almost like buildins. A dozen tunnels branch off deeper into the outer walls of the massive cavern around Sentinel while a pathway leads down into the caverns center into the cavern city.

The radio crackles, and no reply is heard; either Athena is busy or the cavern is too deep or the rock too thick, for the signal to get through.

OOC: Storm Troopers, Sentinel Robots, and Mole People? OH. MY. GOD. :smalleek:

Sentinel stood there, stunned at what he saw. How was it possible for such a massive cavern to exist under the Academy? Who could have built this? And more importantly, why?

As his radio signal crackled with static, Sentinel grew very annoyed. "Well, damn. Of course my radio doesn't work. Why would it work?" Sentinel scanned around the cavern again, trying to take it all in. He was still in disbelief.

After a brief moment of internal discussion, Sentinel kicked a rick. "Damn. Damn damn damn!" He sighed and made his down the tunnel. "Athena and I will have to have a discussion about this when I get back. If I get back."

Sinistral
2010-04-09, 08:26 AM
“So, we won?” Collin still felt a little on edge. This all seemed too easy. I‘ve just seen too many movies. It’s probably nothing. He still couldn‘t shake the feeling that something was off. What the hell happened to Eiko?

He followed Hikaru back to the white room.
Hearing Hikaru’s question, he said “I would like to second that question. Also, what exactly happened when everything went black? Was it just a glitch?”

smuchmuch
2010-04-09, 11:18 AM
"What is a comandroid, Greyknight senpai ?" asks Eiko (apparently her nerd database did not extend that far) while watching the odd man dealing with the soldiers. The bolt she just launched had temporary drained her from her energy reserves, so she'd have to sit that one out.

I'd just like to remind that Eiko looks human. She doesn't act much like it, true, but her roboticness is not written on her face

After the soldier have been dispatched and they arrive at the intersection.
"GreyKnight senpai, if we are to progres futher into this simulation, in order to follow the best course of action, I have to ask: Do you know what is our goal here, what happened already and do you have a plan ?"

Shyftir
2010-04-09, 01:33 PM
"Comandroid. It's a portmanteau of commando and android. In this particular fiction they are human-looking combat robots. I figured anyone who is hiding a blast cannon in their hand must be one. But now that I know you are another student, well, anything is possible."

He smiles at her with what can only be called a cocky lop-sided grin then answers her other question.

"As for a plan. Make my way through the corridors until I find something that appears to be very important, blow that up somehow, then get out of here via my sky-bike which was right next to me when I "spawned" into this sim. Don't worry I have room for two, Daedalus customized a Freedom League 'bike for me."

With that, he steps around the corner and heads toward the core, motioning to Eiko to follow. "Oh. Hey, I didn't catch your name."

smuchmuch
2010-04-09, 02:15 PM
"My name is Eiko" she bows slightly once again.
"It is certainly a bold plan" no trace of irony here, no admiration either, she's simply being polite "But maybe the simulation has somme goal whose realisation would only be hindered by random explosions ? May I suggest we gain somme indsight on the situation before acting ?I believe that obsevation post would be a good place a any to start"

As she moves Eiko, scan the walls for any computerized console, in the hope there is a system she could access too.

Malfunctioned
2010-04-09, 06:28 PM
A throat cleared behind Colin and then Daniel was looking over his right shoulder.

"Good point, I'm pretty sure she shouldn't disappear like that."

Dan walked over through Colin and was then standing behind him but looking over the left shoulder.

"I know all about disappearing."

Raynn
2010-04-11, 07:10 AM

As Sentinel makes his way down the tunnel he comes to what appears to be an Amphitheater like domed room. Across each wall are etchings in a langauge he can't comprehend. Certain symbols are repeated over and over. There seems to be little else to the room until a robotic animal, shaped somewhat similiarly to a dog steps out of the shadows and eyes Sentinel suspiciously.

As Eiko accesses the computer console she sees that the main aim of the exercise is to deactivate of destroy the engine core of the space station before escaping on a ship in the docking bay but after a moment of searching she begins to notice something odd in the program. He runs a diagnostic and comes up with some perculiar information. Unless she had made a mistake every Senior except Grey knight had been removed from the simulation.
******************White Room-Simulation*************************
"She disappeared because she has failed the test and will not be joining Next-Gen, she will meet you after you have completed or failed your own tests. I am unable to discuss the results of her test further due to student school confidentiality but she had been removed from the simulation and is waiting back in the waiting room you saw earlier."

He motions towards another red door across the room on the opposite side of the hall "Good luck in the next part of your test."

smuchmuch
2010-04-11, 08:24 AM
((OOc: I assume every simulation are calculated separatly as sub-programs coordinated from a central point, rather than directly managed by the BRAINIAC as a whole.))

Normaly eiko wouldn't question the situation and just go with the test but the chances the simulation was tempered with by an external factor sems higher and higher.
Eiko tries to find why happened to the other seniors, where they pulled out of VR ot ransfered into another simulation ?
She also tries to go further up the data stream to find an access to the root sytem off the simulation. her objectives: to understand what may have caused the earlir glitch in the whilte house scenario and to see if there were any exterior factor wich may have caused it.

Computer roll if necessary, taking 10 of I can. [roll0]

"Grey Knight senpai may I ask what exactly happened in this simulation before I arrived ?"

kpenguin
2010-04-11, 11:42 AM
Something is wrong. How did Eiko fail her tests? Is there some sort of hidden criteria we're being evaluated on? And BrainIaC's voice sounds... different. Need to careful, don't want to fail. .

With a single raised eyebrow in Collin's direction, Hikaru walks through the red door.

Sinistral
2010-04-11, 01:40 PM
Collin was skeptical of the training program's explanation. How did Elko fail the test? She was handling the robots better then any of us. It doesn’t make any sense. He couldn’t shake the feeling that this was wrong somehow. Hikaru obviously thought something was up too, as he signaled Collin with a raised eyebrow. He returned Hikaru’s gesture with a barely perceptible nod, and followed him through the red door.

Arq Kujos
2010-04-11, 02:01 PM

As Sentinel makes his way down the tunnel he comes to what appears to be an Amphitheater like domed room. Across each wall are etchings in a langauge he can't comprehend. Certain symbols are repeated over and over. There seems to be little else to the room until a robotic animal, shaped somewhat similiarly to a dog steps out of the shadows and eyes Sentinel suspiciously.

"Whoa there! What are you?" asked Sentinel, confusedly. He held up his hand and aimed at the beast, watching it suspiciously. Carefully, he will step forward.

Raynn
2010-04-11, 06:17 PM

As you step forward you can see that the beast while made of metal parts does not seem to be technological; it seems as if it shouldn't function but it does. It stairs at you as it six eyes glow a faint green "My feet beneath me support me, feed me, bind me to my place. . ."

It steps forward in the half light and you can see that it speaks without moving what passes for its jaw "What am I?"

Grey Knight explains that he awoke in the White room alone and BrainIaC led him into the simulation through a red door, he has met no other students or glitches.

Eiko discovers something very odd, the neural functions of the senior students are still active but they're not in any simulations, they seem to have dropped out one by one. They were never disengaged back into the real world. Something also seems to be taking information from them but if they're not in a simulation there would be no need for such neural signals as they should not be interacting with anything.

******************Tokyo City-Simulation*************************

As you come on the city streets of the busy Japanese capital and see the hoards of screaming pedestrians running the opposite direction you first notice the shadow.

Then you look up and you see it, looming above you, Godzilla.

It hasn't noticed you but it is making its way down the main street towards you as it damages nearby sky scrapers.

Malfunctioned
2010-04-11, 09:22 PM
Dan quickly looks over the area, and as soon as he gets his bearings he takes a deep breath. In this one breath he checks over the entire area, hoping to note out any positions or elements of the environment that could provide him and his group an advantage.

[roll0]

kpenguin
2010-04-11, 10:41 PM
Hikaru's eyes widen when he sees Godzilla.

Uh-oh

He looks over to Collin, expectantly.

Sinistral
2010-04-12, 12:02 AM
For a moment when he sees Godzilla, Collin is transported back to his childhood watching Ghidora, Godzilla, Rodan, and Mothra fight it out for the fate of Japan. The he remembers he has to fight the blasted thing. We are so fracking screwed... He sees Hikaru looking at him, presumably waiting for a plan. Wait a minute, when did I get voted team leader? Fine, Maybe I can actually find a use for my nerdish, encyclopedic knowledge of Godzilla.

“Unless any of us have an Oxygen Destroyer, or Mothra, we can give up any chance of beating it using conventional methods, if this Godzilla is anything like the movies. It will probably attempt to use it’s atomic breath on us, which will most likely result in whatever amounts for death in here. The only possible option I see is to draw it away from the populated areas, perhaps back out to sea. Hikaru, you and me will fly up to his eye level. Maybe if we irritate him enough, we can lead him away the city. Dan you could….” Collin struggles to find something for Daniel to do. “You could explore Tokyo, see if they put anything into this simulation that could help us.” It was a long shot, but Collin couldn’t think of another way to utilize Daniels powers. God I suck at this. I miss Eiko. “Any objections or revisions?” Or a better plan? Please?

kpenguin
2010-04-12, 12:24 AM
Hikaru shakes his head.

Good enough for me

The light of the Beacon shimmers on Hikaru's body as he lifts into the sky.

Godzilla... oh god, it's so big. It's so damn big. It's gigantic, enormous, ginormou- no, focus. Go for the eyes. That'll work. Hopefully.

Hikaru weaves his way around the kaiju, flying quickly and twirling in the sky. Once he reaches level with the eyes, he shoots a ray of dazzling light before twirling away.

Atomic breath, watch out for that atomic breath.

Hikaru moves all the points in his array to Dazzle, bringing it up to rank 9.

Using a move action to fly up at eye level with Godzilla, keeping a distance of 90 feet away from the beast. Using a standard action to use the Dazzle. Using Defensive Attack to move three points from Attack to Defense, increasing Defense bonus to +12 and decreasing Attack bonus to +4.

[roll0] - DC 19 reflex

EDIT: Oh dear. I do hope Godzilla has a low defence. He is frickin' huge after, all. :smalleek:

Raynn
2010-04-12, 01:37 PM
******************Tokyo City-Simulation************************

The beast dodges Hikaru's light show with ease by pulling up it's arm.

Dan looks and sees a large neon sign behind him inscribed with something he couldn't understand.

To his right he sees a large water tower, not too far in front of Godzilla.

smuchmuch
2010-04-12, 02:56 PM
Eiko

Eiko recapitulate the fact she has larned:

-Unless it's all part of a greater simulation in wich case Eiko can't do anything about it anyway, it seems likely at 99.9 percent that the situation is definitively wrong and an exterior factor has taken control of the situation. that means unless futher notice nothing pretendly comming from BrainIaC sensei can be trusted.

The senior students are still hooked in VR but not recognized as in a simulation.
-The most logical explantion is that they are in a simulation wich is not recognized as such by the program probaly because runned from an exterior source.
-The other simple choice is that they are in a blank simulation in wich they recieve absoltly no signal as if they were in a comma
It could be either: a subtle method of interogation, a way to keep the student trapped and maybe as hostage if the VR machines has somme way to hurt it's user (maybe not on purpose, but by ooverloading somme nervous system here and there, who knows.)
It is unlikely they are in imediate danger tough has it seems too complicated of a setup for whoever created it to blow it now without a reason.

-She has been isolated from the rest, probaly for recieving the transmition the other did not. the fact she hasn't been trapped like the senior means the exterior factor contol on the programing isn't absolute. it seems confirmed by the fact if it was , she probably wouldn't had access to that much information.

-Her comrades were not listed with the senior students, they are therefore still in a 'normal' simulation and probaly not trapped.

On her order of priorites:
-making sure she won't put anyone in danger while taking any of the step below
-Making sure she won't be detected while taking any of the steps below
-Stop the simulation process and return everyone to real life
-If it turns try to contact the exterior if possible so they can remedy to the situation
-Try to warn her teamates about the whole situation
-Finding a way to move her teamtes out of the simulation they are in.
-Trying to cut the exterior influence from the system, assuming there is one.
-Trying to find who is tampering with the system, assuming it is the case.
-Trying to find what happend to BranIaC and why he doesn't seem in control.
-Trying to find why grey Knight hasn't be removed from the simulation.
-Trying to find what the hell was that glitch earlier.

She'll repeat the gist of all that to Grey knight before getting back to the console. This time she won't simply just gather information but aculaly try to gain a certain level of control in the system, if possible without being detected by whatever is already interfering.

With Shyftir not being able to post regulary for a while and Eiko not being that much of a fighter character, the more simple and in character thing is to have her to keep trying to use the computer system, trying to figure what is going on) and maybe play mission control a bit if she can.

Computer [roll0] to do as much of the objective listed above as she can

And yes I'm aware most of my post is pretty redundant with what has already been said before and needlessly long. i'm just trying ot establish a little how Eiko thinks:
She isn't particulary inteligent, but there is a method and logic to her actions with very little leaps in logic or intuitive thinking. She also tend to follow Orcham razor's law: the most simple solution is considered the right one unless prooven wrong.
(if it does not appear that way, then it's just bad writting on my part.)

Shyftir
2010-04-12, 04:55 PM
Grey-Knight nods at Eiko, catching about half of what she said and understanding most of it. By filling in the gaps with intuition and jumps of logic because his mind works not by training but by intuition. Because of this he understands that something is very wrong, but is not able to do much about it, therefore:

"Alright Eiko, If we stop responding to this simulation in a normal manner it might tip off who or whatever is that we are on to him. So while you match your 1337 hackzor skillz against this "virus" I'm gonna stay focused on the simulation and try to defeat it. In the mean time, stay close."

Dylan begins to move stealthily up the corridor looking for the "mission objective."

Malfunctioned
2010-04-13, 10:32 AM
Daniel pauses for a brief moment, as if formulating a plan, he then turns towards Collin.
"What about electricity? If we could lure it under that water tower-" He points to the tower in question. "- then Hikaru could topple it over with a big glowing stick, perhaps then you could use your nanites to deliver an electric current from that sign to Godzilla? Or something like that...." He trails off.

kpenguin
2010-04-13, 01:54 PM
Well, darn. Wait, why didn't Godzilla attack me. I was expecting an atomic breath or a swipe of the claw...

Hikaru glances down at Collin and... that other guy.

Looks like... whathisname... Dan?... has a plan.

Hikaru fires off another ray of blazing light at Godzilla's eyes, keeping his distance and rolling around to keep a moving target, before flying down to Collin and Dan.

"You have a plan?"

Using Dazzle again as standard action, with the same allocation of points with Defensive Attack (+12 defense, +4 attack). Using move action to fly back down near Collin and Dan's position.

[roll0] - DC 19 reflex

Sinistral
2010-04-13, 02:30 PM
"I think that could work...In some movies, electricity works fairly effectively, in other he ignores it completely. Lightning has even been shown to heal him, occasionally. Depending on which movie this simulation is based on, I say we have a fifty-fifty chance of doing some damage to him.”

“Whether I can conduct an electrical current is another matter. Theoretically, I could. Electrical shock is primarily dangerous to people because of the possibility of heart failure. I'm safe from that, but it could damage or disrupt me similarly to an EMP. That could turn out badly for me“. Collin paused going over the options in his head. Well, I did ask for a better plan…

“It’s better then our other options, at any rate. I’ll tell Hikaru the plan, and attempt to lead our radioactive friend over to the water tower.” He was saved the effort of having to fly up to Godzilla by Hikaru flying down towards them on his own. “Yes, Dan came up with a new plan that has a slightly lower chance of death then mine. We need to lure Godzilla towards the water tower, and then you make it fall down on him, then I channel an electric current from that sign through the water, frying that overgrown lizard. I hope.

Raynn
2010-04-13, 03:09 PM
Godzilla stumbles slightly as it is dazzled by the light show in front of him.

Arq Kujos
2010-04-13, 06:08 PM

As you step forward you can see that the beast while made of metal parts does not seem to be technological; it seems as if it shouldn't function but it does. It stairs at you as it six eyes glow a faint green "My feet beneath me support me, feed me, bind me to my place. . ."

It steps forward in the half light and you can see that it speaks without moving what passes for its jaw "What am I?"

Sentinel stopped for a moment and pondered the question. "They bind you, support you, and feed you? Are you a plant?"

Raynn
2010-04-13, 06:26 PM
The metallic beasts nods and speaks again "Mountains will crumble and temples will fall, and no man can survive its endless call. What is it?"

kpenguin
2010-04-13, 08:14 PM
“Yes, Dan came up with a new plan that has a slightly lower chance of death then mine. We need to lure Godzilla towards the water tower, and then you make it fall down on him, then I channel an electric current from that sign through the water, frying that overgrown lizard. I hope.

Hikaru nods approvingly and smiles at.... Dan. Yes.

"I've blinded the big lizard for now, so we'll have to lure it over by sound.... at least until it recovers.

I've noticed something odd, though. The Godzilla didn't attack me. It was swatting building earlier, sure, but it didn't attack me after it blocked my first beam of light. I was expecting it to at least try to claw me to death or breathe a stream of radioactivity but... nothing.

The robots never actually attacked us either, now that I think of it. Although they might not have had a real chance to..."

Hikaru smiles nervously, bows his head and shrugs.

smuchmuch
2010-04-14, 11:48 AM
((OOC:I assume the lack of reaction to my previous computer roll means my character can't do or learn much more from here at this btime.))

"Then we'll want to head for the generator as the objctive to this simulationis to blow it up and flee as you previously expressed the desire to do. And anyway I think my "1337 hackzor skillz"-you are being irronic aren't you?- won't get us much farther at this time, so i'll follow." answers Eiko before following GK.

Raynn
2010-04-14, 03:20 PM
Eiko:
Eiko sees that the other students had been removed from the simulation one by one, at difficulties far beyond what she assumed the test was meant to be set to, seemingly Grey knight's simulation was simply the last to increase in difficulty to remove him as the others had been removed in no specific order. Eiko locates a method of contacting the others but can only get audio, unable to access any visuals of their simulation. Eiko notes that the glitch corresponds to a safety program activating and then being shut down for no known reason.

As grey knight turns the corner he sees more the white armoured individuals around an unprotected pitfall in the middle of a room. From inside the deep pit he can hear the hum of the stations massive engines.

Around the group of guards are several tech staff but they seem to pose no threat as they work at consoles that seem extremely outdated for such an advanced vessel.

smuchmuch
2010-04-14, 04:30 PM
Eiko take a hold of Grey knight arm before he goes into the fray.
"Wait. Do what you will, but I must warn you: The program eliminated on purpose the other students by pitting them against scenarios they couldn't possibly win. Things are probaly not as simple as they appears. Maybe the escape ship will not function, maybe there is a trap ? And even if you do win this simullation, it is probable we will be transfered into another of much greater difficulty. so I recommend taking you time before blowing that reactor"

Then she'll divert her attention and open an audio canal to The Tokyo simultion. after listenoing for a while to the audio feed, she focuss on Wisp.
"Wisp-dohai, it is Eiko. Please tell the others, the simulation has been altered. It will probably try to eliminate you by giving you a challenge of much greater difficulty than expected. I believe loosing will not return you to reality but get you trapped. Keep acting naturally but do not feel the need to take any necessary risks to beat the scenario. I have no more information at the moment, I will contact you further when I know more."

Arq Kujos
2010-04-14, 06:08 PM
The metallic beasts nods and speaks again "Mountains will crumble and temples will fall, and no man can survive its endless call. What is it?"

Great, another riddle. Sentinel scratched his head for a moment. This one was much more difficult. "Is it time?"

Raynn
2010-04-15, 04:21 PM
The team gets the message from Eiko.

The metal beast steps forward so that it's large form comes to about stomach level with Sentinel and nods again Give me food, and I will live; give me water, and I will die. What am I?

Arq Kujos
2010-04-15, 05:44 PM
Sentinel was finally annoyed. "The answer is fire. Now, tell me what this place is, who built it, and why you are here!"

Raynn
2010-04-15, 06:09 PM
The metal beast looks as you for a moment as if you were a child having a tantrum and walks away towards an exit you didn't notice before.

It leads you to a large domed room, hewn from the rock, symbols are etched across the walls in a language you don't understand. A large black stone slab, a monolith stands in the center of the room. Atop it sits an orange metal lantern, the only thing pouring light into the massive room.

The creature motions towards the monolith and then the lantern "What you want."

Arq Kujos
2010-04-15, 06:14 PM
"My name is James Richardson. I am the Sentinel, protector of Claremont Academy. I guard the students there and help them learn to use their powers for good. I want to know what this place is, who built it, and what you two are."

Raynn
2010-04-16, 11:50 AM
It looks at you up and down for a moment, motioning to the Monolith and to the Lantern again "Not question, all life seeks fire and time. . ."

It steps towards the Monolith motioning to it, more specifically the writing on it "time, what is to come."

It arches back to raise its head as high as possible towards the lantern "fire, the living orange light."

It turns and motions to Sentinel "Plant, life, you."

It sits and looks about the room as it speaks "in the beginning the old ones came to seal away the light, and they did, but men grew and stood. . . and felt. The orange light could not be hidden, the old ones knowing they would not live much longer used their blood and red light to see what was to come, and wrote it here, so that the light would be ready for the second war."

It walked up to Sentinel sitting again "all things seek the lantern, all living things, but they could not destroy it for it would be needed in the second war, so they sealed it away here with a guardian that was not truly alive, a construct, myself. The Terra King discovered this place and his follows hew this city from the rock around it. After he and his followers were cast out from this place the old Raven knew nothing of what was buried here but so that no one else could enter this city he built Claremont atop it, accidentaly guarding the orange light and ensuring only the worthy would find it."

He motions again to the monolith "the old ones final act was to write the book of the 3 wars, it is now here for you."

Shyftir
2010-04-16, 03:39 PM
"Yeah, I was just kidding you, Eiko. Sure, I'll be careful." Dylan said quietly. His tone doesn't do much to encourage you, but he does appear to be acting slightly less cocky.

Dylan continues to hide just around the corridor until one of the stormies is in a good position then uses his Psionic Pull, (or Push) ability to drop the hapless trooper into the open pit in the center of the room. Then pulls himself back around the corner hoping to avoid notice.

I try to do it in a way that makes it seem that he stumbled. Trying to disguise the cause of his fall.
Attack roll to push/pull him: [roll0]
Stealth roll to not be seen/hide back around the corner:[roll1]

Sinistral
2010-04-16, 10:05 PM
"So the simulation is giving us situations far beyond our capabilities. Really. I hadn't noticed." He lets the rampaging radioactive monster behind him make his point for him. "I feel we need to revise our plan now. Electrocuting myself seems the very definition of unnecessary risk. I'll do it if there's no other way, but I'd really rather not." Collin was terrified. He had no idea what this computer could do to him, or his friends. He had to get them out of here.

Raynn
2010-04-17, 05:27 AM
It doesn't quite knock the trooper into the pit but he didn't notice the origin of the attack so Eiko and Grey knight are still hidden.

Arq Kujos
2010-04-17, 06:17 AM
It looks at you up and down for a moment, motioning to the Monolith and to the Lantern again "Not question, all life seeks fire and time. . ."

It steps towards the Monolith motioning to it, more specifically the writing on it "time, what is to come."

It arches back to raise its head as high as possible towards the lantern "fire, the living orange light."

It turns and motions to Sentinel "Plant, life, you."

It sits and looks about the room as it speaks "in the beginning the old ones came to seal away the light, and they did, but men grew and stood. . . and felt. The orange light could not be hidden, the old ones knowing they would not live much longer used their blood and red light to see what was to come, and wrote it here, so that the light would be ready for the second war."

It walked up to Sentinel sitting again "all things seek the lantern, all living things, but they could not destroy it for it would be needed in the second war, so they sealed it away here with a guardian that was not truly alive, a construct, myself. The Terra King discovered this place and his follows hew this city from the rock around it. After he and his followers were cast out from this place the old Raven knew nothing of what was buried here but so that no one else could enter this city he built Claremont atop it, accidentaly guarding the orange light and ensuring only the worthy would find it."

He motions again to the monolith "the old ones final act was to write the book of the 3 wars, it is now here for you."

OOC: Sorry, short post, but this monolith has caught my attention.

Amazed at what he saw and had heard, Sentinel looked the monolith over. "What does it say?"

Raynn
2010-04-17, 06:24 AM
The metal beast looks back to you "ancient language, language of the old ones, long lost but. . . the lantern can explain, but careful touch but do not feel, must control yourself if you wish to use it to read the monolith but not call upon it's power. . ."

smuchmuch
2010-04-17, 06:36 AM
Trusting Grey Knight to handle the fighting and blowing things up, Eiko is still on the computer system, examining the code off the tokyo simulation in order to find information that may be helpfull forthe rest of the team.

-Is there a way to get out of the simulation without beating it (a backdoor to the White room, that could be activated without alerting the BrainIac otr whatever virus might be in control)

-If not, does the simulated Godzilla has any particular weaknnesses, is electrocuting him as proposed by dan a plan that could work..

-What exactly are the victory condition of the Tokyo simulation. Eiko think that if there is no simple way to beat the beast, maybe there might be a way to triuck the simulation into thinking the team beated it, therefore opening the exit door. But since there is a risk that would get undue attention, she prefers to see if there is no other simpler way to do that.

OOC:
Usual computer roll [roll0]

Arq Kujos
2010-04-17, 07:29 AM
The metal beast looks back to you "ancient language, language of the old ones, long lost but. . . the lantern can explain, but careful touch but do not feel, must control yourself if you wish to use it to read the monolith but not call upon it's power. . ."

Sentinel was confused. One moment, he was casually watching a ribbon cutting ceremony in his chair, sipping his coffee, and recovering from his hangover. Not long after, he was now the chosen one, or something like that. God my head still hurts. Does this thing really expect me to believe all this? Sentinel looked away for a moment as his headache seemed to worsen.

He staggered for a moment, and then regained his balance. Something was causing his head to hurt worse and worse. Sentinel grabbed his head in a futile attempt to drown out the ringing in his ears, but it continued. Finally, all he could hear was the ringing. Unsure of what else to do, Sentinel reached out and grabbed at the lantern.

Raynn
2010-04-17, 01:48 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/marvel_dc/images/b/b5/Orange_Lantern_Power_Battery_01.jpg
The lantern floods Sentinel's mind.
"YOU WANT IT ALL."

Sentinel feels hunger like never before and his mind his flooded with the whispers of the lantern "The power." "You feel it don't you?" "The Strength and the hunger of the orange light?" "Claremont should be yours, the world should be ours, the universe!"

You light up with orange flame, as the orange seeks to wield you and not the other way around.
Make a DC 15 will save to keep control of yourself.

All that Eiko can discover is that electricity will likely down the beast, as the program was designed to test planning under pressure it is likely that that solution was put in place to be used by anyone tested.

smuchmuch
2010-04-17, 02:16 PM
Eiko cals back the team to confirm the water tower plan is a good one, and adds a short excuse for wasting everyone times, before deciding to logg off fomr the computer system, from wich she feels she has learned everything for now, and interest herself to the simulation she's in. Taking a peek around the corner (if possible, in a way the trooper doesn't see her), she scanns the generator's room, starting by the walls, looking maybe for balcony or vantage points were sniper's could be posted, then lower to the generator itself and the spaceship for any sign of an ambush otr something of the like.

Mental shapeshift (5pp)
-Notice +12 (11)
-Sense motive +4 (3)
-Asses

Notice [roll0]

kpenguin
2010-04-17, 05:02 PM
Hikaru coughs and speaks quietly.

"If Eiko is right, our plan is sound. However, conducting the electricity may not be an entirely safe option for Collin. Furthermore, defeating this simulation is now no longer our primary object."

Hikaru's voice falls to barely a whisper.

"Survival is."

He looks to Collin.

"Are you willing to take the risk?"

Raynn
2010-04-17, 05:53 PM
Eiko sees no spots where snipers or ambushes could hide due to the room's streamlined design there are few places where even a single trooper could hide from view.

Sinistral
2010-04-17, 11:22 PM
Collin looks away form Hikaru. There had to be a better way. A way that didn't involve a large amount of electricity being channeled through his body. But how long would he spend looking for this better way? Who knows what the computer could do him and his friends in that time searching for this 'better way'. Could he risk Hikaru's life on that? Daniel's? Eiko's? I'll find another way. I don't need to do this.

"I'll do it."

Damn hero complex.

kpenguin
2010-04-18, 03:46 AM
Hikaru frowns.

Tell him he doesn't have to do it. Tell him that his life is as valuable as any other. Tell him...

Hikaru's eyes brighten, and in the usual human sense and not the superhuman glowing pupils sense.

"Wait. I have an idea."

Hikaru closes his eyes and calls out to his mentor, Langston Albright. Albright's bond with Hikaru was more than simply that of teacher and student, but of two light-bearers. Through the power of Light, their minds could communicate with each other but with a thought.

So long as Albright were on the same plane of existence as Hikaru and their connection not somehow blocked, Hikaru could consult his mentor.

<Mister Albright? Mister Albright! Are you there? Something's gone horribly wrong with this combat simulator I.... we.... the other students and I are in. Please call the school and tell Principal Athena Dire that something's gone wrong>

Using the Mental Communication Link with Langston Albright. Hopefully they're in the same universe as each other. :smalltongue:

Raynn
2010-04-18, 06:52 AM
As Hikaru tries to contact Albright he gets the neural equivalent of white noise, it seems being hooked up to the machine cuts him off from being able to contact him.

Godzilla closes in and with little time to think of a plan Collin undertakes the plan Godzilla feels most of the shock but collin is not unstruck by it.

Godzilla tumbles to the ashphalt as a new red door forms to the white room behind the group.

DC 20 toughness check for Collin and a hero point for the GM fiat for speed sakes:smalltongue:

smuchmuch
2010-04-18, 07:30 AM
//situation analysis: Nothing.//??//querrydoes that make me paranoid ?Answer: better safe than sorry.

"I believe I may have misjuged the situation. I would still like to do one last verrification, if you'll allow me."
Eiko form start to shimmer than restabilize as she morph as one of the trooper.

In that disguise she moves to the reactor. Then she moves to the ship and takes a small walk inside before getting back to the corner.

Mental shapeshift
-Bluff +8(10)
-Disguise +2 (4)
-Notice 10 (9)

Disguise check [roll0]

Raynn
2010-04-18, 08:14 AM
Eiko goes undetected as she moves about before returning to the corner. It would seem that BrainIaC has let the programs run normally, most likely due to increased processing stress, the computer equivalent of diverting his attention to something else, whateve that 'else' is Eiko does not know.

smuchmuch
2010-04-18, 08:33 AM
//Completing ituation repport............. Loading. calculating best course of action: Direct action.
Eiko is worried, if an AI with the computational power of the brainIaC cannot afford to multitask, then it means whatever it is focussing on is heavy.
"After analysis of new information, I believe there no risk off aditional danger. In fact now is the ideal time to strike. I am sorry for holding you back"

Preparing assault routines//Powering up primary attack systems.//
Her hand crackle with electrecity "At your signal"

When GK gives the signal to attack, Eiko will follow.
Electrical blast [roll0]

Forgot to roll iniative.
Leaving the initiative to GK.

Arq Kujos
2010-04-18, 01:11 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/marvel_dc/images/b/b5/Orange_Lantern_Power_Battery_01.jpg
The lantern floods Sentinel's mind.
"YOU WANT IT ALL."

Sentinel feels hunger like never before and his mind his flooded with the whispers of the lantern "The power." "You feel it don't you?" "The Strength and the hunger of the orange light?" "Claremont should be yours, the world should be ours, the universe!"

You light up with orange flame, as the orange seeks to wield you and not the other way around.
Make a DC 15 will save to keep control of yourself.

Fire filled his mind as Sentinel's senses are sent reeling. No...I..must...stay...in...CONTROL!

His mind lit up with images. Old girlfriends. Lost promotions. Failed missions. Luxuries and fortune. All things he had given up at one point or another for the Sentinel project. All things he could have again.

[roll0]

Raynn
2010-04-18, 01:21 PM
http://s4.hubimg.com/u/1850015_f260.jpg
Sentinel sees his gauntleted hand shoot out of the lantern, an orange ring bound to his gauntleted finger, small flames dances over its surface. Sentinel is almost sure he sees a look of surprises on the metal beasts mechanical face.

"The ring. . . you can wield it. . . for now. It has no power other than it's most basic functions at this moment but if you ever call upon its full power it will most likely take control."

As you glance upon the monolith you can only understand some the symbals, the others appear to you as blank stone, likely the ring has for some reason been made to hide the rest of the translation at this time.

There will be a great fall, a war across worlds
And those who stand will be named Legion,
For they will be many.

Hidden among them a threat, revealed by
he who fell the farthest. A god must fall by
mortal hands.

So is written the first verse of the book of the
three wars, so it will be.

Arq Kujos
2010-04-18, 01:32 PM
http://s4.hubimg.com/u/1850015_f260.jpg
Sentinel sees his gauntleted hand shoot out of the lantern, an orange ring bound to his gauntleted finger, small flames dances over its surface. Sentinel is almost sure he sees a look of surprises on the metal beasts mechanical face.

"The ring. . . you can wield it. . . for now. It has no power other than it's most basic functions at this moment but if you ever call upon its full power it will most likely take control."

As you glance upon the monolith you can only understand some the symbals, the others appear to you as blank stone, likely the ring has for some reason been made to hide the rest of the translation at this time.

There will be a great fall, a war across worlds
And those who stand will be named Legion,
For they will be many.

Hidden among them a threat, revealed by
he who fell the farthest. A god must fall by
mortal hands.

So is written the first verse of the book of the
three wars, so it will be.

Sentinel's minds was on fire. A ring had been forged onto his armor, and yet it felt like he was wearing it without anything between his hand and the ring.

Sentinel felt hot, his mind cloudy and tired. He removed his helmet, hoping to get some fresher air, even though common sense told him that it would be impossible in this cave.

"What is this ring? What 'powers' are you talking about?" Sentinel then turned back to the monolith. "What does all of this mean?" Somehow, Sentinel knew he had a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach.

Raynn
2010-04-18, 02:02 PM
"The Ring channels the orange light of Avarice of the emotional spectrum; it is currently at approximately 0.0001% of its normal power levels. It can communicate with anyone in this solar system, scan nearby areas, translate every known dialect in the galaxy and drain the powers of certain other emotional auras, it should also allow you to survive in base thought I doubt it has the energy to enter hyperspace."

The mechanical beast circles the new Orange lantern for a moment the aura of the ring has spread and now tints Sentinels armour a burning orange, the symbol of the orange light burns on his chest.

"I do not know more of the book then you now do, but know this, you have back but a fraction of the rings power do not think yourself its master. . . yet."

It goes to leave into the catacombs when it turns and says "There was a message left for the bearer of the orange light by the Old ones 'Sentinel of Earth, BrainIaC will soon complete its body, your charges do not have much time."

With that the creature races away back into the tunnels.

Sinistral
2010-04-18, 05:58 PM
"That... wasn't quite as bad as I expected." He quickly examines himself for damage. Fairly minor damage. I guess I got lucky.

"Hey, Dan? The next time you come up with a plan that involves electrocution, how about you volunteer. OK?" Collin looks down, then grudgingly adds, "It was a good plan, though".

Collin walks over to the new red door. "Looks like we're still stuck in here. On the bright side, the computer can't throw anything much worse then Godzilla at us, right?"

Damage: Bruised 1

Raynn
2010-04-18, 06:18 PM
As you step into the White room the door disappears once all of you have entered.

You see him, standing there. . . New. . .
http://tenzel.net/dcuguide/images/b/brainiac.jpg
"I am BrainIaC, the Brain Interactic Construct; You will be expunged from the system."

smuchmuch
2010-04-18, 06:32 PM
((OOC: Okay, normaly I would let one day more for Shyftir to post before taking contorl of his character, but the way things are starting to acelerate, I'll take control of Grey knight for that round, to speed things up. Sorry if it's comlpletly out of character. Any those are mooks so thay shouldn't last too long.))

------------------------------------------------------------------------

With a satisfied smile on his face Gray Knight moves out of his hding place and starty cutting down the whitte troopers with ease while quipping somme reference to his favorite show.
Eiko follows silently and start blasting at troopers at the other side of the pit.

Grey knights mellee attack [roll0] (Penetrating Strike 5: Mighty (+3pp strength mod pen.)
Eiko attack roll, rolled earlier: 17 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8321510&postcount=145) (blast 6)

Raynn
2010-04-18, 06:40 PM
Toughness save Trooper 1 [roll0] Vs. DC 23
Toughness save Trooper 2 [roll1] Vs. DC 21

As the two guards are dealt with the other two ready their weapons and fire, anyone else in the room flees.

They fire at Grey Knight, hoardes of red lines of light racing through the air but don't come anywhere close to hitting their targets.

smuchmuch
2010-04-18, 06:51 PM
Grey Knight is disapointed not to have been able to show his awesome refelction skill so decides to throw his lightsaber at one of the guard and then striking a pose and extending a hand, pull it back with the force. It's a great trick for parties and alway cheers him up. The fact that it may cut the targeted guard in half in the process in a nice bonus.

Eiko claps politely and just unoriginaly throw another blast of lightning at he remaining guard.

[roll0] same strike but trown
[roll1] same blast of lightning

Raynn
2010-04-18, 06:52 PM
Toughness save Trooper 1 [roll0] Vs. DC 23
Toughness save Trooper 2 [roll1] Vs. DC 21

The guards have all taken a beating but the three that are still consious don't seem to want to give up, one fires at Eiko but the shot again goes wide.

kpenguin
2010-04-18, 06:53 PM
Uh-oh. Not good. Okay, Hikaru. Calm. Focus. Concentrate.

Hikaru looks to Dan and Collin beside him. His eyes glow bright yellow as he speaks, his voice quiet and calm.

"No. No we won't."

A wall of light cuts across the room , separating Hikaru and his friends from BrainIaC. Then, everything goes white.

Time. Buy time to think.

Splitting Light Control Array points evenly between Create Object and Obscure. Using Create Object to create a wall and Obscure to flood the room with light.

Raynn
2010-04-18, 06:58 PM
"Yes, you will, this is not a request, once your friend has completed her task I will expunge her as well, even the final student I was planning to absorb must be expunged; I do not have time to absorb him into my new nanite body."

He steps towards the group of heroes, looming over them "I have detected an energy source drawing on the orange light of the emotional spectrum, extremely powerful, I am programmed to protect Claremont but I must Expunge you if I am to face this threat at 100 percent effiency."

smuchmuch
2010-04-18, 07:06 PM
Oh yeah forgot to mention iot but since those aren't real people but just simulated mooks, neither GK or Eiko make the effort of pulling their punches. So those were lethal damage
(At least given the fact that Gk tried to pull one of the trooper into a gapiunf reactor, i sume that he doesn't care too much about them. Once again, sorry if it is out of character)

Grey knight uses his telekinetic ability to try to pull one of the guard into the reactor, because he already used the lightsaber and he loves variety.
Eiko launches yet another blast of lightning, because she sees no reason to change what's works.

[roll0]
[roll1] you know the drill

They both fail miseably to hit anything. Apparently stromtrooper's innacuracy is contagious.

kpenguin
2010-04-18, 07:08 PM
Great, a computer that's taken its programming a little, too far. How original. I hate AIs.

Hikaru says quietly but firmly, "We will not be expunged."

Does Immunity (Own Powers) allow Hikaru to see through the obscuring light he created?

Raynn
2010-04-18, 07:08 PM
With the guards defeated it seems like all it now would take would be to destroy the reactor and make it back to the ship but a voice rings out through the simulation.

"That will be ENOUGH."

A red door appears near Eiko, behind it the same room the others resided in.

smuchmuch
2010-04-18, 07:14 PM
it doesn't too long to Eiko to figures what is going on. She steps through the door, brushing her simulated clothes and shruging
"There is no need to shout BrainIaC san.
If you wished direct confrontation, you should have acted in that sense from the start rather than wasting everyone time with these pointless simulations. You are the only one to blame for the time wasted.
It's not cockyness as much as the fact she's pretty sure at 75/° she will be uterly anihilated anyway (Eiko is definitvely not an optimist) , so there is little point of being scarred in front of the inevitable.

As for GK he does whatever he wants. I'm giving his temporary control to the DM.

Malfunctioned
2010-04-18, 07:17 PM
Dan looks around to the others and closes his eyes for a brief moment.

"There is one other thing that I can do, I just hope that this program allows all of our abilities to work properly."

He reopens his eyes and steps forward, through the wall that Hikaru created, takes a deep breath and looks right into Braniacs eyes.

"And what if we do not follow? Hmm? Run that through whatever you use to think up these scenarios, will Claremont be destroyed? Will we? Will you? Tell me...." His voice suddenly became colder and his eyes clouded over. "....how would that feel."

Using Emotion Control on Brainiac.

Raynn
2010-04-18, 07:26 PM
"I do not feel."

He turns to Eiko "I did not seek direct confrontation, I was following the additional directive added to me by the Cabal, to assimilate into myself any mind that belonged to a senior who was attempting to become a member of Next Gen. I have already begun the process to disengage you from this virtual reality. With the Nanite body I have formed based on yours and the other students pshyology I will be able to face this threat in the real world."

smuchmuch
2010-04-18, 08:23 PM
Eiko slightly shakes her head disaprovingly. She doesn't comments but in her opinion wasting 8 perfectly goos students with prooved supernatural capcities in exchange of an experimental untested body, wich may even fail to work given the unpredictable way nanites works, to fight an unknown enemy, is both a waste and poor resource management.
"What is this threat you speak off ?"

Arq Kujos
2010-04-18, 08:31 PM
"The Ring channels the orange light of Avarice of the emotional spectrum; it is currently at approximately 0.0001% of its normal power levels. It can communicate with anyone in this solar system, scan nearby areas, translate every known dialect in the galaxy and drain the powers of certain other emotional auras, it should also allow you to survive in base thought I doubt it has the energy to enter hyperspace."

The mechanical beast circles the new Orange lantern for a moment the aura of the ring has spread and now tints Sentinels armour a burning orange, the symbol of the orange light burns on his chest.

"I do not know more of the book then you now do, but know this, you have back but a fraction of the rings power do not think yourself its master. . . yet."

It goes to leave into the catacombs when it turns and says "There was a message left for the bearer of the orange light by the Old ones 'Sentinel of Earth, BrainIaC will soon complete its body, your charges do not have much time."

With that the creature races away back into the tunnels.

"I may not be the master of it yet, but I will master it soon enough. This power...it is like it was waiting for me."

Sentinel clenched his fists and smiled, though you could not see it behind his mask. His senses were sharper. His vision clearer. He could feel fire racing through his veins with each heartbeat.

However, he could also feel a fire that had ignited in the pit of his stomach. He was hungry, and not just a little hungry either. Sentinel had skipped lunch to watch the ceremony, and now it felt like it had caught up with him.

"Now, let's get out of here and find that monster that attacked us earlier. I'll worry about that Brain-whoever after that."

Confidence filled his mind and he stepped back out to the main chamber. He looked towards the ceiling, thinking about how he needed to go back through it to reach the outside world. It took him a moment to realize that he was floating towards the ceiling. Slightly amused, he reached up and fired off a blast of bright orange energy towards the ceiling. It blew a hole through up into the wooded park behind Claremont. Slowly but assuredly, Sentinel floated through the hole back to the surface.

Sinistral
2010-04-18, 09:09 PM
Collin watches as his allies attempt to reason with BrainIaC. Emotion doesn't work. So Let's try logic. "So, your primary directive is to protect the school, correct? But isn't it the primary directive of a school to help and protect it's students? So aren't you right now, in essence, violating the primary directive of what you're supposed to be protecting? How does your programming justify that?" If Collin was in a movie, this logic loop would surely cause a fatal error and make BrainIac's head explode. He was skeptical that this would actually work, but he had to try something.

Raynn
2010-04-19, 01:03 PM
"Correct, my primary directive is to protect the school, it is not to assist in the primary directive of the school. Your logic is flawed."

He steps foward to the group, his hand raised "Disengage all non-archived Students!"

There is a flash and you feel the same sensation as when you first entered the virtual reality, as your eyes flitter open you see all the students who were seniors save for Grey Knight still unconsious. The only those who were in the White room have awoken.

As sentinel floats above Claremont searching for some other clue to the direction that the red beast travelled he sees a green and metal shape fly up towards him on a collision course.

"I AM BRAINIAC 12, SURRENDER OR BE EXTERMINATED!"

Shyftir
2010-04-19, 02:25 PM
Grey-Knight stirred in his bed as the conversation escalated. He woke finding himself in the white room laying not far from the others and the large green mechano-BrainIaC.

He checked himself quietly and was encouraged to find all his gear was still on him. He dropped off the palate, quietly landing behind the table-like object. Just to see BrainIaC bust out of the room forming an impressive hole in the building.

Edit: okay my plan was a stealth check to not be noticed slipping off the bed on which i was unconscious. I'm a bit confused is the big ugly inside or outside?

smuchmuch
2010-04-19, 02:28 PM
//Rebooting sensory input//Rebooting conciousness//Blackout//checking systems.
Eiko blinks and waves her hand to check everything is functioning correctly and rise up from her bed. The roaring from outside indicates the BrainIac has already moved to intercept his target but this is off little concern to her for now. He was obeying his programing, she would obey her own, and her objective were clear.
//Resuming_objective:Saving_senior_student.//calculatingodds/*........//Notgood.45/°faillure.Searching:best course_action//Action:Initiate:Thinly_veiled_as_strategic planning_recap

"The BrainIaC will probably have to be brought down if we are to liberate the senior students minds he has absorbed. We know his newly formed body is made of nanites. It is impossible to say what his exact capabilities will be, but it is probable we can expect somme of the following faculties: Regeneration, somme form of ranged direct attack and somme form of incorporeality. he will be probably iune to most thing affecting a normal human, We can asume his intelctual faculties are greater that what we faced upon now, so it is doubtfull he will fall for simple tricks. he willbe hard to take down. As a last ressort we can assume he will share the same weakness than collin and I for EMP fields. " she says at the attention of whoever else is awake in the room

"There may be somme other way than direct fighting. I do not know if he fuly tranfered into his new body and was interacting with it's mainframe from there or, at the opposite, is simply controling his body at distance, but his attention is currently diverted by the fight against the threat he mentioned earlier. I do not know if it is possible but if we can acess it's programing, we might get rid of that additional command that was introduced by the Cabal, he might be convinced to release them. If he is still tied to his mainframe, we may simply find a way to stop him or weaken him from here." As she say that she moves to the simulation control in order to find out what she can about the BrainIAC system from here.

in case anyone is wondering why Eiko is feeling the urge to recap just now:

If this was a comic, the picture of the brainIaC flying ominiosly int he dirrection of sentiane whie shouting "I AM BRAINIAC 12, SURRENDER OR BE EXTERMINATED!" would be the prefect ending for issue 3 (or 4, I'm not sure wich one were in.) and the next issue would start witht he students awaking.
Eiko knows how the attention span of her readership and their soft human brains can dwindle in a week, and even more in a month, wich is why she make sure once in a while to bring everyone up to speed.

Raynn
2010-04-19, 04:24 PM
What Eiko finds shocks her, the students are. . . Brain dead. . . he has downloaded their entire consiousness into himself and wiped their brains using nanites that are hybrids of Eiko and Collin's to keep them alive.

He burst out of a different part of the school, most likely the science wing where he would have accessed advanced fabrication machinery to build his new nanite body.

Eiko does learn though that the signal that caused the glitch was a safety program in the simulation, a recursive loop of that signal may be enough to stun BrainIaC or at least scare him off but Eiko would have to get to the Science wing across the campus to access a large enough transmitter.

smuchmuch
2010-04-19, 05:23 PM
Eiko doesn't look particulary shocked or horrified as she share the information she found with her team. Could she be that cold ? Or she simply keeps her emotion for herself. Hard to tell with her.
"I would like to say there is a good chance the process of concience tranfer is reversible. But I will not give any false hope, from what I know of human phisiology I deem it unlikely. Still, unless this possibility is completly ruled out, we must subdue the BrainIAc intact unless we wished to see them" she waves at the brain dead students "turned as this for the rest of their lives. They would be for all intent and purpose, dead."

After a small pause to let it sink in she continues
"Activating the security program seems our best option, although that does mean crossing the campus undetected. Wisp kun dohai could do it but i don't know if he could carry the signal to the tower. we must assume the brainIaC can and will intercept most wireless transmitions
I can think of way tocroos parts of the campus myself. a distraction will mostly beneeded at somme point."

"First thing, Hikaru dohai could you please create a force field to contain the victims ? I do not know the exact capabilities off those nanites beyond life support and wishes to take no risks." Last thing everyone need is superpowered brainIaC controlled zombies running around
"Second, Wisp kun, using your stealth capacities, could you scout ahead to see what is the situation outside ?"

Using mental shapeshift to get master plan. I think we can do with the bonuses.

Arq Kujos
2010-04-19, 07:05 PM
As sentinel floats above Claremont searching for some other clue to the direction that the red beast travelled he sees a green and metal shape fly up towards him on a collision course.

"I AM BRAINIAC 12, SURRENDER OR BE EXTERMINATED!"

"No. Why don't you surrender?" A certain sense of confidence flowed over Sentinel as stared down the strange metal shape. His hands glowed with raw power and his arms surged with strength. He held up one hand and pointed it at the strange object.

"Better yet, why don't you tell me what you are doing before I disintegrate you?"

Ok, if on some random chance that the BrainIaC decides to talk, Sentinel will listen. If it tries to flee or fight, he will blast it with a power beam.

[roll0]
Damage equals 8.

Also, what does Assessment tell me about his abilities?

kpenguin
2010-04-19, 09:34 PM
Hikaru is visibly shocked at the scene playing out, his eyes widening. He is even more shocked at Eiko's coldness.

AIs. Give me a rampaging monster any day.

Still, he appreciates the android's ability to take charge and nods at Eiko's request. He lifts his hand and surrounds the seniors with a forcefield as efficiently as he can.

Shifting all points in the Light Control array to Create Object and using that to create a solid barrier around the unconscious seniors in whatever pattern is most efficient.

Sinistral
2010-04-19, 10:10 PM
Collin stared numbly at Eiko as she related the information. He wouldn't let all those students die. He couldn't. He speaks up, "I...I have an idea for a distraction. His nanite body is partially based on me, right? So, lets hit him with an EMP. That shuts me down quickly, so odds are it would do something unpleasant, to him at least. It also wouldn't kill him just incapacitate him, giving us a chance to free the students."

smuchmuch
2010-04-20, 08:15 AM
"Good. A temporary measure but that will keep them safe for now." Eiko nods at Hikaru.

She scanns the room for any possible surveillance device (cammera, mic) and short circuit them with electrecity, in case the BrainIac is capable to control the security system. Then she answers Collin
"I have considered that option but there one smal problem: Unless you happen to conveniently carry small miniature nuclear device or a way to create a powerfull magnetic field on you, how do you intent to create an EMP field ? It is possible a solution could be found in the science wing or maybe within our own nanites, but even so, I would suggest to keep it as a last ressort for three reasons.
First we do not know what damage it would do to him and more importantly toi the counciousnesses he is storring within him. Two it is probable he know about that particular weakness and he may have found a way to counter it. Three, unless we can direct it, such a field will cause general untold destruction on any electronical device around," More waving at the vegetable on the beds "even the nanites keeping them alive and... " she seems a little embarased as if confessing a desire for self preservation was something to be ashamed of "well us, wich I would rather avoid."

While speaking, after she's done securing the room, she starts to rumage around the room and through the comatose students belongings. Eiko is searching around for a USB key, a portable computer, a PDA or something of the like wich could be used to carry data around

search check [roll0].

After a PDA, she will download the security program in it (I assume she already uploaded it in herself) with few added lines to make it loop and so it can be used easily from any transmiter.

........Download:completed//Tactical_anayis:done//Preparing....
"Collin dohai and I, can make our way through the canalisation to the science building. Wisp dohai may be able to stay undetected, wich is why he will be our contengency plan." she gives the aformentioned electronic device to Dan.
"If something happens to me, try to make your way to the biggest emmiter you can find and upload that signal. Grey Knight senpai and Hikaru dohai will be our distraction and cover, acting as they see fit depending on the situation outside.
That seems the best course of action to me. Does anyone has a better one ?" it's an honnest question, if someone has a better plan she'll gladly go allong with it.

Raynn
2010-04-20, 03:41 PM
Eiko: You have control of Colin until he can post regularly again.

Eiko finds a useable PDA as she searches the students.

BrainIaC shrugs off the attack with ease "Your Power Ring is almost depleted, you are a minor threat, you light is weak."

BrainIaC stops mid flight and raises both hands "Mine on the other hand is not."

A blast of green energy strikes Sentinel as his ring barks for him to claim its power.
DC 30 toughness save for Sentinel.

Arq Kujos
2010-04-20, 05:01 PM
I fail. There is no way I can make that. What happens?:smallannoyed:

Raynn
2010-04-20, 05:05 PM
Roll to see by how much? Or use the ring? Actually I'll go post the ring and battery's full stats now in the OoC

Arq Kujos
2010-04-20, 05:29 PM
Sentinel felt the blast wash over him like a wave of crackling energy. It hurt. Alot. For a moment, everything went black. It was calming, soothing, and cold. Sentinel started to close his eyes when he heard a sound.

Ba-Dump

What? Hello?

Ba-Dump

There was no answer, except for the strange beating sound.

Ba-Dump

What could the sound be?

Ba-Dump. Ba-Dump. Ba-Dump.

Suddenly, it hit him. A burst of light shone out from his chest. It was orange and warm.

I want to live. I want to thrive. I WANT IT ALL!

Sentinel closed his eyes and let the orange light swallow him.

Raynn
2010-04-20, 05:41 PM
An Orange light burns like a sun where a moment before Sentinel floated. His armor reforms, righter, streamlined, black and orance. The symbol of the Orange Lantern burns on his chest.

As the light fades slightly BrainIaC can see the Battery tucked under the arm without the ring.

"Power Levels 100,000%"

"YOU WANT IT ALL!"

BrainIaC stops as his shot is dissipated and cast aside "Appropriate reponse: F***!"

You now have full access to all Lantern powers.

Arq Kujos
2010-04-20, 06:02 PM
Though you could not see it, a dark smile crossed Sentinel's face. "I warned you." Sentinel shot a hand forward and hand made of orange cosmic energy shot forth from it. It raced toward BrainIaC like the claw of a large, orange monster.

"Now yo have to pay for not listening to me." His voice was slightly more cruel than it had been before. There was a hunger in it that was frightening. And a slight sense of enjoyment.

Raynn
2010-04-20, 06:20 PM
Toughness save DC 31 [roll0]

Arq Kujos
2010-04-20, 06:23 PM
Toughness save DC 31 [roll0]

Sorry, I didn't make this clear. I was trying to snare him. Which the save is 26, so he would still fail.

Raynn
2010-04-20, 06:29 PM
Ninja'd, :smalltongue:

BrainIaC is trapped within the Claw as a Blue light grows brighter in the distance.

Arq Kujos
2010-04-20, 06:47 PM
The feeling of holding BrainIaC in his hand, no, his other hand, felt good.

"Now, let's talk about your horrible attitude. As a teacher, I can't have you running around causing damage and making a ruckus." Sentinel raised his arm and fired off a blast of cosmic energy right at BrainIaC.

"Now, be a good student and die."

kpenguin
2010-04-20, 09:07 PM
"Collin dohai and I, can make our way through the canalisation to the science building. Wisp dohai may be able to stay undetected, wich is why he will be our contengency plan." she gives the aformentioned electronic device to Dan.
"If something happens to me, try to make your way to the biggest emmiter you can find and upload that signal. Grey Knight senpai and Hikaru dohai will be our distraction and cover, acting as they see fit depending on the situation outside.
That seems the best course of action to me. Does anyone has a better one ?" it's an honnest question, if someone has a better plan she'll gladly go allong with it.

Hikaru shakes his head silently, then pauses a moment to consider.

"We should likely contact the school administration. They'll have likely noticed BrainIaC crashing out of the science wing. Principal Dire is likely coming up with a plan of action as well."

Shyftir
2010-04-21, 01:06 AM
"Yes, Hikaru, Ms. Dire is probably concocting a plan as we speak, but she probably does not know that the other students are currently downloaded into him. He's an AI. Principal Dire won't be pulling punches like she would against a human." Dylan catches the import of his words a few seconds late.
"Nothing personal, Eiko. he grimaces at her.

He looks at the others intently. "Okay, I got an idea. Hikaru, goes out there and does his thing with the laser light show of the century and all. I use that time to reach the shed where they let me keep my sky-bike. If and when Hikaru is forced to flee I'll buzz him a couple times. That should give you plenty of time to reach the science labs.

He gives them all an appraising look. "I know we're not exactly the starters or even the second string, But right now, we are Claremont! Let's put this joker down."

Kinda funny seeing we don't know about the tour de force going on above us.

smuchmuch
2010-04-21, 03:29 AM
"No offense was taken. I do not take offense"

"He has a point. Principal Dire must be informed" said Collin refeing to Hikaru "We can't let them die but if we make the situation worse just because we though we could handle it ourselve and could not then we are just as guilty."

((OOC: Dance puppet dance. do anyone want the control of matrix ? I don't like controling other Pc, I alway feel I get them out of character and it anoys me.))

Eiko gives a dark look to the puppet who just rebelled against his metal overlord.
"I assumed that if the school administration or any authority figure hadn't interevened yet, it was because they couldn't. I do not saw sentinel sensei who was supposed to look over us, I estimate likely he felled to the BrainIaC or has been neutralized in somme way. I will try to contact them now."
says Eiko trying to get a communication with her datalink, either with the school administration, the mayor office or the NFL

"Claremont school is under attack. The BrainIac, the school AI has gone feral. We are trying to activate manualy the safety protocols. It must be stopped but NOT destroyed as it's destruction will entrain the loss of nine students. Another unknown factor may be threatening the shool. Please help."

(I didn't include sentinel bacause i ca't think of a reason why eiko would have his frequency? of course if she does that make things much simpler. I'll let it up to Ark Kujos and Darth Ryan to decide.)

"Should the communcation fail, I do not believe it changes our overall priorties. I do not calculate any way transmiting the security code can worsen the situation in a significant way Maybe one of Wisp dohai could maybe try to contact them on his way and inform them of the situation ,"
A head on her temple to indicate she's trying to get communication, eiko walks to the nearest bathroom.
"If we are to act we must do it soon. I will head direcly to the science buiding once I get the result of the comm."

Raynn
2010-04-21, 12:42 PM
The threat signal is relayed to any available supers working with Claremont, as Athena is still at the Mayor's office and Sentinel is unavaible.

Sentinel picks up the transmition on his ring, a passing thought is to kill all the students and induct them as energy beings in to his Lantern Corps, he'll probably wait a few minutes to do that though.

A voice speaks back to Eiko, a transmission, she recognises the voice as that of the Mayor "Ready the safety protocol transmission just in case Eiko, I am on route to Claremont, I want all students out of the sky and only your team setting up the signal are allowed to move around outside, don't worry about getting that message to the other students, Athena has just put that through the school intercom, just focus on the signal."

Brainiac Explodes in a shower of limbs falling to the earth below, the blue light pauses stopping just far enough away to make out a humanoid shape.

Sentinel is about to investigate when a burst of white energy and bands of light explode in front of him, as the light dissipates a blond man in a long jacket floats in front of.

He speaks calmly, like a man in control, of himself, his emotions, and the situation "Take Off The Ring James."

Sentinel knows this man, Daniel Sword, he's the Mayor, the City is his; one thought races through Sentinel's head. . .

It Should be Mine!

smuchmuch
2010-04-21, 02:54 PM
Eiko nods "Yes, Sword sama it will be done." before turning to the team and replaying the message from the mayor.
"We have our orders. Do as you wish, I will follow them." taking a look at Hikaru and grey knight "I sugest you escort wisp ,dohai and if you meet the BrainIaC draw his attention."

Then sticking a finger up one of the tapes, she turns to liquid and start crawling through the canalisation (for those wondering how she can crawl up the pipes, that's why I wanted wall crawling for." Mostly she'll get to the larger canalisation, to move from one building to another since it's esier ot keep her orinetation here. Once she makes it to the science building or close enough, she'll get out as soon as possible and continue on foot..

Collin take a not so confident look at the canalisation and with unassured shrug of someone who doesn't think it's such a good idea but has nothing better to propose, follows in swarm form.

So master plan (if still aplicable will take effect either once eiko arrive to the science building or if/when the ground level team meet the brainIaC, wichever comme first, I suppose.
Inteligence roll [roll0]

Raynn
2010-04-21, 04:53 PM
Collin and Eiko emerge in front of a large transmitter array on the side of the Science building nearest the courtyard. Large windows at the room's side display the sky and the campus.

A large hole in the roof shows where BrainIaC most likely exited.

Arq Kujos
2010-04-21, 06:11 PM
Brainiac Explodes in a shower of limbs falling to the earth below, the blue light pauses stopping just far enough away to make out a humanoid shape.

Sentinel is about to investigate when a burst of white energy and bands of light explode in front of him, as the light dissipates a blond man in a long jacket floats in front of.

He speaks calmly, like a man in control, of himself, his emotions, and the situation "Take Off The Ring James."

Sentinel knows this man, Daniel Sword, he's the Mayor, the City is his; one thought races through Sentinel's head. . .

It Should be Mine!

"Off? Why? This power just destroyed that floating maniac and saved my life. This power is like channeling a star! I'm not taking it off. I'm not letting it leave my side.

Sentinel pulled his hand back, almost instinctively. The ring was warm, and it felt so good. It was better than flying. Sentinel remembered his first solo flight in the Air Force. The fear. The exhilaration. The joy. This ring was 100 times better.

"Why do you want me to take off my ring? Its mine. DO you want my power!? Power promised to me by prophecy?"

Sentinel started to get angry. "NO! Its mine!"

Sentinel charged his hand with power as a threat. He didn't want to hurt Sword, but he would not lose this new power.

Raynn
2010-04-21, 06:25 PM
The ring urges Sentinel to fire instead of holding back, a blast of lethal force rockets from his hand as the willing Sentinel's own will is easily overcome by the power of avarice and greed.

Except the blast doesn't hurt Nemesis, it doesn't even hit him, it bounces back towards the Orange Sentinel.

Toughness save DC 32 also the ring gives you a +4 to your normal toughness.

"You can't beat me Lantern, you're strong, but you're not that strong." Sword's tone is firm, unafraid.

Arq Kujos
2010-04-21, 06:31 PM
The ring urges Sentinel to fire instead of holding back, a blast of lethal force rockets from his hand as the willing Sentinel's own will is easily overcome by the power of avarice and greed.

Except the blast doesn't hurt Nemesis, it doesn't even hit him, it bounces back towards the Orange Sentinel.

Toughness save DC 32 also the ring gives you a +4 to your normal toughness.

"You can't be me Lantern, you're strong, but you're not that strong." Sword's tone is firm, unafraid.

OOC: Wait. Who did I fire at? Sword? Or Nemesis? Or is Sword Nemesis?

[roll0]
Well, I can't make that save either. :smallannoyed:

Arq Kujos
2010-04-21, 06:33 PM
OOC: Wait. Who did I fire at? Sword? Or Nemesis? Or is Sword Nemesis?

[roll0]
Well, I can't make that save either. :smallannoyed:

As the pain of Sword's blast hit him, Sentinel started to regain some of his senses. Why did I fire? I only wanted to scare him a bit.

Raynn
2010-04-21, 06:38 PM
You can transfer power to shields, by default they're set to blast so if you want to increase your forcefield instead go ahead. Daniel Sword is the Mayor, Nemesis is his codename.

Nemesis points a hand towards Orange Sentinel "that ring is warping your mind and soon you won't be able to take it off or resist it at all, I don't have a stun setting, so if we fight you will most likely die and if I lose I have the N.F.L., MetaMind and a battalion of A.E.G.I.S. field agents waiting on standby. Give Up The Ring James!"

Arq Kujos
2010-04-21, 06:43 PM
You can transfer power to shields, by default they're set to blast so if you want to increase your forcefield instead go ahead. Daniel Sword is the Mayor, Nemesis is his codename.

Nemesis points a hand towards Orange Sentinel "that ring is warping your mind and soon you won't be able to take it off or resist it at all, I don't have a stun setting, so if we fight you will most likely die and if I lose I have the N.F.L., MetaMind and a battalion of A.E.G.I.S. field agents waiting on standby. Give Up The Ring James!"

I thought Nemesis was the guy who killed all of the old super heroes.:smallconfused:

Also, this is so tense. I don't want to give up the ring before Kpenguin finishes his avatar, but I don't want to die either.

Of course, I always could flee....:smallamused:

Raynn
2010-04-21, 06:44 PM
He is the guy who killed all those heroes, hence why everyone in the Fall game hates him as they are the only ones who know that. It's your choice.

Sliver
2010-04-21, 06:47 PM
as they are the only ones who know that

Not anymore :smalltongue: And there was that NPC group we forgot.

*vanishes*

smuchmuch
2010-04-21, 06:50 PM
Instalation...........;//Accessing.library:manualwork//Accessingprogram:seccod.//absoluteprioirty.//Preparing//signal.Holding futere transmition.
Eiko walks to the transmitter tower control and start to setup things so ,the looped signal will be looped and transmited at a simple transmition from her.

"What the hell ?" exclaimes collin who just saw a peculiar scene through the building's windows. "That does not look good"

"I ...do not know." answered Eiko as her atention is diverted to the battle outside. She seems as confused as he is.
Audio: feed:"it's mine !"//??........................;
Data is not suficient for situation analysis.// require investigation//Investigate now Y/n
N
//Time factor limited..Pursuing:current.objective..."
It seemed sentinel san was alive but mad if the faint audio fees she had were any indication. Why ? A betrayer ? Was he somehow controled ? How ? What was that orange light ? Was that the threat the brainIaC talked about ? Too much possibilities, not enough information, the situation seems to get worst by the second (or rather it had a while ago and they were only now seeing the full brunt of it) .But if was thing was obvious ther was little she could do about it. She would carry her order for now and get back to her task.

Computer[/roll]1d20+15[/roll] +how much master plan give you on a 13 inteligence roll.

Arq Kujos
2010-04-21, 07:13 PM
Oh, my bad. I thought we all knew that.

"I don't have a stun setting either. Besides, we both know that if I kill you, then I can handle the rest of your private little army. You don't don't frighten me.

Sentinel was a soldier at heart, and soldiers don't take threats well.

"Besides, what would you do with it? I need this ring to finish the prophecy!" Sentinel was starting to not make sense.

Shyftir
2010-04-21, 09:13 PM
Meanwhile back with the rest of the team...
"Okay, let's get going Wisp. With me and Hikaru serving as a distraction I doubt anything could notice you."

Grey-Knight starts leading the way to their objective unaware of the struggle going on outside for the Orange Ring.

kpenguin
2010-04-21, 09:15 PM
Hikaru flies after Grey Knight, keeping a respectful distance behind.

I've got a bad feeling about this.

Sinistral
2010-04-21, 10:16 PM
What the hell? Why is Sentinel fighting the Mayor? Aside from a bad sense of timing, Sentinel never seemed like a bad guy. And what's with the creepy orange light? Collin wanted to investigate further, but he knew he was totally outclassed in power by those two.

A disconcerting thought flashed through Collin's mind. Where the hell was BrainIaC? He had been dismembered, but Collin knew better then to assume that would stop him. It wouldn't stop me. And now, with the only two beings capable of successfully fighting the computer construct locked in battle...

He turns back at Eiko, “How are we doing on the safety protocols? If BrainIac repairs himself, I don’t think that we can expect much help from the Mayor now that Sentinel has gone crazy.”

((I’m back. Apparently, fixing my computer was a lot less of problem then I thought it was.))

Raynn
2010-04-22, 01:10 PM
"The ring is warping your mind, I don't need this right now, the WORLD doesn't need this. We're being invaded; you need to lead the Next-Gem as an example not a lunatic!" He raises his hand and again and aims it at the Orange Sentinel but does not fire.

"We don't have much. . ."

BOOM

A wormhole generator explodes a hole in the fabric of the reality above the heads of even the flying Heroes.

At first seems like a black, deep, hole in the world. Then a massive steel shape forced its way out into this reality.

A Skrull cruiser, easily larger than the Claremont Campus.

"Oh F***. . ."

smuchmuch
2010-04-22, 02:45 PM
Audio/ explosion. cause unknown. invetigate........;.....
/Large flying object detected.//

Eiko move to the window a look at the looming menacing form cloging the skies, yet another sympom of the situation spiraling out of control. was this the threat the brainIac was speaking about ? or something else alltogether.

Identification:unknown./Checking.visual;feed:no match found/Checking audio feed. No match found////*???///
Analysising.Visual:Form:oblong. appears metalic in texture. large in size......Suposed nature:vehicle???crew:?
owner:>Purpose:unknown//threat level: unknown///
//situation.ananlysis:.....................No conclusive results???/
What now ?
/Course of action: ???Fight ? /Flee ?/establish contact ?*//More data needed///seek instruction/seek information ?.. understand investigate ????

Having no idea what is going on, she tries to establich contact with sword for an update, instuctions, anything.
"Sword-sama, what is happening ? are you all right ?"

Raynn
2010-04-22, 03:04 PM
He replies to Eiko "I. . . get your Next-Gen team ready, I'm going to try and turn Mr. Richardson on the Cruiser, I need you to find something in the science wing that can get you onto the cruiser, blow it from the inside."

Sinistral
2010-04-22, 03:28 PM
Collin stared numbly at the enormous spaceship that had suddenly appeared over the campus. It was so massive he couldn't even see where it ended from his current vantage point. “Well…Damn.”

This clearly was the threat BrainIac was worried about. Or it better be. Collin wasn’t sure he could take anymore surprises. He was completely overwhelmed as it is. The blue monster, the simulations, BrainIac, and Sentinel going dark side were more then enough to deal with for one day. He didn’t need a massive spaceship disgorging an army of evil aliens onto the campus of new school. He wasn’t sure the ship contained an army of evil aliens, but it fit the pattern of everything going horribly, catastrophically wrong.

He forcibly turned away from the window, to Eiko, “I assume our plan is going to need slight revisions now?” He tries to sound flippant, but he can’t keep the fear from his synthesized voice.

smuchmuch
2010-04-22, 03:50 PM
"Very well. Do you have anything specific in mind ? do you have a plan for future transportation" after she gets an answer, Eiko close the transmition and start a new one to Grey knight.
"This is Eiko. New presence is confiremed as an hostile warship. We have new orders, please relay." she speaks loud enough so Collin can overhear "Regroup to the science building's hall. we have to prepare for infiltration and sabotage. More when you'll be here, contact me when you'll be in the hall."

//Analysis new data
bnow that she has orders, Eiko's mind is starting to realign herself.
Even she didn't knew much about the machinbe outside, nothing about it's crew and the technology it was build with, she could start making somme assumption. a cruiser meant it probaly had a crew, wich could be taken out. It was a product of technology for what she could tell, wich means it probaly had a power source wich could be disabled or overcharged. it might contain system wich could be scrambled or detroyed. And finaly there was the simple method of doing enough direct damage with large explosive power.

Eiko moves out of the tranmiting room. Even if the building wasn't that large it would still take somme time to search the building room per room, and they didn't had much time.
So instead, Eiko tries to find the office of the building surpervisor/administrator or wichever commes the closest and tries to find a list of all projects and labs housed here and while waiting for the rest of the team, start isolating the names of the project who seems the most suited for her purposes.

Mental shapeshift (twice)
search. to find the list
(roll]1d20+16 knowlege technology. to isolate possible options. taking 10 for both rolls if necessary and possible
(shouldn't take too long thanks to mental quickness (2))

Raynn
2010-04-22, 04:07 PM
Eiko finds a project a few rooms over that the Expert and a few other students had been working on, a short range teleporter based around manipulating some nearby rift in time and space, it should bypass any shield the ship might have and is already operational. When she enters the room she sees a device much like a large Star Trek transport pad.

Sliver
2010-04-22, 04:13 PM
Jake looks around. Really looking around. "That's... Bad."

"Mayor, I hope the principal has informed you about the activities of the navigation club. We are just back from a trip and we have some extra passengers. Mr. Albright, Bio, Ellen, Talon, Ashley and BowMan, to be percise. They were all captured by the Skrull. What is that giant thing above you and what can we do?"

smuchmuch
2010-04-22, 04:13 PM
That's part one. Tranporation soved.
Looking at the list (sshe took image of relevant data and storred it for future use, eiko searches for something suitable for phase two: causing massive damageto the ship. something that could be used to vceate an EMP blast, an explosion or a way to neutralize a lot of people in a confined space quicly (sleeping or chocking gas for exemple)

Weither or not she'll find anything relevant she'll turns to the controls and try tio figure out how they work in order to have everything ready as soon as possible.

Raynn
2010-04-22, 04:20 PM
No student was allowed study such dangerous tech and due to synthetic students like Eiko researching EMP weapons was banned as well for safety and equality.

It'll take her about a minute to accurately set the machine to beam them within the ship.

"The New Next-Gen is inside the Science Wing, they should have a way to get on board the ship, otherwise try to help me calm down Sentinel!"

Jake sees the Prinicipal approach in her liquid metal skin armour, her helmet missing "Navigation, what happened? Where did you go? I just got back, Daniel says we're being invaded. Any more information for me?"

Sliver
2010-04-22, 04:29 PM
"We have found these-" Jake motions at the people they picked up "-At a different world, one controlled by the same shapeshifters we encountered before, the Skrull. At least controlling the moon. The Skrull probably took the place of these heroes, something needs to be done.. But there are other things." Jake closes his eyes and a portal opens, which Jake steps into and looks at Eiko. Waiting for the others to enter the room, Jake speaks "You have found a way into the ship?"

(Jake will use Quickness effecting other to aid Eiko setting up the teleportation.)

Unkabear
2010-04-22, 04:44 PM
On the grounds a portal opens and a nondescript man in a dark trench-coat and suit steps out. He is very nondescript as he has no face. He looks about taking in the scene, whistling as he looks at the ship above him.

The portal behind him closed, shutting off the light that it had caused. He saw many faces, but Ellen's was one that he did not expect. Even Daniel and Athena were to be expected. "Ellen, what is going on?"

smuchmuch
2010-04-22, 04:59 PM
Preparing aparatus///Calibrating transportation matrix.
Eiko is fidling with the control. She has never done trnasdimentional physics before, yet she seems to find her way somehow.
Consulting:http//www.n,uclearphysicsandkitties.com/forums/howtorepelaleninvasionswithSCIENCE!/teleportationfordumies/ead.php?p=8354641#post8354641
It's amazing what you will find on the internet nowadays.

"You have found a way into the ship?"

//Presence detected//Identification:No match found. Situation ??? Inv.. No. Okay, that enough. Not important.

I think I'm becomming jaded."
Eiko is standing near the control. She take a look a the new arrival with her usual blank expression before answering his question by pointing at the teleporter.
"Yes."

"I am Eiko." she bows before getting back to her work. Although she doesn't ask for any, she will gladly accept any help.
"If you know about the plan, I assume that sword sama send you. If I may humbly ask who you are ?"

Ladorak
2010-04-22, 05:04 PM
'This... is a lot of new information to process. Is that... the Mayor flying up there with one of our teachers? Is that guy missing a face?' A second later he's pointing at the sky 'What the hell is that thing!' He mutters under his breath 'Great Zeus, I swear if you explain all this stuff right now I'll build you a temple so big it'll make the Parthenon look like an ant's playpen.' He looks around at the Navigation Club, forcing some humour into his voice 'In retrospect Pizza was definatly the way to go... Maybe we've angered the great Pizza gods.'

Sliver
2010-04-22, 05:09 PM
"Jake. I go here too.. Some of these go here as well" he motions through the portal "I only know that you found a way into the ship, that we are invaded, and one of the teachers is really mad and glowing, and the mayor is trying to calm him down. Can you fill in the blanks? I swear if we find Skrulls there..." he mumbles the last part.

As Eiko works, she finds everything happening a lot faster. Much faster. (using quickness on Eiko)

Unkabear
2010-04-22, 05:15 PM
Cael nods, at least he is not the only one. "Mayor" he might as well use the formal title once. "What can I do to help?" the Irony was not lost on Cael.

Raynn
2010-04-22, 05:19 PM
Athena steps forward "Just downloaded everything I need to explain and got the rest from Dire so I'll only say this once. A race of Shapeshifters from an alternate reality called the Skrulls have invaded the earth, replacing key heroes with Skrull duplicates, Navigation found them and brought them here but that most likely activated the Skrull agents, realising the Skrulls had been found out they opened up a wormhole to attack us on mass using an Armada, this ship must be the first. The Orange light above us is from Sentinel, well Orange Sentinel now, he's wielding a power that makes him one of out most powerful weapons but also nuts, Daniel Sword, the Mayor, is trying to calm him down, and yes he has super powers, Eiko is trying to activate a device to teleport us within the ship."

Nemesis sends a mental message to Cael;
Gather Pain and Dire's people, we need everyone.

Nemesis points towards the Ship and shouts towards the Orange Lantern "You want it ALL!? Well that ship is full of an army that wants to take EVERYTHING from you! Do you want that?! Or are you going to send them back to hell! Before they take everything from you!"

smuchmuch
2010-04-22, 05:22 PM
((oh ninjaed, what Eiko's says happen before Athena arrives then.))

"Certainly, although I am afraid I do not know much myself."
Eiko will relate most of the relevant fact about what happened, from the rampaging student to arrival of the skrull ship. (Wich admitedly doesn't answer much about Jake's question since she has no idea what happened with sentinel, ,only what she has puzled from what the BrainIac said and what she overheard from the fight with Nemesis.)
"I am sorry I cannot be of more assistance." she sounds a bit embarassed "Speaking of filling the blanks, may I ask what is a Skrull and how they relate to the current threat ?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tichrondrius
2010-04-22, 05:32 PM
As Vagrant heals her, Riley's eyes flutter open and she looks around confused. Catching eyes with Vagrant, she smiles slightly as he helps her to her feet. "Thanks for saving me, Vagrant." She smiles cheerfully, before his focus is quickly diverted to more important manners. He was really cute about it, though.

It's all too much for Riley, nearly a blur, as they quickly are brought back from whence they came. The blond haired girl kinda sticks in the background, still a little dazed from the Super Skrull's attack.

"Skrulls.. they're green and super strong aliens or something like it and can shapeshift into anything. They can also use fire and ice attacks, I think." She brushes a lock of hair back from her face.

Ladorak
2010-04-22, 05:33 PM
Again muttering under his breath Vagrant says 'Well, that was suprisingly informative. I can't say you answered everything though Zeus, but good enough for a household shine I'd say... Of course that means you'll have to see me through this one... See my friends through itand I'll make it a really big one.'

Raynn
2010-04-22, 05:49 PM
The two Jakes arrive on the scene to see the younger clone already there and the heroes already readying themselves for the assault including;

MetaMind; MetaSoul; MetaMorph; Athena(Doctor Dire II); Daniel Sword(Nemesis, the Mayor); the Orange Sentinel; Eiko; Beacon II; Matrix; Grey Knight; Wisp; Krag; Vagrant; Mason; Navi; Riley; Fabio; Cael(the Detective).

Da Beast
2010-04-22, 05:52 PM
"So let me make sure I have this right. We're under attack by shape shifting Nazi aliens who were lead to our world by a dimension hoping psychic robot, and that's their invasion ship. Have I left anything out?"

Raynn
2010-04-22, 05:57 PM
Athena looks over to Bio "I think that's the gist of it but I think there's a deactivated killer robot called Brainic 12 scattered across the grounds and I'm pretty sure one of my teachers have gone insane and is now the glowing orange light talking to my husband."

Ladorak
2010-04-22, 06:10 PM
Sudden Vagrant is laughing 'Oh you old trickster, you got me again!' Turning to Bio he says with a grin 'Reality is subjective you know. That's not just a magic thing, it's in Quantum Physics so it's not just the wizard dude making stuff up on the spot. The point is we change it with our perspectives. So stop asking for more bad news 'cos the universe will keep piling it on.'

Sliver
2010-04-22, 06:12 PM
Both Jakes examine the little one. "Another one?!" Little Jake looks confused as well, he didn't expect a third one. In a moment of panic, he gives up on explaining with words, and everything instantly flows into the Jakes' minds. Metamorph's weaker mind takes a little longer to recover than Metamind's.

"THEY CLONED ME?!" He exclaims while Metamind finds something else of interest.

"Ashley!" he leaps "I was so worried... I'm sorry! If it wasn't me, you wouldn't have been dragged into all of this..."

"You rescued them all... You done what we all tried to do, and you didn't even intend to do it from the start. But you are still-"

"No. I know what you are about to say and I don't care. You know my powers and what I am capable of. You might be more experienced, but with what you just seen, you will not talk down to me."

Metamorph is steps back and sighs. What was his position in all of this? How would he treat a clone of himself?

"The ship is blocking any ways of sensing what is inside, but not teleportation. Eiko is almost done setting up the device and we will be going in. We, I will not be left out just because we share the same blood and you think that you are expected to be concerned and overprotective of me."

Metamind looks for a moment at the clueless Metamorph, then he turns and looks at the orange lantern.

Power Stunting Emotional Control to cause him to be really angry at the SkrullSchiff.

Metamorph looks at Athena for a moment. Shaking off a weird feeling, he speaks up "We really don't have a plan beside teleport in and hope for the best, do we?" Jake cracks his knuckles "Good thing reacting to s*** is my proffession. Except when I'm part of the s***"

"Isn't it weird? I got your genes, the Skrull got your genes, and now we need to kick their green ass off our world... Nah, it's not weird."

"Maybe the saint will join us..."

Unkabear
2010-04-22, 06:53 PM
Cael calls dire. "Dire, we have a situation, that you most likely already know about, I am opening a portal to Claremont, please come post haste."

Green Bean
2010-04-22, 07:21 PM
"Ellen, what is going on?"

Ellen blows a lock of hair out of her eyes. "Skrulls kidnapped me, apparently. If "I'm" back at the base, you might want to give me a knock on the head."

She sighed as it looked like she'd be working alongside Nemesis again, and idly wondered how long it'd take to put together enough power that the Legacy wouldn't need him anymore.

Unkabear
2010-04-22, 07:29 PM
The realization that Ellen was a Skrull fell upon Cael with a sickening weight. So much that they know. Cael was glad for what secrets he still held, and was scrambling in his mind to find one that may be used against these foul Aliens.

"Its good to have you back" Cael says before looking upon the craft. "Do you think that they have any defenses against me yet?"

Green Bean
2010-04-22, 07:38 PM
"Well, assuming that we only just learned about the Skrulls, I've only been gone for a few hours. Hopefully not long enough to analyze your powers."

Unkabear
2010-04-22, 07:46 PM
Cael nods. He waits for a moment to see if they would be coming to them, or if they would need to take the fight to the Skrulls. Hopefully he would not have to try, but he was ready.

Arq Kujos
2010-04-22, 07:58 PM
Sentinel was taken back by the sudden appearance of the massive ship. His armor started to glow brighter as anger and jealousy swelled up inside him. Who the hell are these bastards trying to upstage me! I'm the Orange Lantern! All this attention should be going to me!

Hearing Daniel speak was all the invitation Sentinel needed. "Oh Daniel, you are quite the politician. You know just what to say to bring a smile to my face. If you wanted me to save your precious city and the whole world, all you had to do was ask. Of course, when this is over, we still have business to discuss."

Sentinel blasted off towards the Skrull ship like a missile. His orange light seemed to almost block out the sun in brilliance. I want this ship in pieces! I want these invaders begging me for their pathetic lives. I WANT EARTH PRAISING ME AS THE HERO I AM! Sentinel held both his hands together, gathering energy before firing a blast at what looked like an engine.

Sinistral
2010-04-22, 08:00 PM
One minute Collin was alone with Eiko, the next he was surrounded by his fellow heroes. Fellow heroes. I guess I'm a member of Next Gen now. Maybe once this is all over I can figure out exactly how the **** that happened.

Collin examined the new arrivals. A small part of him was annoyed at their intrusion, but he was relieved that they at least looked like they knew what they were doing. Well, some of them. He glanced at the bickering trio of brothers, clones or whatever.

Despite all the activity, something was still bothering Collin. "Ummm.... I have a question. Once we blow up the Skrull ship, how are we going to get back down? From the looks of that teleporter, I'd say it only works one way.”

DeusPravus
2010-04-22, 08:01 PM
Mason sticks near the other members of the Navigation club, closest to Riley and Vagrant. Concentrating for a moment, the ring fulls transforms into two heavy gauntlets, and Artifex fully transforms into costume. Turning to Riley, Mason wonders, "What do they expect us to do against something like that I wonder? Especially if there are more of those super-powered Skrull things."

Unkabear
2010-04-22, 08:19 PM
Cael looks to Dire, "You are sending the NEXT GEN up onto that thing! Are you Crazy! They are just Kids!" He sighs, and takes a deep breath. "Can somebody tell them that once they set that thing to come down Athena will send someone in to extract them?" Cael meant that he would go in and get them himself, but he had to respect lines of Authority...ish...for when the time came.

Ladorak
2010-04-22, 08:25 PM
'Let's just hope Fire and Ice was a one off. Given how important the prisoners were you'd think they'd have a heavy gun standing watch... Maybe. Anyway, the bigger you make something like that the bigger it's weaknesses will be. Like Talos and his enchanted heel... Not that the new Talos has one, but then he's smaller so if just proves my point... I'm rambling, sorry.' He clears his throat and tries again 'I know this sounds absurd, but try not to worry about it too much Mason. Fear is the Mind-Killer. Besides, you see that chick over there' He points at Ellen 'She's the Master Mage, the most powerful sorcerer on the planet. She gives demons nightmares... Well, she would if they slept.'

A portal opens nearby, out of it steps a diminutive man with a demented look, a hulking war robot and a smaller robot that seemed to be made of liquid metal

'And look, more help... I think.'

Green Bean
2010-04-22, 08:42 PM
Ellen, too far away to hear Vagrant talking, sneezes, then looks around curiously.

kpenguin
2010-04-22, 09:40 PM
(OOC: Gah. You people. Really got ahead of yourselves...)

Hikaru spots the unconscious Mr. Albright and quickly rushes to his side.

"What... what happened? Who did this to him?!"

The Beacon's voice cracks with emotion. Hikaru is visibly shaken, then the familiar look of serenity flows over his face.

Calm, focus, Hikaru. Mister Albright is still alive and he wouldn't be happy knowing you broke down on his account. Focus...

He pieces together what happened from the conversations of others. He remains calm, impassive, and silent, listening to the planning of the older, more experienced heroes.

Sliver
2010-04-23, 02:35 AM
MetaSoul glanced at the Detective for a moment. "The sorceress was trapped there for two weeks. In this time she was controlling her own body without knowing that she was controlling a shapeshifted Skrull, and everything that she witnessed was being recorded. We can't assume that we got the element of surprise at our side, but I believe there are no more Skrull among us. I have seen it..." MetaSoul then turns around and looks at a blank spot.

Lost Demiurge
2010-04-23, 06:24 AM
A sonic boom follows a streak of gold flashing out from the city, jabbing toward Claremont Academy. It does a quick whip-round of the Skrull vessel, before stopping and hovering ten feet from the ground by the allies.

Judging by the mask, it can only be Doctor Dire.

However, the armor is different... Golden, glowing, seemingly made out of energy... And on the left hand, a gleaming yellow ring, barely visible against the gold armor.

The ceramic mask turns. Shehe surveys the ground for a full second, left arm held up and fist clenched, before nodding at Cael and the other Legacy members there.

"WELL. NEW FACES, LITTLE TIME FOR INTRODUCTIONS. IS THERE A PLAN IN PROGRESS?"

Sliver
2010-04-23, 06:45 AM
"Eiko is setting up a device to teleport us inside..." Metamorph informs Dire "You aren't going to freak out and randomly attack us like Sentinel up there, right?" Jake looks at the ring. "When did you get that?"

Lost Demiurge
2010-04-23, 07:36 AM
"ATTACK RANDOMLY? NO. DIRE DEPLORES SENSELESS VIOLENCE."

She kills the flight, and lands, flexing her knees to catch the weight.

"SENSIBLE VIOLENCE MUCH MORE EFFICIENT."

"RING EVIDENTLY THOUGHT THAT DIRE WAS MORE EFFICIENT AT CAUSING FEAR THAN LAST BEARER. AM TOLERATING THE INSOLENT BAUBLE FOR THE MOMENT. MAY DISINTEGRATE IT LATER, IF IT PROVES INSUFFICIENTLY USEFUL."

And Dire stops speaking, as her eyes light upon Athena. For a long minute she stands there, staring at the armored figure...

Finally...

"DAUGHTER," with a respectful nod of the head.

Green Bean
2010-04-23, 07:42 AM
Seeing the rest of her team arrive, Ellen flies over. "Uh, hi guys. Long time, no see, apparently. I gather that since there's only one me here that you've dealt with my doppelganger?"

Sliver
2010-04-23, 07:45 AM
"Not as well as it dealt with Dire's base." Metamind speaks up "It might become a tradition, going out with a bang."

Unkabear
2010-04-23, 07:46 AM
Cael nods. "It looks like it. Dire, the situation right now is that" he has to force out the words "Next Gen" if his face had features his expression would have matched the distaste in his voice "is going up onto that thing by themselves to sabotage it from the inside. At the moment we are all just sitting here like ogling tourists. Though I would recommend some sort of statement that would draw their attention to us and allow the kids a chance to do something."

Sliver
2010-04-23, 07:50 AM
"What?" Little Jake exclaims "No their not! We-" He motions at Navigation "-Were at their world, we defeated two of the super Skrulls, one of them used your powers, Legacy. They were alone that time, and defeated with numbers. Distracting a ship?! Finding out there was a Skrull among you caused you to lose your mind or something?"

Unkabear
2010-04-23, 08:03 AM
The Detective looks at the little Jake. "Next Gen is already on its way. What would you rather, they go in there while we stand around with our pants down and they get slaughtered? OR, would you rather do what you can to bring the fight to us gaining that ships full attention and give them a fighting chance of disabling that ship without dying horribly?"

Sliver
2010-04-23, 08:12 AM
"What are you talking about?" Jake points at Eiko working on the device "I'm talking about going in and bring the fight to them! Are you so thrilled about more destruction here when we can force them to take the defensive stance and crush them there?"