PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Extra Swift Actions Per Round

Ranis
2010-04-02, 08:05 AM
I remember reading somewhere, sometime that you could sacrifice Standard and Move actions in exchange for swift actions. Is this true? If so, where can I find this rule?

Myou
2010-04-02, 08:36 AM
I remember reading somewhere, sometime that you could sacrifice Standard and Move actions in exchange for swift actions. Is this true? If so, where can I find this rule?

Absolutely not, that's totally broken. :smalltongue:

Runestar
2010-04-02, 08:57 AM
Only in 4e.

The arcane spellsurge spell suggests that such an action is in fact expressly prohibited (or at least, heavily discouraged) in 3.5. :smallbiggrin:

Optimystik
2010-04-02, 09:18 AM
Synads can get extra Swift actions, but only for purely mental activities, and can only manifest with them if they haven't already done so that turn.

But even if you have, that still leaves Knowledge checks, mentally directing things, etc.

QuantumSteve
2010-04-02, 11:45 AM
By RAW, you can only trade standard actions for move actions. However, in general, standard actions are more powerful than swift, so trading those could be a sensible house rule. Move actions are another story. Being able to cast 3 quickened spells is pretty broken. Add ToB into the mix, 2 boosts to your attacks every round, and it gets worse. Meanwhile, more vanilla characters who don't utilize swift actions as much get hosed.