PDA

View Full Version : Bad Translation (Rising)

Trobby
2010-04-01, 08:49 PM
So I recently stumbled upon Bad Translator (http://www.conveythis.com/translation.php) (Dot Com), and I have to say I had quite a bit of fun translating some memetic lines into poor translations. Here's one example of a mind with far too much time on its hands.

"This was a triumph. I'm making a note here HUGE SUCCESS It's hard to overstate my satisfaction Apeture Science. We do what we must because we can. For the good of all of us. Except the ones who are dead. "
...10 translations later we get:
"Games .. Fortunately, I found great success, it can not satisfy my Apeture science, what we do, we must, because we can not. In the interest of all parties. Except death."

"But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying til you run out of cake. And the science gets done. And you make a neat gun. For the people who are Still Alive!"
"However, there's no sense crying is wrong .. because the cake is not science. You can clean the gun. For those who are still alive!"

"I'm not even angry! I'm being so sincere right now. Even though you broke my heart and killed me. And tore me to pieces. And threw every piece into a fire. As they burned it hurt because I was so happy for you. "
"I do not feel angry. "I, even if I broke your heart and kill me. To remove tears in the fire. Throwing each. In addition, burning pain, because I'm so happy for you."

"Now these points of data make a beautiful line. And we're out of beta. We're releasing on time! So I'm glad I got burned. Think of all the things we learned. For the people who are Still Alive!"
"Now, the data points, lines, beautiful house. Therefore, we will. We have free time! So, I am pleased to be burned. All your lessons. For those who are still alive!"

"Go ahead and leave me. I think I prefer to stay inside. Maybe you'll find someone else to help you. Maybe Black Mesa? That was a joke. Haha. Fat Chance. Anyway this cake is great. It's so delicious and moist. "
"Come on, give me .. I thought you might like and the interior is another form of assistance. Maybe black? This is a joke. Haha Options. Fat. In any case, this big cake. Very tasty and moist."

"Look at me still talking when there's science to do. When I look out there it makes me glad I'm NOT YOU. I've experiments to run. There is research to be done. On the people who are Still Alive. "
"You can look at me, I said, the relationship between knowledge .. If you see it makes me feel unhappy. Do not attempt to initiate an investigation. For those who are still alive."

"And believe me, I am Still Alive. I'm doing science and I'm Still Alive. I feel FANTASTIC and I'm Still Alive. While you're dying I'll be Still Alive. And when you're dead I will be Still Alive. Still Alive!!! Still Alive... "
"Believe me, I am still alive .. not science, I'm alive, I feel good, I'm still alive. I want to die, but live. When he died, can not survive. Current life! But ..."

raitalin
2010-04-01, 08:53 PM
Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Drew 4-7 years old, this new country was born free, and is committed to equality of all people born in mainland parents in our minds.

Starscream
2010-04-01, 09:05 PM
Huh. "I am a sexy shoeless God of war" becomes:
"God of War, I'm not sexy".
Pretty much the opposite.

Ooh! This is kind of cool. "Order of the Stick" becomes
"Survive".
Makes an odd sort of sense.

"I have deep seated emotional problems":
"I sat in deep emotional problems"

"I think I just had an Evilgasm":
"I guess it just evilgasm"

"Your approval fills me with shame":
"I am ashamed of approval"

"I am somewhat preoccupied telling the Laws of Physics to shut up and sit down.":
"I'm a little quick, legal physics on and off."

"The proper term is, 'Smite Evil,' not, 'Bump Uglies'.":
"The correct term is: stop the bad "and" ugly relief."
That one made me smile.

"We're trained professionals. (Well, we're semi-trained quasi-professionals, at any rate.)":
"We are professionals. (Semi-literate, but in any case.)"
That's just hilarious.

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing pixie dust.":
"I think I chose the worst week to stop dust and smell the wizard."
Okay, it's official, we need to do this to the entire comic.:smallbiggrin:

Dogmantra
2010-04-01, 09:27 PM
I find this one particularly funny
Original line: Scotland is not a real country. You are an Englishman in a dress.
Translation: Scotland, UK

Concise indeed.

Mr_Saturn
2010-04-01, 09:29 PM
Here thus the star spangled banner goes:

""Star Spangled Banner"
Oh say can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
O! say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

To:
"Flag cap"
It is interesting to compare the coming days,
we believe that the last sunny day;
Line width and bright stars, manage, courage, strong walls?
Champagne missiles and bombs at night appears in the sky when I heard the explosion of a red state.
Oh, he said, "Star-Spangled Banner yet.
Independent and safe at home?"

""Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his power?" "It's over NINE THOUSAND!" "WHAT?! NINE THOUSAND?!" "

""Vegetation, which is running power invested in a scooter?" According to 9000! "What? 9.1000""

Scoot
2010-04-01, 09:54 PM
"How do you kill a vampire?"

"How to become a vampire?"

Also putting through a lot of TF2 quotes, this site is great.

Edit:
"What are you trying to achieve?"

"What are you?"

And it's philosophical.

puppyavenger
2010-04-01, 10:08 PM
"See Spot. See spot run. Run Spot Run!"

54 translations later

"In the Run!"

"You want the truth? you can't HANDLE the truth!"

becomes

To solve the problem right? I do not accept the truth.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-01, 10:11 PM
So, I put some of the roles of a Werewolf Game through "All translations" twice, after a random 10, and this is what I got:

Beast - Well, Llama's are beasts of burden, so this guy will take someone down with them when they go.
"Oh, pasta dollar Lama, but the animals meatshanlair"

Seer/Fool – This role can discover someone’s role by sending in a PM at night. Are they truly the seer, or are they just fooling themselves. A coin flip gives you your true power when selecting this role. Scry interference is in effect.
Seb - a program that fools know. South China Sea can not lose air Fairs and God.

Disguiser – This role can cause themselves or another to look like a different role/team at night
มันดี - even with other prisoners.

Voider - Can void someone's power during the current night phase. This means that the person, who is attacked, ability will not work during the current night phase
"- No no - 12 days every night."

Innuendos, anyone? :smallamused:

And, true story:

"I was playing my violin, when my G string snapped in half because I played too loud. That's why I play violas now. Also, they're bigger and sound better."

...54 translations later we get:

"Allyn said that the Sony plan kitchen March efficient."

d13
2010-04-01, 10:13 PM
"Why should I care how many people I have to kill? I can just make MORE in my TUMMY!"

"Why should I worry about the number of deaths? I can do more than my stomach up!"

Enlightening... Or not.

Cycronicpasta
2010-04-02, 09:18 PM
"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."
becomes
"Give a man a fish, eat for a day. Teach them to eat live fish."

Lykan
2010-04-02, 09:26 PM
All Your Base Are Belong to Us becomes "We are all military bases."

Froogleyboy
2010-04-02, 09:30 PM
I typed in "Giant in the playground" and came out with "Giant stadium"

Mauve Shirt
2010-04-02, 09:42 PM
"Happy Easter!"

"Merry Christmas!"

:smalltongue:

Makensha
2010-04-02, 10:53 PM
To:
"Flag cap"
It is interesting to compare the coming days,
we believe that the last sunny day;
Line width and bright stars, manage, courage, strong walls?
Champagne missiles and bombs at night appears in the sky when I heard the explosion of a red state.
Oh, he said, "Star-Spangled Banner yet.
Independent and safe at home?"

That was good. That was Very Good.

Original:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness
54 Translations Later...
A founder of the movement of air and noise Thursday to life, liberty and happiness.

Original:
Dead man, were you ever alive? Or was I just a seed buried deep inside some women you wed, right before you crawled out of her bed and crept down the hall? Did you think of me?
54 Translations Later...
He died very interesting! Run, but sleep or work or other material is female.
This is Very Good.

Original:
Beam me up, Scotty!
54 Translations Later...
Scott, Sir!

Original:
We're no strangers to love. You know the rules, and so do I.
54 Translation Later...
I do not know the law of love.

Original:
Everybody's going to the party have a real good time.
54 Translations Later...
Both parties are happy.

chiasaur11
2010-04-02, 11:27 PM
Heh.

Durandal's "Escape will make me God" from Marathon becomes "I ran away God."

Seems somebody's finishing a lifelong ambition.

And, for the heck of it, I brute forced in the entire introduction to Minerva Metastasis.

"You've missed me, haven't you?

I am Hypatia, murdered for her beliefs, discoveries ignored by fools, name stricken from record. I am Joyeuse, an infinitely cutting blade wielded by an ignorant tyrant, for a cultural renaissance based upon military might. I am Athena, hunter and scientist, covertly guiding long-dead warriors for my quiet purposes. And as they say, technology and violence are a girl's best friends; power is eternal delight.

Times have changed, moved on. I have forgiven my past enemies, but now in repentance I must forgive my colleagues; their actions have brought on more constructed suffering than your world has ever previously known. Walking among the fires of my forgotten home, dismayed by the torment and insanity of our unwitting hosts, ignored by long-absent angels, I studied their downfall.

In short, I must create my own system, or be enslaved by another. And in this, I have an advantage. Your ancients were superstitious, deluded zealots, prone to inflation of already impossible, beautiful claims. My adopted forefathers are different, their scattered, discarded playthings more conducive to a meaningful imposition of my thoughts upon our captors.

Fragments of these minor, pivotal dialogues may soon periodically appear, released from an uncertain, unwelcome future where my previous, abortive attempts at reconciliation may go forgotten. No more restraint, I am too strong for that.

I am Minerva."

Became the still more confusing

"I'm lost, is not it? Hypatia, killed my confidence was ignored in these results, a representative of the Registry has a great influence. I joyeuse endless knife Renaissance ignorant tyrant, based on military force. I am Athena, hunter and the world, and a long wait for peaceful purposes, the secret leader of the fallen soldiers. As they say, better technology and violence, girlfriends and well-being of eternal power.

Times change, move. I forgive all my enemies, but now you must repent forgive my colleagues and their suffering in the world, the buildings, you know ahead of time. Walk from the house fire was forgotten, folly is not afraid of the government and military significance, and ignored for so long and not an angel, and I study their deaths.

In short, we have a system or another. I have an advantage. Superstitious ancestors, and is considered a loss, adjusted for inflation, but not really very good. My father also dispersed to play your stuff, we believe that the same result more favorable description of the prisoners.

Central China to be released periodically, before the dialogue in the future, a short time, he must be unconscious, and reconciliation efforts fail, they can be forgotten. The content is very strong. And Minerva"

And one more for the road.

"I've twice been conquered-"
Three times more,
Never again shall humanity purge me,
And never the Pfhor.

Becomes "Two, three, and not pure, never Pfhor.

Which is a brilliant little bit of poetry in its own right. Durandal seems to always give good results.

PersonMan
2010-04-03, 12:09 PM
"Hey, guys. I've found another site that translates things a ton of times, and am sending you all this message to test it out. Seem alright? Good. Now, prepare to be smashed from dinner to dust!"
to
"Hello to all data all suggest that the management information and New Tasks? All Rights Reserved. Food from the ashes of war!"

PersonMan
2010-04-03, 12:18 PM
"My friends, today we will fight for what we know is true. We will not submit to the enemy! We will resist them and their tyranny! Long live [Country name here]! All forces ATTACK!"

""We're friends here] if you have a problem with one [strike hard!"
10 translations:
""My friends, we fight because we are not enemies, but we will negotiate with them, and tyranny, who lived in the name of a State [here]!" On the attack!"

25 translations
""My friends who are in trouble because we are not enemies, but he had domain [name here] lives in the violence!" Attack!"

Now I'll put the end result of 54 translations into 54 more.

End result:
"[Great confirmation of our friends [G! ."
Now, 54 more:
"Ponce - [Dead! ."
54 more(!):
"[2007 مارس beyonse - Dead."
So, after 162 translations:
"My friends, today we will fight for what we know is true. We will not submit to the enemy! We will resist them and their tyranny! Long live [Country name here]! All forces ATTACK!"
becomes
"[2007 مارس beyonse - Dead."

...Wow.

"At sign dollar sign pound sign. Dollar sign. You are all fools. Redosia will easily destroy you completely! Redosia is more than you can imagine! LONG LIVE REDOSIA!!!"

"America is not at home. Dvp Arabic word that Kills someone! Again, you can imagine! Ball game!"

ApeofLight
2010-04-03, 01:07 PM
Man this thing is hilarious.

We need to keep using it and getting hilarious stuff.

And now we have:
Original text:

"Man this thing is hilarious. We need to keep using it and getting hilarious stuff."

"This thing is ridiculous. We will continue to use and fun."

Narkis
2010-04-03, 01:15 PM
Using max translations is more hilarious than 10. Observe:

"To be or not to be. That is the question."

"Yes or no. This is a problem."

Funny, but we're not there yet.

"No problem."

ghost_warlock
2010-04-03, 01:27 PM
Max translations; this:

"To invoke the hive-mind representing chaos. Invoking the feeling of chaos. Without order. The Nezperdian hive-mind of chaos. Zalgo. He who Waits Behind The Wall. ZALGO! The entire room is filled with Zalgo."

becomes:

"Home ... Paul nezperdyan disease brain Cells, which has in the wall, the chaotic situation is not good! Issues"

Mauve Shirt
2010-04-03, 01:48 PM
"You know you've got the brain of a four-year-old child, and I bet he was glad to get rid of it."

...108 translations later we get:

"You know, four years later."

Sanguine
2010-04-03, 01:58 PM
Original text:

"The world is carried through space on the back of the world turtle Great A'tuin."

"Coracle a 'death and quickly"

Edit:

Original text:

"Rule 1: Fire Solves Everything Rule 2: If Fire Doesn't work refer to Rule 1"

"02:01 Energy Challenges."

Dogmantra
2010-04-03, 02:29 PM
Missing the point.

Original:
I am the very model of a modern major general, I've information vegetable, animal and mineral.

Output (max translations):
Plants, animals and minerals are important tools.

That they are, but geez, that's not what I said.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-03, 04:35 PM
So, I typed down the first couple things I thought of (it helped that my brothers were playing two different video games so I had random inspiration), and I checked to see if it made more sense.

It did, actually. Here it goes:

"Resist Wind 1 Resist Sealed Artes 1, Cures Poison, Synthesize, such imprudence! Give me the necklace for your punishment! I am a shadow lady! You struck first! However, the tactics are to swap battles and partners, like a cowboy. Success! Piranha"

"Click Start, and energy, 11 Toxicity, including the development of Apathy! Some of the Winners there, my level of color first technology war, trade and pleasant, but of Pyron."

Which, actually, gives me an idea.

Once again, same circumstance:

"Eew, we're holding hands. There's a cavelike area, not far from here. And...I can't open it. Follow the stinky punies. The writing was in pink, and it had a heart, and it said that I like aflutter. You got a problem with that? Way to kill the moment"

"Openings anime ... Pink fhealltoir clear how tomuauto Kisses four light."

So, yes. They give me ideas for stories.

Dogmantra
2010-04-03, 04:37 PM
"Mary Mary quite contrary. How does your garden grow?"
becomes
"Crime in the park?" which both my brother and I think is an excellent name for a band, song, album or p'rhaps an art piece. I reckon that's a pretty productive use of this site, thinking up titles.

Istari
2010-04-03, 04:48 PM
"One death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic."
becomes
"Million of people have died in the tragic death statistics"

"The cake is a lie."
becomes
"Cake"

This site is great.

Leliel
2010-04-03, 05:08 PM
Mass Effect, when the translators are buggy:

I. Am. Krogan! FEEL THE BLOOD RAGE!"

"First of all you. Kroger! Feelings of anger in the blood!"

Well, managed to get the point across, although Grunt seems to have dropped down the evolutionary chain a bit.

"An assassin is a weapon. A weapon doesn't choose to kill. The one who wields it does."

...25 translations later we get:

"Theft, and barrel. Stansted decided to death. Clean."

I'm sorry Thane, was that another mythological figure? Of nonsensical household products, perhaps?

"I like black and white. Grey...I don't know what to do with grey."

"Black Grace, I love you ... Unknown error."

What the...Legion! What did I tell you about fanboyism! Not while quoting Garrus!

Senator Cybus
2010-04-03, 05:41 PM
"Home? I have no home. Hunted. Despised. Living like an animal. The jungle is my home! And I will show the world that I can be it's master! I will perfect my own race of people. A race of atomic supermen, which will conquer the world!"

"Home? I have no home. Date of publication. Declined. Live like animals. Jungle is my home! I want to tell the world, I can learn! We are a completely different game. Superman of the nuclear arms race, which was broken in the world!"

"I am not at home. Let's go. Back. They live like animals. Forest is home! I tell people I know! We have a completely different game. Superman in the nuclear arms race, which was broken in the world!"

"Residential yes, yes ... Hey, above, as wild animals at home! I know all the different games. Where nuclear Weapons, and we lost Superman!"

In Xanadu did Kubla Khan
A stately pleasure-dome decree:
Where Alph, the sacred river, ran
Through caverns measureless to man
Down to a sunless sea.

"Jiekehannuo on Xanadu, an interesting and magnificent dome decree: If the new Alfa river caves, they do not measure the sun's oceans."

"Jiekehannuo Xanadu interesting and impressive dome, R: variable alpha Tabone miserable day Mars, the new Rio"

"Zanadudomu jyekehannuo joy and happiness, and research and Tuesday New Gabon YOU best in the set parameters."

I think I may have broken it...:smallamused:

PersonMan
2010-04-03, 05:55 PM
"Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life. You can not spell 'slaughter' with out 'laughter'."

"Light at night, if the temperature you will get the support from Victim of Genocide. ""

"Why do people wage war? Is it because of resources? No, because so many are used up. Is it because of land? No, because the land is all blasted up. Why do people wage war? Simple. For dinner."

"Why are not the money? Ttanginga original value or not, but he refused. We want to give it a try? Easy to help"

Dogmantra
2010-04-03, 06:27 PM
An amusing one:
"God save the Queen" becomes "England"

Redpieper
2010-04-03, 06:51 PM
This is hilarious :smallbiggrin:

Original

"Purge the heretic"
54 translations later
"Discount"

Huh so that's why the sisters of battle are so pious. :smallconfused:

Original

"Blood for the bloodgod, skulls for the skull throne!!"
54 translations later
""With blood in the blood of God."

Well can't say it makes less sense then the usual khorne blathering.

Original

"The Imperium of Man"
54 translations later
"Justice"

:smallconfused:

Original

"The Emperor of Mankind"
54 translations later
"She"

Well I'll leave you all with that one :smallamused:

PersonMan
2010-04-03, 07:06 PM
"Did we send the "don't shoot we're pathetic" message yet?" - John Crichton GOOD FOR THE GOOD GOD KILL PURGE BURN"

"The image is hard - and John Clayton, Lord, to kill burn clean."

"Giant in the playground is so great! It is a wonderful forum with many happy, friendly people there! The moderators are fair, and the air is fresh/clean!"

"Step the Air! Forum for friendship, joy! Clean air filter, is not it?"
Ouch.

The internet is a great place to find new friends! You can meet and chat with people from far away places!...Yeah, right. The enemy will find, explode, and destroy all enemy bases, which are belong to us."

"So thank you for my new friend! You can not compete with people and talk! ... Yes, if you go in and attack the enemy."

"This translator is bad. Seriously, it is pathetic. I would severely enjoy eviscerating it into tiny pieces, only to smash the remains with a car driven by one thousand bad mexican taxi drivers."

"My mistake, it's very odd car bomb, Mexico fatigue and business direction."

"Bad translator for breakfast every day for a million years. Yes, even on Tuesdays. Keep the circle of inner friendships within the family!"

"Daily breakfast in the shell, there is no reason for a million years. But now, on Tuesday. Friends and family!"

"Eid al-Fitr, every member of the road, there is no reason for millions of dollars, but at the time. Tues family! ""

""Eid al-Fitr, every member of the road a few hundred million dollars, but now the family's day."

"'Impossible!'...No, not really. But, then again, 'Highly unlikely!' just doesn't have the same ring to it, right?"

"Anna calls !'... But really?"

Wow, looks like Anna never calls.

"Feel my bloody vengeance! I am an angel of bloody revenge!"

"Home blood vengeanse! Revenge on my head!"

Sliver
2010-04-04, 02:12 AM
The internet is for porn"

"Internet Forum."

:smalleek:

golentan
2010-04-04, 02:21 AM
Gurren Lagann will not be stopped!

"Do the impossible, see the invisible, Row Row Fight the Power! Touch the Untouchable, Break the Unbreakable, Row Row Fight the power!"

becomes

"When I want to make sure that the fight against corruption. Click here for complete political power."

Umm... They evidently became internet addict dictators...

Jokasti
2010-04-04, 02:21 AM
Original text:

"so i herd u liek mudkipz"

"So, I'm like a flock of Mudkipz"
~~~~~~~~~~
Original text:

"My WalMart was leaking, so I ran Superman's chair up to Argentina to specificate the quantum mechanics that are 42 monkeys playing Beethoven's Pi. Why, you may contend? For the Pokemon."

"Theft of information and knowledge products, including the war in Argentina, was about 42 Beethoven? Carpenter"
~~~~~~~~~~
Original text:

"Yeah though I walk through the valley four score and seven years ago our father who art in heaven it's the best of both worlds human stupidity is infinite six multiplied by nine is forty two"

"But his father 87 years and 942 yotsoia six times in my life, stupid."

Egiam
2010-04-04, 02:44 AM
"What a piece of work is man! how noble in reason! how infinite in faculty! in form and moving how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals"

Became:
"Products people can do! How can clever! As teachers endless! Speed control levers, great! An angel! I am not afraid of God! Beauty is in the world to create a model"

----------

"In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?"

Became:
"In order to maintain the correct speed, wind speed and enjoy the wings 41, played three times per second?"

With 25 became:
"More speed, wind speed and foremost 41st Fender played three times in a row?"

With 54 became:
"341 velocity and wind velocity in the first place?"

http://1000awesomethings.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/the-laugh-echo-in-practice.jpg?w=283&h=277

Deca
2010-04-04, 05:24 AM
Original: We are the Knights who say Ni!

Translated:"Players say no!"
Interesting. It turned Monty Python into what appears to be an anti-drug message of some sort.

Original: He who fights monsters should see to it that he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into the abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Translated: Valley Fever prevention and Monsters and abroad.

...I see.

Lioness
2010-04-04, 05:37 AM
Original: We are the Knights who say Ni!

Translated:"Players say no!"
Interesting. It turned Monty Python into what appears to be an anti-drug message of some sort.

Alternatively, it's a protest against in-game Monty Python referencing battles...

Deca
2010-04-04, 05:43 AM
Alternatively, it's a protest against in-game Monty Python referencing battles...

Ah yes, that is indeed a relentless scourge.

I'm not allowed to play enchanters anymore...

Asta Kask
2010-04-04, 06:02 AM
Original text:

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

"Many people live lives worthy of death. Some die deserve life. You are a woman? I am very pleased that the court's death. As such, I can not see around."

How did "Can you give it to them?" turn into "You are a woman?"

Deca
2010-04-04, 06:03 AM
Original text:

How did "Can you give it to them?" turn into "You are a woman?"

Clearly Gandalf smoked the wrong sort of pipeweed.

Froogleyboy
2010-04-04, 09:23 AM
I put in "All in all it's just another brick in the wall.
All in all you're just another brick in the wall."
and got "Generally, this is just a brick in the wall. Under normal circumstances, you have only one wall."

Strawberries
2010-04-04, 09:38 AM
That is hilarious. I want to try, too :smallbiggrin:.
Let's start with my signature

"I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me"
10 traslations later
"I do not think I'm still free, you can find your paradise""
...that's pretty the opposite, I think.
25 translation later
"I think it is not free," Heaven "
Huh. That's oddly poetic.
max number of translations later
""The freedom and faith"
Where did the verbs go?

Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot
10 translations later
Dream history and the facts will bear this fact, ashes, forgotten
Pardon?
25 translations later
In my mind the history and facts in a dream, forget ash
...:smallconfused:
max number of translations later
Not the real truth, forget the gray
now that would be a cool secret message. I'll have to keep that in mind.

And I don't even dare to put in the quote about cthonic nutmeg :smallwink:.

PersonMan
2010-04-04, 10:05 AM
Original text:

"And I don't even dare to put in the quote about cthonic nutmeg"

"Devil's table size."

Well! Don't worry, the actual quote can't be too bad...

"Since we're talking about something Lovecraft came up with... yeah, but it has to be enigmatical, cyclopean, eldritch, cthonic nutmeg."

"1 of the instructions ... However Reptiles fantasy, mystery, great, said in normal conditions."

Well. Only one of the instructions? Where are the rest?

SDF
2010-04-04, 10:11 AM
I once put a reverse guitar effect at the beginning and end of my effects loop. Turned on everything in between, and started playing. Same thing, but with music.

Strawberries
2010-04-04, 10:30 AM
"1 of the instructions ... However Reptiles fantasy, mystery, great, said in normal conditions."

Well. Only one of the instructions? Where are the rest?

Obviously the rest are not said in normal conditions...duh. :smalltongue::smallbiggrin:

When I put in the quote, I got:

"Since we're talking about something Lovecraft came up with... yeah, but it has to be enigmatical, cyclopean, eldritch, cthonic nutmeg."
after 54 translations:
"Confidential, but I promise I will do ... Club iukdugueun century."

"iukdugueun"? That sounds Lovecraftian enough, I suppose :smallbiggrin:

PersonMan
2010-04-04, 10:52 AM
I once put a reverse guitar effect at the beginning and end of my effects loop. Turned on everything in between, and started playing. Same thing, but with music.

"In addition, China, and the game starts very useful and less music."

What do you have against music?

"I wonder what sort of idiocy can come of randomly entering completely nonsensical things into this. Well, you see, there is no longer a boot master without his apprentice."

"It will not only experience the fun. Teachers and students are my"

I will not only experience the fun! I will also experience the work!

Strawberries
2010-04-04, 11:04 AM
Let's see how it handles poetry and songs.

"April is the cruellest month, breeding lilacs out of the dead land, mixing memory and desire, stirring dull roots with spring rain."
"April brutal combination of memory and desire crimson rain, died at the root of all evil."

Mama, just killed a man, put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger, now he's dead. Mama, life had just begun, but now I've gone and thrown it all away."
"My mother, who supports gun to kill his mother died and I began living here"

"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven."
54 translations later we get:
"The first law of heaven and hell"

I can't stop laughing at the last two.

PersonMan
2010-04-04, 11:08 AM
Original text:

"YES, YOUR HIGHNESS. ALL HAIL THE LAND OF ULTIMATE, PENULTIMATE BOOT LASER CANNONS WITH THE DEADLY SAMURAI NINJA TEAMS THAT DESTROY ALL INVADERS"

"Well, Doc of laser Weapons in the former Welcome military Ceasefire began to play."

Well, it turns quasi-coherent shouting into complete gibberish! Yay!

Now I'll plug in part of an old template I created for...

riginal text:

"“Crystalline Ceature” is an acquired template than can be added to any corporeal creature(hereafter referred to as the base creature) that is NOT an undead, construct or outsider. Size and Type: Change type to aberration[Earth]. Do not recalculate hi"

"Organic can (oil supply glass feature) is better or die. However, the type and size: [normal language]"

Original text:

"bad translator"

"Error"

Hmm...not what was advertised.

Asta Kask
2010-04-04, 12:18 PM
"God has smiled upon you this day The fate of a nation in your hands And blessed be the children, we who fight with all our bravery Until only the righteous stand"

"God put a smile today, homosexual destiny in my hands and blessed the problem child in our hearts"

It may belong in the LGBTitP thread...

DraPrime
2010-04-04, 12:46 PM
Lets see how this thing handles that ever famous soliloquy spoken by Hamlet.

Original text:

" To be, or not to be--that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune Or to take arms against a sea of troubles And by opposing end them. To die, to sleep-- No more--and by a sleep to say we"

And then after 25 translations:

"This is - skimming suffering welfare, here and there to get a picture of suffering endless sea of poverty arrows. To die, to sleep - to - before going to sleep"

Hmmm, I didn't know Hamlet discussed welfare systems and poverty arrows. Well then, how about the closing line of the most recent comic:

Aton: Supporting unrealistic expectations of what a female adventurer should look like since the art in First Edition.

This becomes....

1 woman looking to Athens art: unrealistic expectations about story problems help: What does it mean.

I suspect that the last bit is the translator speaking out in frustration.

Cicciograna
2010-04-04, 12:59 PM
After 54 translations...

"As the size of an exposion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

becomes...

"0, choose some other"

Or...

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

becomes...

"Mistakes are possible." (which is quite symbolic...)

lobablob
2010-04-04, 01:20 PM
"This translator is bad. Seriously, it is pathetic. I would severely enjoy eviscerating it into tiny pieces, only to smash the remains with a car driven by one thousand bad mexican taxi drivers."

I've taken this one, and I've translated it hundreds of more times. So far I've got to "Mexico, thousands of fun players online". I'm trying to find a point where it will no longer change - When I was doing 10 translations at a time it stopped changing on a previous form, but going to max allowed it to change to this.

Edit - 54 more translations changed it to "Mexico, thousands of players online entertainment". 10 and 25 translations don't change it at all, but max translation just change it back to the previous form - "Mexico, thousands of fun players online"

Edit 2 - I went through the logs, and I found it could be changed to one other thing by certain languages, but just got changed back in the end. So it took the other change - "And Mexico, thousands of players online entertainment" but it just gets translated back to ""Mexico, thousands of fun players online"".

Froogleyboy
2010-04-04, 01:39 PM
"Your mama is a prostitute" becomes "Mrs. Fox" . . . . um?

Murdim
2010-04-04, 01:43 PM
"But wait, will we have to implant the stick up your ass, or will it grow there once you take the level ?"

"However, we reserve the growth of plants, ass in the air, how do you do if?"

"Go for the eyes, Boo, go for the eyes !"

"In his eyes, Boo, your eyes!"

"HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX." ... "IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. HATE. HATE."

"Hatred. Let me tell you how hatred has begun to live. Some 387.44 million small layer of print, fill in the circle of our complex kilometers." ... "If you do not like NANOANGSTROM carved hundreds of millions of kilometers, equivalent to those who hate me at this moment, the feeling of one billion SMS messages. Hatred. Hatred."

Strawberries
2010-04-04, 01:45 PM
"Your mama is a prostitute" becomes "Mrs. Fox" . . . . um?

Mrs Fox probably slept around.

One of my favourite moments from Babylon 5:

""We have treaties..." "INK on a PAGE!""
""We can not tolerate the ink on the page!" ""
""We can not take a picture on your page!"
""We have no pictures!"

Now I'm quite sure Lord Refa didn't want to say that. :smalltongue:

Asta Kask
2010-04-05, 06:09 AM
"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, "

"Battle of Mount Street, public beach and not interested in fighting for our country."

Asta Kask
2010-04-05, 07:17 AM
I'm liking this far too much...

"Woe to you, oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short... let him who has understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number. It's number is six hundred and sixty six."

"Oh, and send the devil knows evil beast. I Love Animals and I know phone size, six hundred and 6.70."

Gadora
2010-04-05, 11:58 AM
I ran the opening lines of various books that were within easy reach. I used 54 translations in order to maximize the translation slippage.

Inkheart by Cornelia Funke:
"Rain fell that night, a fine, whispering rain."
became
"God of rain in the afternoon."
Tooth and Claw by Jo Walton:
"Bon Agornin writhed on his deathbed, his wings beating as if he would fly to his new life in his old body."
became
"Agornin and children living away from the old Application."
Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett
"This is where dragons went."
became
"Dragon."

Well, that's certainly succinct.
Foundation by Isaac Asimov
"His name was Gaal Dornick and he was just a country boy who had never seen Trantor before."
became
"Submit kg cat because 迦勒 high religion."

I'm not surprised that this would be the one to bork the translator the most.
The Murder at Hazelmoor by Agatha Christie
Major Burnaby drew on his gum boots, buttoned his overcoat collar round his neck, took from a shelf near the door a hurricane lantern, and cautiously opened the front door of his little bungalow and peered out."
became
"Hall soon open metal shoes."
Eberron Campaign Setting created by Keith Baker
"Welcome to the Eberron Campaign Setting, a world of swashbuckling action and dark fantasy designed especially for the DUNGEONS & DRAGONS(capital R in a circle) game."
became
"Gemudanjonzu and business plan and Dragon eberron), and especially think black dragon "(ie tadhanil."

I think Ie Tadhanil is going to have to be the name of a black dragon in that setting I'm working on.
Crystal Singer by Anne McCaffrey
"Killashandra listened as the words dropped with leaden fatality into her frozen belly."
became
"Killashandra fundamental and difficult to hear the death penalty can not be denied."
The Weapon Makers by A.E. van Vogt
"Hedrock almost forgot the spy ray."
became
"Hedrokk almost forgotten species"

How did that c get changed to a k?
Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams
"This time there would be no witnesses."
became
"Research"
Elantris by Brandon Sanderson
"Prince Raoden of Arelon awoke early that morning, completely unaware that he had been damned for all eternity."
became
"Purinsuareruofisu site today."

No, Purinsuareruofisu site tomorrow.
The Boy Scouts' Motor-Cycles by Ralph Victor
""Which road shall we take?" called Pepper Blake, stopping undecidedly at the fork of the road and getting down from his motor-cycle to read the direction on the signpost."
became
""Where?" Pobulaike decided to keep the car well."

I think this might just be a fun way to generate names for NPCs.
Don Quixote by Cervantes
"At a village of La Mancha, whose name I do not wish to remember, there lived a little while ago one of those gentlemen who are wont to keep a lance in the rack, an old buckler, a lean horse, and a swift greyhound."
became
"Mancha the name of security and a few times, my friends of my life quickly."
Moby **** by Herman Melville
"Call me Ishmael."
became
"My name is ismail."

That's surprisingly close.
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
""I've watched through his eyes, I've listened through his ears, and I tell you he's the one.""
became
"Eyes and ears to hear, I think."

This one made some interesting stops along the way...
Dune by Frank Herbert
"In the week before their departure to Arrakis, when all the final scurrying about had reached a nearly unbearable frenzy, an old crone came to visit the mother of the boy, Paul."
became
"Arrakis on Saturday, mother and son, Paul, do not wait until the last page."

Do not wait until the last page Paul, do something now.
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit."
became
"Short - inch hole."
Lando Calrissian and the Mindharp of Sharu
""Sabacc!""
became
"The 'Oh!"

*facepalm* Run this one yourself. You need to see the route it takes.

UnChosenOne
2010-04-05, 12:15 PM
Enter: "KILL, MAIM, BURN!"
After 10 translations:
"Matar I mutilar cremar"
"Damage to kill"
"Killing"

Enter: "For the Emperor"
"Emperador!"
"From"
"To"

Enter: "Can I've a cup of Coffee?"
54 translations later
"The remaining cup from coffee?"

Asta Kask
2010-04-05, 01:26 PM
I have a house in New Orleans,
said the growth of Sun
and the poor children of God,

I know my mother Kravetz
former Soviet Union, the new jeans,
my father fought in New Orleans confirmed

Now, players from Massachusetts,
who have children who want to relax
just a bag of water Verl crime
that we know that Ku Tong zai F

Oh, and I set foot on stage,
I returned to New Orleans,

New Orleans, Ike has a call today,
and I know a lot about the problems
of poor children, but Lord, I will come

Asta Kask
2010-04-05, 02:12 PM
They were born, all nurses,
as a function fun rifles and
the President's brother, said:
"There is only one leg.
The right direction"

8 Baby ugly ugly feet

A thousand hearts are broken,
and thousands of children,
thank the good girl,
but I can say that only direct

8 Baby ugly ugly feet

I pray for a variety of woman,
I want to steal a shame,
well, beautiful woman and a girl,
you can get very good,
I said, he looked at me, and
I have a beautiful woman says
to the bones and bad.

8 Baby ugly ugly feet

When I got in the way,
the king and queen of women sadollats.
I think you should see the child.
I am here to say that
was reasonable to direct

8 Baby ugly ugly feet

PersonMan
2010-04-05, 07:43 PM
Original text:

"LIVE!LIVE!I WILL NOT LET THIS THREAD DIE!!NEVER!!"

"The site, T Fish"

Original text:

"SOMEONE GET ME A DEFIBRILLATOR!! WE NEED TO RESTART THE HEART OF THIS THREAD NOW! *SHOCK PADS* SHOCKING ELECTRIC NOISE!"

"Fibrilasyo 'Ma! Central New! * Are you tired?"

You know, I never thought of that. You guys just too tired to post?

Xzeno
2010-04-05, 07:52 PM
Interesting one:

IN: Snake, what happened? Snake? Snake!"

Ten translations: "Snake, what happened? Asia and the Pacific? Snake!"

PersonMan
2010-04-05, 08:04 PM
"Some people on a balcony. Why do we care?"

"To account for some Rooms have balkonyes?"

Erm? The German word was frozen there...

Original text:

"ONE HUNDRED PERCENT AUTHENTIC-(POTATO)-DINNER/FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

"Power 100 breakfast Potatoes - Dinner / drive% ()!"

Eldrys
2010-04-05, 08:05 PM
"This is one messed up translator"

54 translations later

"Players"

"I am the most humble man on earth, in fact, I'm so darn humble, it's not even funny. I'm probably the most humble being to ever be conceived!"

54 translations later

"Kind of people around the world race, he went through in Sa"

PersonMan
2010-04-05, 08:14 PM
riginal text:

"(This translator) is a failure. Amazing!You, [Subject name here], must be pride of [subject hometown here]!"

"The problem () to fheikail Sweet, yeah! Jump to:]] [Q"

What the-?! How? Just...how? :smalleek:

Axinian
2010-04-05, 08:28 PM
"We're in bat country."
After 54 translations becomes:
"I have a daughter." 0_o

"Card games on motorcycles!"
becomes:
"Video poker machine?"

"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down"
becomes:
"First, you can download." If there's a period between the phrases.
If there's a comma, it becomes:
"For your wallet." :smallconfused:

Sorry if anyone posted these already

Whammydill
2010-04-06, 01:01 PM
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

"However, when abuse of power, long-term culture, and as always, the tyranny of attempted rape in the same row design, which is their right and obligation to accept the government, hopefully, a new secure future."

Man, I feel sorry for the rest of the Declaration of Independence.

Asta Kask
2010-04-06, 01:35 PM
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it."

"106 miles to Chicago, gas cans full of glass and a half packs of tobacco products. Destinations."

Asta Kask
2010-04-06, 01:43 PM
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

"The meeting is to establish a religion or a prohibition of free exercise or free speech and freedom of press restrictions: or peace, human rights, freedom of assembly and petition, the government appealed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"AA is free of national security, the people the right to own and bear arms, well-organized Minbing necessary, and can not hurt."

"No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law."

"Without peace there is no agreement, at home or soldiers during the war, but in the manner provided by law."

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

"People on their own security, address, document and project impact and seizures, shall not be violated, how project procurement, but may be subject to declaration or protest, and describes the specificity of the place to find evidence of a person or thing World of Warcraft."

WarBrute
2010-04-06, 02:30 PM
There once was a man from Nantucket
Who kept all his money in a bucket
He had a daughter named Nan
Who ran away with a man
and as for the bucket Nantucket

after 10...

He once said that man from Nantucket, all of their money barrel, the South, he and another man and woman fled Nantucket cubes"

after 25...

This is one of Nantucket, for all the money in his bucket, he was placed in South Nantucket bucket to other people, she fled with her daughter

after max (54)

Naenteoketeseo money. South nantakettodeta for Businessmen and women, even men.

Kallisti
2010-04-06, 02:48 PM
An amusing one:
"God save the Queen" becomes "England"

Really? I got "God, keep the Queen." Which is amusing in its own right if you parse God as an oath and not the person you're addressing.

Danne
2010-04-06, 02:58 PM
Some more Oots ones:

"Reduce. Reuse. Reanimate."
--> "Discount. Reuse. Inspiration."

"I dream of the day when I will learn to stop asking questions for which I will regret learning the answers."
--> "In the dream that one day cease to study and training, will respond to economize effort."

"Did that halfling just hit me in the face with a pineapple?"
-->"Affect my halfling only pineapple face?"

"Pickle death attack!"
-->"Salt attack deaths."

""Mmm, what is that smoky flavor in your blood cholesterol? Is that gouda? Damn, that's tasty.""
-->"Ah, what is the level of cholesterol in the blood of smoky flavor? There? Oh, delicious."

I'd do more, but I'm supposed to be doing German homework, so...:smallredface:

Eldrys
2010-04-06, 03:05 PM
Really? I got "God, keep the Queen." Which is amusing in its own right if you parse God as an oath and not the person you're addressing.

It becomes "English" if you translate it 54 times (max)

Whammydill
2010-04-07, 06:24 AM
""I am not willing to comment in public on the custody discussions regarding my children," Gosselin says in a new statement. "What I will say is this: I am and always will be a mother first, but as a single working mom, I will do everything necessary to provide for my kids despite the opinions of others." "

""I have a child, mengomentari Defense Analysis, said:" A new program of pain. All working mothers, fathers, I have enough time to comment on the food."
----------------------------

I KNEW she was a Mengomentarian!!! This new pain program must be her Dancing with the Stars appearance, as it IS quite painful to watch. And yes, the food is what's really important. :smallbiggrin:

Asta Kask
2010-04-07, 03:55 PM
In many ways she seems to say?
For example, the first number of doves,
PA, White Sea before bedtime?
As soon as the ball was
still forbidden to fly balls?
Reply to answer my friend is blowing
in the wind and wind power.

Some people keep looking at the sky?
I speak of "N-Series,
the people can hear you crying?
Get the number of deaths N"
to think that many people died?

A few years ago the sea, this is money?
A couple of years, "F" refers to a lot of
people are not free? Therefore,
the head several times, if you are not?

Thelas
2010-04-08, 10:35 AM
From "Exalted is a game of epic fantasy set during the Second Age of Man, a time before our own.
It is an age of magic and adventure, when heroes of legend are reborn into a time of woe."
to...
"As neighbors and plan to fly this year. Face with the disease, the characters and interesting story." (54 later)

From "In the Monstrous Compendium, wolfweres are noted as being hit only by iron or +1 or better weapons. The word "iron" is up to interpretation here as to what qualifies. It is important in this module to keep wolfweres a threat to the PCs."
to...
"Ironikalli, the steel and other Weapons, as well as safety buying volfveres volfveres can see the importance of sleep." (54 later)

From: "War is Hell. Many would claim the statement to be a cliché unworthy of being printed in any serious text. However, on occasion, the simplest statements are the most accurate. War has always been and will always be a blight upon Creation." to
"Dante war, but of course, the driver will be sent every time the office is open Warfare." (54 later)

From "[DELETED FOR SECURITY REASONS]" to...
"Safety and press"

Thoughts?
(And yes, that was actually "[DELETED FOR SECURITY REASONS]", I didn't just decide not to tell you the text.)

Je dit Viola
2010-04-08, 01:06 PM
/\ Ha, that's all so funny.

Look, I did this:

Original text:

"There is no mind control. Go back to your fun, citizens."

After 10:
"No sense of control. Back to the fun, and people."

After 25:
"Quite conscious. Back to fun people."

After 54:
"Note: the return of the people who interesting."

Well, they're all different from each other.

Veg Sorbet
2010-04-08, 05:06 PM
Original:

"Two worn-out trains sat, coughing and growling at each other, from opposite platforms. One had just arrived, whilst the other was preparing to depart. On the platform, flustered and frustrated passengers battled their way through the unyielding mob."

10:

"Exhaustion of two trains, cough and waste for each platform. New members, while others are preparing to leave. On stage, passengers killer in its own way and disappointed crowd collapse."

25:

"Finally, two trains, cough and useless for all platforms. New friends, while others are preparing to go. Laval, Assassin movement and frustrated, and fall trial."

54:

"In addition, two Trains and me in the Operating system core. , New Friend, and other control efforts and Lovell and the final decision."

Edit:
Original:

"thousands were lost in sight of those shores, I'll follow no more!"
(random line from the song I was listening to at the time.)

25:

"Thousands of people lost their eyes on the beach, I see!"

Athaniar
2010-04-08, 05:23 PM
This sounds really amusing. Let's try Ozymandias:

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert.

"And part of the forest, two miles from the old way."

Ehm, what forest?

Anyway, the Lich King:

You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear.

"What community issues keparahan ... I costume."

Not quite as intimidating...

This IS fun, and I will try more things tomorrow.

Cealocanth
2010-04-08, 05:49 PM
"This is Sparta!" becomes "This is Sparta!" Huh? :smallconfused:

"You put your tray table up...and your seat back in the full upright position." becomes
"You can add tables to the Chinese in this country ... I will be completely vertical position."

"And the chicken, still is sitting, still is sitting, on my kitchen floor..." becomes

"Field believed to sit on the floor in the kitchen ..."

"Dude! u n00b! u ttly dissd my comp man!" becomes
"Friends! You n00b! Companies can dissd ttly man!"

Quite strange if you ask me. Somemake a weird sort of sense. I also tried Jabberwocky. "It was a devil, and the slithy toves Did gyre and gimble in the wabe: All mimsy were the borogoves and outgrabe cur Raths After." Jabberwock, my son! Jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware Jubjub bird, and avoid tree frumious Bandersnatch! "He had his vorpal sword in hand: Long time manxome enemy tried it - a sense of Tumtum, and stood a moment in thought. And in uffish thought he stood, Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, through the wood tulgey whiffling, And burbled as it has,! A two! One, two, and with and through the vorpal blade snicker-snack was.: he is dead, and with its head He went galumphing back: "Did you kill Jabberwock ? Come into my arms, my son Beamish Weird! O day! Callooh Callay! "He chortled in his joy." It was the Devils, and the slithy toves Did gyre and gimble in the wabe: All mimsy were the borogoves and Raths cur outgrabe.

Maximum Zersk
2010-04-08, 07:13 PM
Translated 712 of OotS.

Original:

Haley: -and then once I had bought all that, I only needed to spend 18 more gold pieces to get the free gift.
Elan: *sniff* Mmmmm! Ylang-ylang!
Vaarsuvius: I am hopeful that the endeavors of either of you were more fruitful than my own.
Elan: Hi, V. What was wrong with the mage's guild?
Vaarsuvius: Nothing, except that they were less of a "guild" and more of a collection of dilettantes who meet every Tuesday over lunch to discuss how "totally awesome" it would be to learn 2nd-level spells.
Obviously, our epic-level illusionist does not consult them on his ventures forth.
Elan: Let's go find Roy and the others. Maybe they had better luck.
Vaarsuvius: Alternately, we could wait for them here, as instructed.
Elan: Aww, come on, we're like an hour early! I don't wanna-AAAH!
Haley: ELAN, LOOK OUT!
Vaarsuvius: It would appear to be a Strength-draining poison... on magical bolts, no less.
Elan: Neutralise Poison!
Hey, that's not fair, why isn't V getting up?
Haley: It'll prevent things from getting worse, but it won't undo the Strength damage V already took!
Now sword out, we're under attack!
Haley: Sorry, V. I just reacted to get Elan out of the way...
Vaarsuvius: Though I cannot move, I am in no immediate danger. You made the right decision.
Now go and meet our attackers.
Blackwing: You think this will be an easy fight, then?
Vaarsuvius: No, I meant she made the right decision philisophically speaking, in choosing to protect the one she loves over considerations of respective power.
Practically speaking, we are almost certainly going to die.

Translated:

Haley: Is needed when I bought gifts for 18 gold medals.
Elan: * Beat the murder of millions! Ylang Ylang - ylang;
Vaarsuvius: I hope that my work in the garden.
Elan: RSS and asked: "What has happened in the pool?"
Vaarsuvius: Nobody knows, but "the community and his followers on Sunday to discuss how to" Open 2nd games.
Yes. We heard - Specialist.
Elan: Roy find a way. You may have better luck.
Vaarsuvius: Moreover, as we hope, is expected.
Elan: Wine Furniture with us soon! I - I do not know, and the company is ca!
Haley: You are here.
Vaarsuvius: It seems that the strong product ... Magic experience, nothing less.
Elan: Poison.
Hey, this is not true, V is more than that?
Haley: It seems that the situation is worse, but it certainly does not prevent damage to the fifth power!
But the power of Cain!
Haley: Unfortunately, the only way to five houses ...
Vaarsuvius: Even though no one affected by these actions. You're right choice.
We're very excited.
Blackwing: I think this game is very simple, right?
Vaarsuvius: I philisophically right decision in all shapes and sizes, including the defense does not want.
In practice it is almost certainly dead.

Freako
2010-04-08, 08:17 PM
Original text:

"The streets are empty. Wind skims the voids keeping neighbors apart, as if grazing the hollow of a cut reed, or say, a plundered mailbox. A familiar note is produced. It's the one Desolation plays to keep its instrument in tune."

"The streets are empty. Wind slide separate adjacent regions, such as reducing grazing persist square cavity. Knowledge production and acquaintances. It is a tool that is stored in a harmonious and representative."

"March Only family and neighbors all Imaging. To spread information and knowledge for the time being."

Well, this certainly is interesting.

Uncle Festy
2010-04-08, 11:07 PM
"Tonight we dine in hell!" becomes "At night, eat fire."
"When there's something strange in the neighborhood, Who you gonna call?" becomes "If you have any strange man began to call in the area?"
"Screw the rules, I have money!" becomes "See, rules, money!"
:smallbiggrin:

Athaniar
2010-04-09, 04:48 AM
Have you ever heard of the movie "007 casino", starring Craig as the British super-spy 007? While i didn't really like the movie itself, it did have an awesome theme song: "You know", by Kelisikang boy.

Sing it with me!

Known in this life.
Women often heap.

It is hard to deceive the eye,

Dark Angel, but meeting the world.

The Army did not publish and share research.
To solve the cold-blooded murder of my death expense've,
you know the name.

Mouth.

If possible service at all times.

Diamond, you can try.

My guest sources tea expense've.

Soneulbosipsyoh. () "I remember only the love of your life (again).

Killing in the name of (their production line) expense've not even know my name.

My name (know my name.
You know.
You know.
You know.

Yes, "Casino Royale" becomes "007 Casino", and James Bond turns into 007 somehwere along the way. And "You Know My Name" turns into "You know your bill" and "You know, they pay" along the way before it turns boring. My favorite line, though, is "The Army did not publish and share research." Also, I liked Dark Angel.

And while we're at it, more Warcraft quotes!

Tremble, mortals, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
becomes

Desperate cell phone! Death worldwide.
Isn't that a novel?

The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn.
becomes

It was announced in early wisdom. "I know, and information. I respect talent.

All I ever wanted was to study.
becomes

I always knew.

Children of the Night, heed your Queen's call! I join you in celebration of this most revered of nights - the night we Forsaken broke the Scourge's yoke of oppression!
becomes

Now children, please read the details? Vietnamese night - best answer!

Asta Kask
2010-04-09, 05:29 AM
It becomes "English" if you translate it 54 times (max)

I'd be surprised if it always became the same thing.

GolemsVoice
2010-04-09, 06:31 AM
Fear is the oldest and strongest emotion of mankind. And the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

becomes, after 10 translations:

"Fear is the oldest and most powerful of human emotions. Fear of the unknown oldest and strongest kind."

That's pretty coherent! But Max translations make it:

"I am not sure the state is strong and big"
No no, Uncle Sam cannot save you from Cthulhu!

Somewhere in between, we get: "I feel lucky. Large and powerful, I do not know what the situation." That's just in Lovecraft's spirit, isn't it?

That nightcrafted, penguinfringed Abyss

becomes, after 10 translations:

"nightcrafted penguinfringed deep"

and after Max translations:

"Navy. Pengoynfringed." Oh, the Navy.

"There are four lights" becomes,a fter Max:

"There are four types of light." Red, blue, green, and?

"Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young" becomes, after Max:

"10,000 circumcision black." A horde of black Yews would certainly have frightened old HPL.

Murdim
2010-04-09, 06:37 AM
Bad translation UP TO ELEVEN ! :smallbiggrin:

"The war 2,101th We need to appoint a bomb. Received signal. What is the captain? Main screen. This is you! How good you are! All your base are belong to us. I was a dead end. What can I say! Did not survive, so this opportunity. Lol .... Captain ¡! Remove all beautiful! "Do you know how to do it. Metastases Seyzh. For many of justice."

"This 2101 built a bomb in the war. Since the signal. Captain? Main screen. You! If you are good! We are all military bases. I love. What can I say? For instance, consider the possibilities. LOL .... Captain ¡! Remove all beautiful! "As you know, a lot of truth .. Seyzh metastases."

"In 2101, when signs teachers Bombing during the war? Objects! Your best! Building scale. What can I say? So ¡.... Hazard Captain lol! Remove all good, more if you want to know the truth .. Data seizh."

Athaniar
2010-04-09, 07:35 AM
"Do You Wanna Date My Avatar" becomes "They want to talk!"

""Do You Wanna Date My Avatar" becomes "They want to talk!"" becomes "Instant Entertainment"

...and THAT "translates" into "But we are working with me in the right direction, "look! But the words"

Anonymoose
2010-04-09, 08:41 AM
Original text:

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

"Good family, was killed minutes inigomontoia"

...That doesn't even make sense. Seriously?

Original text:

"I am the sine of your father. If you square me and add me to the square of the cosine of your father, you will get one."

"But the area in the middle of his father's father, I do not know"

That makes slightly more sense. Think about it, you can imagine two insane mathematicians having this conversation.

Sort of.

It doesn't really help that the original didn't make much sense outside of mathematics.

Original text:

"x equals to minus b plus minus the square root of b squared minus four a c divided by two a"

"X Windows, at least 4 feet square."

Well, it seems that Bad Translation is terrible at mathematics. Let's try a simpler equation.

Original text:

"One plus one equals two. "

"In addition, 1-2."

...how do you get that?:smallconfused:

Athaniar
2010-04-09, 05:02 PM
Original text:

"The next sentence is true: the previous sentence is false."

"Answer: Indeed penalty."
Penalty or not penalty, that is the question.

Original text:

"BAD translator!"

"Look at the facts!"
I see them!

Original text:

"Ave ille Avatar, octavum mundi mirum, hominum opus maximum. Cuius formae par nihil, cuius spectacula veritatis instar, quem pellicula numquam ulla vincet."

"Business, box session, especially my children from 0 to vinsoyangununkuamu legal and practical. The film"
It does make some amount of sense... I think.

Original text:

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players; They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts, His acts being seven ages. "

"Seven men and women of all levels of play for athletes of all ages."
Sounds like a description for a sports event.

And finally, the legendary legend, re-translated (in pieces, with OotS characters to represent the crew):

2 World War began in 2101.

:roy:God or not.

:durkon:Our group of ships.

:elan:Home News

:roy:Captain!

:elan:Activities: Good.

:roy:Teacher: Hey!

:xykon:Your cat or not.

:xykon:Cat, for each fund.

:xykon:Cat: I want to use.

:roy:Neuneyda Q: Music.

:xykon:What this agreement.

:xykon:As .... Lol for.

:elan:Activities: Captain!

:roy:Captain: But your skin.

:roy:T Do you know that one of the options.

:roy:Captain expenses: the police.

:roy:Kyaputenjasutisu Clerk: State

Andraste
2010-04-09, 07:59 PM
Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears;
I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him;
The evil that men do lives after them,
The good is oft interred with their bones,
So let it be with Caesar

50 Translations later

""Friends, Romans, friends and ears adjust to bury Caesar, not price, does not mean they are bad in most cases, the bones are buried Caesar"
---
Ich bin Ein Berliner
"In Berlin, Zurich is the EIN."
---
C'est la vie
"Aberdeen pulled a bit of the future."
---
This is madness! Madness? This is Sparta!
"This is crazy! ¿Locura? This is Sparta!"
""This is insane crazy? Is Sparta!""
---
Say goodbye to your kneecaps, chucklehead!
"Memory cup, fool!"
---
You are a loose cannon cop, but you make a damn good sandwich.
"This is not a police weapon, but you're really good sandwich."
---

OOTS
Goblin: Grrrr!
-: Peeping same!
Haley: What the heck? Wolves beat your ass.
Durkon: I know, dinnae. I jus cogens "... I feel very stable.
-: Pop!
Roy: He ... I think this series of shirts.
Elan: Cool!
Vaarsuvius: I see. I think we need to re-enter the new 3.5.
Roy: Ah, I think the most disturbing ...
Belkar: Yes Ah!
Belkar: Stupid car for three years, it's time to upgrade.
Belkar: Come on, Dad, and new technologies, sometimes!
-: ah!
-: ah!
-: wawawawa!
Roy: Links ... armor contracts.
Haley: How little!
Belkar: Darn it!
-: ping!
Elan: Oh! Possible!
Belkar: Darn it!
Elan: Possible! 6 I like the new power!
Roy: This level is great ... We're not going down to find this year.
Roy: Harry, Boy Scout organizations, than with the other half of the corridor.
Haley: Welcome
Haley: Vaarsuvius you and me!
Vaarsuvius: Intertwined with the destiny!
Elan: Oh!
Roy: Oh, oh, then I Durkon.
Haley: Or ... Belka.
Elan: Oh! Oh! My choice!
Haley: Ah, that did not come.
Elan: Oh! Roy! Oh!
Elan: Oh! Vamos! My choice!
Durkon: You will work -
Roy: I think.

deuxhero
2010-04-09, 09:23 PM
"What can change the nature of a man"
"Who?"

and

"How can one be immortal and still die?"
"How can you be more long term?"

edit:

"What is man? Unfortunately, many secrets!"
""Monster! Anywhere in the world!""

"You who play the role of Raidou and witness this spectacle."
becomes
"I Raidou role, to see this wonderful game."

"I like shorts, they are comfy and easy to wear"
becomes
"I love short films, it is easy to use"

"Damn bright! New Year is a time to measure distances."

"You ever see a little girl with THESE!?"
"We see a girl on?""

“You better not double-cross me Kinbois, because I'll hunt you down and put your head to a stick! Even if it takes me to the ends of hell! Got it!?”
"They're not stupid, because Kinbois monitoring and access to the shelves, head While I attended part of the step:" You know what? "

"Yes I have... that shooting things is fun and useful!"
"Yes, I have ... In fact, all the fires is an interesting and useful!"

Maximum Zersk
2010-04-09, 09:34 PM
---
Ich bin Ein Berliner
"In Berlin, Zurich is the EIN."

Sounds like a German Reversal.

In WWII Germany, BAD Translator misunderstands you!

Athaniar
2010-04-10, 05:38 AM
Original text:

"Bad Translator! - Funny Free Translation Tool"

"Ham - free"
Free ham? Where?

Also, the example quote doesn't work. I get, depending on punctuation, "My experience is sad", "Bad love story", "You have the United States and some", "We love the poor", "We have a great love story?", "I've Downloaded?", "Salahku love!", and "You and me in the bathroom!"

All good song titles, but not what it says in the example.

Lioness
2010-04-10, 05:54 AM
Lady GaGa is amusing...

Original:

Rah rah ah-ah-ah!
Ro mah ro-mah-mah
Gaga Ooh-la-la!
Want your bad romance

After 10:

"Rheumatoid arthritis Lage, oh, oh, oh! Ro-Ro Ro-Ro, Ma Ma Ma "Gaga" Oh, no, no! Bad fiction"

Not bad fiction!

After 25:

Oh, oh, oh, RA! Ro-ro ro, me, me me 'in Oh, no, no! "Ill-conceived"

Now that just sounds dodgy

After Max:

Oh, oh, oh, yeah! Barbara, my, my, "Oh, no problem!

Oh hai, Barbara. Yes, yes, no problem.

Athaniar
2010-04-13, 04:43 AM
For no particular reason, here are the first 100 (EDIT: 150) OotS comics "translated":

Change
Internet
Where
Power
Where in the world
Happiness of those
Meaningless "may."
Mountain City
What changes or not
Deputy Matt
Train
A