PDA

View Full Version : Duskblade spell list

pffh
2010-04-01, 07:27 PM
I was flipping through the phb2 to see if I want to allow it in future games and I really liked the duskblade class so I go and check out it's spell list. Wow that list is REALLY short, so are there any other books or places that expand that list?

Eldonauran
2010-04-01, 07:40 PM
The actual Duskblade spell list is at the end of the Duskblade class, not in the spell section. Those spells are only the 'new' spells that are introduced in the PHB2.

And, no, the list isn't expanded as far as I know

pffh
2010-04-01, 07:44 PM
Hah you're right. Well now I feel stupid.

Eldonauran
2010-04-01, 07:48 PM
No worries. We've all been there. That spell list is hard to find if you aren't paying attention.

reptilecobra13
2010-04-01, 07:52 PM
Check this out.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47989
Personally, I think that the restricted spell list is perfectly fine. You're already looking at a class with a full BAB progression, two good saves, the ability to cast in armor, and the ability to channel your touch spells into your attacks. Frankly, from what I've seen of them, they're mildly overpowered for a single class character. By the way, the full list of Duskblade spells is printed on pg. 24 of PHB II, and only the new spells appear in the spell section of the book (Pg. 98).

Edit: Dang. Took too long writing my reply.

Keld Denar
2010-04-01, 07:53 PM
I think Roland (yes, THAT Roland) posted something around here a while back with a list of other spells that should have made it onto the list. Mostly touch spells (for Channeling) and a few other gish themed spells like Whirling Blade.

arguskos
2010-04-01, 08:00 PM
I have Roland's list:

Duskblade spell list Expansion:
L0
Caltrops
Electric Jolt
Know Greatest Enemy
Launch Item
Stick

L1
Corrosive Grasp
Critical Strike
Deafening Clang
Fist of Stone
Ice Dagger
Lightfoot
Nerveskitter
Nightshield
Persistent Blade
Phantom Threat
Rhino's Rush
Snowshoes

L2
Battering Ram
Bladeweave
Body of the Sun
Bristle
Combust
Daggerspell Stance
Delusions of Grandeur
Fireburst
Flame Dagger
Infernal Wound
Ironthunder Horn
Mountain Stance
Rainbow Beam
Scorch
Shadow Spray
Weapon Shift
Wracking Touch

L3
Belker Claws
Body Blades
Clarity of Mind
Diamondsteel
Find the Gap
Knight's Move
Know Opponent
Moon Blade
Ring of Blades
Spectral Weapon
Spider Poison
Steeldance
Sppress Breath Weapon
Unluck
Whirling Blade

L4
Bands of Steel
Blindsight
Displacer Form
Flame Whips
Forcewave
Frost Breath
Lion's Charge
Mind Poison
Vulnerability

L5
Acid Sheath
Aura of Evasion
Charge of the Triceratops
Emerald Flame Fist
Fireburst, Greater
Girallon's Blessing
Ray Deflection
Translocation Trick

Complete Mage
Assassin Spells
Bloodletting (1)
Catsfeet (1)
Summon Weapon (2)
Rusted Blade (3) (or (4) as per Wiz/Sorc list)
Unseen Strike (4)

Wiz/Sorc Spells
Steam Jet (1)
Escalating Enfeeblement (2)
Heart of Air (2)
Tenacious Dispelling (3)
Heart of Water (3)
Prickling Torment (3)
Heart of Earth (4)
Crypt Warden's Grasp (5)
Touch of Vecna (5)
Heart of Fire (5)
Tactical Teleportation (6) as (5)

pffh
2010-04-01, 08:01 PM
wow, thank you.

Roland St. Jude
2010-04-01, 08:12 PM
You may also find this post explaining the premise of the expanded list and adding one more book's worth of expansion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7807766&postcount=19) of interest.

arguskos
2010-04-01, 08:17 PM
Roland, I actually added your CMage suggestions to the list already. :smallwink:

I do need to get around to codifying everything out well though, it's still in a highly disorganized state. :smallsigh:

deuxhero
2010-04-01, 08:24 PM
Check this out.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47989
Personally, I think that the restricted spell list is perfectly fine. You're already looking at a class with a full BAB progression, two good saves, the ability to cast in armor, and the ability to channel your touch spells into your attacks. Frankly, from what I've seen of them, they're mildly overpowered for a single class character. By the way, the full list of Duskblade spells is printed on pg. 24 of PHB II, and only the new spells appear in the spell section of the book (Pg. 98).

Edit: Dang. Took too long writing my reply.

They are a low
tier 3, which is slightly under what they should be, but close.

Greenish
2010-04-01, 08:28 PM
They are a low
tier 3, which is slightly under what they should be, but close.YMMV (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/YourMileageMayVary). Many, including me, consider tiers 3-4 the sweet spot of balanced, not too weak but not too strong.

[Edit]: Though I can't see why single-classed characters should be weaker than multiclassed ones, which seems to be what Reptilecobra is implying.

Roland St. Jude
2010-04-01, 08:47 PM
Roland, I actually added your CMage suggestions to the list already. :smallwink:

I do need to get around to codifying everything out well though, it's still in a highly disorganized state. :smallsigh:

Ah, very cool!

As for the power level thing, I don't think adding to the spell list changes a whole lot. The duskblade still gets relatively small number of spells known. So what this provides is versatility (within the concept of the class) and greater variation between duskblades. I've played duskblades with the standard and expanded lists through level 12 without seeing any power difference.

InkEyes
2010-04-02, 12:47 AM
I believe this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34943) was the old go-to thread for expanding Duskblade spells? I'm surprised it wasn't purged. Still, good for comparisons with these new compilations of possible Duskblade spells.

Vizzerdrix
2010-04-02, 04:08 PM
Hmm... Ya know, I could have sworn I'd see a few more Duskblade spells in some obscure Eberron book someplace. :smallconfused: